Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I know it's not like a multiple choice test like your high school biology class but there's a part of me that would :lol: if players figure out how to fool the concussion protocols & get back on the field before they're truly ready.

They do for some versions of the baseline tests. They ask you little logic questions and you're supposed to answer as fast as you can when you're healthy before the season or whatever. Then they run that back after a big hit and see if it takes you a lot longer to answer. Lots of guys intentionally fudge the hell out of their baselines.

Or did at least, I don't know if the testing method has changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

japtor posted:

Off the top of my head I think that was the year Nnamdi broke out with like ~8 picks and was playing out of his mind, Derrick Burgess was getting double digit sacks, and "Morrison and Howard" were a thing. It was a defense with flashes here and there, but not remotely enough to overcome the offense. Other than those two wins.

I don't really remember this but I wonder how this team compared to the '92 Seahawks where Cortez Kennedy won DPotY on a 2 win team with the worst offense in the league.

Just glancing at PFR those Hawks scored less than 7 points in 7 different games that year. Apparently one more game than the '06 Raiders managed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

So the Bills or Football Team are signing them?

Heh.

Could see the Chiefs kicking the tires on both guys, my nostalgia would love Dontari but he's the more expensive and more dead one.

e: Are we just assuming both make it through waivers? I guess that might not be the case.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 28, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You can't understand this and they're pretty bad now, but you would regret the hell out of this trade.

e: in this theoretical new division if Herbert is what he appears to be so far (still a big if of course) that would end up as one of the better quarterback divisions ever I'd think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bellmaker posted:

Nah there will be brief moments of competence to make the chokejob more hilarious!

Yeah the Falcons specialty most of this season is looking like they should be a good team before inexplicably becoming the dumbest team in the world.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Didn’t the Steelers have some lovely 90s teams?

The Steelers were pretty much dogshit until the 70's.

That appears to be 1968 (which I figured out by looking for a winning Cardinals record speaking of dogshit histories), so it tracks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If Antonio Brown stays unsuspended and sane the Bucs run away with this argument I'd think?

Those are very big ifs though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We went over this yesterday but I can't get over #20 coming in defense in the longer clip.

https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1323042952113987584

He does no damage, but by god he's going to jump on to the Bears guy and hold on for dear life.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In case any of you guys saw that tweet about Tyreek Hill and Randy Moss yesterday and immediately went 'no loving way that's true' it turns out that it in fact was not true.

https://twitter.com/KSeaboldt/status/1323326316695924736

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

Someone posted a gif several weeks ago of Taysom at QB where he had a man wide open down the middle for a big gain but he opted to run instead and I've hated him ever since

I don't think they even pretend that they want Taysom to look at more than one read on any given play before taking off. That or he's an idiot. Or both.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

hmmmm randy moss...good?

Ha, I caught this before you read the rest of things. But yeah, Tyreek is really fast and good at football. But he's got a hell of a lot of work to do to even get in the same goddamned universe as Randy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did Randy beat up any of his family members?

There's a whole 'at football' in my post that deals with this question!

Although I guess Randy did bump that traffic cop and take her for a short ride with his SUV. And take plays off with the mid aughts Raiders. Those are basically the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'll say again this was one of his better throws on the night, creative and almost catchable.

Ignore that the receiver was standing with both feet out of bounds when he attempted the pass, it didn't really matter one way or another.