Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

Beautiful animals, friends.

Sweetleaf:

Danger:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

Little curled up paws do me in, every time. So friggin' cute!

Also, I hope those fleas stay gone this time, PR. I'll try to find and digitize pictures of pets past, ala the OP.

Ass-penny

Sid Vicious posted:

She's getting some she was all alone that's why I took her home :3

Good man, Sid. Please give Ginny scritches from me.

E: :synpa:

Ass-penny

I don't think you ever really get past it. It gets easier, but yeah I've fur friends that have been gone more than a decade, and if I examine those memories too closely I still weep. There's nothing wrong with that. Just know you gave them the best life they could have.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

I don't have many pictures of Kiku-san, a beautiful tortie who held all carbon-based lifeforms in contempt.

During her last days (terminal illness), a mouse managed to get into my apartment and she caught it! Her triumphant roars were muffled a bit during her victory parade but she was so happy. :3:

:kimchi:

Ass-penny

Extremely good dogs, cats, birds, scorpions, spiders, and ants friends! I made vague suggestions earlier of finding pictures of pets past and had some success.

The second cat I ever had, and barely tolerated by the rest of my family, Chance. It is not super in focus but he loved to burrow in blankets. The reason for the strife between him and my family is he was a homeless cat when he was a kitten before being picked up by the shelter, and he never lost his love of being outside and hunting prey, even when he was provided food at home. He weighed like 9 pounds and a neighbor watched him fight a woodchuck once. My mom wouldn't let him sleep inside, save for the coldest couple of days of the year, because he loved giving people rude awakenings. One day he just didn't come home, never found out what happened to him. I still think about him.

Also found this picture of my first dog, Reggie. I'm thinking this photo is from the mid to late 90s. Super sweet dog, when I was real young I would take naps on the floor with him, using his thigh as a pillow. Mom says he'd wait and wait for me to wake up, and never moved away before I did.

The following few pictures require just a lil explanation. In high school I went dumpsterdiving with some friends and behind a Walgreens we found a box packed to the top with photographs. Some of them are obviously test strips, some were turning color like the chemistry was bad or didn't get enough fix. Some are evidently photos people refused to pay for (there's a lot of out of focus stuff) but there was some interesting ones too. When I found the above photos that I took I also found these ones I of someone else's cats. I don't know their names or stories but I thought I'd share them.

Friends! :glomp:

Bonus Sweetleaf:

Ass-penny

Good kittens.

My roommate snapped this one on Thanksgiving:

Ass-penny

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm really glad I have my cats.

:same:

Beautiful cats on this page as always!

Ass-penny

Wash that tum, op.

Ass-penny

Tell your cat I love them.

Ass-penny

Over the last seven days a growth has formed on Sweetleaf's throat, and is about the size of a golf ball now. My roommate had her in today and it's looking like some variety of cancer. I'm sad, not looking forward to when I feel sadder. Hug your furry friends, friends.

Ass-penny

We don't know yet, if it keeps growing like it has been probably not long. She's having some trouble eating kibble or treats, we had some luck with a canned food. I'm worried about her breathing. It's hard to watch, you all know.

Ass-penny

I just snapped this picture because I think it's cute how she has her feet together. It was well timed too, since I started typing this post she sneezed and woke herself up.

Ass-penny

Ruby and PR's nameless doggo are both beautiful. It sounds like my folks got a new dog too, I'm looking forward to meeting him, he sounds like a handful.

Ass-penny

Tell Bosco I love him.

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

He loved sinks. Also, one of his nicknames is Purr-Face the Magnificent, as you can tell from the (crappy) audio. (also, too, my sig pairs well with this post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYJhwKhHec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYuVXV7z7pU

Omg what a babe. I'm glad they had a good person like you in their corner. About 20 years ago I had a cat who was very about hanging out in bathroom sinks. It is always a great picture.

RickRogers posted:

"Yeah I peed on your clothes; what you going to do?"

Shameless, blameless, beautiful. Strong cat energy.

cruft posted:

She's became very comfortable here. Engaging her in play was awkward, I had to basically force her onto her back and then jam my hand in her mouth. But she got the message pretty quickly and it made a huge difference.

Now she's regularly spazzing out like this, exposing her belly. That means she no longer fears we'll eviscerate her, which is good.

I'm glad she's trusting, what a great lookin dog. Give her some love for me.

Ass-penny

Dogs always gently caress up the conversions between dog years and human years.

Danger is a super anxious cat who used to be very picky about being touched, but she's getting a lot calmer and even starting to enjoy snuggles some. Here she is earlier today on my lap.

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

My word, look at all these beautiful pets!

Ass-penny

Extremely beautiful cattes here! And a swell looking guinea pig and bearded dragon (maybe?)!

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

so the other night it was warm and raining so i cracked a window to get that nice rainsound and rainsmell. and kira was curious so i moved stuff on the windowsill and put her up there to check it out

which may have been a mistake, because the next day...

Are they climbing or falling? Either way I suppose is extremely cat like.

Teddy your corgi and cat are both prescious!

Danger is a nervous ball of energy but she paused pause on my lap without pushing her hooksocks into me long enough to get this image

Ass-penny

A beautiful goose and catte butte.

Ass-penny

Lmao those were cute doggos.

Ass-penny

Hbd rokit

Ass-penny

prepuce repurposed posted:

bianca, Cheryl, miranda, wesley, batrick, jenjamin, poot, David, Vanessa, boob and slick Steve

GAG alt account spotted.

Ass-penny

Bosco ain't got no clothes no mo

Handsome dogge.

Ass-penny

Wanna give a shout out to Goose and Ruby and the piggies and any other beautiful animals I may have missed.

Good catte.

Ass-penny

Post the nips imo

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Wow, thread was pretty solid with the small mammals, then took a screeching high speed turn into cool birb territory like it just ain't no thang.

Not bad, thread.

:cheerdoge:

Ass-penny

Scoops looking comfy!

Good piggie RR!

GATOS Y VATOS please give those cats love from me.

Actually everyone should probably give their animals love from me.

Ass-penny

Danger is a sleepy baby.

Ass-penny

The picture does not betray her tendency to swat at people when they touch her. She wants the love but she's anxious af, and has actually been a lot better with people the last year or two.

Ass-penny

:kiss:

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Ruby likes being held, and this is her favorite way to be held. 🤷

:iia:

Please continue holding Ruby forever, tia.

Ass-penny

neighbor's albino California king snake. I don't recall its name :shrug:

Good looking snake imo

Ass-penny

Hey all just pretend I'm emptyquoting every post ITT because all of your dogs/cats/snakes/parrots/octopi are dope as hell and I love them ok bye

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

Sadness alert:
My housemate's remaining small & elderly dog, who is a sweet soft girl, developed peripheral vestibular disease over the weekend. She is not a happy small dog at all, but isn't in any pain. Just confused and scared at the world tilting and spinning all the time. Given that she is elderly and has other issues that are worsening, it might be That Time. If it hasn't started clearing by this evening, then there will be the "taken in for an exam" on Tuesday and probably "well, you can try to keep her comfortable but yes, this is the start of decline". If that is the case, then I do hope I have a chance to pet her soft little ears one last time. :(
We are old hands at this, my housemate and I. But it never gets easier.

:sympathy: oh drat, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending positive vibes to you, your housemate, and the soft dog.

Ass-penny

xcheopis I'm so sorry again to hear that. My heart goes out to your household.

Happy birthday to Rubarina!

Pleiadian Light Kacie looks great! Your photos always have a real psychedelic aesthetic. Are you taking pictures on your phone and just running filters or is there more manipulation going on here I am just not parsing? Especially in this one, the narrow depth of field for the focus is working wonders. The lawn and tree and road look like an impressionist painting.

Ass-penny

Pleiadian Light posted:

Whoa, that was a helluva compliment. Thank you.

That was a cell phone photo, edited in Lightroom on the phone. My big camera gets occasional play, but needs some maintenance. My process is all over the place but favors Lightroom and lately an AI editor called Luminar. I love blending resources together.

I did a little reading on those programs, I hadn't heard of either of them. I am just now realising I haven't done much in the way of digital image manipulation since college, so probably 2009 or so. I feel like I should get some kind of software like this but my laptop is not a very powerful machine.

Ass-penny

City of Glompton posted:

hello byob i have my own house now so that means i can have pets again! yay!

here are my banty babies which you may have already seen in the chat thread. this is from a couple days ago, their wing feathers are so much bigger now

Heidi the cat - she came to the shelter as a stray about 2.5 weeks ago, and we have had her for 1.5 weeks. she was very shy at first but now she is comfortable and she loves to be pet. she also knows her dinner schedule now. it is fun watching her blossom from a timid girl into a house cat

Excellent chicks and cat! I'm glad Heidi is settling in. I hope she doesn't get any predatory ideas about the chickies either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

City of Glompton posted:

thank you, we are lucky to have her, she is a pretty sweetie :love:

more chick pix, here is Lil' Pep looking spectacularly frizzle today:

congratulations on your dinosaurs (and cattes)