Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol sorry voice to text, should have been they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I mean if I were the Michigan state legislature, I would think very hard about openly flipping off the democratic process in a way that won't even affect the outcome of the election in a meaningful way, but has the potential to result in massive civil disobedience or at the least turn public opinion agai- oh wait these are the guys who are responsible for the water supply in Flint, nvm.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
lol welp

https://twitter.com/adam_brew/status/1328882544348180483

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This cunning plot ended on a weak wet fart even by Trumpian standards.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This cunning plot ended on a weak wet fart even by Trumpian standards.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1328884874959269891

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
"Michigan". No, fuckhole, two republican scumfucks in one county. Eat poo poo, Donnie.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Man, I figured that people would dig up all their online poo poo and they'd fix their stupid by tomorrow.

Didn't even take that long.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

not caring here posted:

Man, I figured that people would dig up all their online poo poo and they'd fix their stupid by tomorrow.

Didn't even take that long.

They had a deadline of literally the end of tonight, so there was no tomorrow on this thing. It would've been kicked to the Staties where the same thing could happen again, then it would get kicked to the courts.

https://twitter.com/michpoligal/status/1328886853123051522

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I bet they were hoping for other states to 'rise up' and do the same thing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I assume legal counsel explained that failure to certify meant they were admitting they were incompetent to add numbers together and that they'd all 4 be exposed to personal criminal liability for grossly mismanaging their office

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The last 3 months of this administration are going to be basically indistinguishable from a Larry David sitcom, aren't they.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Don Dongington posted:

The last 3 months of this administration are going to be basically indistinguishable from a Larry David sitcom, aren't they.

Way too much credit. Gulianni just got done going Three Stooges in front of a federal judge.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

bird food bathtub posted:

Way too much credit. Gulianni just got done going Three Stooges in front of a federal judge.

Yeah, about that:

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/1328860098677121026?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is the kind of comedy gold the court was looking for when it granted his pro hac vice.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
That's really mean to do to Charlie, though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Remember that law firm that Guiliani was involved with pre-Trump? Makes you wonder if they knew where this was going...

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

CommieGIR posted:

Remember that law firm that Guiliani was involved with pre-Trump? Makes you wonder if they knew where this was going...

How the hell did that guy take down the mob

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

Especially since, and I say this again

CHARLIE WON THAT loving CASE, IT WAS CLASSIC BIRD LAW YOU loving SHITBIRDS

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Absolutely amazing.

Leavemywife posted:

Don't worry, he can't read.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

Absolutely amazing.

Don't worry, he can't read.

This one is good too

https://twitter.com/_AlexGookin/status/1328893248409047042?s=19

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

TCD posted:

How the hell did that guy take down the mob

Someone said it here a while back, he's the guy that put together the press events after everyone else did the work. He's risen to prominence by being on the periphery of other people. He didn't take down the mob, he was in the room with the microphones after the actual lawyers did the work. He didn't do jack poo poo during 9/11 except be on the stage when reporters were asking questions. It isn't even failing upwards. It's almost more impressive.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

Someone said it here a while back, he's the guy that put together the press events after everyone else did the work. He's risen to prominence by being on the periphery of other people. He didn't take down the mob, he was in the room with the microphones after the actual lawyers did the work. He didn't do jack poo poo during 9/11 except be on the stage when reporters were asking questions. It isn't even failing upwards. It's almost more impressive.

Excuse me, he walked across a bridge. <:mad:>

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Have you ever been in an argument with someone, you realized you were wrong, but you’ve gone too far and would look like an even bigger idiot if you admitted you were wrong?

I feel like trump has lived his entire life like that, except he’s been rich so it’s always worked out for him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He has never realized he was wrong, no

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1329549873516048387?s=20

Very normal, very cool thing to be spouting on air

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
They are having the 'what the gently caress do you mean we lost' moment that a lot of people had in the last election, only they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more vocal about it because of 4 years of so much winning

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Did she have a stroke?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1329508799288381441?s=20

Really wanna know the 2% of Biden voters who don't think he is legitimate?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1329508799288381441?s=20

Really wanna know the 2% of Biden voters who don't think he is legitimate?

I read it as idiots thinking they are clever telling the poster they voted for Biden but then saying he didn't win legitimately when they voted for Trump.

Also idiots.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

The petulant tantrum of our winningest President losing sorely is truly a sight to behold.

"Nice country you have there, would be an awful shame if anything...happened to it." Like the world's most incompetent, mob adjacent, bullshitter facing reality for the first time at, what, 76?

Burn down Democracy if this idiot can get the GOP twitter account tweeting along to his treason earnestly. Obviously we need to rebuild on the ashes of the Founder's legacy. And abolish a 2 party system.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Georgia certified.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Midjack posted:

Georgia certified.

Not yet! They sent out the wrong press release. It will be done in the next 2.5 hours though.

Edit: https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1329873517832265738?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 20, 2020

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Imagine how dumb it would be if a place like NY were a critical swing state. They’re at like 60-70% first count total. lmao, learn to count NY.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Imagine how dumb it would be if a place like NY were a critical swing state. They’re at like 60-70% first count total. lmao, learn to count NY.

If it mattered they’d have it fixed up by now. Everyone knows how they’re going so they can afford to dawdle.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

mlmp08 posted:

Now that I think about it, that would be kind of weird if you lived there and cared about more than just the Federal House/Senate/Presidential results from the state. Don't they have state-wide amendments or legislative districts or something whose results are a bit closer? Or is everyone living in NY just used to not knowing these results until sometime December?

I checked the map to see if any other states had unusually low % counts, and the closest I found was Main at 92%, although the map I'm looking at from ABC has NY at 84% instead of 60-70%.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Popehat has a nice podcast that's pretty good, and the most recent one covers the election lawsuits:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/lrc-presents-all-the-presidents-lawyers/id1392078927?i=1000499297221

If you're not using iTunes for podcasts just search for "All the President's Lawyers" in the app of your choice (Spotify has podcasts too now)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Not yet! They sent out the wrong press release. It will be done in the next 2.5 hours though.

Edit: https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1329873517832265738?s=19

All right now they did it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ATPL is a weekly must-listen.

Also, "Biden wins Georgia" is going to be the new Infrastructure Week. I believe he's won Georgia four times, likely about to be a fifth after another recount.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Michigan certified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
When is Georgia supposed to certify?