Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Aw that's all you meant? I could've just gone back to looking at the fanart if that was all you were talking about.
i mean it isnt 'all' i meant, i was just using it as an example. my point is that if people want to talk about Waifus or gross male fans or whatever they should actually spend some time in spaces that talk about or are engaged with this game and are dominated by women instead of just sitting on SA and reddit and kind of ignoring how many women play this game. If you don't want to do that specifically thats fine but then its weird to act like the concept of women just thinking ganyu has an attractive design and is a fun character couldnt possibly exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

women be out here shipping Albedo with Huffman

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

women be out here shipping Albedo with Huffman
The people that are super into non playable npcs are more powerful than i could ever know

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I had to look up who Huffman even was

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

And yet hes more plot relevant than xinyan

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Xinyan has defeated Childe, Signora, and Raiden Shogun and is therefore the most plot relevant character (in my world).

e: Does huffman actually do anything or is it just he exists during plot quests?

Garrand fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 18, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

i mean it isnt 'all' i meant, i was just using it as an example. my point is that if people want to talk about Waifus or gross male fans or whatever they should actually spend some time in spaces that talk about or are engaged with this game and are dominated by women instead of just sitting on SA and reddit and kind of ignoring how many women play this game. If you don't want to do that specifically thats fine but then its weird to act like the concept of women just thinking ganyu has an attractive design and is a fun character couldnt possibly exist.

Oh. Well I got the entirely wrong read on what you meant then. Sorry about that, I'm bad at understanding things first pass.

So where would you recommend? This is the only site I bother with, tbh so I don't know if I should be dusting off my Tumblr account and people are actually still in the trenches posting or I should be looking on Instagram or TikTok. Literally not sure where to look to begin with and just assuming it's something besides doscord channels, Facebook and YouTube videos I should've thought of immediately.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Garrand posted:

e: Does huffman actually do anything or is it just he exists during plot quests?

He's one of the nondescript Knights of Favonius NPCs that patrol around the town...though according to the wiki, he's mentioned in a lot of other places like story quests, hangout events, character demos, etc. Maybe he's a favorite of somebody at miHoYo.

The shipping with Albedo is due to one of Albedo's voicelines:

quote:

The time required to sketch portraits closely correlates with one's mood. I could spend half a day sketching Huffman, while I might only need three strokes of the pencil to sketch Kaeya — one for the face, one for the eyepatch string... and one for the eyepatch.

I heard somewhere that the Chinese wording seems to imply more that Albedo can spend a lot of time sketching someone nondescript like Huffman if he's in a good mood, but OTOH will put very little effort into sketching someone visually complicated like Kaeya if he's in a bad mood. Not sure if that's true of the wording or not, but the interpretation does line up with Albedo losing interest mid-drawing during his character teaser.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly i would love for the tl to be wrong since it's just kind of funny that it comes off bitchy about Kaeya when Kaebedo is a more popular ship

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Oh. Well I got the entirely wrong read on what you meant then. Sorry about that, I'm bad at understanding things first pass.

So where would you recommend? This is the only site I bother with, tbh so I don't know if I should be dusting off my Tumblr account and people are actually still in the trenches posting or I should be looking on Instagram or TikTok. Literally not sure where to look to begin with and just assuming it's something besides doscord channels, Facebook and YouTube videos I should've thought of immediately.
I mean, you could look around on twitter, tumblr, youtube channels run by women including their comments and fan communities and stuff, smaller discords, but it's not like a moral obligation. And like I said, you're only going to get a small group's opinion. Unless you replace all your SA time with the twitters of teen girls, which would be a kinda weird thing to do. I'm just saying to be aware that these people exist.

Like imagine the reverse situation where you were asking where to get mens opinions. Like. I don't know! Men have different opinions!

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

dogsicle posted:

honestly i would love for the tl to be wrong since it's just kind of funny that it comes off bitchy about Kaeya when Kaebedo is a more popular ship

:what:

Oh right, Kaeya had that voiceline about him, huh. It still feels more probable to me that Albedo dislikes him, but I guess we'll find out more someday. (Please give us more character interactions, miHoYo; Kazuha and Beidou's dynamic was hilarious.)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Garrand posted:

Xinyan has defeated Childe, Signora, and Raiden Shogun and is therefore the most plot relevant character (in my world).

xinyan is supposedly featured in the story for the next event

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

xinyan is supposedly featured in the story for the next event

I hope they do those for all the existing characters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we're supposed to get a free xinyan from the event and I'm spooked because that brings me up to c6

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So the Hu Tao you get for her little quest domain is...bad, right? Like they built her badly or something? Because she felt like poo poo and I'm rapidly losing hype on that banner leak, but I'm assuming it's due to them sticking her with some trash Noblesse artifacts or something despite also having Spear of Homa.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So the Hu Tao you get for her little quest domain is...bad, right? Like they built her badly or something? Because she felt like poo poo and I'm rapidly losing hype on that banner leak, but I'm assuming it's due to them sticking her with some trash Noblesse artifacts or something despite also having Spear of Homa.

I mean probably, how much health does trial Hu Tao have because mine's at like 30k

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Fischl getting a significant amount of screentime in the first major event was neat. Too bad they haven't done much featuring of 4*s like that aside from summer vacation island.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tae posted:

I mean probably, how much health does trial Hu Tao have because mine's at like 30k
She has about 30k too, but I assume part of it is that the setup of the domain fights probably isn't a great showcase, because like most quest-style domains it's "fight some hilichurls that die immediately to anyone" spaced out enough that you're probably taking all your damage in the domain from activating her skill before every fight, and you have to go out of your way to burst effectively.

This is my hope at least.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's not anything special without Xingqiu and all of her normal attacks are basically bad. She's used entirely for vaporized charge attacks (which are for sure good), to the point that her C1 is the best 5* C1 in the game.

The health mechanic is, well, liyue rate ups were all made with zhong li in mind.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 18, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Fischl getting a significant amount of screentime in the first major event was neat. Too bad they haven't done much featuring of 4*s like that aside from summer vacation island.

Windblume! a good batch of Kaeya/Bennett/Razor content, idr if anyone else was in there with the NPCs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yanfei had a story too

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hu tao probably isn't especially overpowered compared to the other on field damage characters we got last year, but she was probably the easiest to build for (XQ rather than jean, mona, etc.)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Oh that's all good to know, since I've got a levelled XQ now from playing around with various freeze things. Since I don't have a Zhongli, would Diona work in a pinch, since she's got heals/shielding (even if the healing area would make for melt instead of vaporize)?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So the reason why Hu Tao is considered the gold standard for DPS bench marks is because XQ+4 piece pyro set+Hu tao is like optimal, easy vape damage. Normal attack->Charge attack is quick, fast, and has no ICD

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every time I roll a decent heart of depths artifact, it just can't help but roll the single bad sub stat every time

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Sometimes the artifacts with only one good substat work out:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The game somehow knows what our expectations are and subverts them. My favorite artifact is like yours but it’s a crit rate hat.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Oh that's all good to know, since I've got a levelled XQ now from playing around with various freeze things. Since I don't have a Zhongli, would Diona work in a pinch, since she's got heals/shielding (even if the healing area would make for melt instead of vaporize)?

easiest thing to do without zhongli is probably some anemo for the VV shred and then bennet. if you're using bennett elsewhere you'll probably just have to use your next best shield/heal character so hutao doesn't kill herself.

if you use diona with XQ you need to watch out to not use the diona ult on whatever you're attacking since its going to mess up the reactions. ive seen people do like ganyu+diona with hutao for a melt comp which is probably fine but ive never tried it personally.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I know Hu Tao is mechanically good and makes big numbers but I cannot stand actually playing her. The self-damage mechanic just isn't fun to play around and is useless for any sort of world content besides abyss running. Maybe if there was a 20-30% HP cap where it'd stop hurting you and you could just leave her there and pretend she was a pure glass cannon then it'd be okay, but whelp.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes but shes a funny ghost girl.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Sometimes the artifacts with only one good substat work out:

I have a Gladiator crit rate helmet like this that also picked up another 38 crdmg. And then a emblem feather that rolled all but one on crdmg and one energy recharge that I don't think I'm taking off of Raiden. 24.9%

And I'm still waiting on something better showing up that I can give to Eula and hopefully achieve 10k crits instead of 8k ones on the third hit or fifth hit.

She only has 155crdmg right now.

I'm about to spend all of my fragile resin and also refine the serpent spine to r1 today.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

zhongli's shield is strong enough that you just don't do the mechanic, but otherwise most healers that you could run with her heal so much that you can't really play around her percentages. you can kinda do it with bennett and move out of the ring but just losing out on the passive and taking the bennett atk buff is probably pretty close in terms of damage.

i like her character design quite a bit but xiao definitely got the more interesting "spear characters that want a lot of field time" kit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my problem with hu tao is that if shes an undertaker she should have some mechanic that scales off enemy kills or something, the missing hp stuff doesnt really fit. like i get how they arrived there but it seems like a mechanic thatd make more sense for someone who doesnt care about dying, not someone who cares very deeply about the cycle of life and death

Selane
May 19, 2006

lol, could not be bothered to engage with the fishing event more than the bare minimum(ie almost no actual fishing), just spent like an hour and a half fishing in Tales of Arise pretty much just for fun.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

double cryo support is very strong on hu tao with kaeya or rosaria + diona, since as a spear user hu tao can benefit from melt instead of shatter for a higher reaction multiplier, as well as cryo resonance for free crit against a frozen target. i'm pretty convinced that double cryo is hu tao's strongest team not including zhongli.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Radical posted:

sorry, your sibling is in another dimension! now the player must traverse the 8 regions in an alternate timeline.
if they actually made you play a "second run" playing as your sibling during the Collapse Of All poo poo i'd actually forgive the amount of assets they'd straight up recycle

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/machildachannel/status/1438909514879684611?s=19

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why's she doing that 1/4 second aim thing? Is that a macro to aim-fire-unaim in order to stay mobile?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Aim canceling goes brrrt, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

The Lone Badger posted:

Why's she doing that 1/4 second aim thing? Is that a macro to aim-fire-unaim in order to stay mobile?

It has a faster attack rate than just firing off shots in aiming mode normally and it deals more damage than the normal attack string.
Amber fires two shots each time at C1 too.
It's an archer physical damage build thing.