Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I like the platinum rule; that's pretty good.

I'll add a diamond-encrusted addendum to it; treat Jorp like poo poo because he is.

Also, how does that OP of that tweet misunderstand the point so much? Treating everyone equally was called "inadequate", meaning not sufficient, meaning "more is required". Meanwhile, OP claims that not to treat others equally is racist. But.... The loving ad says 'do more!'

:psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I can't stand awoke stuff at clubs either! I mean, it's 1am, go to bed, be awake TOMORROW!

How do these kids get the energy to be awake so late? :corsair:

For real, though, who's pushing 'woke' stuff specifically at clubs where you can't even hear things?

Also, I wish one of these chuds would actually explain what THEY mean by 'woke', and whether it'll mean what it should mean; respecting and understanding people's differences and not putting up with boomer poo poo anymore.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Didn't the alt-right take over the pepe meme?

Either way, whether Jorp knew what the parentheses meant, he's bought in to something said by someone who (likely?) DOES know what they mean.

I don't know who that guy he's quoting is, but he seems like a complete gently caress rear end.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I know the ones. And there's a reason my Twitter is exclusively for Switch screenshots.

With the qr code update, you don't even need twitter for that anymore.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

There's something about "Maps of Meaning" that I don't know... entrances me?

Not the book itself, no no. I haven't read it, and I probably won't.

It's the title. It comes across as the title for a book that would have been barely published, destined to be forgotten about for decades, only to be seen in dusty bookstores, in a messy pile of others, while you're looking for something else. It's just one of those "old, random, completely forgettable" book titles, more so than something like "12 rules for life" or whatever the gently caress it's called. Does anyone else feel this way?

Ironic that I accuse it of being forgettable, and yet I made this post. :shrug:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's about the same as any other academic philosophy book published in the last 70 years, which may stick out to you as the mark of something you'd never read inasmuch as the name isn't something like "Skull of the Dragon Lich"

Fair. To be honest, I don't need "Dragon Lich" in the title to go and read it. Jorp-aside, a title like "12 Rules for Life" would catch my eye and attention way more than Maps of Meaning, which just sounds so horrendously bland.

And those 3 examples you've shown are right on par with that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Silver John posted:

Maps of meaning sounds like the title of a self published book that was only read by close family members of the writer, and even then only under duress

There’s something about it’s smug pretentiousness that’s kinda off putting

Yes, this exactly.

It feels both new agey and completely milquetoast.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Does the B stand for "bitch"?

kntfkr posted:

Penis Online

Also, I don't know what this is supposed to mean, but it made me genuinely :lol:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

gently caress another James Bond movie, I want a Luther movie

Goddamn YESSSSSS.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I AM GRANDO posted:

What did all these racists think of a scottish man being James Bond in the 60s? Was that an abomination too?

Scottish?

Oh, you mean the other white meat.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If this jackass contracts covid and is knocked on his rear end for it (did he get vaccinated?), I gotta wonder about how he'll act then.

Well, I don't have to wonder, really; he's gonna play it down even if he ends up on his deathbed from it. Guy will earn a Herman Cain award, easily.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kntfkr posted:

me and lorenzo rollin' on the benzos

The worst Paul Simon song.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

thunderspanks posted:

people spent so much time gluing his office door shut when they should have focused on his mouth

Yes, someone should glue poo poo to his mouth.

Edit: dammit, you fixed your typo! :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Maximal".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

eSporks posted:

This is classic JORP.
So what you are saying is the columbine kids were wrong?
-I never said that.
So you are saying they were right?
-I never said that.
You're saying they knew they were wrong?
-I never said that.
So they didn't know they were wrong?
-I never said that.

What are you saying?
-That they thought they were right by being wrong and setting out to do the wrongest action imaginable in a way that they perceive to be right creates a wrong action that is right. It's like the joker. He burned the money.

Ok, I missed the very beginning of this clip, and didn't know he was talking about loving Columbine of all things.

Jesus loving christ.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Oh my god I hate Seth Rogan and jorp's burnt out brain dribbling verbal diarrhea all over the place makes me feel bad for him. gently caress it they deserve each other lock them in a lead box and toss it in the ocean for eternity.

Seth or Joe?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Right, right, Joe Rogan. Watching him deal with jorps blithering bullshit almost makes me feel bad for him.

But I don't. He brought this on himself.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I was driving to get groceries yesterday and started trying to do a Jorp voice, just to myself, trying it out. Not quite Kermit, but close to it, plus, as a fellow Canadian, even HIS Canadian accent sounds funny to me, and I'm from the east. His accent is THE accent that people outside of Canada assume all Canadians sound like. Holy poo poo, it's annoying.

He over pronounces his long "O" sound, he uses "ah" instead of "a" (like for him, he wouldn't say 'plan', it'd be closer to 'plahn')... add that to his meandering way of putting sentences together, and you've got an impression.

If I get good at it, I'll post it or something, I don't know.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

np19 posted:

Title reminds me of Cold Ice Cream, Hot Kisses by Gavin Belson

For me, it's Dairy Queen.

"Hot Eats, Cool Treats.

We treat you right."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah I think that's what caused him to have his twitter meltdown last night where he confirmed he's a full blown climate change denier.

Oooooh, what? He had a meltdown?

:allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well he's lost his way;
I don't know what he's sayin'
He's saying words, he's takin his time;
but I don't know what

Goodnight Grandma, misunderstanding Corona

Hearing me and Jorpio
Talk on my podcast

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I certainly don't wish him dead, just silent.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

It's catchy: twelve apostles, twelve signs of the zodiac, twelve is a dozen, and it's the largest single-syllable number

People: so you're saying it's a significant number.
Jorp: No.
People: but it's a dozen.
Jorp: Yes.
People: 12 apostles.
Jorp: Yes, absolutely.
People: Zodiac... the fact that it's a dozen....
Jorp: All true.
People: So it's a special number.
Jorp: Absolutely not, no.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Vashro posted:

it's 1999, professor writes Maps of Meaning and dedicates career to obfuscating his meaning and denying meaning to others

Plus, the dude has provided ZERO maps for navigating his labyrinthine speech patterns.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jesus christ it's a TWEET you oily half dead fuckstick.

Edit: what a snipe. I apologize for nothing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ryde posted:

Whats the "rome burning" situation here? COVID? I feel like I missed something.

Covid freedom convoy.

Apparently, if you get mad and racist enough, a virus can just stop being a thing :shrug:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

As Astronaut Shape Rotator gazed upon the far side of the moon, alone, with all of humanity one way and the infinite mystery of the cosmos the other, he wept. For he could not think of the words to describe what he felt. Also, his tears glooped together in his eye sockets because of the weightless. At last, he managed to say: "They should have sent a wordcel. Top kek."

This is gold.

Also, anyone else do today's Wordcel? I got 4/6!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Skrillex?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jesus christ I was kidding.

:wtc:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

You just know he pronounces it "Skruh-LEX". Not that Skrillex's name pronunciation matters. But Jorp would be that guy

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What a completely joyless gently caress.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What the gently caress? He's the furthest thing from NDP. Wow.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/gmbutts/status/1491400941828214789

UPDATE private citizen Butts is going to sue Jorp for defamation. Jorp is finally getting his wish: to be prosecuted for his speech.

I appreciate the hell out of the fact that, in general, we're way less sue-happy here in Canada but my god, I am in full support of this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Legally speaking...

I hope Butts shits on Jorp.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Can someone here who's not Jorp-like (so, any of you) explain what Post-modernism is?

I gotta admit, it sounds like a made up term, design to make the speaker sound smart.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

According to Google:

Google posted:

Postmodernism is a movement that focuses on the reality of the individual, denies statements that claim to be true for all people and is often expressed in a pared-down style in arts, literature and culture. An example of a thought of postmodernism is the idea that not all people would see stealing as negative.

Looks fairly simple to me, though I think the main confusing part is that the name doesn't seem to go with the definition.

Post (after) modern (what is now) = what comes after now.

Post modern definition = you can't assume everyone feels the same about a given issue.

Edit: forgot the third definition...

Jorp's post modernism = an empty word for him to throw around, like a flavourless crouton to add to his word salad.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 16, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

He essentially told the person to go die.

So, please, Jorp, do not bother defending yourself. Just let it legally take you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1494083558113038338?t=fDh-yMLdbHgBDZNAINjUoA&s=19

:wtc:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

He can't, even for one split second, hide or look past his hatred for Trudeau.

In case anyone doesn't know what's going on, a Conservative MP denounced Trudeau over this whole convoy bullshit, and he responded by saying that if conservatives want to stand with those people who wave swastikas or confederate flags (which have been seen quite a bit at these convoy protests), they can do that, but he's going to stand for the rest of Canada. So the MP fires back that she's Jewish and she can't believe he'd accuse her of standing with swastikas.

Meanwhile, I'm over here wondering why she, a Jewish politician, is attacking the guy who called out her party for supporting the protests, rather than attacking whichever of her constituents is siding with the anti-semitic protesters :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I strongly hope hubris takes a front row seat in the whittled Jorp brain and crashes his career into a stupid, post-modernist mountain.