Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I know nothing about dog breeds. Like I understand the concept and I can recognise four or five, but other than that I don't know what any of their names are. I'll be in a conversation and someone will go "oh he's a northern jack peregrine spaniel cross", and everyone nods knowingly. It's like living in a world where everyone just knows all about fencing and what all the sword moves are called.

mods please ban anyone who tries to explain the answer to my post or anyone else's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeinin
May 7, 2003

How B-Real can just kill a man.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

who cares what breed they are, if they're not a shar pei then they aren't worth thinking about!!!

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Solefald posted:

who cares what breed they are, if they're not a shar pei then they aren't worth thinking about!!!

You've just said you care what breed they are, you fucker!!!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Similar to OP and dogs, I cant recognise cars and it seems everyone else can. Once I reported a crime to the police and when they asked me what model the car was I could only say something like 'small, black hatchback'

Also clouds. What, you're telling me it gets hot, the water goes up into the sky, hangs out a bit then falls down again cmon man

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
to go along with cloud person, I don’t understand how rain isn’t crazy dirty if you’re living in a city and all the water is polluted. shouldn’t everyone be getting sick from rain?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
How to make coffee

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

- water
- fire
- air
- dirt
- fuckin magnets

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Les Os posted:

to go along with cloud person, I don’t understand how rain isn’t crazy dirty if you’re living in a city and all the water is polluted. shouldn’t everyone be getting sick from rain?

Most pollutants are heavier than water vapour, vapor goes up, crap remains on the ground. There is however some stuff that could pollute rain

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Krazyface posted:

I know nothing about dog breeds. Like I understand the concept and I can recognise four or five, but other than that I don't know what any of their names are. I'll be in a conversation and someone will go "oh he's a northern jack peregrine spaniel cross", and everyone nods knowingly. It's like living in a world where everyone just knows all about fencing and what all the sword moves are called.

mods please ban anyone who tries to explain the answer to my post or anyone else's

Absolutely the same and it's so frustrating because people always refer to their dog by its breed. Just say "my dog". IE: "My dog is a jack russel" or "My dog is a German shephard pitbull mix". It's so much less confusing.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

electricity (everything about it)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

why can't we all just get along? it's been like thousands of years since the golden rule was thought up and we still can't loving stop fighting each other over everything

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Skyscrapers and other large structures. Like, I understand there's math that checks out but when I think about how much weight a skyscraper is supporting and how tall some of them get my brain shorts out.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Still trying to figure out where my phone and keys go every morning OP. I just put them there, where the gently caress could they have gone?!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

women

basic fitness

these may be connected

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Krazyface posted:

What about cat breeds?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I don't understand them either, but most people just describe cats by their colour so it's easy to get away with that

Also: chords

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Why do people get mad when I do my business in their gardens? It's good for the plants.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

el dingo posted:

Similar to OP and dogs, I cant recognise cars and it seems everyone else can. Once I reported a crime to the police and when they asked me what model the car was I could only say something like 'small, black hatchback'

Also clouds. What, you're telling me it gets hot, the water goes up into the sky, hangs out a bit then falls down again cmon man

All modern cars looks the same. Like, 50 years ago, I can see how you could see the difference, but now they all look almost identical. I'm with you on this one, I couldn't tell a Volvo from a Ford if I was asked to identify a car.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I have the same problem with cars. It probably doesn't help that I've never given a poo poo about them. If everyone walked around with different types of animal I'd probably be able to learn and remember which belonged to who.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Zeinin posted:

How B-Real can just kill a man.

Lmao

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I don't understand the stock market and all that poo poo. Oh the Dow Jones is at 25000 but it lost 2000 points! That's bad! Or good?! How does number go up?

Financial stuff beyond mortgages and interest rates just go right over my head.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I don't understand the stock market and all that poo poo. Oh the Dow Jones is at 25000 but it lost 2000 points! That's bad! Or good?! How does number go up?

Its all made up nonsense to justify keeping people poor, it's not meant to be comprehended.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Ralph Crammed In posted:

This was mine too. I feel like I fundamentally don't understand the economy or financial system, even though I'm ostensibly invested through a 401k and I just hate it. Like how can so many people be out of work but the stock market is doing fine? Aren't those things connected somehow?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Full communism now so this stock market bullshit goes away.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
recognizing every make and model of car and why anyone would care. or sports statistics

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

between these 2 videos youre basically covered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcJXA8IqYl8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Any math more involved than addition, subtraction or multiplication. Some time around four or five someone tried long division on me, and my brain literally refused it, and any further math information. However, I can identify pretty much any mix of dog by sight, which seems to be a rare attainment.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

conversely, how toilets work without needing electricity.

i could google this mystery and solve it in like 15 seconds but I'm NOT GONNA DO IT

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
How to identify baseball pitches. Fastballs are fine, but sliders, changeups, breaking balls? No loving clue.

How computer games could be played on cassette tape.

Elderbean posted:

Its all made up nonsense to justify keeping people poor, it's not meant to be comprehended.

I'm assuming health insurance & unemployment benefit policies are the same way.

el dingo posted:

Aside from Beetles and maybe Escalades, I don't think post-'00s cars are even meant to be identifiable without label-reading.

'80s, '90s, and '00s cars had character, drat it! :corsair:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

i could google this mystery and solve it in like 15 seconds but I'm NOT GONNA DO IT

if you're using your toilet without plugging it in you're gonna get build-up, dude

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
when a bank takes your 10 dollars, keeps 1 dollar in the vault and lends out the other 90 dollars to other people

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

how do radio waves just go through walls
how do they do that
light can't do that
how do they do that

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I don't get how people can fall for MLM scams, like come on folks you ain't getting in the ground floor.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Tom Gorman posted:

That reminds me, looms. Anyone else seen how does things look? It's insane.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
women and general bureaucracy.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
sex

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

This thread.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

el dingo posted:

Unless I've owned it, or my family did, I'm the same.

Also, how tf am I supposed to change a tire? I know I should know. Everyone should.

But I don't.

I also don't understand how anyone can remember stats for sports players. I'm not into sports, and I've tried to relate that to stuff I'm into, but I wouldn't even be able to memorize that stuff, either.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A Strange Aeon posted:

This was mine too. I feel like I fundamentally don't understand the economy or financial system, even though I'm ostensibly invested through a 401k and I just hate it. Like how can so many people be out of work but the stock market is doing fine? Aren't those things connected somehow?

Yes, lower payroll costs make the investors happy so the stock markets are doing great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Mozi posted:

when a bank takes your 10 dollars, keeps 1 dollar in the vault and lends out the other 90 dollars to other people

Have you seen the Nevermind cover art with the little baby swimming towards the dollar. Thats the only rule.