Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Lol Florida is about to get sawed in half

Not really, this is a little bitch storm even compared to Irma. A low category 1 that just squeaked into hurricane category by sucking up all of that globally warmed Gulf of Mexico water. Still going to be a pain in the rear end for Tampa Bay and Nature Coast residents. Anyone else riding this thing out? Hoping there's no flooding. I'm worried for my mom who literally broke her hand yesterday and can't do any house preparations whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Eta is boring now it's on track to shoot over Florida riding the cold front. The Eta im interested in is the drunk as gently caress Eta spinning donuts in the gulf after a wild and wet weekend in central america.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Did the Airplane! people name this hurricane? What is Eta's ETA?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
God is punishing them for voting Trump

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Who What Now posted:

Yeah there's a reason it hit Cuba on the way to Florida

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Sourdough Sam posted:

Eta's ETA is tomorrow morning. Also I don't know what the gently caress is up with the name, global warming must have taken all the good ones this year lol

Who What Now posted:

Hey! A lot of us tried... :(

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I live in the second floor gently caress you ground dwellers

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Sjs00 posted:

I live in the second floor gently caress you ground dwellers

Do you own a car?

Sorry, forgot you're in Florida. Do you hold the keys to a car that the bank owns?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Do you own a car?

Yes but its worth less than the dogshit next to it some water won't hurt

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Who What Now posted:

The counties it’s headed directly towards are both Blue.

As a resident of that coastal county.... its barely even raining lol. I went out back and flipped the trampoline over but that’s all the preparation I bothered with.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’m not digging the tornado watch. Our electricity is good, and we’re too poor to own a house affected by storm surge.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

extra row of teeth posted:

Eta's ETA is tomorrow morning. Also I don't know what the gently caress is up with the name, global warming must have taken all the good ones this year lol

Hey! A lot of us tried... :(

Once we run out of the year's pre-approved list of names, they switch to greek letters. Theta is out in the central atlantic and Iota will be forming in the Caribbean in the next few days.

This is the most named storms in a single season since we started naming storms.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Also it's November. And it's a hurricane. Not a tropical storm, but a hurricane

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Just got neutered back into a tropical storm, womp womp

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I was hoping to get off work tomorrow :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What is the eta for Eta?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

I was hoping to get off work tomorrow :(

In retrospect, convincing my customer to have me work for him tomorrow in Tampa may have been a mistake. I need the money, so whatever.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

killed probably a couple hundred people in central america before coming up to do this weird loop

hope my power stays on all night

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
i was tempted to make a thread about this called Hurricane ETA DICK FLORIDA earlier but over 100 people died earlier from it and also :effort:

I live in the tampa bay and so far its just been wind and rain; its supposed to ramp up around midnight though

there were at least two tornado watches so far but thankfully none near where I live

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Two tornado watches in Sarasota so far, and a storm surge warning. Needs to move on already.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

i was tempted to make a thread about this called Hurricane ETA DICK FLORIDA earlier but over 100 people died earlier from it and also :effort:

I live in the tampa bay and so far its just been wind and rain; its supposed to ramp up around midnight though

there were at least two tornado watches so far but thankfully none near where I live

I'm shocked our power hasn't go out yet. Even tempted fate by shaving head and beard after my shower. Last decent storm everyone behind us had power and we didn't, now it's the other way around. Just five or so houses, too.

Meanwhile there's a duck floating down the road.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

50s girl groupon posted:

Two tornado watches in Sarasota so far, and a storm surge warning. Needs to move on already.

Oh those weren't watches, those were actual warnings. One was a waterspout off of St. Armands and Siesta key, at least as indicated by radar.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I loving love hurricane threads.

Jose, do you still have pictures from your trip that one year where some dumbass designed the stupidest hotel patio ever?

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Isn't it really super duper late in the year for anything approaching a hurricane?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

KakerMix posted:

Oh those weren't watches, those were actual warnings. One was a waterspout off of St. Armands and Siesta key, at least as indicated by radar.

Get your daquiries to-go folks.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Spoke too soon. I'm watching transformer's pop all down the next road over.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

gently caress yo hurricanes

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

KakerMix posted:

that’s what I meant but my brain is fried tonight (every night). looks like there’s a lot of flooding happening downtown :ohdear:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

deadeyez posted:

Isn't it really super duper late in the year for anything approaching a hurricane?

A few more years and a few more degrees and we’ll have permanent tropical weather. I won’t have to worry about putting in that sprinkler system.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm very near where its supposed to make landfall (about 20 minutes south), but I already had irma roll over my house with no major issues, so eta can keep loving off north to like suwanee or wherever.

Besides I already checked "piss into the eyewall of a hurricane" off my bucketlist.

Edit: nvm, its projected landfall has shifted about another 20 minutes north of me. Pansy rear end baby storm.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 12, 2020

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sourdough Sam posted:

ASAP

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Reporting from Tampa. It's raining and a bit breezy :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

lol the moment I posted that the rain started whipping against the windows. I just hope I don't lose power