Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i got noelle, xiangling, and... keqing? not what i was expecting my first 5* to be, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

goddamn, i pulled zhongli and he's a freaking monster. even at level 60 he turns everything into easy mode. that said, i'm at AR 53 and never really bothered with shields until now, so maybe that has something to do with it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i like keqing because she's my first 5* and she also has a stylish moveset and she is also a cute catgirl

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i am going to call cs every day and ask politely for more lines for the teapot bird

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

My rationale is complaining about it to CS gets me a canned “I’ve forwarded this to the devs” message which most likely means it’s put in a box somewhere where it won’t be addressed forever. I understand that anything under 4 out of 5 stars is like getting an F and that’s not my problem. I want those CS people to get warned/a talking to about having to improve their numbers. Then they can complain to their management about how the only reason they are getting 1 star is because of the loving BIRD. And if this keeps happening to different CS staff day after day after day then maybe they’ll (the management) will realize that the bird is the loving problem, and push harder to get that loving bird silenced. And if not? Oh well. Not my loving problem. The questionnaire asks if the CS was helpful which I answered truthfully no because they weren’t. And because they weren’t helpful they get 1 star.

lmao

the devs are the ones who fix problems dipshit

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Framboise posted:

I haven't even started with the teapot stuff because I've been taking the tedium of this game real slow because unlike people who take out their grievances on people completely unrelated to problems I have about the game, I just... slowed down. I'm not really bothering with BP stuff either even though I'm around lv18 on that just from doing the bare minimum.

same, anytime the content feels like too much i just slow down. some days i just log in for my 90 primos and don't even bother with the dailies

if i didn't do that this game would start to feel like work instead of a fun distraction

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my first game i was a rebel and won by spending the entire time standing still behind a scarecrow watching the hunter somehow fail to find me. got the 'no disguise' achievement :toot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

E: whoops

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

what crit rate/crit damage numbers should i be shooting for in a dps? my hu tao is at 52.5% crit, 170% dmg, which feels kind of high, but i dunno if i should be spending resources to try to boost those higher

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

John Lee posted:

I mean,

Further mad speculation:
Paimon is also supposedly especially loyal to Lucifer, and the main characters are canonically Aether and Lumine for the boy/girl respecively, and have an association with light. Plus, you know, that bit up there about Paimon having the minor ability to never drown, which is awfully suggestive given how the main character met her.

this is canon to me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Harrow posted:

I'm gonna be real sad I started playing too late to get Zhongli and have to wait a few months for him to show up again, aren't I

zhongli just makes the game easier because his shields are ridiculously good and broken. think of this as an opportunity to learn the game mechanics as intended, because when he's on your team, dodging and learning enemy patterns stops being necessary

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

zhongli also climbs and runs really fast so he's great for exploration

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

did they change where you get those weapon prototypes from? i haven't gotten one from a weekly boss since they changed the names from prototype to billet

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tsyni posted:

No, it's around a 13% chance drop rate so it's not surprising not to see one for long stretches.

man that is bizarrely stingy for weapons that don't exactly break the game

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Harrow posted:

Is there any difference between doing single wishes or saving up to do 10 at a time?

a 10-pull guarantees that one of your 10 pulls will be at least a 4*

i don't bother saving up though and just spend as i get my primos, because saving up takes forever and i don't like the feeling of saving for weeks only to pull jack poo poo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Saxophone posted:

You also CANNOT pull more than 10 times even single pulls and not get a 4 star. The pity is built in.

So you are guaranteed a 4* in your 10 pull, but you'd also be guaranteed one in your next 10 single pulls regardless.

Which I'm sure you know, just wanted to clarify.

actually i didn't know that. cool!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

80 pulls later and i've got no eula, but now i've got mona and c6 xingqiu. in what party setup would mona be preferrable to xingqiu? does she need fire dps on her team? i was thinking of pairing her up with ganyu

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Harrow posted:

Is there any particularly strong reason to keep using Traveler in my team while leveling/doing story? I might swap him out for Noelle just to have a shield

the only reason to use traveler is to trigger elemental statues/make platforms while doing exploration puzzles, and you can just swap them back in for the few times that's necessary

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i swap to English VAs for cutscenes with Diluc, but aside from that i just rotate through the languages, switching to a new one whenever i get annoyed hearing the same battle grunts over and over.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Clarste posted:

Weapons should be taken to level 90 as soon as you can, imo. It's not really that expensive and it gives you a decent chunk of flat attack power that gets multiplied by everything else.

huh, I've been neglecting a lot of my weapons, leaving them at level 70 or 80, because I figured the relative gains generally wouldn't be worth the grind. guess I should stop doing that!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this event is making me really happy i pulled jean a while back. feels real good knocking groups of enemies into the water with her :smugdog:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it was pretty funny seeing the shiny new 5* star be on the bottom of community tier lists, and i just figured it was because shields sucked rear end

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my team for most combat is zhongli, xingqiu, hu tao, and ganyu, and while it's definitely not optimized, i like that this team can take on most of the bosses without issue

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bloody Emissary posted:

Huh. TIL that the JP version spells and pronounces Kaeya's name with a G, like the G in "guy."

really sad we were robbed of an ice dude named gaia

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i have been waffling on whether to pull for kazuha but if he's stylish as hell then i guess i have no choice

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i just noticed that kazuha can do his double jump every 5 seconds or so while you're gliding. goddamn that's gonna be useful exploring the new continent

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i haven't gotten a single 5* VV piece with EM as it's primary stat, and last night i got an ameno damage goblet

this domain is just taunting me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Kazuha with a Sac Sword has changed the way I play this game, strictly for the better. Tossing out some elements and then popping off two massive swirl-plunges in a row feels GOOD. Double jumping and perma-gliding feels GOOD.

:hai:

I can't believe I was ever waffling on whether to pull for this guy. He makes exploration so much more enjoyable

now if only I could get EM equipment in the VV domain, I've burned through days of stamina for no payoff so far

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I know that the ideal build for Kazuha is 4-piece VV with a heavy focus on EM, but until I get those drops, what should I use?

Would it be better to boost EM as high as I can with other artifacts for now, or should I prioritize having 4-piece VV above all else?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

I think a full set of subpar VV would be better than good individual pieces of random artifacts. The full set just gives so much value. You can settle for purples with decent stats, which are easier to find. I wouldn't wear like HP/DEF/Healing main stats, but anything that helps damage will work until you find more ideal pieces.

This is what I was thinking at first, and is why I've been grinding that domain for the last few days.

That said, I've got 2 Wanderer Troupe pieces with EM as the main stat, so the difference between suboptimal 4-piece VV and 2-piece VV paired with 2-piece WT is like 300-400 EM, which seems really significant.

e: this loving domain just gave me my second VV piece with ameno damage as the main stat. i am being taunting with awesome-yet-useless stuff

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ah, I finally got an EM sands from the VV domain. Kazuha's ascension to godhood can finally begin :sickos:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I really want Diluc because I love Sean Chiplock's voice, but the gacha gods don't care what I think

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

man, I have no idea if I'll even be able to use Aloy. Ganyu's already my main dps, and I still need to build Diona because she's a shielder

at least her bow looks like it'll be useful for Ganyu

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Exploring with Kazuha is just so amazing. You can glide and climb much farther, and the double jump makes reaching those Electroculus items really easy, it owns. He's also cool as hell, 10/10 would pull again

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh my god these quest npcs never shut the gently caress up :umberto:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

just unlocked the portable waypoint, like half a year after i started playing :toot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Andrast posted:

Dressing appropriately is anti-anime

its a major reason why i find bennett's costume design so boring. too practical for outdoor exploration

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

MadHat posted:

Kaz is the triple threat.

Non combat Utility.
Combat Utility/Support
Stylish AF

You can walk up to any Camp not in Inazuma [Ronin are pull resistant] and swirl the cook fire. This will in most cases complete wipe the Camp and end with Kaz posing as he puts his sword away slowly.

Also everything will be on fire!

ive been doing this all over teyvat and its so satisfying every time :hellyeah:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i always spend glitter on wishes, and the pulls i did using glitter got me non-pity jean and hu tao, so i won't be changing my behavior anytime soon. yes, i know those were total flukes, i dont care