Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
In that case it's easier to fire the Bulgarian.

Trust me, I'm British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It sounds true, but also Miro has a big grudge with "the dirt sheets" and tends to lie.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

It sounds true, but also Miro has a big grudge with "the dirt sheets" and tends to lie.

I took it more like someone ratted us out to the management AND to the dirt sheets “so I knew it was over as once Shave Seltzer talks about it that will make Vince even more furious.” He did mention management as well. As far as believing that they talked about a unified stand about covid and other shite, someone ratted them out and then getting fired? That does not sound like Vincent Kennedy McMahon or his cronies in the slightest and this whole Lana going through tables every week? Coincidence. #someonepleasestandupforwwe
I'm with you on taking it with some salt... just not a whole bunch as ...wwe

Who was the rat? i'm betting Rollins or Braun. Ricochet? Ali? Still betting on Braun or Rollins.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 7, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm guessing Braun

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Miro has a terminal case of WWE Brain so I take anything he says with a shaker of salt

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I kinda checked out on Miro in AEW as soon as he started calling himself 'The Best Man' and had to explain it over and over

I don't know why I dislike the nickname as much as I do and it's weird I know

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If they keep doing what they did this week and just have him come out and beef it up, I'm fully onboard with Miro.

Edit: gently caress, this isn't the AEW thread!

So apparently Smackdown is going to be up going up against President-Elect Joe Biden holding a press conference, which means Fox is likely to air that instead of the show, and FS1 has a scheduled Nascar race so Smackdown might just get pre-empted entirely or end up on FS2.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

I kinda checked out on Miro in AEW as soon as he started calling himself 'The Best Man' and had to explain it over and over

i do not enjoy that whole gimmick with him kip and penelope but man he can GO

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
miro just wants to try something different than what he was for, like, his entire career up to now

maybe eventually it'll turn out that it's the wrong thing for him and he'll go back to something like he used to do, but I don't hold it against him for trying poo poo

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Let him BBQ naked.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

If they keep doing what they did this week and just have him come out and beef it up, I'm fully onboard with Miro.

Edit: gently caress, this isn't the AEW thread!

So apparently Smackdown is going to be up going up against President-Elect Joe Biden holding a press conference, which means Fox is likely to air that instead of the show, and FS1 has a scheduled Nascar race so Smackdown might just get pre-empted entirely or end up on FS2.

Smackdown losing to aew on a technically would be kinda funny. I'd chuckle

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

God remember when Raw was good? :allears: Jesus that unprotected to the head chair shot. :stonk:

If only Texas had been able to get it poo poo together it would have just been an unaltered Stone Cold. :smith:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Foley as Biden made me chuckle when he got dragged into the pin

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

i do not enjoy that whole gimmick with him kip and penelope but man he can GO

I think I'll like him way more when he does his own thing that doesn't make him feel like a random hanger-on to someone I already didn't really follow

I want all three of them to succeed just not together as a group

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

flatluigi posted:

miro just wants to try something different than what he was for, like, his entire career up to now

maybe eventually it'll turn out that it's the wrong thing for him and he'll go back to something like he used to do, but I don't hold it against him for trying poo poo
Yeah, 100% this. Wrestlers should be allowed to try stuff, they're people, not a product.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah, 100% this. Wrestlers should be allowed to try stuff, they're people, not a product.

This isn't the AEW thread sir, we don't appreciate that sort of sentiment around here.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

Jiro posted:

This isn't the AEW thread sir, we don't appreciate that sort of sentiment around here.

OOOOOOOH JIRO WITH THE SUPER SLAM OF A CALLOUT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DogsInSpace! posted:

I took it more like someone ratted us out to the management AND to the dirt sheets “so I knew it was over as once Shave Seltzer talks about it that will make Vince even more furious.” He did mention management as well. As far as believing that they talked about a unified stand about covid and other shite, someone ratted them out and then getting fired? That does not sound like Vincent Kennedy McMahon or his cronies in the slightest and this whole Lana going through tables every week? Coincidence. #someonepleasestandupforwwe
I'm with you on taking it with some salt... just not a whole bunch as ...wwe

Who was the rat? i'm betting Rollins or Braun. Ricochet? Ali? Still betting on Braun or Rollins.

I don't think Rollins since he doesn't seem like he's a COVID truther. Wouldn't shock me if it was a guy like Drake who is a talent liason/stooge and regularly hangs out with COVID truthers in the NXT prayer group.

I also see no reason to doubt Miro. We had reports of wrestlers being upset about the way WWE was dealing with COVID and worried about their safety. We had reports of employees being forced to go to work despite fearing for their safety. The company is now under investigation for it! It's a company that values stooges above all (look how they deify the Undertaker.) Meltzer also reported some of the people being fired were considered problem cases or complainers.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I absolutely believe he should try whatever he wants with his character

I don't like one of the nicknames he tried and that's alright, I'm sure many people do

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

Meltzer also reported some of the people being fired were considered problem cases or complainers.
I'm always kinda surprised there wasn't more about this. There was never word that Miro finished his negotiations that were supposedly on going. Cardona claimed he hadn't either when they canned him, and the Good Brothers might have been a revenge firing. Tay implied she'd been complaining.

The narrative was instantly that all these people were fired for cost cutting reasons and it buried any discussion otherwise. And we all know the reason given is completely false.

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't like one of the nicknames he tried and that's alright, I'm sure many people do
Yeah I'm sorry if I painted decrying the gimmick in a needlessly negative light.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Slapjack

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Anthony Greene got rebranded.

His name is August Grey now.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
You think T-BAR ever goes up to Seamus and Cesaro and just yells, "I DON'T JUST RAISE THE BAR, I ARE T-BAR!!!" before walking away cackling madly to himself?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ICR posted:

Anthony Greene got rebranded.

His name is August Grey now.

The singer from Circa Survive?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown Results 11/6:
  • Detailed results here
  • Bayley did a backstage promo about how Sasha can never hold onto a title once won.
  • Sasha Banks (C) defeated Bayley to retain her Smackdown Women's Championship. The match was good but ended a little abruptly. Carmella attacked Sasha Banks post-match. Carmella.
  • Jey Uso took exception to a joke Kevin Owens made backstage in catering.
  • The Undertaker will make an appearance at Survivor Series for "a final farewell".
  • Jey Uso explained why he suddenly submitted to Roman last week. "I did what I had to do," was what he said. Then Heyman came and took him away.
  • Baron Corbin jumped Rey Mysterio backstage after he sent Dominik to find Aalyah.
  • Roman Reigns told off Jey Uso for not following "the chain of command" and insisted he teach Kevin Owens a lesson, then warned Paul Heyman he is supposed to handle "everything" so Roman doesn't have to.
  • Baron Corbin beat Rey Mysterio to qualify for the Smackdown Men's Team at Survivor Series. Seth Rollins attacked Dominik at ringside to distract Rey, and Aalyah came out with Buddy Murphy which further distracted Rey.
  • Ruby Riott submitted Zelina Vega to win a triple threat match with Nattie Neidhart, and earned a spot on the Smackdown Women's Survivor Series team. Nattie was incensed because she released the sharpshooter just before Zelina tapped.
  • BIG E told The Street Profits his advice for their Survivor Series match with The New Day was to lay down. They all laughed. Billie Kay then brought "Mr. Profits" her resume in case they wanted insider-info, and they reminded her they were all on Raw and were drafted to Smackdown at the same time.
  • Seth Rollins defeated Otis to qualify for the Smackdown Men's Survivor Series team, following Buddy Murphy distracting Otis. The Mysterios were watching backstage, and everybody was confused by this segment.
  • Seth thanked Buddy backstage, Aalyah yelled at Buddy, Buddy told Aalyah to trust him.
  • Michael Cole played an interview he had with literal white supremacist and sexpest Lars Sullivan, and Lars told stories about bullying people and making them eat bugs.
  • Jey Uso beat Kevin Owens in a singles match, headbutting Owens on the dick after Owens was distracted by Roman Reigns' music suddenly playing.
  • Jey left with Heyman, joining Roman Reigns at the top of the entrance ramp to close the show.
  • GDT Thread here

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 7, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rollins and Mysterio had a match built around poking someone's eye out and they're still feuding 5 months later

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also: five (5) matches on a three-hour show and three of them had a distraction finish

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

Rollins and Mysterio had a match built around poking someone's eye out and they're still feuding 5 months later

Rey has two eyes duh

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Benne posted:

Also: five (5) matches on a three-hour show and three of them had a distraction finish

That patented Prichard magic

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Not saying that Miro is lying, but wasn't it KO that brought up how bad the conditions were and then they changed things?

That was later like KFG said but I also think it was just him showing up and saying “yea my wife’s grandfather just died from Covid and I’m not comfortable with what you’re doing here.”

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Orange Carlisle posted:

The idea he has for it is kind of a Mr. Perfect thing, "The Best" at everything but he hasn't managed to convey that very well yet because it's only had a focus on video games and in-ring and one small segment where he was weightlifting

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results 11/6:
    Nattie was incensed because she released the sharpshooter just before Zelina tapped.

Why?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey look, it's the question nobody asked (or dared to) during the booking meeting.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Guessing she's a babyface and therefore dumb as rocks?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Benne posted:

We asked for long term booking and the monkey paw attempts a shrug before curling a finger.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

Excuse me, it was based on pulling someone's eye out. :colbert:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Guessing she's a babyface and therefore dumb as rocks?

She's a heel and thought she had won.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results 11/6:
  • Detailed results here
  • Bayley did a backstage promo about how Sasha can never hold onto a title once won.
  • Sasha Banks (C) defeated Bayley to retain her Smackdown Women's Championship. The match was good but ended a little abruptly. Carmella attacked Sasha Banks post-match. Carmella.
  • Jey Uso took exception to a joke Kevin Owens made backstage in catering.
  • The Undertaker will make an appearance at Survivor Series for "a final farewell".
  • Jey Uso explained why he suddenly submitted to Roman last week. "I did what I had to do," was what he said. Then Heyman came and took him away.
  • Baron Corbin jumped Rey Mysterio backstage after he sent Dominik to find Aalyah.
  • Roman Reigns told off Jey Uso for not following "the chain of command" and insisted he teach Kevin Owens a lesson, then warned Paul Heyman he is supposed to handle "everything" so Roman doesn't have to.
  • Baron Corbin beat Rey Mysterio to qualify for the Smackdown Men's Team at Survivor Series. Seth Rollins attacked Dominik at ringside to distract Rey, and Aalyah came out with Buddy Murphy which further distracted Rey.
  • Ruby Riott submitted Zelina Vega to win a triple threat match with Nattie Neidhart, and earned a spot on the Smackdown Women's Survivor Series team. Nattie was incensed because she released the sharpshooter just before Zelina tapped.
  • BIG E told The Street Profits his advice for their Survivor Series match with The New Day was to lay down. They all laughed. Billie Kay then brought "Mr. Profits" her resume in case they wanted insider-info, and they reminded her they were all on Raw and were drafted to Smackdown at the same time.
  • Seth Rollins defeated Otis to qualify for the Smackdown Men's Survivor Series team, following Buddy Murphy distracting Otis. The Mysterios were watching backstage, and everybody was confused by this segment.
  • Seth thanked Buddy backstage, Aalyah yelled at Buddy, Buddy told Aalyah to trust him.
  • Michael Cole played an interview he had with literal white supremacist and sexpest Lars Sullivan, and Lars told stories about bullying people and making them eat bugs.
  • Jey Uso beat Kevin Owens in a singles match, headbutting Owens on the dick after Owens was distracted by Roman Reigns' music suddenly playing.
  • Jey left with Heyman, joining Roman Reigns at the top of the entrance ramp to close the show.
  • GDT Thread here

There's so much baffling stuff here, but does it yet make sense why they're making eternal twin tag wrestler a major singles guy? Jey couldn't be beaten by Roman and just beat two former world champions.

Also baffling that the eternal Baron push continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Put every singles title on Baron Corbin. Incredible heel. His wrestling skill is irrelevant.