Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ManiacClown posted:

Hey, Rupert? Did you ever get this caught up?

Not yet, but still happening! Very soon! (and yes, I mean it).

Edit: I actually feel really bad about this horrendous delay, it's very much all my fault, but I will get it out to you all, as well as archived on my site :ohdear:

And next year, as I mentioned previously, I'm going to hopefully not be selling a house and in the midst of a musical project (actually that part was awesome and fulfilling), so I'll be ordering the tracks as we go along and not all at the end.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Need a hand with anything?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JossiRossi posted:

Need a hand with anything?

No, it really is just me being super drained by the end of each day. Back when I worked a non-govt job, I used to be able to do all of this stuff DURING work, but now, it's always afterwards. Plus, with two kids, I am just absolutely exhausted and rarely feel like heading downstairs to do what is essentially file management at this point.

However, today is much different, and I'll actually be firing it up soon and getting it all done tonight. I somehow still have the energy/patience.

Edit: I appreciate the offer, btw!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BAM.

DONE.

HERE (for now, until I officially put it on the site).

Two things I've learned:

A) Why the hell didn't I just use Reaper to batch convert these files? I use Reaper for EVERYTHING, and on a whim, I thought to myself 'Huh... I wonder if there's a batch file converter'. Spoiler: There is, and it's spectacular.

2) I think I might actually throw down the $20 for a neat app called Meta which not only allowed me to easily and without issue add album art to these flac files, but it also took all of the file renaming I had done, allowed me to demonstrate a naming pattern, and from there, it (CORRECTLY!!!) auto-tagged every track with the proper artist, album, track number, etc. Now, granted, the filenames are still huge, but you throw these files into anything that can play flac files, and it'll all be formatted quite nicely.

gently caress iTunes, gently caress Clementine (:argh: you caused me SO much trouble!), and gently caress leaving this all to the end to do.

Anyway, :siren: IT IS FINISHED :siren: And no, I don't specifically know when it'll go up on my site, but it will. For now, enjoy this. Make a torrent of it all, I don't care. Go hog wild, you beautiful goons, and I am once again asking for your forgiveness for it having taken just so unbelievably long.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Asking forgiveness for delivering such a wonderful treat, that Rupert Buttermilk sure is a swell guy :toot:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

BAM.

DONE.

HERE (for now, until I officially put it on the site).

Two things I've learned:

A) Why the hell didn't I just use Reaper to batch convert these files? I use Reaper for EVERYTHING, and on a whim, I thought to myself 'Huh... I wonder if there's a batch file converter'. Spoiler: There is, and it's spectacular.

2) I think I might actually throw down the $20 for a neat app called Meta which not only allowed me to easily and without issue add album art to these flac files, but it also took all of the file renaming I had done, allowed me to demonstrate a naming pattern, and from there, it (CORRECTLY!!!) auto-tagged every track with the proper artist, album, track number, etc. Now, granted, the filenames are still huge, but you throw these files into anything that can play flac files, and it'll all be formatted quite nicely.

gently caress iTunes, gently caress Clementine (:argh: you caused me SO much trouble!), and gently caress leaving this all to the end to do.

Anyway, :siren: IT IS FINISHED :siren: And no, I don't specifically know when it'll go up on my site, but it will. For now, enjoy this. Make a torrent of it all, I don't care. Go hog wild, you beautiful goons, and I am once again asking for your forgiveness for it having taken just so unbelievably long.

Merry Christmas, Rupert.

Shitter's full. :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Merry Christmas, Rupert.

Shitter's full. :)

Now that you have the album, can I get you anything else? Egg nog? Some chocolate? Drive you out to the middle of the forest, leave you for dead?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a Christmas miracle!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
A wonderful valentine

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Scudworth posted:

A wonderful valentine

Yes, that's what I was aiming for this whoooole time!

Also, not that I'm going to go back to change it at this point but does FLAC work for everyone? I assume as goons, you're all probably using something that plays FLAC with no problem unlike iTunes or something equally lovely. And I know it's lossless, and the vast majority of you sent me mp3 files to begin with but at least this way, the quality of your track, as you delivered it to me, will be forever preserved. :haw:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 13, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yes, that's what I was aiming for this whoooole time!

Also, not that I'm going to go back to change it at this point but does FLAC work for everyone? I assume as goons, you're all probably using something that plays FLAC with no problem unlike iTunes or something equally lovely. And I know it's lossless, and the vast majority of you sent me mp3 files to begin with but at least this way, the quality of your track, as you delivered it to me, will be forever preserved. :haw:

Sure. Also, you've made me want to check out Meta as I've tried to organize my collection with other tools and I still have random album art and things like that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Sure. Also, you've made me want to check out Meta as I've tried to organize my collection with other tools and I still have random album art and things like that.

Oh, it's so good. The demo is feature unlimited for 3 days, which was perfect for this. I just couldn't believe that it had a function to try and tag based on a file naming pattern, which worked out perfectly; that was the one thing Clementine did properly, but then royally hosed everything else up (with my help, of course, but I mean... c'mon now).

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Thanks Rupert!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

Thanks Rupert!

You're very welcome! I hope this glorious album reaches you all well, and may you force it on unwilling relatives and friends for years to come.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yeah Rupert

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Hell yeah Rupert

:shobon::respek::shobon:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Hooray! I actually have an idea for this year's album title:

Merry Christmas! Album's Full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

Hooray! I actually have an idea for this year's album title:

Merry Christmas! Album's Full.

"Ah; yes.

Honey, have you checked our album?"