Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
What about Recurve Bow? It's the only HP% bow, +46.9 HP when you max it out.

Seems like the most sensible option is to run a 3* bow until the event bow becomes available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Best weapon's gonna be favonius bow, not just for TC reasons but for actual ingame practicality reasons. HP% sands are much more common than ER sands, and you're gonna need either an ER weapon or sands unless you're gonna run like, Raiden/Yelan/Xingqiu/Jean (this is gonna be a decent B-tier comp btw, I prognosticated it). Your ER sands are probably gonna be both weaker and in higher demand than your HP sands, so you might as well use HP% and skip on the crit bows.

Unless you dumped all your HP% severed fates and noblesse sands with high potential, in which case yikes, and also, stop doing that. Stop doing that with Def sands too. I'm sure they'll make a Def scaling burst support at some point. Probably.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I read people saying she would be good for Yoimiya. Please tell me this is actually true. I'd rather keep Xingqiu with Hu Tao (and he's kind of awkward to use with Yoimiya anyways).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ytlaya posted:

I read people saying she would be good for Yoimiya. Please tell me this is actually true. I'd rather keep Xingqiu with Hu Tao (and he's kind of awkward to use with Yoimiya anyways).

Seems like it has potential

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Wait, is this a surprise launch or did I get my dates wrong?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Looks like the patch is live, but the servers will be doing maintenance for another hour or so.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Pope Urbane II posted:

It's a timezone thing, Shanghai is 13-16 hours ahead of the USA so when Mihoyo says maintenance at 8.00AM 31 May it actually means late evening 30 May for you Americans.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'll cross my fingers. The weirdness with auras and reaction timing (with what triggers the reaction, etc) is really confusing.

If they are compatible, would Yelan want EM?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no, EM is for whoever is triggering the reaction. Yelan should be providing aura for Yoimiya to vape

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

dogsicle posted:

no, EM is for whoever is triggering the reaction. Yelan should be providing aura for Yoimiya to vape

Ah, that's good to know (though my Yoimiya doesn't really have any EM to speak of).

edit: I think the only times I've ever tried to build for EM have been with Anemo characters.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, that's good to know (though my Yoimiya doesn't really have any EM to speak of).

edit: I think the only times I've ever tried to build for EM have been with Anemo characters.

Yoi is a bit weirder bc her options for EM weapons aren't as good as Hu Tao/Diluc, so your main consideration is whether you run atk or EM sands. that's a decision other pyro DPS make too, but it's mainly based around your supports, since Bennett will saturate atk and make EM more valuable while Sucrose or other EM sharers do the opposite.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Pope Urbane II posted:

I saw a few people saying this is usually a Tuesday(US)/Wednesday(China) thing, so it's a day early, if that's your perspective.

Also lol I had to move the directory to an external so it'd have enough room to extract. Hopefully this "let you delete old crap you don't need" (i.e. old movies that you can't watch in game anyway) feature lets me save a lot of space. It's real nice to have genshin on an SSD, but that was a 40gb directory I just moved.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ytlaya posted:

EM is good on anemo characters and exactly Xiangling+Hu Tao. It's not great on Yoimiya because she'll only vaporize a third of her damage, Diluc will do a bit better but it's still generally worse than atk.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

sandorius posted:

it actually means late evening 30 May for you Americans.

no, it means May 30th

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Won 50/50 and got my last 3 Yanfei constellations :toot:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Patch is live

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

From what Ive heard apparently the CN live stream for 2.7 was emphasizing her damage capabilities as an actual DPS more than the EN did so who knows, Yelan carry might be real :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wanted yanfei c4, kinda (at c3). broke 5* pity though so i need to stop and be careful if i'm going after kuki and/or heizou

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

In the span of a meager 15~ pulls I somehow managed to pull 1 Noelle (C3), 2 Barbaras (C99), and 2 Yanfeis (C99).

Amazing.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

4400 primos, 4 noelles and a beidou. Yanfei is the one i need constellations for. I guess it moves me closer to pity and the 50/50 gamble

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
80 wishes, 50/50 win, landed on exactly c6 for noelle and yanfei, and have a c5 sara now. That went good for making me waste 80 wishes.

Emblem or Nobleese on dice dame?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Yelan seems really fun so far. Trying to run her with Yoimiya who I’ve never particularly enjoyed. Might try to slot her into a freeze team instead later.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hit keqing on the 50/50 in my first 10 roll but yelan came home after only 40 more :toot: that's only the 2nd time I've rolled a 5* before soft pity

really disappointed that the game's forcing me to do other quests before I can participate in the event tho

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Huh, the location of the new Archon quest straight up doesn't show up on the map when you open it. Has that happened before?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Took until 80 but made my 50/50 so that's a huge win in my book. Really loved her trial. No Yanfei so she's still c0, boo.

Immediately put Yelan in my teapot and fed her 21 dishes. She's probably chonky as gently caress now and I'm not sorry.

In other teapot news, one of the blueprints from last patch is an outdoor cooking stove so I can finally do all my BP tasks in front of my house in the teapot, hooray! Extreme QoL.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Redmark posted:

Huh, the location of the new Archon quest straight up doesn't show up on the map when you open it. Has that happened before?

Is it in the Chasm? Stuff will not show on the main map but will have an Icon on the teleport UI right side if it is down there.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so what kind of artifact set is yelan looking for anyway? I just threw some emblem stuff I had lying around on her for now

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Manatee Cannon posted:

so what kind of artifact set is yelan looking for anyway? I just threw some emblem stuff I had lying around on her for now

Sort of depends on her ER requirements really. Emblem with ER up til the point she can use her Burst on cooldown, and then stack the rest into HP and crit stuff is how I'm going about it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
4-piece Severed Fate is the way to go I'm just trying to figure out if I want a hydro goblet or HP goblet. Also sac. bow or fav. bow god it's a hard call on that one. I use Emblem of Severed Fate on pretty much everyone so ER sands are worth their weight in gold. Yelan can settle for HP sands. :dumb:

She definitely has two useful exploration skills between the rapid dash and the rapid charged shot. I didn't expect she would launch enemies on skill use, that's always useful.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Good News, Yelan's Burst is on Attack so it will work on Shields and stuff

Bad News, she uses Ruin Serpent Ascension materials so gonna be fun chasing all those down.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Seems like Nob 4 piece, Hydro Goblet, HP Sands, Stringless R5

If you already have a Nob holder, then Emblem. If good emblem pieces ever dropped.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Any clue what these words mean?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

MoonCrab posted:

Unless you dumped all your HP% severed fates and noblesse sands with high potential, in which case yikes, and also, stop doing that. Stop doing that with Def sands too. I'm sure they'll make a Def scaling burst support at some point. Probably.

Easier said than done when you hit the artifact limit with only 5 star artifacts. There are a lot of pieces that have potential IF the right character is released, but who knows when that will happen, if ever, and something has to go.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

AG3 posted:

Easier said than done when you hit the artifact limit with only 5 star artifacts. There are a lot of pieces that have potential IF the right character is released, but who knows when that will happen, if ever, and something has to go.

You have 1500 maxed out 5 star artifacts? Hitting the cap just means you need to feed a bunch of stuff to other stuff.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Yes, but that means feeding away stuff that has "potential" into other stuff that has "potential" :v:

Then it rolls all flat defense or HP.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
naw, just feed the stuff you know will never have potential into whatever. Since a +20 artifact will take a +0 to 16

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Sanctum posted:

:confused: it just means that you rotate between three different buff states and the damage scales between a low/mid/high state based on which part of the cycle you're in. Not that complicated. It's worded that way so that it works for characters who augment damage (XQ, Yelan, Thoma) or who throw out damage units/zones (Albedo, Fischl, Xiangling, etc) so that the buff takes effect even while the unit's off-field

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sanctum posted:

Overcomplicated way of saying "The character wielding this weapon does +10% DMG on average"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally got the update downloaded and now I can do wishes!

I think I'm at 70 pity? (80) Diluc C1 (Finally lost one again!) Noelle C8 (10) Rust (20) Barbara C8 Stringless (30) Barbara C9 (40) Yelan c0 Yanfei C6 Stringless R2

Phew, now I've got those five fates out of the shop too.

Edit: Also the teapot is working again!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

gandlethorpe posted:

Overcomplicated way of saying "The character wielding this weapon does +10% DMG on average"

Do I understand it correctly that it does have a duration (that isn't mentioned anywhere) and it just resets back to the first state if you don't trigger the transition to the next one in time?

For example:
Start in 1, Shoot something with an arrow -> Go to 2
Forget to do anything for a bit -> Go back to 1

Start in 1, Go to 2, Go to 3 -> Get maximum bonus for a while -> You can't proceed even after dealing damage and go back to 1

Just seems like there's some missing text.
It kinda reads like it should last forever after damaging enemies twice.