Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Every year I say "oh this game shows the writers know we're all done with this Brady character" but goddamn I can already tell they're juicing the drama for a few more go arounds and Im hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
the nfl is scripted

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Barudak posted:

Every year I say "oh this game shows the writers know we're all done with this Brady character" but goddamn I can already tell they're juicing the drama for a few more go arounds and Im hooked.

Naw, they're writing him off the show

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No way, I think they get one maaaaybe 2 more seasons out of him. The just signed his actor to a two year contract and that could be a fakeout but I gotta think somebody of his caliber isn't gonna be given the early push.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The National Football League is scripted

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The poop storyline was new and hilarious, I’ll give them that!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

you cannot watch mcsorely get the ravens down the field into a 4th and 5, get 'hurt' and have jackson running out of the locker room (where he had cramps [note to self: are cramps even real?]) only to throw a 45 yard td pass, and tell me that the nfl isn't scripted

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I take it back, this script owns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/1340761957020954625

this part of the script ain't bad, i'll admit

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Im so loving tired of the brady script.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Pats out of the playoffs a nice update to the script

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Gotta say, the Ryan Fitzmagic Holiday Special is always a crowd pleaser.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

really queer Christmas posted:

Im so loving tired of the brady script.

At least it's a different team this time.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Panthers currently 0-8 in one-score games that came down to the final minutes or play. Script needs work, IMO.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Cleveland Browns are going to have at worst a tie for their best record since coming back to the league, yet still miss playoffs, even in a year where extra teams are able to get in, specifically because vital players caught the plague and were ruled out hours before a game against a winless-a-week-ago team (that lost out on the QB it wanted, will not retain half the team or the HC a month from now, and had nothing to play for but pride)

Chris James 2 posted:

The National Football League is scripted

And boy does the script despise Ohio

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Chris James 2 posted:

The Cleveland Browns are going to have at worst a tie for their best record since coming back to the league, yet still miss playoffs, even in a year where extra teams are able to get in, specifically because vital players caught the plague and were ruled out hours before a game against a winless-a-week-ago team (that lost out on the QB it wanted, will not retain half the team or the HC a month from now, and had nothing to play for but pride)

I thought the NFL copying South Park’s Kenny was a bit too obvious (they even wear the same color) but drat if it isn’t still hilarious

E: to be clear the Browns are hilarious, not South Park

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I am here once again to say the national football league is scripted

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
perhaps the DB should not have grabbed the jersey of the WR

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I think that if the packers didn't want penalties to be called on their actions they should not have committed fouls. That seems like a good way to operate, to me.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Aaron Fraudgers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
This script is tired, overused, and complete poo poo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yeah

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The NFL is the reality where conspiracy theories are true and Tom Brady is behind them all.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

I am here once again to say the national football league is scripted

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If I was Aaron Rodgers I'd demand better writers.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The NFL is scripted

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it's 2021 can we get a new thread

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Different year, same lovely script

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

King Hong Kong posted:

The NFL is the reality where conspiracy theories are true and Tom Brady is behind them all.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

chamois posted:

it's 2021 can we get a new thread

When we get a new script

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

really queer Christmas posted:

When we get a new script

When the last pre-2005 QB retires

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
You're right, the nfl is scripted. I know because I wrote the script. I'm a writer for the NFL.

He's the plot synopsis I wrote down in my notes: covid keeps threatening to derail the season but teams play anyway because covid is a myth created to distract you from the top secret alien invasion. Bucs win the super bowl because they assembled the best guys to win football games, they didn't assemble the best guys to be nice 'cause nice guys finish last. Oh, and the military is America. You don't support our troops, get the gently caress out the country.

That was all storyboarded in before I got here. Hey, I did make the Browns good, what more do you want. My buddy Steve tried to get the Chargers to win games but that got shut down in preproduction, sorry not my call.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Magicpants posted:

You're right, the nfl is scripted. I know because I wrote the script. I'm a writer for the NFL.

He's the plot synopsis I wrote down in my notes: covid keeps threatening to derail the season but teams play anyway because covid is a myth created to distract you from the top secret alien invasion. Bucs win the super bowl because they assembled the best guys to win football games, they didn't assemble the best guys to be nice 'cause nice guys finish last. Oh, and the military is America. You don't support our troops, get the gently caress out the country.

That was all storyboarded in before I got here. Hey, I did make the Browns good, what more do you want. My buddy Steve tried to get the Chargers to win games but that got shut down in preproduction, sorry not my call.

You guys are lazy as poo poo. All of the hilarious options out there and you went with Washington Football Team? Cmon son.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

predicto posted:

You guys are lazy as poo poo. All of the hilarious options out there and you went with Washington Football Team? Cmon son.

They denied us a 6-10 Giants team winning the NFC East and for that, the script writers deserve the most painful of deaths. :colbert:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

NFL is scripted but too bad none of you can read :coal:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
You have no culture. Washington Football Team was the thing I was most proud of this season. Besides that though, the NFC East was not scripted (couldn't be bothered). That was really them sucking all year.

I do regret the Packers script, though. We kinda wrote ourselves into a corner. Tom Brady had to win in the end. And we didn't have the budget for overtime. So that's how you end up with kicking a field goal.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

whoever is writing the script for the nfl wrote one for the bears 30 years ago and no one ever bothered to update it

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

whoever is writing the script for the nfl wrote one for the bears 30 years ago and no one ever bothered to update it

It brings in massive ratings, dont fix what ain't broke

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Magicpants posted:

You have no culture. Washington Football Team was the thing I was most proud of this season. Besides that though, the NFC East was not scripted (couldn't be bothered). That was really them sucking all year.

I do regret the Packers script, though. We kinda wrote ourselves into a corner. Tom Brady had to win in the end. And we didn't have the budget for overtime. So that's how you end up with kicking a field goal.

Well, isn't it time for Dan Snyder to die in a freak gasoline fight accident cliffhanger episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i like what they're doing with the lions script, seems like it's going in a fun direction finally.