Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Game plays like a dream on PS5; solid 60FPS.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So, Stringless or Rust for Childe?

Stringless won't affect his melee damage, so not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
It's intentional.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I know that if I could roll on a specific 5* weapon then there are some I'd rather have than a 5* character. The gravestone comes to mind. The problem is that that's not how the weapon banner works.

If you look under details, there's this blurb:

What this means is let's say you're rolling on the current banner, which has Skyward Harp and Memory of Dust, and let's say you just got childe and you want the harp, because it's bis for him. You pull out your credit card, and your rolls, excluding the random junk, are: 70 pulls, pity 5* that isn't either of them. 78 pulls, pity Dust. Another 145 pulls and you have another different 5* and another Dust. You can repeat this cycle forever. You cannot guarantee a specific weapon because of the rules. This is why you shouldn't roll on the weapon banners unless you want the 4* weapons. The last banner had Sacrificial weapons, and they were really great. I rolled a couple of times to get a sword for XQ because getting a reset on his e is amazing. On this banner, Rust is Childe's runner up bis, and if you roll enough you've got a pretty okay shot at getting it.

Do not roll on weapon banners for getting 5* weapons. This exact thing has broken even streamers. People who get paid to do this don't do it because they aren't making enough money back for the big moment. The reason MTashed threw his big fit and went F2P and swore off of gacha was because he was rolling for a specific 5* weapon on the last banner, I believe it was the claymore, and after $10k or so he still didn't have one.

We're not being assholes or prioritizing waifus or whatever by telling people to forget the 5* weapons exist. We're warning you that 5* weapons are a level beyond even a whale's game. They're leviathan tier bullshit, do not waste your money on chasing them. If you wanna spend some pulls to get 4* weapons with the expectation that you will eventually get a random 5* weapon, then yeah, go for it. But go in knowing how it works.

I vouch for this. Learned it the hard way going for the claymore last banner... I knew the odds and still did it...

5* #1 - Jade Spear (not even rank up)
5* #2 - Lost Prayer
5* #3 - Wolf's Gravestone (thankfully)

I have a few regrets about doing that... :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
162 shards, day 1 complete; I hope the shard farming doesn't stay the whole way through because it takes forever x.x

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Boris Galerkin posted:

Except I’m assuming she has actual powers since she’s a playable character but I don’t think the player has actually seen any of it in-game story wise.

Uh, the bird is part of her powers, so... :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

No Wave posted:

Diluc players generally spec him for pyro. I think much more than half of his total damage should come from pyro given that his ult has a 12 second CD and his normals deal pyro damage for 8 seconds afterwards - combined with his E + ult I'd imagine he's at least 2/3ds pyro.

Goes up to 12 seconds at 4th ascension too. Lots of fire.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
There are times when I'm tempted to drop Diluc for a bit at least in overworld but when I try it I feel so slow...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Some Numbers posted:

How do you guys have enough rep to get the Treasure Compasses this early?

Was already level 3 from all the stuff they gave credit for on launch of the rep system, so just doing Liyue bounties/requests since then.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Hyper Inferno posted:

Has anyone had additional experience regarding the multiplayer account hack thing where players can hi-jack accounts by joining co-op worlds? A little hesitant to do the co-op meteor event because of it and just did some single player runs earlier.

There's no such thing. There are just a bunch of idiots spreading it around due to coincidences.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Corla Plankun posted:

I have been kicked from falling star twice immediately after finishing before I can loot. Is this just something that happens or am I so bad that people are actually upset with me? If it's the latter, what should I be bringing?

It's just people being stupid and ejecting too fast. To be fair, the last event didn't care as you could still claim rewards afterwards.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

notmetalenough posted:

Is there an audit trail on primogems? I swear that if I turn off my PS4 with my character logged in, when I play the next day I don't get my daily 90 primos from the store thing. It thinks it already gave it to me and no amount of logging out/logging back in will convince it otherwise.

Anyone else had this happen?

The graphic doesn't display but you do get your gems; I had the same problem if I rest mode the PS and wake it up with the game still going, but I wrote down my gem total one night and compared to the morning and it was still higher.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ytlaya posted:

Does elemental resistance just affect damage taken by that element?

Yes, what else could it do?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
No, there's no evidence of an exploit beyond the fact that somehow they're unlinking emails without a confirmation.

That's the only issue we know for sure is happening.

There are tons of bullshit theories about accounts being stolen from co-op but with not even a single shred of evidence.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Basic things like linking phone number absolutely. There's no harm and it could only help.

Silly things like "don't co-op or they'll steal your account" less so :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Framboise posted:

Also, I thought linking phone number was bad because mihoyo didn't keep that secure and anyone could look it up.

Pretty sure that was fixed already.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mistikman posted:

That said, there are plenty of people reporting getting their accounts stolen who were a lot more secure in that respect

Supposedly.

Sarsapariller posted:

That's so weird- what's the profit motive behind stealing a single player account? Is there some kind of trade function between players that I don't know about? I feel like the only thing you could do would be to sell the account itself.

They sell the account.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know how scams work either, I imagine they try getting in anywhere they can and hoping that the entire PS4 account can be hacked and the passwords are all the same.

Those of us playing on PS4/PS5 can't have our Genshin accounts stolen at all, because they can't be linked to the website like PC/Mobile so there is no user/password to guess. They are solely tied to the PSN account.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
No, pity never goes way.

You'll never take more than 90 pulls to get a 5* on the featured banner, and if your first 5* isn't the featured one, you're guaranteed to get them the next time you pull a 5*

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
lol 20 pulls later:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kata-Haro posted:

First 10-pull of the banner

Yeah ok, I'm done with this. It's all downhill from here.

I wish I had your roll; I still don't have Qiqi :/

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ashenai posted:

Oops, I meant crystals. It'd take 2970 crystals.

80 -> 90 is 3,714,775 xp, which is 372 ores, two of them is 744 ores, x4 is 2976 crystals.

Oof; and here I thought I was building up a decent pile of weapon xp for the future... I better start farming crystals again before I hit 50...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I am constantly grateful that I'm playing on PlayStation and can't have my Genshin account stolen... They're not great at support...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ashenai posted:

That's overstating it a lot. The lowest XP mat is 1000 XP, which is around 10 mob kills maybe, depending on your WL.

It's still not worth farming mobs for XP, but if they were worth even just 5 times as much then it absolutely would be.

And that's understating it a lot. Mob kills aren't worth 100xp

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

shimmy shimmy posted:

https://mapgenie.io/genshin-impact/maps/teyvat?locationIds=50666

the answer to 'was this chest here before' is always yes, but the easiest way to confirm is just to look at the interactive map and see the actual chest. if it's not on there then you've found a new one. if it's on there then someone else has found it before, and it would be fairly big news if someone found a chest at this point in the game's lifecycle since it would prove that chests were being added.

e: I'm continually amazed how apparently bad I am at finding chests, considering I thought I was pretty good before I got the compass. I was 25 away from the max chest achievement in mondstadt and liyue and still the number of them that I found in completely obvious spots that I just missed is incredible.

This is wrong. Mihoyo has added new chests in updates. There were something like 7 added in 1.1, including an entirely new pillar puzzle in Liyue.

It's not a huge number, and I wouldn't expect it to be a super common occurrence, but it is a thing.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
There's a crate right next to it you can jump onto and then jump down to the boat

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Heran Bago posted:

I was able to redeem all three on EU.

5KVeIbSxDUU

G3tQq6TOqmE

eATDgIXLD56

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

For those of us on console, these are not case sensitive, so you don't need to spend time flipping back and forth. (No clue if they're case-sensitive on the website or not but I can't redeem them there to see)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You eventually unlock the ability to lower world level by 1.... at WL5 / AR40.

I am so glad I checked this thread again... I have been having so many issues with some bosses after raising WL at AR50 (took a big break after Dragonspine)

Dropping WL back down 1 has saved my enjoyment :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Curious for thoughts on a party update; my go-to group is Diluc, Jean, Fischl (C6), and Childe (C1), but I regularly hate not having a Cryo in the party (electric fatui, certain abyss mages, etc)

I was thinking of dropping Childe for one but I'm not sure who would be best (or if swapping him out would be a bad call)...

Available Cryos: Ayaka C0, Chongyun C6, Ganyu C0, Diona C4, Kaeya C2, Qiqi C0 (none of them leveled terribly high at the moment)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I started a break shortly after Dragonspine came out, so my cursed sword is only partially refined; has there been any chance since then to update that, or might it come around again later?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Oh nice, I'm glad the initial info about account linking was a little off... Prior to 2.0 I was reading up on it and it sounded like if you'd ever played on PSN you just couldn't link at all, but it turns out you just have to create a fresh mihoyo account to be able to do cross-save.

Tried it out today and it all worked great.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Are you saying you managed to get your PC account linked to be playable on PSN? Because I've had this same issue where I tried the PS5 version once so I thought I was screwed from ever using my PC account on console.

No, other way around; I've never really played it on PC, only on PS. I just ignored the account I'd created for PC before that has barely any progress and created a new account for the linking.

According to their docs, if you're looking to go the other way and have logged into GI on PSN then you're SOL on that PSN account.

I don't think there's a fix for your case :/

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mailer posted:

I've never touched it on PSN, though I'd like to if for no other reason than early Aloy and enabling remote play. After reading those docs I'm not sure if I'd break my entire account by doing whatever linking is involved.

You should be fine. The first time you open Genshin on PS there's a one-time option to enter your account info to link, after which point it auto-creates a new account and can never be linked to your existing account again. (Q4 on the linked page)

So the worst case should be "welp I can't link my PSN account anymore" as opposed to "well poo poo my progress is gone" - I get the feeling they went this route instead of allowing overriding explicitly to prevent losing progress by someone hitting the wrong button.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Bleh, I still need to do a bunch of farming on the damned mechanical array. Thankfully I unlocked the waypoint/domain down there last night for easier travel.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
https://news.qoo-app.com/en/post/33195

If other info I see is right, honkai only gave ~10 pulls too (google result showed 2800 crystals for 10 pulls)

Reddit gonna reddit

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

reruns are a myth
you can't convince me that genshin will ever do them

Didn't they just do a Venti rerun 4-5 months ago?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Fun fact: she's really good for the parametric transformer because her dash counts so you can just tap dash over and over to fill it :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kale posted:

Yeah but i have to be there in front of my ps4 and remember about the codes in order to do that though. Setting a reminder on my phone to check for when i get home.

Setup cross-save and you can redeem from any platform

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

No Wave posted:

I think azhdaha is the worst fight in the game by a lot, even worse than stormterror. It's just so bad.

I've been afraid to try the real fight... I had to turn down my WL to beat the quest version...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

AG3 posted:

Dilucs main drawback for me is the fact that he sets the grass on fire and burns himself to death unless I have Barbara in the team to put out the fire he set himself on, and 99% of the world in Genshin is covered in grass.

He absolutely is solid through and through, I just stopped using him because I got bored of his playstyle since he was my carry from like AR 15 to AR 50.

Super accurate post. Diluc is great for general use, but his biggest weakness is burning to death ever since they buffed self-burn way back when. Makes you have to move around a lot more than before if you light a large area on fire :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

AParadox posted:

Maybe its the people from honkai complaining, since they are quite a bit more generous there.

Were they though? Admittedly I don't play Honkai so I might be misunderstanding something but https://news.qoo-app.com/en/post/33195 seems to indicate that the 1st anniversary gave about as many pulls as they're giving us.