Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

No Wave posted:

She's a fantastic character (especially if you have favonious lance refines). Only really pops off at C4 though.
I like Xingling, but I've already got Diluc too and the biggest reason I'm not using a Xingling is because I don't have anyone else on my team that breaks rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Put in I think 24-25 pulls? Got XQ C2, a second Widsith, Qiqi, Xiangling C4, and Chong + Chong C1. That last one's the real winner, since that means that I was comfortable using Stand By Me to get Ning to C3.

A little disappointed, Hu Tao is pretty fun on the test run, but eh, those are never representative. I'll save for Razor, he's gotta be on the next banner.

EDIT:
Oh, and then Chongyun's level up pull on the standard banner gives me Chong C2. Sure, I'll take it. Not sure what to do with him, but I guess I'll find something.

Karia fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 3, 2021

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hu Tao is a charge spammer so take that into consideration if you want to pull for her

Oh she's unusable, thanks.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Draxion posted:

Now, now.. C1 makes it so when her E mode is active charged attacks take no stamina.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think this is the most major C1 on a 5 star to date. I wouldn't pull for it, but it's much more meaningful than ones in the past.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Doesn't Hu Tao's charge just apply the Blood Blossom dot? Seems like you do it only once or twice per E in order to apply it and get your particles.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my awful sub spread has her with like 160% ER so in addition to running Zhongli/Albedo for lots of free shield, the burst is a pretty good oh poo poo button that is always up before i want/need to use it. her dash also feels really nice

gotta throw her in Abyss to really see i suppose

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Draxion posted:

Hey Klee was perfectly viable as a charge spammer until I pulled Ganyu and discovered that I could do bigger numbers without murdering my stamina bar

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scoss posted:

Doesn't Hu Tao's charge just apply the Blood Blossom dot? Seems like you do it only once or twice per E in order to apply it and get your particles.

Her ratios on the charge are much higher, so optimal rotation seems to be charge + normal attack cancel into charge repeat till you run out of stamina. C1 is going to be necessary to keep the spam going with as little downtime as possible.

Also homa, even at high HP is incredibly powerful on her but having benny on your team and ignoring her hp mechanic narrows the margins down when using a high refine dragons bane to just a few percentages.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 3, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I decided to roll on the weapon banner since either one would be useful (I don't have any 5* claymores and the spear would be very good for Zhongli's shield/meteor).

:stare: (the two 4*s as well just make it even more nuts)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

dogsicle posted:

my awful sub spread has her with like 160% ER so in addition to running Zhongli/Albedo for lots of free shield, the burst is a pretty good oh poo poo button that is always up before i want/need to use it. her dash also feels really nice

gotta throw her in Abyss to really see i suppose

I wish her dash went through certain objects since it goes through enemies too. It reminds me of the smoke dash in Infamous Second Son so I keep trying to pass through fences and stuff with her and get bummed out that it doesn't work.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ugh, first two 10 pulls got me Barb and Xiangling. But at least I actually got a Chongyun.

I dunno if I'm feeling Hu Tao, but trials are honestly pretty bad at really conveying how fun a character is to play real situations. I mean, hell, they didn't even provide any teammates. Still makes me a little hesitant to keep pulling.

So now I'm at C5 Chong and C3 Xingqiu currently. I still have my lantern pick and enough starglitter for XQ, so if I stop pulling for them now, I can go C6/C4 or C5/C5. They seem to like having XQ every other banner, but they could just as easily not feature him for a while. Granted, Chongyun's due for a starglitter appearance too. Decisions, decisions.

Also, don't forget about your parametric transformers!
  • 20k mora
  • Ch Exp: 6 purp / 11 blue
  • Ch Asc: 1 blue / 2 green

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

I wish her dash went through certain objects since it goes through enemies too. It reminds me of the smoke dash in Infamous Second Son so I keep trying to pass through fences and stuff with her and get bummed out that it doesn't work.
Honestly? I think the ghost dash was a last minute addition when the devs wanted to make her a little flashier. It's cool that it goes through enemies though. Will it take you through something as big as a ruin guard?

gandlethorpe posted:

• 20k mora
  • Ch Exp: 6 purp / 11 blue
  • Ch Asc: 1 blue / 2 green
Ty for the reminder.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 3, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Another week of bosses and no billets, I think the last time I saw one drop was back in December. I really hope they sneak in a tweak to the drop rates for 1.4, it's stupid how rare they are right now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Honestly? I think the ghost dash was a last minute addition when the devs wanted to make her a little flashier. It's cool that it goes through enemies though. Will it take you through something as big as a ruin guard?

Apparently her original concept was that her dash was an execution ability, if the enemy was bellow a certain % they would take damage when you dashed through them.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

zgrowler2 posted:

Hey Klee was perfectly viable as a charge spammer until I pulled Ganyu and discovered that I could do bigger numbers without murdering my stamina bar

Oh I don't even really care about stamina use, but holding down left click for charge blows my wrist out way worse than just clicking a bunch for some reason.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

I haven't tried anything bigger than a shield mitachurl but it worked there, can't see why it wouldn't work with a ruin guard too. Could be handy if you get cornered but beyond that it just looks and feels slick.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

doesn't work for me on mitachurls or ruin guards, you blink in and out in front of them. which would honestly make sense with them going out of their way to include wording in Rosaria's tele skill that it won't work on large enemies.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

dogsicle posted:

doesn't work for me on mitachurls or ruin guards, you blink in and out in front of them. which would honestly make sense with them going out of their way to include wording in Rosaria's tele skill that it won't work on large enemies.

Oh really? I tried it against a shield charge twice and thought it worked. Maybe I just got pushed out of the way the same time I dodged.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I always forget to do this because it's not lined up with the weekly reset on other content for me.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

20 pulls got me 3 XQs (C10 now) and a bunch of lovely 3* weapons

lol gently caress you too game

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

Oh really? I tried it against a shield charge twice and thought it worked. Maybe I just got pushed out of the way the same time I dodged.

i didn't try dodging the charge with it, but messing around it seems like they're a narrow enough enemy that the dash will often push you around them to the side (though it can just stop dead in front as well). ruin guards are broader so that would explain them eating the dash the way they do. i'll have to go mess with one that i didn't already farm though.

e: and coming across an axe mitachurl on my routes, you can dodge through those guys like a breeze. i suppose the shield is the big issue then

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 3, 2021

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
got hu tao and enough of the rare currency to c6 xiao

i want venti but i want someone to use this @#*$&^ spear just a little bit more

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

dogsicle posted:

Hu Tao would want either Deathmatch or White Tassel. Deathmatch is a nice consistent option while R5 White Tassel is better when normal attacking and drops off hard when charge attacking. none of the craftables are suited for her, Favonius definitely doesn't come close to other options. Dragon's Bane is probably too hurt by low refine to compete, even in best cases it's weaker but offers a big vape damage boost.

So since someone above said Hu Tao is a charge spammer does that mean White Tassel is out and Deathmatch is in?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Deathmatch makes the buff effect appear on the character at all times, looks awful, do not use

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Her charge attack ratios are so nutty you dont even want to burst unless you are below the health threashold and then MAYBE you want you to burst if you dont have C1 and need it to recover.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

Deathmatch makes the buff effect appear on the character at all times, looks awful, do not use

Do you mean those lil up arrows? Or is there another uglier buff? I can live with the first one.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
One of each banner four-star in 28 pulls. Pretty good, pretty good. :hmmyes:

I think I'm gonna keep pulling as I get wishes for a while. C5 Xiangling and C3 Xingqiu are both good options for constellations; having C6 Chongyun means I'll get extra starglitter at worst.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Any whales or people who know whales have C6 Hu Tao and can test something?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/lvw09e/book_tricking_and_the_stasis_theory/

According to this, some timers continue to run even when opening a pause menu. So I'm wondering if it's possible to trigger Hu Tao's C6, then open the menu for a minute to let its timer refresh, and then unpause and have essentially an immortal character as long as you're willing to pause for a minute between getting hit.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I kind of decided to quit or take a break from the game on Sunday and have not logged in since. It was kind of nice not feeling obligated to login to spend resin. I just logged in today to buy the monthly fates with the stardust. I decided to gamble all of my resources on the weapon banner and got my white whale (along with a second off-pity Mona from the 5 standard rolls):

A few days too late I guess. Took the pity timer 2x (~67 and 68 rolls for both) on the weapon banner, once for an off-banner and then won the 50/50 for on banner. Down to 12 rolls left across all 3 resources.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ran around testing other big enemies just to check, ended up with this list

pass through: small enemies (incl bigger fatui like electro/anemo/cryo/hydro), all forms of Childe, lawachurls, axe mitachurls, abyss mages, mature geovishap

can't pass through: shield mitachurls, ruin guards/hunters/graders, vines, cubes

didn't test but assume no: stormterror, andrius, primo geovishap

didn't test but assume yes: oceanid spawns

the enemies you can't pass through will still kind of deflect you to the side and behind of them, it's super common for shield mitachurls and ruin hunters because they're narrower. guards/graders you have to be offset left or right and they'll end up deflecting you. vine bosses let you tele halfway into them and then abruptly pop you out at a 90-degree angle when the dash animation ends. between her, Xiao, and Rosaria's skill they probably all share similar if not the same limitations.

she can also apply Blood Blossom through shields (mitachurl and abyss), the proc only deals damage to abyss shields but will damage a mitachurl while not damaging its shield. e: i suppose this lines up with Childe but it's less finicky to apply and his Riptide does the opposite of only damaging the shield and not the mitachurl (unless you have a clean unshielded hit ofc).

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 3, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's really funny how Hu Tao and Keqing are both charge attack spammers but Hu Tao solves it by just homing on the target instead.

You do have to wait half a second to stay neutral before the homing works though.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Slotting her into my usual Diluc team (XQ, Venti, Benny) just reinforces how valuable having a claymore user is. Diluc is still going to be the king for ease of use until they add some more useful claymore supports or get rid of the mechanic for shields/geo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tae posted:

It's really funny how Hu Tao and Keqing are both charge attack spammers but Hu Tao solves it by just homing on the target instead.

You do have to wait half a second to stay neutral before the homing works though.
If Keqing's C1 removed charge attack stamina cost people may feel differently about the character...

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Mang Tomas posted:

Do you mean those lil up arrows? Or is there another uglier buff? I can live with the first one.

Just the arrows, but they're always there, even in town

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ytlaya posted:

I decided to roll on the weapon banner since either one would be useful (I don't have any 5* claymores and the spear would be very good for Zhongli's shield/meteor).

I dumped the last of my primos/fates in the weapon banner since I got Hu Tao so easy just to roll the bones and I had enough to roll a 5*

A Skyward Spine. :(

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Did 20 pulls. First 10-pull gave me XQ C1, next gave me:

Not bad, Chongyun was the last 4* I didn’t have, and now I have Xingqiu C2. Is his C3 worth buying in the shop? What about Ningguang’s C3? Are any of the weapons worth getting? I’m keeping only 68 Starglitter so that I can buy both characters if they’re good, and spending the rest on wishes. Is that a p good idea? I’m not sure if I’ll pull on this banner again (might want to go for Xingqiu) so I’m not gonna spend any of the Starglitter until the end of the month.

E: Does the weapon banner get its own pity counter separate from the rest?

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 3, 2021

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Tap the Share button and get your gems. I’m pretty sure you don’t have to actually post or login to any social media.

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

87 pulls of the event banner later and I got a 5*!

... Jean :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

doing story quest as traveler you can't stop me whattuppppppp