Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

OzFactor posted:

Does the current season catalyst boost work on previous season exotic catalysts quests? I played zero pvp for a real long time and then yesterday while getting my rear end handed to me in Iron Banner the Ticuu quest got to the second step.

Also if I have no chance of actually winning or really being able to help a team because I’m really bad, should I be playing regular IB or freelance?

No, but a hipfire followed by a full draw will kill from the explosion so that one isn't so bad. Or wait for MoCo to come back.

I find I do markedly better in IB than regular crucible, presumably because people like us are playing. Don't worry about winning or contributing, everyone is just grinding bounties / they'd have a full stack or be playing trials if they wanted to be serious. Winning in a pub match is just a tossup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Mazerunner posted:

nah even if it breaks up the teams it'll very often match you up again

Neh, that's just a matter of who's on near you. Not enough other good connections to generate a brand new match.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

RocketRaygun posted:

Before you poo poo on the toaster too hard, remember that all of the money made from it is going to charity. This isn't bungie rubbing their hands together for greed and profit (for once).

10% of profits, not all.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Courtesy of Reddit, 81 cents a unit.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Some event got hacked / leaked people's info.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I don't care for nolanghost much but the drifter impression was pretty funny.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I feel like all the character models being potentially covered in reflective surfaces would be an issue, unless you just didn't rt shaders.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

"And how come guardians don't dance anymore?"

But honestly for the thousand dances in this game I can't remember the last time I've seen a D1 style dance party. People don't even dance while capturing points.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

Hoo boy. Witherhoard actually requires me to kill things with it in PVP to get its catalyst, huh. When I go into Crucible for weekly pinnacles I get like, 2 kills a match.

Witherhord has the advantage of being stupidly good* in crucible. Blast a couple orbs where people are standing and get free kills. Death is just more special ammo.

*Super annoying to the unexpectant. Probably not good in tryhard crucible.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

I kind of get the mindset that these villains have been built up forever and to just take them out in a solo-able seasonal mission is a little lame, but on the other hand, there are so many loving villains in Destiny that to ask for “proper closure” on them all is to basically ask for a new raid every week.

Xol was a major letdown I tell you what. So was Warmind as a whole, so, eh.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

10rec and gently caress the rest unless you're trying to tryhard trials or maybe top level pve.

E: actually 40 or 50 mob for any crucible excursions. It won't make you good but you'll be less of a sitting duck.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Astrochicken posted:

Quria schmuria.I guess its possible that Sava's planned all this for some secret purpose but i'm starting to fear that all these plot threads are leading to GoT S8.

Given that we know the series started with a bunch of Important Words but no story im certain they're just winging it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

I mean it's been 7 years, surely someone could have come up with a story Bible in that time

Could have, but I'm not inclined to believe anyone has bothered to, personally.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Gotta lol a bit at saying "play PvP if you want harder gameplay" in the same breath as "PvE content keeps kicking my rear end", though I'm not unsympathetic to your points.

100% agreement on immunity phases.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Kesper North posted:

If your brain isn't broken in my particular way it makes no sense, I understand, it's okay and I get that PVE is as or more difficult or complex as currently implemented. I just have zero desire to engage with its complexity due to...

Basically the heart of it is what I said at the end of my last post: A thrall is a thrall. A Captain is a Captain. They have a limited set of moves; neither of them make use of vertical space in their movements at all. Players can fly. That's an entire dimension that, in PVE, only the player gets to benefit from. A player (can be) far more than either, and is inherently less predictable. Confusing a player involves a different set of skills from confusing an AI, and I guess that skillset is inherently more interesting to me. The horsey on the chess board only knows how to move in an L-shape. Humans move in a wider possibility space and PVE scenarios inevitably feel static after a certain point to me.

I've been playing on Distant Shore since launch and I'm not bored with it because what the people do in the space always manages to surprise me, day after day.

I'll say this: I like the PVE content Bungie is putting out now much more than what I've seen from them in years past. I just finally made myself go run Expunge and that was pretty fun, but I still can't see myself doing it more than a couple times. (I did it solo with breach and clear.)

No, I totally get where you're coming from, its just a humorous juxtaposition. I can't say I care for destiny pvp myself, but I've 100% been in that position with other games.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

PERMACAV 50 posted:

(also I'm extremely bad at judging when the bomb is actually over an enemy as opposed to way in front of or past it)

Deathbringer melts, but this is a serious issue.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Momentum Control is up, get them easy guardian kills.

How's the minor trace rifle nerf for those of us trying to catalyze some guns?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

If you transmogrify the free armor will it still glow?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I too wish such, but "lmao, get hosed addict" is a time tested business model.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I want old-timey Homestar as the gambit announcer so he can tell me to get those motes to the day-po.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

As a controller PC player I can definitely feel disadvantaged when it comes to the ability to turn around in pvp, and that's about it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

We're definitely getting seasonal BD rewards cut going forward.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

"Juggling motes? You should be banking them. That's how you summon a Primeval."

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Champions are free if you have the mod / dps races if you don't. There's nothing difficult about them, they're just an annoyance. I'm not fan of calling things good/bad game design, but having having simple yes/no checks being how content is made "harder" is bad game design.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 21, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Well yeah it's easier. And they probably spend more.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

What if they just got rid of champion mods altogether? Unstoppables are always unstoppable, barriers need heavy dps or they heal, overload... do whatever overload does? Spice things up in combat instead of cutting down on mod slots.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Sestze posted:

ogres that can burn you down nearly instantly with eyebeams and can one-shot you with a ground-slam attack that aren't able to be stopped by a goddamn thing. captains that will never stand still, teleport, shoot constantly with shrapnel cannons that can one-shot you in high end content. barrier servitors that maintain immunity because we can't stun them at all.

hard pass.

For barriers I figure you'd be able to hurt their shields, it'd just take sustained focused fire. Make champions a thing you need to prioritize as a fireteam, rather than "hey guy with the mod shoot it so it stops mattering".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

D1Y1 was a mess, but it had a nice mechanical progression. The campaign taught you to shoot things, stand on plates, and (briefly) hold a melee weapon. The raid was all about shooting things, standing on plates, and using the artifact, with just a couple wrinkles to spice things up.