Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I like the mega whopperflower boss fight because it's fun and quick and doesn't wear out its welcome on the mechanics it does have, but most of all because you get a big chunk of event currency from killing it instead of just hunting for specific conditions to fulfill (unlike the awful ruin boss fight capping the previous event).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

No Wave posted:

The R5 sword is a huge upgrade for Albedo. I went from 17.5k crits with resonance+shield to 20.5k (similar crit rate). If I ever finish farming this set 25k won't be out of the question.

it's shocking how much better he is than he was 3 weeks ago. removing the HP threshold of the harbinger opens him up to so many teams. eating my words, but I don't even hate his burst any more, the 125 EM is great for pyro teams

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i got yanfei to friendship 10 the hard way without learning exactly what the seals do. if i had to guess it's they each lower stamina of charged shots 25% so at 4 you get an attack for free but otherwise go gently caress yourself. i don't think they really go down if you use a charged though so it might not be that at all. i'd guess you get them on crits, or at least refunded on crits. i have no idea really. also you get a lot for bursting. maybe 2 for using ability? its cool to b e stupid.

she did a good job in mondstadt talent domain but i will probably never use again.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

kater posted:

i got yanfei to friendship 10 the hard way without learning exactly what the seals do. if i had to guess it's they each lower stamina of charged shots 25% so at 4 you get an attack for free but otherwise go gently caress yourself. i don't think they really go down if you use a charged though so it might not be that at all. i'd guess you get them on crits, or at least refunded on crits. i have no idea really. also you get a lot for bursting. maybe 2 for using ability? its cool to b e stupid.

Having seals adds extra damage to Yanfei's next charged attack, more seals = more damage added on. Her C1 is what does that thing you said, as an additional effect.

Yanfei gets a seal when she lands a hit with a normal attack. Using her skill gives her seals up to her current maximum. Using her burst also gives her seals up to her current maximum, plus she gets one automatically every second for as long as the burst's buff lasts. That's it.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Sanctum posted:

Jump to dodge?

Yeah, you might be wasting stamina by running around when you only really need to make a small movement. If you're in the middle of an attack, jump-cancelling in the direction you want to go might be better than dashing.

...I was going to make a longer post about how good jump cancelling is, but then I realized stamina management isn't really a thing anymore. Everyone uses shields or super armor+healing nowadays. If you want to practice anyway, dodging lightning in the the Liyue weapon domain is good training. At least it makes you look a bit fancy :v:

kater posted:

i got yanfei to friendship 10 the hard way without learning exactly what the seals do.

You spend them when you do a charge attack, and hey make your charge attacks do more damage/use less stamina. You get them by hitting with neutrals (1), your skill (max), or your burst (max, then 1 every once in a bit). The number that pops up when you do a charge attack is the amount you spent. It's not really worth consciously thinking about, even if you're interested in playing Yanfei. All you need to know is that all the double pyro hits make maintaining a hydro aura kind of annoying if you don't have C6 Xingqiu, so you gotta do some neutrals.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

Having seals adds extra damage to Yanfei's next charged attack, more seals = more damage added on. Her C1 is what does that thing you said, as an additional effect.

Yanfei has a base 15% stamina cost reduction per seal, her C1 boosts it to 25%.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It really doesn't help that her Charge attack is slow, and target the ground where it hits. It only hits the rift hounds 1/3 of the time and only hits specters in very particular situations. Her fire attacks also lack the degree of honing ability of Kokomi or Ningguang, which means even when the game does target what you want, and moving enemy can still dodge it.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

kittenchops posted:

Did I miss a story event where Amber and Eula got married or was that in the manga?

It's partially more about their existing canonical connection through Ambers grandpa and their history together.
It doesn't come up frequently, but Ambers grandpa is fairly important to her profile backstory. It's been previously hinted at with her, since she always reacts very touched around people that have lost kin as well (Joel, the traveler, et cetera). Before this event it wasn't directly mentioned outside of her profile description though and they hadn't really spelled it out for those that don't grind friendship levels with her.
Eulas backstory mentions Ambers grandpa as well, since he was the person to take in and mentor Eula when she was starting to feel at odds with her own family history.
They are both fairly invested in searching for him.

So the two of them go back further than their time in the knights.

They are more found family than anything, but it's probably never really going to go too much into it and apparently a lot of fans like the ship.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 2, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Also they are married.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh it's neat they go back to that kid who's dad went missing.

But what's up with the popup introducing Eula? That's never happened before.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They do that whenever it's a character's first appearance in a main story/event quest. We only ever saw Eula in her personal quest previously.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So it happened for like Jean and Zhongli and Raiden and so on? I somehow completely do not remember that.

Speaking of character moments, how often have they been releasing character quests/hangouts? Just wondering how the pace matches vs. character releases.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
No, they just started doing it in the 2.X patches, for characters who have been in the game a while but never actually showed up in the main story.
Chongyun got an intro card in the moonlight merriment event and I believe Xinyan got one in the Shiki Taishou event (or maybe hers was the moonlight merrimiment event too). Those two plus Eula are all characters you you wouldn't even know existed if you didn't roll them in the gacha even if you played 100% of the mainline story content (if you ignore story quests / hangouts, and don't read online discussion).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There's actually a lot of characters who've never appeared in the Archon quest. Xingqiu and Xiangling notably. Their story quests are offered early in the game, I forget if you have to do them in order to do later ones. If so, then you have to meet them eventually.

In fact, only about half of the 4*s have showed up in Archon quests. Pretty much just the free Mondstadters, Razor and Rosaria (briefly), Ning, Beidou, and the Inazumans.

Come to think of it, plenty of 5*s don't either, like Hu Tao, Albedo, and Klee. Now I have no idea what the criteria are for those intro cards. I would assume not being part of any previous event or Archon quest, but Hu Tao wasn't in any and I don't think she got one during Moonchase.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Unrelated, but good lord, rifthounds have the worst physics of any enemy I've ever encountered in any game. How does this game manage to do such brilliant and godawful things at the same time?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

dogsicle posted:

no issue getting a spread of drops in the new domain, they just all suck

When I finally pull Qiqi she's going to get a lot of use out of the crit gear that's worthless on Kokomi.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

gandlethorpe posted:

Unrelated, but good lord, rifthounds have the worst physics of any enemy I've ever encountered in any game. How does this game manage to do such brilliant and godawful things at the same time?

I've hated them, but it didnt occour to me until now that they really do have the worst physics ever. This includes enemies without physics and unmovable huge bossblobs that force you to stare at their crotch pixels if you melee.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

i finally managed to pull eula. is qiqi at all usable with her or should i build up my c5 diona as well? im planning to use albedo and raiden on the team with them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Acerbatus posted:

So it happened for like Jean and Zhongli and Raiden and so on? I somehow completely do not remember that.

Speaking of character moments, how often have they been releasing character quests/hangouts? Just wondering how the pace matches vs. character releases.
I don't think it happens during archon quests and character story quests. The first time I ever saw it was for Bennett during Windblume, so it may have been a new feature then, but I think it's an event-only pop-up for characters you haven't met before (not counting hangouts for some reason).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 2, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Risutora posted:

i finally managed to pull eula. is qiqi at all usable with her or should i build up my c5 diona as well? im planning to use albedo and raiden on the team with them.

Eula really wants energy generation and Qiqi generates literally 0 energy

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

I don't think it happens during archon quests and character story quests. The first time I ever saw it was for Bennett during Windblume, so it may have been a new feature then, but I think it's an event-only pop-up for characters you haven't met before (not counting hangouts for some reason).
It's interesting you mention Bennett popping up for you, because I got a Bennett pop-up during the dragonspine event this week (and I wasn't playing during Windblume), so your theory seems pretty sound here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Risutora posted:

I'd say Diona because her skill comes back around much faster than Qiqi's. Especially if she has a favonius or sacrificial bow.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

I could see Qiqi being better than Diona now for Eula if Raiden is also in the team. She definitely contributes more damage with the new artifact set, but provides less energy for Eula and also needs a lot of energy herself.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Andrast posted:

Eula really wants energy generation and Qiqi generates literally 0 energy

RareAcumen posted:

I'd say Diona because her skill comes back around much faster than Qiqi's. Especially if she has a favonius or sacrificial bow.

yea, thats pretty much what i though. its back to the box with you qiqi…

can diona heal enough to make use of the new set?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Diona has pretty low healing, imo the worst healing for a healer by a pretty good margin. I'm just keeping noblesse on her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad this confirms that it wasn't just bad me being bad at fighting Specters and they needed a nerf. I always got hit no matter how much I tried to dodge their attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wTu64-VLCY

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 2, 2021

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Hangouts don't count (guess they're not canon) but the character quests (the other things you unlock with keys) do. So the person who got the Eula pop-up probably hasn't done her character quest.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Risutora posted:

Diona is better with this specific comp, BUT Albedo is pretty meh on this team, with no geo resonance or Zhong geo shred. If you replace him with Rosaria, Rosa+Raiden can fund both Eula and Qiqi, and her superconducted bubble pops actually do decent damage. Both Beidou+Diona and Rosaria+Qiqi seem better than Albedo to me.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

AshtonDragon posted:

I could see Qiqi being better than Diona now for Eula if Raiden is also in the team. She definitely contributes more damage with the new artifact set, but provides less energy for Eula and also needs a lot of energy herself.

I mean, if you have Raiden, you can go Rosaria instead for the crit rate transfer to Eula.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

MoonCrab posted:

Diona is better with this specific comp, BUT Albedo is pretty meh on this team, with no geo resonance or Zhong geo shred. If you replace him with Rosaria, Rosa+Raiden can fund both Eula and Qiqi, and her superconducted bubble pops actually do decent damage. Both Beidou+Diona and Rosaria+Qiqi seem better than Albedo to me.

but i want to use best boy al (also my resources are real low so building 3 chars from scratch is going to a while)

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Risutora posted:

but i want to use best boy al (also my resources are real low so building 3 chars from scratch is going to a while)

I’m rolling with Eula/Diona/Ning/Albedo and destroying everything. Eventually I might replace Diona/Ning for rosaria/Noelle tho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

soon you can run Albedo/Yunjin

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

berenzen posted:

I mean, if you have Raiden, you can go Rosaria instead for the crit rate transfer to Eula.

You can include her, too. Basically comparing Eula/Raiden/Rosaria/Qiqi to Eula/Fischl/Beidou/Diona.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Just got my 36 stars in the abyss. That wasn't so bad, definitely less painful than the previous one. It's just hilarious how anti-Eula it is. She has a miserable time trying to land hits on the rifthounds and not die while getting her burst to go off.

That triple magoo fight had a weird feel to it. The first time through, they grouped up and I got an easy 3 stars. On following runs, they spread out all over the room, and if I tried rushing them at the start they would annihilate me with coordinated wind blade attacks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Maxwell Adams posted:

It's just hilarious how anti-Eula it is. She has a miserable time trying to land hits on the rifthounds and not die while getting her burst to go off.

It's kind of anti-anything not Electro or Geo. Those things have so much hp and resistance on top of their terrible targeting mechanics. My freeze side gets no benefit from the blessing or the rifthound berserk phase. I'm struggling to get the last star, but I also refuse to switch up my teams until I've tried it with halfway decent buffs first. Hell, I might even do my first A6 ascension if I'm desperate enough.

Xiao havers out there, am I correct in assuming it's a horrible time for him? Seems like a perfect storm of everything he hates facing.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Risutora posted:

I think we need to start asking what are you building the team for whenever someone asks for team building advice.

Still early-ish game and running around doing stuff around the world? Run whatever you want that makes any sense, pretty much.

Looking for advice to wreck HP bags quickly in the abyss? Yeah, all the advice about just Qiqi not being the best for Eula is correct.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Looking for advice to wreck HP bags quickly in the abyss? Yeah, all the advice about just Qiqi not being the best for Eula is correct.

That advice is a little outdated now that Qiqi is a pretty legit physical sub-dps when paired with Rosa. Remember that superconduct increases bubble pop damage by a decent amount. Qiqi+Rosa+Raiden is a good core that can work with almost any physical dps, or at least it will be, when they release a few more. You can even run tenacity on Raiden and Noblesse on Rosa for the full 40% attack bost with effectively 100% uptime for both the DPS and Qiqi's heals

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

It's kind of anti-anything not Electro or Geo. Those things have so much hp and resistance on top of their terrible targeting mechanics. My freeze side gets no benefit from the blessing or the rifthound berserk phase. I'm struggling to get the last star, but I also refuse to switch up my teams until I've tried it with halfway decent buffs first. Hell, I might even do my first A6 ascension if I'm desperate enough.

Xiao havers out there, am I correct in assuming it's a horrible time for him? Seems like a perfect storm of everything he hates facing.

Don't have him but I cleared the abyss on a friends account using him. It's the same deal as with non buffed geovishaps, every plunge stuns and pushes back the non pissed dogs so you need to get them close together then face one of them in a way that the other is right behind him and start plunging. This way you get full ult off on both of them without them ever doing anything, you just need to move slightly forward after every plunge.

I used him vs the electro dogs as ZL and albedo would piss the geo ones off.

edit:
it kinda looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9sCA79RqY4&t=285s

It took me quite a few tries to get a decent run so I would not use him if I had better options

AParadox fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 2, 2021

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

MoonCrab posted:

That advice is a little outdated now that Qiqi is a pretty legit physical sub-dps when paired with Rosa. Remember that superconduct increases bubble pop damage by a decent amount. Qiqi+Rosa+Raiden is a good core that can work with almost any physical dps, or at least it will be, when they release a few more. You can even run tenacity on Raiden and Noblesse on Rosa for the full 40% attack bost with effectively 100% uptime for both the DPS and Qiqi's heals

That's why I said "just Qiqi." Qiqi and Eula can be good with the right supports, but the person above mentioned not wanting to build too many new characters from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I’m rolling with Eula/Diona/Ning/Albedo and destroying everything. Eventually I might replace Diona/Ning for rosaria/Noelle tho

Double DPS builds are fun. When you need to up your total DPS then you can look into the meta. Until then, enjoy