Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Just started poking at this game.... there's like seventeen different currencies. It's giving me Warframe flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How long should I wait before I start enhancing my weapon? Obviously it would have been a waste to cram stuff into the super-early-game stuff...

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I apparently need 800 gems to make another set of Wishes, and I seem to be getting them 1 at a time. Is it just slow accumulation, or am I doing it wrong somehow?

Is it fine to pick Noelle as my first character to develop?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 20, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wow Lisa racist much?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've had this book goal to kill an abyss cryo mage for a while now. Is that something I'm going to run into in the course of the story, or is there somewhere I need to go?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Andrast posted:

Skip all characters

never pull

Broke: Beat the game without spending money
Woke: Beat the game without ever making a Wish

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

kater posted:

Oops I forgot to complain about the issue that has bothered me most this patch: electro crystals being generally hard to hit with claymores and also some characters taking way too many hits to break them. Poor Sayu does a full attack string per crystal if you don’t remember to spin2win.

Don't you hit electro crystals with a Pyro attack to explode them?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

They should add more weapon categories. Punchfists and dual-axes and staves.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I happen to pull Baal then she's my main and clearly superior to all others. If I don't then she isn't. Simple.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are pettable cats in?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dogsicle posted:

if you value sanity

I do not!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

padijun posted:

the most important things are weapon and artifact levels, then character levels and talents, though some characters unlock talents at level 60/70 that make a huge difference. it's ok if you don't have perfect artifact sets yet, just as long as they're the correct main stat for the crown/goblet/sands

What mainstats should I be going for on my Xiangling main?
(Supported by Sucrose, Bennett, and Chongyun)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In my experience if a boss is giving me grief I can dip into my stash of Good Food and whip them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kale posted:

It's basically like your summoning a facsimile homunculus version of the character via the wish system to fight alongside you in battle but the real character is still in their usual locations doing their own thing and unless they are in a cutscene are 100% separate from the traveler's journey and activities UNLESS they are trial character in which case they are treated as for real being there with the traveler.

I blame Paimon. Conjuring homunculi seems like something she'd do.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

I kind of feel for Chongyun, honestly? Dude is extremely good at running off ghosts but has no practical experience as an exorcist, so he can't contribute to the body of knowledge and if there's ever a ghost that isn't scared of him it's going to be, like, an end boss ghost he has no idea how to fight.

Bash it with a very large club, the same way he fights everything else.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Console exclusive at the moment, will be given to PC players at the next update.

She's 5*, but I'm told underwhelming.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 7, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do Arthur King Of Knights, get all the whales.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I was down for switching sides the moment I met my brother.

Wait! Take me with you!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm desperately trying to scrape together enough glitter before XQ leaves the store, so a banner would be very welcome.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mailer posted:

It's this guy! He's the one asking for plunge attacks! Let's kill him!

I just want plunging attacks to scale linearly with distance fallen. Let me glider off a mountain and plunge 600' to my instant death but take off half a boss's health bar at once.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That reminds me, do we ever get glider bombs again?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's the best way to maximise the number of koi I can get from the event fishing spots, keeping in mind the fifty fish daily limit? If there's no koi present do I just catch other random fish until one shows up?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

Today's fishing event quest

Today we followed a 'treasure hoarder' back to his camp because he found a fossil that we wanted. But he found it? He didn't steal it or anything, it was lying in some other rocks. We attacked him and his friends to "take back" something that didn't belong to us in the first place! But it's okay, because we labelled him as a treasure hoarder before we jumped out of the bushes

They were hoarding treasure that we wanted to have, making them treasure hoarders, meaning it was ok to take the treasure off them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Always be smashing artifacts. You'll abandon the artifact you levelled up eventually, but then you can feed it to your new artifact to get 80% of the xp back.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I solved the initial puzzle entirely on accident and only afterwards did I realize how it worked.

I never realise how puzzles work. I just do random stuff until a chest appears.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Please giev Xinqqui banner.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

'Gamers' no longer just means 'people who play games'. It is a specific subculture of overdramatic misogynistic CHUDs. There are plenty of people who play games but would recoil at self-identifying as a 'gamer', because of said subculture.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Remember that bishies were just made illegal in China.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't think anyone knows what it's supposed to mean at the moment. Including the chinese government.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm running Raiden with Xiangliang and Bennett as supports, plus Sucrose for 'blow poo poo the gently caress up' duty.

While Benny is intended to be support for me, he's surprisingly scrappy when other characters are down and he needs to finish things off / build charge for his ult to heal them.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 16, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

She's also remarkably stabby.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why is clear time for artifact domains so important when you can only do four runs a day anyway? 30 seconds vs 3 minutes is still a only a brief time.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've always felt that if you're at the 'marginal upgrades' portion of a forever-game it's time to go play sonething else for six months while more content gets patched in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

its not ruining my life im just not sure how being able to save 40 seconds of my life would make genshin impact a poo poo game or anything. what significant gameplay depth or options is being explored. i like getting upgrades, i like the character building, that stuff is engaging for me. im totally fine doing 3 minutes of artifacts a day im just not sure why being able to skip past the fights would make it terrible.

if i want that i can just do it? and if i dont want that i can skip past it. everyone wins.

I think you mixed cause and effect. Being able to skip gameplay doesn't make a game poo poo, but if the designers of a game know that it is poo poo they'll let you skip as much of it as possible so you can go back to paying for waifus. Or charge you to skip it, if they think they can get away with it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why's she doing that 1/4 second aim thing? Is that a macro to aim-fire-unaim in order to stay mobile?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

Maybe I am uniquely bad at this game, but I find I need healers almost all the time? Like, when I am exploring I will get hit every so often and eventually die. Or if I'm running repeated domains it's the same. It's not like I will instantly die without a healer, but I take enough random hits that I find it very beneficial to have one. So all this talk of "you never really need a healer" sounds to me like the top 1% of players ignoring what the experience of everyone else is like.

Like, I currently use Barbara in the abyss even though I hate her, so a better Barbara seems like a good deal to me.

Edit: Maybe it's just because I'm not using Bennet or Zhongli or whatever.

Carry food, periodically teleport back to Statues for a full-heal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Let people build their own custom banner set up however they like. But pulling on it costs 2 Fate.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

On a revolver team, is it more important to get everyone from 70 -> 80 or to max out their talents at their current level?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dendro should immobilise enemies like Freeze, but without requiring a second element to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Isn't every single playable character a larval-god at minimum?