Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
if you steal someone else's waverider, you both get an achievement :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a way to deal with Mikage furnace? I want to explore the area but all the electricity(?) is burning through my health so quickly.

Not really as far as I remember, aside from carrying an electrogranum. You get a quest chain which (eventually) turns the balethunder off, I'd honestly just give the area a miss just now until you have completed the Tatara Tales quests which are admittedly kind of a pain themselves.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a way to deal with Mikage furnace? I want to explore the area but all the electricity(?) is burning through my health so quickly.

There is a whole multi-day timegated questline on that island based around turning it off so you can finally explore properly.
Best to start it early!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Catching up on Kazuha's story quest and I appreciated how when he said "I'll use my own blade", the trial character is suddenly equipped with a random 3*.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh poo poo, an actual Tsarevich commission today! Now I just need to not forget which one I did 6 months from now when I get another.

Oh poo poo, I actually got it 3 times within 3 weeks! Saved the 1 minute option for last because I hosed that one up a long time ago. Had a mini heart attack when I aggroed the stupid lone hilichurl near Tsarevich, but still made it.

Maybe now I can go back to other region dailies before going exclusively Sumeru.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : beaten

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

padijun posted:

I got that one :krad:
The challenges weren't too difficult, even the boat one where frankly we didn't realize at first we had to hit all the spots for the updrafts to appear and one player didn't load in was an easy 600+ points. Definitely Kazuha/Xiao city, though (I brought Razor because I'm cool like that)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

padijun posted:

:( I didn't get it. I did get the experience of jumping into 'infanteater's boat,' though.

Jean also a perfectly fine choice for this. Mihoyo sure is proud of their stupid floating platforms, huh.

Incidentally, I looked at the last set of challenges and boy, I hope they're just overselling the importance of "teamwork" for those, otherwise that's probably going to be a shitshow.

e. I see, you have to steal their boat after you've left the shore.
Grevious misuse of the phrase "nice boat," though.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 7, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
New 3.0 banner rumor:

Tragic if Tighnari's weapon banner gets Vanguished...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 7, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

welp there will go all of my primos

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
For a limited event there is an insane amount of missable poo poo on the islands. It's got to be a tiny fraction of players that gets even close to everything.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there any stuff on that island with the machine? I cleared it out and got a few chests, but there are smaller machines on the higher pillars that don't seem to do anything.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is there any stuff on that island with the machine? I cleared it out and got a few chests, but there are smaller machines on the higher pillars that don't seem to do anything.

I don't think there's anything to do now, but I checked them all out on the first day and it basically had Paimon pop up and say she wondered if they had something to do with the big machine in the middle. It's weird that they took that interaction out but I guess it got altered as the fatui machine got repaired.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Rexxed posted:

I don't think there's anything to do now, but I checked them all out on the first day and it basically had Paimon pop up and say she wondered if they had something to do with the big machine in the middle. It's weird that they took that interaction out but I guess it got altered as the fatui machine got repaired.

I kind of assume at some point you had to truck those 3 Orbs you get from the Fatui Quest to each of the three smaller machines but got changed in dev to just dropping all three at the main piece.

Unless they come back up for any outro quest.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Lol they apparently nerfed burning in the beta so that refreshing it is only a 1U Pyro application instead of 2U. Figures they would stomp out something neat. Though right now it's basically just loving up the Melt Ganyu potential.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/whc5wu/burning_refresh_gauge_nerfed_to_1u/

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Convoy mission was surprisingly a) not a disaster and b) doesn't really require much in the way of teamwork anyway.

These worked out surprisingly well for a forced co-op event that involves water platforms and the sorta-janky gliding mechanics.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Zenostein posted:

Convoy mission was surprisingly a) not a disaster and b) doesn't really require much in the way of teamwork anyway.

These worked out surprisingly well for a forced co-op event that involves water platforms and the sorta-janky gliding mechanics.
I just sat on the platform with ganyu shooting at things. Sometimes the enemies would run out onto the ice platforms I created... And then drown

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Lobsterpillar posted:

I just sat on the platform with ganyu shooting at things. Sometimes the enemies would run out onto the ice platforms I created... And then drown

I also rolled with Ganyu, it was good times. Love to blow up the gates before it would be even vaguely plausible to get there and melee.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, I just qiqi'd around. The water one was fun, because there was a lisa and I'd swear I was getting zapped through the stupid raft.

Second one was definitely a pro-ganyu zone. Much easier to kill things without leaving the raft and trying to glide around.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I... enjoyed this co-op event and.. had fun with other players. WHAT IS HAPPENING

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

valuum posted:

I... enjoyed this co-op event and.. had fun with other players. WHAT IS HAPPENING

Windtrace was good too. Their co-op record is honestly pretty good.

(Honkai's co-op is alright too honestly)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Looking likely the stream is going to be on Saturday since Friday is apparently a holiday in China. Maybe Twitch won't gently caress up this time even and rewind the big trailers.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The crazies event I've seen for that one is it morphing into a top down shooter like Super Smash TV and you having to fight a pissed off bird guardian deity thing at the end.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I hated windtrace, which is why this one surprised me. Chill co-op is more up my alley I guess!

Been jumping around the isle when doing the event and I keep finding new chests and challenges, thought I was done weeks ago. Crazy amount of content in there.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've enjoyed every co-op event, especially fall guys. I'd enjoy misty dungeon and labyrinth warriors more if they were co-op too. I know some people cant stand it, and obviously everything needs a single-player option for those with high ping, but more co-op events pls.

Kale
May 14, 2010

valuum posted:

I hated windtrace, which is why this one surprised me. Chill co-op is more up my alley I guess!

Been jumping around the isle when doing the event and I keep finding new chests and challenges, thought I was done weeks ago. Crazy amount of content in there.

Yeah its taken me almost to today to clear out everything on the to do list for the GAA so I'd say so. I tend not to slam through everything the moment it releases with my playstyle and usually stick to a couple hours a day with the game max so its usually only the last couple weeks of a patch where I'm doing stuff like old hangouts I haven't done or 100%ing older regions. I should have GAA totally wrapped up by the end of today so next priority is to finish the Dainsleif quest before Sumeru comes out which shouldn't be too difficult with 13 days or so to spare.

It kind of seems like Nahida has some limited form of mind control or alteration but is at least on first impression another mostly benevolent archon that doesn't really or possiblh cant really abuse it at all. If stolen though like the experiment seemed to try to do such a power could wreck havoc I imagine.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 10, 2022

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

valuum posted:

Yeah, this isn't particularly demanding co-op: if people just make an attempt at killing hilichurls and collecting coins you'll probably get the 600 points. Windtrace requires people to actually try, and you had to play a fair number of matches to get the rewards.

They've done a couple co-op events where you're just beating up on some random boss monster, and those tend to be pretty chill as well because you're just doing normal combat things.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

No Wave posted:

I've enjoyed every co-op event, especially fall guys. I'd enjoy misty dungeon and labyrinth warriors more if they were co-op too. I know some people cant stand it, and obviously everything needs a single-player option for those with high ping, but more co-op events pls.

labyrinth warriors with 2 player co-op and RNG layouts would be a huge hit

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

almost Tower of Fantasy time..... the Genshin-killer!!!!!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jean was best for this event, since you can easily knock everyone off the platforms.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ytlaya posted:

Jean was best for this event, since you can easily knock everyone off the platforms.

Too bad this isn't like Magicka, which would make your post very different

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

frajaq posted:

almost Tower of Fantasy time..... the Genshin-killer!!!!!!

are you able to log in? I get a login error then it exits the game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

padijun posted:

are you able to log in? I get a login error then it exits the game

imma be honest I cant even get the launcher to install, I'll probably wait for it to be on Steam

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Is there a thread for the game? Where would one put a mobile gacha MMO game thread anyways (other than the trash)?

Currently Queued into Freedom-Oasis

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
nobody's playing ToF, the login queues are too long

a few people were posting about it in the gacha thread in Mobile Games but it's on pc and mobile so you could make a thread here or there easily enough

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My Gimmick Name posted:

Is there a thread for the game? Where would one put a mobile gacha MMO game thread anyways (other than the trash)?

Currently Queued into Freedom-Oasis

There's a Mobile subforum (it's actually where most other similar games are, Genshin is the exception).

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZEpU-DbzZU

al-haitham is confirmed 1h sword, cyno confirmed polearm, and dayna claymore looks like? :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Dehya continues looking fantastic. Easily my favorite of the new characters.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nahida's statement there is definitely in line with slime theory...

Sumeru looking soooooooo good. It will be so nice having a year of content in a pleasant looking place instead of all the bombed-out Inazuma environments.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 11, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

That is the shortest teaser ever, give me mooooore damnit.

These last few weeks are gonna drag man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That is the shortest teaser ever, give me mooooore damnit.

These last few weeks are gonna drag man.

It's 11 days and we're getting a full 3.0 stream in like 2 days