Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Jesus Christ I'm just getting completely wrecked by these 3 floating idiots on Clear Pool and Mountain Cavern. I'm another "just hit AR 40" player, but thanks to advice in this thread I've got the "haha you thought you could use fire here? die!" domain down so I can start farming the Lava Witch artifacts.

But Clear Pool, just insta-dying, with a Diluc/Sucrose/Bennett/Rosaria. The only Geos I have are an unlevelled Ningguang and the protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Garrand posted:

I had to look that up because I don't think anyone knows the actual names of the domains. I just call it the Noblesse dungeon.
Thank you! Yeah I've got Sucrose but I don't have any constellations on her yet, but I do have SacFrags. I think the issue I was running into is that the cryo dudes sat on top of each other and then the pyro guy tp'd a mile away from either of them, so there weren't really any opportunities to get the kind of cross-element swirling I was hoping for. I'll probably just cheese it by getting everyone's Bursts ready to go before trying it again and see what I can do.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Okay now I'm on that Diluc/Bennett/Xingqiu/Chongyun bullshit, and even with the last 3 barely being into their first ascension while my Diluc is level 75, holy poo poo stuff dies fast and good.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

This conversation blessed my pulls. Tonight I took my Bennett to c4 and Rosaria to c6, and then got a Diluc (to c2) not 2 pulls after Rosaria. Good stuff folks.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Boba Pearl posted:

I am 2 pulls away from a pity 4* on the character banner, and I have 16 pulls saved up, but I wanted to pull for Ningguang on the next banner. How important is Bennets C1? I'm starting to crack as everyone tells me how good Bennet is, so I'm wondering if I should put in the extra pulls to see if I get his C1
It gives you some more consistency on the ATK buff for his Burst (by making it apply without the HP threshold), while also adding a big chunk of ATK scaling to it that makes him even more insane right out of the gate (20% more ATK to the ratio, additive). For reference:
Rank 1 Burst: 56% of Bennett's (character + weapon) ATK added to any ally in the AoE above 70% HP
Rank 1 c1 Burst: 76% of his ATK, to any ally, regardless of HP

All the way up to Rank 14 Burst: 126% without c1, 146% with c1.

So it's almost half-again as powerful at low ranks with the c1, and way more useful overall in fights where you might be needing the heal as much as the ATK buff. Pull! Pull!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ytlaya posted:

When are they going to put Amber/Kaeya/Lisa on a banner?

I wonder if they're purposefully ignoring that just to keep a subset of whales spending on the standard banner.
Putting Amber on a banner is begging people to not pull on it

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I like that the player housing is both long-term rewarding outside of housing (what with having the big xp purchases locked behind trust 8), and they just...didn't F2P it fully. You can spend an item to rush construction of furnishings but you can't buy those with real money (which would be a prime F2P cash-sink), just with the currency that you use to unlock other furnishings. It's nice!

Also I have a giant mansion full of cats and a beach owned by a dog pack. Good game.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The Traveler is a soul-eater and every character you swap to is a hungry ghost

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm two wishes away from an event banner pity and the next 5* I want is two banners from now. I look forward to either caving miserably and then having to push through to hit another pity, or throwing an absurd number of wishes down on that double-electro banner.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It doesn't help that my last 2 pulls were 2 Ningguangs in a row (taking her to c5), which is even more than I was hoping for (I wanted 1 more of her off the banner in general), and I'm terrified of what that's done to my luck for the future.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RareAcumen posted:

I only went to Floor 6 Chamber 3 in the Abyss and I never bothered beyond that and good luck making me care to try further.
Same! Someday I'll have two full parties, but it's not today.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

End of this event is odd, just the same fight every time. TONS of rewards though wow was not expecting a million mora.
The end of the event is super weird because I killed the boss twice before I realized, oh no it's actually dead and respawned, it's not bugging out and kicking me back to the beginning. The only way you can even tell you got it is quick-menu to the events/inventory tabs.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bussamove posted:

Something is bugging out for you regardless because there’s definitely a splash screen showing how much currency you got and challenge again/exit buttons.
Hell yeah, speedrunner mode unlocked.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Am I correct in thinking that AR45 and undergeared for these top-tier domains is going to be the weakest I ever feel in this game? Because right now god I just get absolutely slaughtered trying to get a good (or any!) 5* Petra set for Ningguang, or Flame Witch for Diluc. I can at least reliably clear the Noblesse domain. Current roster is 80 Diluc / Bennett/ Rosaria / Sucrose, with a Ningguang waiting for me to hit BP 30 and get her that sick catalyst.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

Correct. Imo those are the two hardest domains to do underleveled as well (noblesse is tough too, but there are tricks). If you have an anemo to level the venerer domain is nice and easy.
Ah, good to know! I've got a c0, unlevelled Kazuha I should probably do something with, so Venerer might be my next stop.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Yup, newly-unlocked AR45 domains are the biggest difficulty spike. Do them in co-op for a while until your teams get up to snuff.
Had not even considered co-op. I should probably do against-type for them because so many people will be going "wow I like Diluc I should use him in the Fire Witch domain" right, so at least one of us is useful?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The part in Yoimiya's story where you have to run errands for a little old couple was cute but also I spent the entire time saying "gently caress you stop wasting my time, I've killed gods" to my monitor while I was delivering pickled radish and poo poo.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Honestly wish we could all come clean on how much we've spent on the waifu/husubando game.
I've spent $50 on this game but I spent high 3 figures on Marvel Heroes so I feel like my soul is already blackened with that sin

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm very mad about the Maguu Kenki, specifically that they designed a boss who can backflip out of his arena and reset the entire encounter. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Canopus250 posted:

I've had the new pyro hypostasis just roll out far enough and did it both times I've faced it solo. The other time I tried it coop with a bud and it bugged out and never did the second phase where you hit the flames. So it's real loving cool being 0/3 on actually being able to kill it.
The first time MK hosed me on that was during a sidequest where he's in a different arena, and he did it twice in a row. He's only done it once while I'm farming up Kazuha mats, but 3 times total is still way too many times to have a fight undone by bad QA.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Upcoming Starglitter shop characters are Noelle and Beidou, as expected. Double C6, here I come! :getin:
Aww drat, that means I need to scrimp and save so the month after that I can get my C6 Ningguang, doesn't it

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

hey remember vagabond sword? also we're selling a healer burst DPS

https://twitter.com/Genshin_Intel/status/1421882820197191686?s=20
"If your main DPS is Diluc or Razor you should gently caress yourself forever until you are dead" - Mihoyo

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Wow, add me to the pile of people saying "gently caress having a long unskippable cutscene in front of a boss fight"

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd already heard you couldn't win vs baal so I let her kill me, only to discover that I wasn't supposed to lose, I just wasn't allowed to win. then you get hit with the cutscene again and it's like drat, that sucks
It's extremely unchill. But hey it's done now, and the prims from that quest got me C6 Ningguang on my pull. Thanks banner!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Whoever designed the furnace capstone defense must really hate the players on a personal level, is my takeaway from just finishing Tatara Tales

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I simultaneously hold the thoughts "well have I really invested in a character until they're c6" and "5*s are probably better than 4*s so I should save my crowns for them" which, together, ensure that I will probably not use any of my crowns any time soon, or ever. Or even the trounce domain boss talent materials.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

I feel differently. I like the idea of crowning 4 stars more because I'll be hitting talent level 13 - crowning anything besides normals on a 5 star feels bad because I know people can go three levels past that by paying.
No see your way makes more sense from a logic and reality-based standpoint, I acknowledge I'm a crazy person here.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I shouldn't complain about getting a random 5* but man, it kinda blows getting a duplicate Qiqi off of an Acquaint Fate (and it wasn't even a pity! I think!). Either give me a new 5* or like. even a new 4*. But c1 of someone who's only in my party when I need to go Liyue harvesting, ehhhhh

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ytlaya posted:

Never know when there might be some healer that scales off of defense at some point!
:twisted: Noelle's Skill heal does

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I want Ningguang to be my main DPS but I don't have a Zhongli. The only other Geo I have is Noelle.

What should I do for a team? I also have:
Diluc c2
Bennett c5
Rosaria c6
Kazuha
Ayaka
Xingqiu c2
Yanfei c2
Sucrose
Barbara
Beidou c5
Chongyun c2
Diona c1
Fischl c4
Qiqi c1
Tartaglia
Xiangling c3

So far I've been running Ning, Diluc, Bennett, Noelle to get the Pyro resonance ATK and the Geo resonance Geo RES debuff, and since Diluc is my other most-levelled character with the best weapon, he's a good backup when Ningguang runs into things that she can't easily blast through.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

That's good to know and great advice on team comps, thank you! I've probably been approaching the game weirdly, by mostly thinking "well a c6 (Rosaria or Ning at this point) is probably better than a c0 (amazingly good new 5*)"

Guess I gotta go farm up the mats for Ayaka and Kazuha then, and figure out how to get some good weapons---the only 4* swords I have are like, a Favonius, a Black Sword, a Lion's Roar, and a Flute, and no 5* weapons anywhere. So probably nothing good for either of them.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Xinyan is the bad one, right?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm pivoting my team to the Ayaka/Kazuha/Barbara/Rosaria that No Wave recommended earlier, and lemme just say: I need ten thousand Hero's Wits. I want them now. I feel like it's a huge waste of resources to spend Fragile Resin on Leylines. I assume I should just hoover up every quest on the map in the meantime?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Do you have the serentea pot? I find storing up my currency in the realm and spending it only when I have need of something really helps get through the dry spells. I've been spending it all on exp books since I decided to take 3 of my characters to 90 before Inazuma came out, because I'm dumb.
Yeah, I just hit trust rank 7 this morning so I'm almost at the point where I can start dumping currency into the leveling mats for artifacts etc. But mostly it's been a primogen bonanza with building all the places that make people give me gifts, which I'll take.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

also we have enough teenage pretty boys. Id like a swole guy. maybe the sumero archon will fill that niche too.

a big buff catalyst user who smashes monsters with his book. Id roll on that banner
Give me a Geo catalyst user who just picks up big rocks from nowhere and throws them at people. Charged attack is a big stomp. Pay me Mihoyo

Harrow posted:

I was thinking about different weapon types in the past but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather just see characters who use the existing weapon types in unique ways. Something like a melee catalyst user, who uses the catalyst to elementally-empower their hands and feet to fight unarmed, or someone who dual-wields swords (either just duplicating whatever sword they're equipped with, or conjuring a second elemental sword in their off-hand). Could even have a ranged claymore user, like GW2 does with greatsword-wielding Mesmers.
:hmmyes:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Since I've finished pulling on the character event banner, I threw 10 wishes at the weapon banner. And got c5 Fischl.

Didn't know you could get characters off of it. And honestly, I'd like a weapon more.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm interested in Gorou just because "Geo Bow" seems like a weird combo they could do some cool stuff with (like Tartaglia's semi-melee stance swap), even if he didn't really do anything exciting in the otherwise-incredibly-sick beach fight.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sanctum posted:

Yeah you're right. If I get ayaka I can think about crafting the new sword. I thought the iron sting was buffing the whole party but I'm probably seeing the buff icons for Kazuha's party-wide elemental mastery buff. Iron sting refinements add 1.5% dmg per stack so perhaps not worth consuming a prized sword billet. The prototype rancour refinements seem worthwhile but I have no one using it and I'm not sure who would.
This brings up a complaint, I wish there was better buff legibility in the game (or maybe there is and I'm just not seeing where to find it beyond parse-the-icon-on-your-bar-that's-barely-visible). I'm playing on a dang PC, let me pause and pull up a list of buffs on my people beyond "oh, Ningguang walked through her wall so now she has Up Arrows, which she didn't get before her a4."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I just wish there was a single catalyst user that felt as fun to play as half of the melees in the roster (esp. Diluc, Kazuha, Rosaria). Ningguang is the closest I think any of them come for me but even she's got the whole targeting problem.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

i thought people were mainly being conservative about how Kaz's ele buff would stack up against Sucrose's EM sharing post-buff rather than always assuming C6. and with the obvious caveat that Sucrose would only have that edge for reaction teams.

the big thing in practice ime, is just how amazing it is to have fairly strong CC on a 6-9s CD, further boosted by how much control you have on it vs Sucrose's burst.
The big thing that makes me happy to have Kaz over Sucrose now is that I'm never going to accidentally softball-pitch my burst at some random mook I wasn't even looking at, when playing Kaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

gandlethorpe posted:

Sayu is some blatant funcreep. It's incredible how bad Diona and Xinyan's trials are. Glad I got them over with first.
I had the exact same thought, it really felt like eating a whole plate of mediocre-bursting veggies to get a bite of delicious even-the-skill-is-good cake at the end.