Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I hope we get an archon sometime down the line that is just a big unrepentant jerk. Judging by the story preview snippets, Fontaine and Natlan seem the most likely prospects. The god of justice is afraid of celestial airstrikes and the god of war thinks mercy is for chumps. You could certainly spin either of those into an anime redemption arc, but the possibility remains that at that point the Traveler might be up for dealing with a legit enemy archon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I guess growing by only 6gb isn't bad for a new nation and all, but clearly my days of enjoying genshin on an ssd are coming to a close lol

Also I've been playing since launch and still no keqing or mona. Wouldn't count on getting mr foxears from the standard. I still probably won't pull for him, getting zhongli's c2 would be an acceptable way to keep this 50/50 streak going, and it seems like it'll be ages until the archon's up for the gacha, so I'll probably manage to get on the guaranteed path by then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

avoraciopoctules posted:

I hope we get an archon sometime down the line that is just a big unrepentant jerk. Judging by the story preview snippets, Fontaine and Natlan seem the most likely prospects. The god of justice is afraid of celestial airstrikes and the god of war thinks mercy is for chumps. You could certainly spin either of those into an anime redemption arc, but the possibility remains that at that point the Traveler might be up for dealing with a legit enemy archon.
the fatui are all commanded by the cyro archon and theyre the game's only real villains

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I would contend that the soul eating prank ghosts in the depths of the Chasm are fairly villainous. Let me suplex one of them too!

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Zenostein posted:

I guess growing by only 6gb isn't bad for a new nation and all, but clearly my days of enjoying genshin on an ssd are coming to a close lol

Also I've been playing since launch and still no keqing or mona. Wouldn't count on getting mr foxears from the standard. I still probably won't pull for him, getting zhongli's c2 would be an acceptable way to keep this 50/50 streak going, and it seems like it'll be ages until the archon's up for the gacha, so I'll probably manage to get on the guaranteed path by then.

Did you delete the language packs you don't use? I saved 6 gigs by removing the chinese voices. You go into the settings ingame and it's somewhere there, can't find it now, but worth checking out if you play in English or Japanese.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Blorknorg posted:

Did you delete the language packs you don't use? I saved 6 gigs by removing the chinese voices. You go into the settings ingame and it's somewhere there, can't find it now, but worth checking out if you play in English or Japanese.

Ages ago, yeah. But the update's download file was ~8gb, and it wanted like 18 to unpack? Since the overall grew by only 6gb, I'm guessing that they removed a considerable amount of old event data and leftover crap you can't see any more.

Honestly if it were a real issue I'd probably just do like you do on mobile and delete and redownload everything to see if that streamlines it. Probably plays just fine of an external drive anyway, so that's probably not worth the time.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I recently went from disk drive to ssd - You'll have longer load times, I can't remember if the pop in was any worse. And it's nowhere near as bad as the PS4.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

The worst thing for me for ssd vs hdd was when stuff patches. Fortnite would patch for something like 100 megs and it would take half an hour, Genshin wasn't quite as bad but it was pretty bad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

NEW CONTINENT NEW THREAD LETS GOOO

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4010663&