Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Fischl and Bennett

Should I use rust on fischl or the 4 star bow with the atk speed increase? They both seem good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Bennett is a very good healer that's easy to gear and fits into basically every team composition, so you lucked out there.

Is the attack speed increase bow the Compound Bow? If so, Rust is better. I've never heard anyone say good things about the Compound Bow.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Sanctum posted:

Fischl and Bennett

Should I use rust on fischl or the 4 star bow with the atk speed increase? They both seem good

LOL those are considered among the best 4 stars. It's definitely worth leveling Bennet because he can heal, provide energy particles, and apply pyro so-so. You'll be able to use him forever in everything. Fischl also used to be extremely useful (and still is, but less compared to the new characters, I think). If you want to invest in her to make her a DPS, you could use her until you get to the end of the abyss and even then she can be used as a really great support if you fiddle with her artifacts. She's supposed to work well with the current banner character (Eula).

That being said, if you don't like them on a cosmetic/personality level then that's something you should consider above any gameplay advice, imo. There's plenty of characters to pick from when you eventually get them and you don't get any consolations from spending all your resources early.

Also,

Sanctum posted:

So after getting the 2 guaranteed characters from beginners wish, I've made an additional 60 wishes and I've found 1 character. Is that normal?

I don't want to go up to world level 3 before getting my characters to level 40, but that's a lotta exp to be dumping into 2 starting characters that I'd rather ditch. :(

Man, I'm super curious how you did this. So you got 5 four star pulls that were either duplicates or weapons? That's gacha, drat.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sanctum posted:

So after getting the 2 guaranteed characters from beginners wish, I've made an additional 60 wishes and I've found 1 character. Is that normal?

I don't want to go up to world level 3 before getting my characters to level 40, but that's a lotta exp to be dumping into 2 starting characters that I'd rather ditch. :(

Going to 40 might seem like a lot right now, but that's really not a giant amount in the scheme of things. You really only need to have your main DPS maxed and then you can trickle down anything extra to your main supports. Keep your main with their talents as high as they can go, and their artifacts at level 12/16, as well as their weapon level maxed. It's more important to sink everything into your main than to spread everything around.

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Man, I'm super curious how you did this. So you got 5 four star pulls that were either duplicates or weapons? That's gacha, drat.

If they wished on the standard banner there is actually one more 4* weapon than 4* character in the pool, so it would be very easy to wish all weapons. Fischl and Bennett aren't even on the current character banner, so it's impossible that all those wishes were on it.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 29, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Fischl, Bennet, Noelle and Traveler make a fine team at level 40 imo, I used something similar all the way to WL 5. And I'll second using Rust on Fischl, it works pretty well on her for DPS. The important thing is to make sure you aren't spending primos on the standard banner (with Qiqi, Mona and Keqing on it) as it's got the worst rate ups.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Y'all crazy Bennett is the best carry out of that bunch. He's arguably the best 4 star carry in the game.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tanreall posted:

Y'all crazy Bennett is the best carry out of that bunch. He's arguably the best 4 star carry in the game.

yanfei and rosaria are probably competitive with him, depending on what constellations all of them are at, but bennett is definitely miles better at carrying than bloody c0 fischl

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Also,
Yeah 5 four star weapons and a duplicate. :v:

e: Being forced to gamble doesn't make me too keen on spending money (that might buy more worthless 4 star weapons.)

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 30, 2021

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
As other people said, you should be wishing on the Character Event banner (the one with Eula). Every 10 wishes, you're guaranteed a 4* and if you pull one that's not Beidou, Xingqiu or Xinyan (the three on the banner), your next 4* is guaranteed to be one of those three, meaning that maximum, you can go 20 wishes between character pulls.

Also, Xingqiu is the best 4* support character in the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hopefully I can pick up Xingqiu before this banner goes away, he seems extremely useful for like... any comp with a pyro carry, it seems?

Question about genesis crystals: are there things that I should be saving up for? I know I'll get 300 with each Welkin moon thing. Should I just convert those to primogems or save them for something else?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 30, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Jean's skin next patch is rumored (confirmed?) to cost 1380 genesis crystals. So there will be things going forwards that can only be bought with genesis crystals.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there are also those bundles of resources you can buy on like weekly/patch basis that are genesis crystal-only. much better to save for a skin though, ofc

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sanctum posted:

Yeah 5 four star weapons and a duplicate. :v:

e: Being forced to gamble doesn't make me too keen on spending money (that might buy more worthless 4 star weapons.)

The game throws enough gems at you, via dailies and events, to get what you're looking for long-term as long as you're smart about saving and sniping the good deals. Welkins and the BP let you pay to have a bit more fun. Whaling is just paying to be disappointed on a grander scale.

I feel you on the early dupes and weapon pulls, though. I have duplicates of all the lovely 4* weapons that no one uses and most of those were early pulls when I desperately needed characters.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

No Wave posted:

Jean's skin next patch is rumored (confirmed?) to cost 1380 genesis crystals. So there will be things going forwards that can only be bought with genesis crystals.

According to the JP twitter, the skin will cost 1350 crystals for a limited time, after which it will cost 1680 crystals.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My stupid question is can you buy the skin without owning Jean. If you could and got a free Jean to use it with I'd buy it. But I'm assuming there's no way they'd do that.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Anyone ever use any third party Crystal Top Up site, or are they all scams?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Bloody Emissary posted:

the skin will cost 1350 crystals for a limited time, after which it will cost 1680 crystals.

Jesus...and here I was hoping they could be purchased with some form of glitter.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My stupid question is can you buy the skin without owning Jean. If you could and got a free Jean to use it with I'd buy it. But I'm assuming there's no way they'd do that.

i don't see why they'd stop people from giving them money in this case, the costume could just go to your cosmetics inventory and it wouldn't be usable until you pulled Jean. but really just depends on their chosen implementation. i'm doubtful the costume would come with a Jean though, that just seems too good.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I can't really imagine a universe in which they are not scams. Is there even a way to add crystals to an account outside of an in-game purchase?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sexual Aluminum posted:

They are all scams and what's more could get your account banned.

Best case is Mihoyo takes back the bought crystals from your primogem stock (because the third party did a chargeback). Yes, this can leave you in the negatives.

Edit:

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 30, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're not giving away a ssr and a costume for 25 bucks before year 2

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I'm used to Path of Exile skin prices which run ~40$ for normal sets and ~80$ for thematically "combined" sets, so this price doesn't sound so bad.
It would obviously be better as a generic "summer beach outfit" that could be applied to any character, but there's no way we'd get something like that for 1350/1680 crys.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

In what universe would they be anything but scams? You can't buy other people gems

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xun posted:

In what universe would they be anything but scams? You can't buy other people gems

Technically you can, but only if you log into their account and use your credit card.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You actually can, unfortunately. A lot of Genshin streamers got mysteriously gifted primo's during play because of some weird program that only needs your UID.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Tarezax posted:

They are all scams and what's more could get your account banned.

Best case is Mihoyo takes back the bought crystals from your primogem stock (because the third party did a chargeback). Yes, this can leave you in the negatives.

Edit:

From my understanding, if MiHoYo gets a chargeback they put you in the negatives and give you 1 week to get it at or above 0. If it's still negative at the end of the week, your account gets banned.

All those 3rd party sites take your money and buy you primogems with stolen credit card info, which gets charged back within a day or two, and then you are out money and about to have your account banned, unless you spend a ton more (because you just spent all those primos on pixels)

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I wish this kind of luck would manifest itself when wishing instead so I could stop losing 50/50 every time:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

has anybody theorycrafted a best usage for your adepticoins at max trust rank?

i planned on just always dumping it into artifact xp since theres other sources for all the other mats

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Resin first of course, then probably mora, but you can't buy everything so really just prioritize what you need most probably. I'm going xp books because I'm leveling eula and diona both from scratch.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hexel posted:

Resin followed by mora followed by artifacts.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hexel posted:

i planned on just always dumping it into artifact xp since theres other sources for all the other mats

Resin first then whatever you need. If you need everything, then take artifact XP last. It's better to run a domain and have a chance of getting a good artifact rather than run a leyline.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've got just about all the blueprints now, do the walls and floor ones also give you a boost in Trust rank when you make them? Otherwise I'll just start saving to buy the XP books and weapon crystals in the shop instead.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

No Wave posted:

Definitely complaining about this in the next survey like why can't I use the currency I get from c6+ dupes

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SirKibbles posted:

Definitely complaining about this in the next survey like why can't I use the currency I get from c6+ dupes

Good point, c7 jean should give you the skin :P

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

constellations beyond c6 unlocking skins would certainly be one way to make them feel like less of a waste

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The hardest level of the noblesse/bloodstained place is a nightmare. I think they fixed the abyss mage aggro because now all three aggro no matter what you do whereas before you could activate the fight and run to the side and only get two of them. Two frost and one fire mage with that homing fire explosion thing absolutely wrecked me.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Stare-Out posted:

The hardest level of the noblesse/bloodstained place is a nightmare. I think they fixed the abyss mage aggro because now all three aggro no matter what you do whereas before you could activate the fight and run to the side and only get two of them. Two frost and one fire mage with that homing fire explosion thing absolutely wrecked me.

It's water and frost. Two frost would be better since they couldn't freeze you.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AG3 posted:

I wish this kind of luck would manifest itself when wishing instead so I could stop losing 50/50 every time:

oh my god it's beautiful

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Clarste posted:

It's water and frost. Two frost would be better since they couldn't freeze you.

Yeah sorry, that's the one. I confused it with the level 80 one. It sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

you can run near the far left corner (vid), all three mages will teleport in front of you, and some anemo skills/bursts should instantly swirl away most of the shields. can still be dangerous if your damage is low enough they start dancin, but it's one of the fastest domains once you work out the kinks.