Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Things have finally settled a bit IRL so In!

Spicy Sherlock Holmes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Spicy Sherlock here is on the case. I just need a dr. Watson. How about you Sexy Nurse? Let us hunt scum soon

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, I haven't been lunched D1 in ages, it sounds kinda fun actually

Hey now I vigged you D1 just like a month or two ago :p

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Lollipop lollipop, oh lolly Lolly lolly

Can’t wait for candy this evening, in the meantime though I extend a hand of sandship to Sandwolf.

PMush on the other hand gets a ##vote PMush for Among us shenanigans over the intercom, tsk tsk tsk

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Truly a sandtastic way to start the game.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

100grand, skor and Heath. Top 3 no doubts.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Steak, why do you betray the union of sand? Join us in our shore of town unity and hunt the scum. Or is the true scum... within?

And it’s “sandidarity”, thank you v much :colbert:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

gently caress am I too late for a rolling start

You’re just in time.... for your scummy demise! Muhahahahahaha

*flicks light switch on and off rapidly *

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sherlock doesn’t read, he dissects the papers with deductions. Come Nurse Watson! The sandwolf of the Baskervilles waits for no one, and we have scum to find.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Idle Amalgam posted:

The sexiest set of teeth you've ever seen chatters onto the scene.

I want candy.

##vote scientist

A set of teeth asking for sugar? Major sus. Not quite Pmush or steak.... but I have my magnifying glass on you.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

It’s always serious time here in quasi Victorian England. Fear not, for Dr. RF and I will find the scum who has absconded with the candy jewels.

Steaks posting chaotic as per usual, but I’ve been wrong about them four games in a row, so obviously I will concede to my betters for their steak-Dar. But not quite yet.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well jokephase twilight was fun, but...

##vote Steak

Bifs posting so far is perfectly in line with how they act when they are town, and I dont see them as super frustrated so much as locking onto a possible target and not letting up, which she tends to do if she feels theres a lead.

Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

Im a tad sus that DGK is bussing Sandwolf, but that may just be a red herring. What say you to this Nurse?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

do you have anything not meta to say?

This early Day 1 in a currently pure vanilla game when the only posts of major note for nearly 2 pages was seemingly a less performative gambit than usual?

Not really.

There are many post interactions flying around for us all to break down soon, sure, and I alluded to one of the more suspicious ones, but I think some early pressure is in order.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

oh and im flattered that you think my rhetoric is structured.

<3

Elementary, my dear extinct reptile.

but yes, I do think there's a general pattern to your madness on a meta level, and somethings just pinging about the interactions with bif today.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

And he’s gone for the safer vote, which is to bring the two level, instead of making a clear shout to push Bif as vote leader. That’s quite nebulous, but it’s exactly what I would expect scum to do if Bif and Steak are (as I lean towards) both town...

It *is* the safe vote. and also the right one.

How on earth are you reading them as a town slapfight?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I think Bif’s reaction to steak is fine, she seems perfectly normal to me, and I don’t understand why people think she’s overreacting or being performative. I feel like Bif and I have quite a similar play style, and she’s reacting in a way I think is townie.

Steak is playing exactly as he always does on D1, and while I personally find his approach somewhat annoying, I have to begrudgingly admit that I have come to respect it a little bit more having played a few games with him. Aggression is a good way to start, this is very much the Steak town game.

I think the people who are scum are the ones cheerleading the fight from the sidelines, hoping to get one of these players executed.

But steak isnt playing the same. You've played several with him, and I know you have a fairly good scumdar and a solid ability to read players.
Aggressive is his MO yes, but its usually more sporadic? This is significantly more focused and surgical.

In fact this reminds me of Steaks fight with Humalog in Food Crimes.

I could buy you feeling they are acting townish, but this most definitely is not their normal D1 post style as Town and I'm not sure why you're pretending it is?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

currentscum reads are: Steak Sci and sorta-kinda DGK

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

DGK I could buy being just a very misguided townie actually, that small Sandwolf kerfuffle is giving me some early-detection buildup-to-merkfight vibes

not familiar enough with merks play to understand the reference

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

Well, because I have been on the receiving end of a Steak D1 inquisition as and reacted exactly as Bif is doing, and I’ve seen Steak, as town, do exactly what he is doing now. I don’t think there’s an alignment call to be made on either, but I think there’s a vested interest for scum to push the dichotomy, which is exactly what you did.

I’ve seen this happen in multiple recent games, and the arguments have always been between two townies with gleeful scum rubbing their hands together on the sidelines. I’ve been scum and promoted and pushed those fights and made them worse, and I’ve been scum and artificially inflated the arguments and voted to keep them going. Again, exactly as you did.

see, heres the thing.

When I was scum in Horus, I made your *exact* argument based on the bif/Hambeet fight. I believe you and Amni immediately pounced on me for it, and you were right.

I said they seemed to be both town having a town fight, and scum was watching and egging on.

And I think you're trying to get away with something similar.

it wasn't omgus that led to my suspicion of you right now, its just the similarity of scum me and presumably your current scum play.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

i hope sng is town cuz that would (apparently) make this our 5th game in a row where he was wrong about my alignment. and that would be really funny

Ive trusted you too much :p

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I’m pretty sure this is town Sci, thankfully

I dunno, maybe it is, but Im wary of sci jumping to steaks defense when usually they treat them Null D1 until theres more interaction.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

none of this changes the fact I currently still find steak more of a target rn, because if sci is scum then they are definitely trying to protect a scumbro,

and if sci is town, well then they are just wrong and I *still* think steak is scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

and lol steak if Im wrong 5 times in a row from now on I'll only vote you when Im positive you're the most angelic of towns.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

lets all take the "dont use meta reasoning" challenge

"lets all decide to disregard one of the few tools in a toolbelt that can be used to judge my posting"
-A Dinosaur waggling its eyebrows

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m watching for steak reactions and they aren’t jumping at me the way I thought they would as scum.
Hmmmm. Still not convinced tho.

DGK is pinging me, I thought it was an initial Sand bus but Sand just not playing along well enough for me to see him as being complicit.

Steak/DGK and Sci, maybe AA but I’m not quite sure. No clue of their meta, but I’m getting some scummy vibes from their recent reactions to light pressure with that small vote.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

I am good voting for Obama on the grounds of "That's a lot of posts" is alike an 80% accurate scum tell.

I’m skeptical of that being accurate since it’s so arbitrary but that’s exactly how you caught me before as scum, so maybe I should just listen to it I dunno. But Obama is acting similar to their last town game

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

... I mean...

Well.

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? I’m still hard pressing the steak angle but I can’t argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

Though it sucks, and I’d rather lunch steak first before he gets a candy bar and kills us all, because a survivor can Technically help town it wouldn’t be my first choice...

3p is a solid lunch. Sorry bif

##vote bif

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I am not scum this game sand.

I’m detective NavyGuy, and I will seduce the best deal for town.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

New day, same reads, a 3p lunch doesn’t really help or hinder anything from the votes or the way it’s played out, except maybe some suspicion on early votes on bif pre-3p announcement.

Including, oh look, ##vote steak

Reasons the same as before D1 Lunch.

Also willing atm to switch to Sci or DGK, same as D1

PMush isn’t ringing alarm bells like they did post MorteM in the last game we played in hindsight, And is reading null to me. I’m not liking the three vote immediate combo post D2 opening

Sandwolf seems to be asking a lot of questions to multiple people, seems close to his town play.

AA is null-ish. I’ll reread.

Obama is a bit sus, just a gut feeling though

RF is kinda lurkingish? I dunno. I think my Watson might be rogue

STG seems null/town to me

I don’t see DB acting scummy the way y’all apparently do, null/town seemingly to me.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I cant believe We're letting Steak continue to live.

anyway, Pmush seems to be on a bit of a tear, but im not seeing it as scum, just frustrated town.

and I have yet to see a good case on DB.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I agree with Sandwolf that these DB votes are Sus, and am willing to switch to a DGK vote.

However, I think Steak got lucky before, and should still be the vote. stay strong PMush, Im like 80/20 on him, steak, being scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sci, you’ve given detailed breakdowns on everyone else, I’m feeling left out :v:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

how will the tie be broken? :allears:

By lunching you and sci. And DGK for good measure

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah I think PMush is a more solid lunch than DB today.

Not sure what SNGs case on sci is other than the same spurious D1 meta crap

##vote PMush

My case *is* spurious D1 meta crap. but unlike steak usually sci is more surgical and well... verbose with their arguments, which I find odd here. Though He did just say he's distracted so that could explain it.

crap or no, Its enough to make me suspicious, about 2 levels below steak, and a level above DGK.

As for STG, they are definitely lurking, but as newbie scum I tended to want to be an active player, so I'm biased to think they are hesitant town.

I think a Pmush or a DB lunch is a mistake.

Pmush because they dont seem that scummy to me,

DB because the cases are crappier than mine on Sci.

Vote Steak for a better tomorrow. or DGK.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hey you know what you call staying locked on a likely target that everyone suddenly decides is no longer viable because of someone randomly diming themselves out as 3p? Tunneling apparently.

Anyway, Youre wrong sci, start hunting down another path, or youll lead town to a mislunch.

Im sorry Im zeroed in on your scumbro.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

actually, for someone so sure I'm scum, you certainly don't want to vote me apparently.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

Well yes, because I am more confident that someone else is scum. I know you read my case against PMush, why are you acting like you didn’t?

I did, I just think that you’re wrong on all three counts.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

It’s tunnelling because you have no case, you’ve just decided you can get Steak executed.

Please lay it out for me, because if you really think Steak is scum, you should be trying to persuade other people of your point of view: I am agog to hear what you have to say, because at the moment it just looks like “he posted weird on D1, but not weird like normal, weird like something else, and that something else is scummy”, which is very much not a persuasive case.

I made my case, you just don’t like it. Fair enough, but I do.

And I have tried persuading, but no one apparently wishes to discuss it now and have moved on. Which is why I posted those “lacking content thin posts”, you know, so that people can see my position on them? Which for the most part is meh? I already have my three solid guesses. You and steak are two of them, then DGK behind that.

Until we get some night action bingo I feel we are spinning our wheels as if it were a quasi day 1, and then we can all bring up new takes.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

To clarify, Cena, all the candy for both Town and scum comes from the same random pool, correct? as in, say, Town could get ninja and Scum could get cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So we have several posters seriously avoiding putting a vote down on PMush or just pretending it’s not happening including DB who decides to come in near the end and vote for SNG who was -7 ffs. RF then starts spouting a load of rubbish about PMush’s fake claim that makes little to no sense and feels almost like a badly thought out scum play to try and frame steak yet again.

SNG pushed back so hard yesterday against a PMush lunch that I can’t actually see it as a scum buddy defence as no scum in their right mind would stick their neck out so much when PMush was getting so much heat.

I think my initial suspicions of DB were correct though I’d happily vote RF at this point too

##vote DB

No yeah, I just completely misread PMush, to their credit however, she operated very different from her 3p scummy game in Among us so I was fooled.