Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

Um, the election is today, not Monday night.

I guess people could be watching the news instead of subjecting themselves to the mental torture that is RAW.

But then again the news is probably not going to be that much better on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

God, it would have been so easy, SO easy to not gently caress this up.

Just... put the Retribution merch on Bigcartel or One Hour Tees. Put their theme on Bandcamp. Get the Retribution accounts to promote it. Everyone would know it was really WWE but it would *feel* more like it wasn't.

I'm suddenly reminded of that one Kevin Nash story where WCW wanted to start selling NWO merch and Nash had to remind them that they were supposed to be invading outsiders, so they ended up selling that stuff in the parking lot out of the back of a van.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

what the gently caress

It's canon.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Heathcliff > Garfield

:hmmyes:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can't fool me J-Ru, you just copypasted last week's results and hoped that nobody would notice, didn't you?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And then people unironically are surprised that WWE is unable to make new stars.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Nov 14, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I still like the WWE PPVs. People take all this too seriously.

Is it the part where WWE routinely screws over its talent in order to pinch pennies, up to and including jeopardizing their health and safety during a pandemic, or the part where WWE runs propaganda for genocidaires or just the part where WWE is putting out an objectively dogshit product that we're taking too seriously?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What does your heart tell you

That you're trying to defend the indefensible.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm saying it as Yang's basic income plan was absolute dogshit because it basically would also have abolished the entire social safety net.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kvantum posted:

Why wouldn't a UBI replace or at least incorporate most of the social safety net? Welfare, SNAP, even social security. I'd figure we just roll those all into it and adjust the UBI accordingly based on overall income, age, etc.

That wasn't what Yang was proposing, tho. Yang's plan was to give everybody a thousand bucks and if that's not enough then gently caress you.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Still can't get over that these dinguses think that going "well if someone more talented did this bit you'd like it" is some kind of epic verbal riposte.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Underbreaker, a mortician who likes to breakdance.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Don't blindfold matches have about a 95% probability of being garbage even under the best of circumstances anyway? And I can't exactly say that I'm filled with confidence that these guys are the ones that'll pull off the exception to the rule.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
That Smackdown just sounds like the most nothing of nothing shows.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This whole show just sounds really loving stupid.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Extremely polite violent marauders showing respect for the guy who's contributed massively to the success of the organization they're allegedly trying to destroy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

I just wanted to say thanks for this because Sheamus' channel is gold. From the little I've seen since I discovered it, the entire channel seems like it's just Sheamus getting his rear end kicked by other wrestler's workouts forever and ever

Extremely relatable.