Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i believe that bill belichick, a monomaniac who only cares about football and does nothing but think about football and how to do football better and how to cheat at football etc. will probably want to continue doing football as long as he can because there is literally nothing else he wants to do other than maybe watch some lacrosse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

shyduck posted:

He's finally going to coach the Jets

He'd lead them to the Superbowl, then forfeit.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

he's going to own a small group of subways

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I think he is tanking the season to prop up the accolades for Brady, it would be sweet if it wasn't the two of them.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

shyduck posted:

He's finally going to coach the Jets

He's going to join them, then at his first press conference announce his retirement.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Vando posted:

He's going to join them, then at his first press conference announce his retirement.

Still an immediate improvement over Gase

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
To reunite with his favorite son Jimmy

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Shinji2015 posted:

Still an immediate improvement over Gase

Someone get the fire extinguisher!!!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Today gave us a definite clue. Belichick is morphing into Darth Vader...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E336qd9wZlg

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Belichick's end game will not involve Matt Stafford!

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1355949060671348738

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Iron man dies in end game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This is why I don't want a fat turd like Patricia in the building. The guy burned a lot of bridges with many players, and those players talk across the league and share their experiences.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This is why I don't want a fat turd like Patricia in the building. The guy burned a lot of bridges with many players, and those players talk across the league and share their experiences.

What are some of the highlights for Patricia? I haven’t followed his head coaching career at all

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Belichick’s endgame was thinking that he could lose Brady and put in some average Qb making little money into his system and continue to win 11 games every season until he got the record. Turns out Brady was the only thing holding up the roster.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Belichick’s endgame was thinking that he could lose Brady and put in some average Qb making little money into his system and continue to win 11 games every season until he got the record. Turns out Brady was the only thing holding up the roster.
The thing about that is that he and his system (and the cheating) obviously had a huge part in making Brady the QB that he is today. We shouldn't be surprised that Brady could go on to win some games elsewhere, after that experience. It's one reason I think Belichick deserves the bulk of the credit for New England's success over the past two decades. Could he do it again with another QB? I think so, given enough time, but it might take a few years to find the right QB prospect to do everything he expects, and figure out how to use that person with maximum effectiveness. I wouldn't expect him to give up just because it hasn't worked yet, he clearly loves and lives for the game and it's hard to see him stopping until they literally have to carry his corpse off the field. I guess I could see him narrowing his focus to more interesting (to him) aspects of football, like something special teams related, while winning a lot of games but not necessarily winning it all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He'll be fine once he gives up three firsts and three seconds for Deshaun

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol like Watson would even entertain playing there

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Milf Hunter

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gameko posted:

What are some of the highlights for Patricia? I haven’t followed his head coaching career at all
he yelled at a reporter for slouching once

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Belichick has 8 SB rings OP.

6 has a HC and 2 as a DC

nah
Mar 16, 2009

He’s hoping to finally win a ring that doesn’t involve cheating to clear his conscience and so he won’t roast in hell for eternity

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

nah posted:

He’s hoping to finally win a ring that doesn’t involve cheating to clear his conscience and so he won’t roast in hell for eternity

He got two of those with the Giants didn't he?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

I mean, having Lawrence Taylor in your defense is kinda cheating

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Gatts posted:

I'm of the opposite end where I thought he was carrying Brady.

You were right

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mystic Stylez posted:

I mean, having Lawrence Taylor in your defense is kinda cheating

The Giants playoff run in 1990 is basically a masterclass in defensive coaching. They basically completely redid their normal attacking 3-4 defense each game, using a 4-3 to totally destroy Chicago, a zone-heavy 3-4 against San Francisco in a brutal NFC Championship game, and then infamously using a two-man line and mostly nickel in the Super Bowl to intentionally let the Bills run the ball so they could stop the passing game.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Belichick's real problem is that he's not nearly as good of a GM as he is a head coach.

If you look at the 2018-2020 run they managed to have a bunch of bad drafts and botched FA and trade moves, and never had the cap space to even attempt any quick fixes to anything.

Brady bailed in part because Belichick had engineered a situation where the Pats probably couldn't pay Brady anything near market value, and if they did they definitely wouldn't have any money to give Brady any receivers worth a poo poo.

This all played out in 2020, where even with Newton playing on the cheap there were still no wide receivers or tight ends on the team. Newton was gimpy but he was also clearly throwing to trash garbage across the field.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

He'll be fine once he gives up three firsts and three seconds for Deshaun

Why would Watson want so desperately to get away from Patriots South just to go to the actual Patriots?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why would Watson want so desperately to get away from Patriots South just to go to the actual Patriots?

He probably doesn't, but to be fair the copycat Patriots are always drastically stupider than the actual team under Belichick. Usually way more assholish/cultish by all accounts too.

It's like 99% of Belichick's hangers-on see him be an abrasive dick, and think that's the entire secret to his success ...instead of a character defect he gets away with because he's been good at the other parts of his job for a long time and has a track record people respect.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I feel like BB is an rear end in a top hat in the way that you and your friends will make fun of each other for fun and also be really serious and call each other out on your poo poo. It also helps that he got all the rings and wins which makes anything he says way more credible then some rear end in a top hat rapist with a useless pencil on his ear.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Every game he has ever won on any level of football was a result of cheating

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

nah posted:

Every game he has ever won on any level of football was a result of cheating

nah

:v:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good lord. If this is true and the Lions turned down a straight up Stafford for #8 + a 3rd... just loving wow

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

He probably doesn't, but to be fair the copycat Patriots are always drastically stupider than the actual team under Belichick. Usually way more assholish/cultish by all accounts too.

It's like 99% of Belichick's hangers-on see him be an abrasive dick, and think that's the entire secret to his success ...instead of a character defect he gets away with because he's been good at the other parts of his job for a long time and has a track record people respect.

The exact same thing happened with Steve Jobs. Companies explored the possibility that they just needed to be assholes to their employees as the key to success like Apple had.

Nov 6, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

I feel like BB is an rear end in a top hat in the way that you and your friends will make fun of each other for fun and also be really serious and call each other out on your poo poo. It also helps that he got all the rings and wins which makes anything he says way more credible then some rear end in a top hat rapist with a useless pencil on his ear.

Amendola, like five minutes ago...

quote:

When you see ‘Patriot Way’ in the dictionary, it’s gonna have Tom Brady’s name next to it,” Amendola said. “None of those coaches threw any passes. None of those coaches caught any passes. None of those coaches made any tackles. They got guys in the right position because they watch a lot of film and spend all their time at the facility. But Tom Brady is the Patriot Way, and that’s the reason why Tom Brady’s in the Super Bowl right now and the Patriots aren’t.

[on playing for Belichick...]

"It's not easy, that's for sure. He's an a**hole sometimes. There were a lot of things I didn't like about playing for him, but I must say, the things I didn't like were all in regards to getting the team better, and I respected him."

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Still true btw

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I think he is tanking the season to prop up the accolades for Brady, it would be sweet if it wasn't the two of them.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Honestly as a Belichick hater I think it was actually an impressive coaching feat that he got that dog rear end roster to 7 wins.

Of course, he may have had a small hand in the construction of said dog rear end roster.

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

I think the Amendola quote is telling. If you're a hard rear end about the things that matter and make a difference in winning people will begrudgingly respect that and listen.

But the Patricia's of the world just become assholes about every possible aspect of running a team big or small and no matter how irrelevant.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's hilarious that the Patriots were out of the running for Stafford all because of Patricia

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stafford can't deal with the pressure of playing for a franchise with a winning tradition :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's hilarious that the Patriots were out of the running for Stafford all because of Patricia

It’s more than that. How team mate Danny Amendola spent 3 years making GBS threads on Bill to anyone who would listen.