Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Agent355 posted:

So clarify something for me. Occuli are collectibles in the world, they don't respawn or anything, and can be spent at statues to boost your permanent stats accross all characters or w/e. But each statue has it's own levels, so like it would be more efficient to spread your occuli out over several statues to get the most stats?

In addition to the above, they only boost your stamina (and only the Monstad and Liyue ones). There's enough in each region to max that region's statues+1. There's no min-maxing involved, just turn them in at whatever convenient statue when you've got some.

There's also a world quest involved with the Liyue one, but the biggest reward is the stamina increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

dogsicle posted:

stamina management is a whole little design space they messed around in, so i don't think they're ever touching the cap. which seems fine aside from how it looks kinda ugly to not be symmetrical

Yeah, I doubt they'd want to, since it's part of the combat balance (except for when they decide a good ascension talent is "nah, this doesn't take stamina anymore lol"). Would be nice if they tidied up the bar, though. also if the monstadt talent domain wasn't stamina hell

Helical Nightmares posted:

Is it just me or is Ayato's story quest just so verbose it needs to be cut down to a third? It can't be just me.

This is most of Inazuma. At least he has a voice.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Agent355 posted:

So like, in other gachas I've played you evolve troops with evolve materials which were most commonly gotten from like, wednesday dungeons or w/e. IS it the same sorta thing here or will you get whatever upgrade mats just from random chests and quests?

Like other gachas, there's a million upgrade materials. Some of them are from 1x a week bosses, some are from rotating daily dungeons, some are just crap you pick up from the millions of dudes you kill, some are wildlife/plants. You do also get some from quests or in chests, but that'll only take you so far.

Right at the start you only really need the enemy drops and maybe some plants? Those dungeons/bosses unlock either via plot, or you stumbling onto them.

Basically, just pick up everything you see glittering, it's probably useful. The game is nice enough to at least tell you where the stuff you need comes from, if you need to go hunting for something in particular.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Their map on their awful social network thingo is also pretty helpful if you're after something in particular. It's better than the enemy finder in the handbook, since it lists all the spawn points (and non-enemy things, like plants). It's a nice thing to have later on, when you aren't just wandering around and enjoying the scenery.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Everett False posted:

I hate that map because it feels like it should be able to sync up to my account and automatically mark things as found. As it is, it doesn't seem to have any advantages over using a third-party map app.

That'd be nice, but I can't really blame them for not doing that, it'd probably be an expensive mess to keep synced. The only reason I like it is because I have their stupid app on my tablet, and that's more convenient to have around than alt/tabbing or dragging my laptop over by the tv.

Sanctum posted:

I don't exactly want Barbara and Noelle constellations but at least there's 10 constellations I could unlock on this banner.

Am I the only one that doesn't get Sucrose/Noelle/Barbara constantly? Took me a year to get sucrose. I haven't seen a single Noelle since the beginner's wish. I got Barbara's c1 using the wish I got from fully ascending her. :cool:

One day I will have my c6 noelle. Only 7/22 of my 4*s are at C6, gacha's been vaguely kind at somewhat evenly giving me dudes.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Pope Urbane II posted:

Wait, is this a surprise launch or did I get my dates wrong?

I saw a few people saying this is usually a Tuesday(US)/Wednesday(China) thing, so it's a day early, if that's your perspective.

Also lol I had to move the directory to an external so it'd have enough room to extract. Hopefully this "let you delete old crap you don't need" (i.e. old movies that you can't watch in game anyway) feature lets me save a lot of space. It's real nice to have genshin on an SSD, but that was a 40gb directory I just moved.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I have been playing since launch.

Anna was finally cured today.

Now to wait a million years for the rest of her quest.

Today the church fatui got told he can go home, and I got my c6 noelle. Good result. Now I just need to sort out what artifacts she should have, instead of 4* glad bits I gave her ages ago

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Everett False posted:

Somehow did not realize that using windy powers on a dandelion causes the fluff to blow away while the seeds to remain on the stem. I've been chasing after what I thought were the seeds while mashing the button to pick them up. Lumine blowing on a dandelion and then frantically trying to snatch all the seeds she just blew away out of the air.

That's why you gotta use the hold skill, so they come to you :eng101:

Speaking of things that are annoying to get, is there any use whatsoever for electro crystals besides that one inazuma request? Feels like those would be easier to feed into the transformer than those magic crystals.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

What makes swirl happen when Sayu's sonicing around? Is it just "hit any enemy with an affix, that was not at that very second placed there by Sayu running into them" or is it hitting an enemy without an affix, when Sayu's infused? I can't quite figure out what the trigger is to do proper damage, other than that it doesn't seem to be time based. When it swirls, she does plenty, but otherwise she's doing the same sorta tragic damage as the rest of my half-built friendship team.

Normally I'd just check the kqm guide or that person's reddit, but there's no guide and the reddit's utterly useless instead of just mostly.

serefin99 posted:

So, I'm currently World Level 3, still mostly able to handle stuff but it's definitely starting to get hard. About when should I start worrying about actually artifact sets for my characters? Cuz right now I've mostly just been slapping whatever seems good on them.

It's not really worthwhile grinding for particular sets yet, but it's probably worthwhile to slap on like, 2 pieces of gladiator's finale or whatever that you've got laying around. Of the "poo poo you'll find laying around/on the corpses of bosses" sets, probably the most useful are gladiator, instructor/wanderer/exile, maybe berserker if you're lacking crit rate? Putting on/leveling sets of those isn't a bad idea for the time being.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ah, I'd forgotten icd exists and matters sometimes. Thanks, that explains my fruitlessly spinning around a bunch of hilchurls and wondering why they weren't dead yet.

MoonCrab posted:

Impractical example: You infuse pyro from a bonfire and start rolling into an electro lawachurl, doing tons of electro swirls and overloads and setting the grass on fire. You have tons of fun until the lawachurl's groundpounds overload the grass, blowing everything up and killing you.

Sounds about right.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh my god I completely forgot about the handbook.

The only time I remember it exists is when I'm trying to ascend a weapon and need to find more [something], and think to myself "I know there's a way to do this in game without opening up a map." Oh, and when I'm not doing friendship commissions and need to change off of mond to smash my face into another stupid commission-related achievement. Really, the second one's the only real use it has after you've done all the stuff.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Objectively best qiqi is physical clam qiqi, so obviously level up her regular attacks :v:

I feel like generally the "suggested" talent level order in-game is more or less correct for the "normal" builds of whoever. Only real complaint I've seen anyone make about it is something about venti, but I don't remember what the deal is.

Anyway, I feel like there's something preventing you from ascending high enough to really get too far into talents at wl3, although I'm not sure what it might be. Boss drops? All that aside, I'm pretty sure the "safe" thing is to just level someone you use for whatever to all 6s, unless you literally never use their autos (like raiden or zhongli or something). Also standard disclaimer that there's no reason to go hog wild leveling up dudes you're not using until a) you hit a wall and suddenly badly need an anemo to re-enable co-op, or b) you've run out of things to do and people to level up that you actually like using.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

I kinda wanna build characters like Yanfei and Noelle, but is there really a point to focusing on Yanfei when I have a c1 2x crown Hu Tao with Homa?

I also don't have enough Geo characters built to run with Noelle.

You can actually enjoy yanfei's nice animations, unlike when you use hu tao """correctly.""" It's a pretty good reason.

Also she's nice against stuff like that thunderbird boss, because it floating two feet higher doesn't stop her like it does hu tao.

I've just been running Noelle with Shogun, Fischl and "whoever the hell else" (most recently barbara, for zapping reasons). Noelle kills things plenty quick, even without the boost from resonance.

Incidentall, I keep seeing people suggesting Ningguang for a geo battery, but running her with Noelle she seems to be pretty crap at it. I assume this is because she's not built right, but I can't seem to find anywhere that says what "right" is. Do I just want to jam her full of ER or something?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sanctum posted:

Why is it Ning's charged attack is so finicky about executing? I never have issues with executing Yanfei's CA but with Ning it seems like I need to hold attack longer and not move or she wont execute it. I find that pretty annoying considering her normal attack animations end faster while she is moving.

Probably animation issues; Barbara's also a pain to get to actually do a charge attack if you weren't standing perfectly still and doing nothing. For ningguang specifically, it's probably some nonsense with left-hand/right-hand versions of the CA, because that's a thing.

I guess when I give her a battery twirl next I'll just spend more time dropping the screen on dudes. Not having any clue what to do with her to help noelle, I was basically just putting it somewhere handy and just running through it for that boost. Ningguang badly needs a rebuild anyway, she's got some random 2pc sets or something, and ~800 damage/NA is less than Barbra's pulling off, and way slower to boot.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

If I'm going to a new place and just want to make things dead so I can go looking for puzzles, it's probably Ayaka/Fischl; Xingqiu; Hu Tao; Zhongli. Maybe Eula; Qiqi; Shogun; Fischl, if there isn't much chance I'll want a healer who doesn't sorta rely on things being alive to hit.

Otherwise I just run around with whoever's not at max friendship unless I need something specific for a boss or whatever.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's funny how much everyone talks up Bennett as like the best thing since sliced bread seeing as I have him at C6 and just never bothered to put time or resources into dealing with him.

I guess now the option is available for Pyro Keqing if I ever get truly bored.

I haven't bothered with him, I don't really like "please stand in this circle" as a gameplay mechanic and I'm not terribly interested in taking screenshots with huge numbers or whatever.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

wow they made a legit rhythm game this time. nice! lots of songs, too. eventually

only weird thing is hold notes being silent, and I'm sure it's not as good an experience on ps or pc, because touchscreen rhythm games are kinda terrible with actual keys

e:

sayu cute a+ game

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 14, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

What's up with your calibration value? Doesn't that alter the timing a bunch? Mine was just 0 after I did the calibration.

Also that's a really high score; I thought mine was good. I think the main difference is that I missed one somewhere in the middle, which broke my combo (which was only 100-something at the very end).

That's full perfect. I did replay it a few times, and popped the speed up to 1.5x. Personally, I think the buttons are a bit tight, considering they aren't on a straight line they could've spaced them a bit better.

Calibration value was what I got from the calibration with some headphones on my phone. It is weird that it was a bit off the default --- actual rhythm games on ios are basically always perfect at 0. I assume that's just the result of it being a minigame and not actually a game tuned for responsiveness. Either way, that's what I got after playing with the calibration for a few taps (going by ear, not visually). Honestly, that calibration's better than a lot of other game's calibrations, which feel sorta vague about when they expect you to tap.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

dogsicle posted:

if they made my billet saving for naught, i would survey bomb 3.0 harder than i'm gonna 2.8 for having a forced co-op event with combat and boat racing

Half of that sounds pretty good. Anything besides more pseudo-abyss timed combat poo poo.

Also fwiw, I kinda like the dragonspine weapons. Eula gets alright mileage out of it, assuming the thing you were hitting hasn't already died. And Zhongli's been holding the spear for ages, because I cannot be bothered to fish up a better weapon for him and "sometimes stonegod drops an icicle" is pretty funny.

The catalyst one is pretty tragic, though. I think I made one just because and gave it to Lisa.

I definitely gave Rosaria the crescent pike, though. It's nice to see extra numbers come out when she's just hitting stuff waiting for her skill to come back on. At least, I think that's the crescent pike? I feel like the black/brown/gold spear that isn't terribly good for anyone also has a crescent name. Gave that to Yun Jin because I didn't have anything else laying around and it's not like she's hitting things to do anything but kill time anyway.

e. Rhythm game would probably be a little less weird on PC if they didn't have the keybinds as ASD JKL. Like, at least put them symmetical on the home row or something.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

You're early enough that it doesn't really matter a whole lot, yeah.

FWIW: Qiqi will ensure you don't die, as will Noelle. They're both perfectly capable of making things dead, too. Xiangling can make things dead very quickly, but most people just use her for her burst since that's the best bit, and it doesn't require her to be on the field once it's been cast. Also, you'll very much want her to be useful for the world level ascension quests --- I don't remember if there's one at level 10, but they're every 10 AR ranks in general.

This spreadsheet isn't terribly useful early on, because you just can't access most of the stuff on it, but it does list the roles a given character's generally good at, which is somewhat useful if you want to avoid trying to slot a square peg into a round hole. There's also Keqing Mains, which has nice guides to most of the characters. If there's a guide for someone you're curious about, it'll probably go into entirely too much detail about how their skills and things work, good teams/weapons/artifacts/&c. The only caveat there is that a) some people just don't have a guide and b) some of the guides are outdated, although that only really matters for artifacts and weapons. They don't usually mess around with how skills work or anything.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Someone should make a newly starting guide we can link people to. I'm about to just say that 'Just make sure everyone has an atk% hourglass and goblet if possible if they're not a healer like Barbara or Qiqi.' Because my memory of early game is completely hosed aside from getting my rear end kicked the first time I tried to beat Dvalin after he was a story boss.

Speaking of which, I hope he gets a lair we can go to and look at him at in 3.2 or something.

Probably something that explains how reactions work would be good, otherwise it's just really "wander around and pick up everything, bring a claymore dude for rocks." Maybe "if it looks out of place, gently caress with it, it's probably a puzzle."

Incidentally, Qiqi works like Jean, so even if you're just using her for healing, you want all the attack you can fish up. Oh, I guess "read the information on the talents page" is sorta good advice. Kinda falls off on later characters where the drat explanations become word soup, though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Incoherence posted:

I still don't understand how Lisa's E works, so this is not exclusively a later-game problem. Lisa is the worst of the freebie characters, though, so it's never mattered.

There's lots of nonsense that's not explained in that, but it's not a huge block of text with some incomprehensible phrase (the skill name) being repeated seven times while discussing the "state" using the skill puts you in. I don't have him, but Kazuha's stuff is pretty bad for this, iirc. Shogun, too.

Anyway it's "push button, hope lots of enemies are close so they get a number. When they hit 3, stand still and hold button, pray you don't get smacked until the circle fills. Watch everything in the circle get zapped, to some degree or another." I would not have known how big that "small AOE" was without looking at a guide, although I also think they might've actually rephrased it at some point to make it a bit clear that it even can hit multiple enemies.

The pray you don't get smacked bit is a big part of what makes it awful. Everything about her skill is just so slow.

Everett False posted:

The difference between trying to play the drums with a controller and just using the touchscreen is. DIRE.

I haven't tried it on ps yet, but I suspect that'll be a bit better than keyboard was. The rhythm minigames were always better on touchscreen, but this one's 100% just aping all the other mobile rhythm games, not using a phone is gonna be somewhat unpleasant.

I do wish they had a hold note sound, though. Don't know why they copied everything else and forgot that.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Pope Urbane II posted:

You get the equivalent of 1 reroll for the 10 you bricked on.

Or 1/7th of a Kaeya or whoever you want from the shop.

You also get to complain about your c15 whoever, so there's that.

Anyway, enjoy your free occasional revive.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Imagine a baron bunny that could attract enemies from more than 2 feet away.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Everett False posted:

The difference between trying to play the drums with a controller and just using the touchscreen is. DIRE.

Man, you weren't kidding, the controller setup's unpleasant. Why are they using ↓? They even had an alternate that uses the shoulder buttons instead of ← and 〇, but that doesn't really help. PC and PS would both probably be okay if you could just set your own drat keybinds. Guess that's something else to note down somewhere for the survey.

e. Also had to adjust the offset on my phone again? So if you're suddenly getting goods and you don't understand why, I guess re-calibrate, for ~reasons~.

e2. Thanks, Kazuha. Now I have a Yelan. She likes stringless, right? I've got a l.90 one laying around from when I got a skyward harp and gave that to fischl.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 16, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ah, well much like the rest of her ascensions and decent (or at least leveled) artifacts, that'll have to wait until I have mats to level it up. At least I managed to scrounge up a halfway decent 2 emblem 2 milileth set. I'm sure the spreadsheet won't steer me wrong.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Could be worse:

4/5 artifacts at 20; cr rolls: 1, maybe 2

maybe when I'm done killing snakes (just 7–10 more times!) I can go fish up better bits. Not sure if I should go for tom bits (to replace the unleveled cd hat she's got on), or just go for full emblem. More pf is probably more useful than shimenawa, I don't think I have anyone who could possibly want that besides hu tao and like hell am I intentionally replacing my sorta crap cw stuff after the decade it took to get those.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Tragic Tao.

That is convenient, provided you've got a screenshot laying around with your uid, and you bothered to add things to your showcase.

e. also lol at the image source getting hosed if it's long

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Right, Natlan, iPhone keyboard foiled me. It's just weird since we've heard plenty about Fontaine, Snezhnaya and Sumeru after all. I happened upon a youtube video about the archons and it mentioned Natlan and I realized I know nothing about it after playing the game since launch.

I think it was mentioned in like, one of their roadmap videos way back at the start, and other than that it's probably shown up in some books or stray weapon descriptions or something. No NPC is likely to mention it, because the devs use NPC dialogue to hype up the next places you're going. So you meet stray dudes from Fontaine, and find loads of people chatting about Fontaine and their cool cameras and flying taxis or whatever those kids mention. Sumeru's just been sorta in the background (rather like Snezhnaya) because it has the academy and sends people out all over the world. Seems like their plan for Natlan doesn't involve an organization that does outreach like the academia or the fatui. Probably doesn't have the sort of industries that Fontaine does that require a presence in other countries for technical reasons, either.

Regardless, we'll probably be hearing people whispering about it in Sumeru, even if it's just academics complaining about the jungle or whatever. Probably won't get constantly mentioned in every other quest involving someone important until Fontaine, though. That's about what they did with Inazuma.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah Snezhnaya has been pretty prominent from the start, with Sumeru creeping in more and more and Fontaine being mentioned here and there and people from there being featured in some pretty big events over time, but Natlan is a huge mystery still.

I'd guess it's the "last" nation we'll visit before going back to Khaenri'ah considering how obscure it is. Have there been any decent guesses as to what real-world nation or region it mimics yet? Fontaine is Genshin-France steampunk land or something, right? Snezhnaya is obviously Russia and Sumeru is a middle-eastern-like region. Africa would be cool, I guess.

Seems to be sorta south/central american themed, but that's based on some concept art and I don't remember where I saw it.

Here's their storyline overview thing, I guess don't look at that if you don't want to know what the upcoming chapters are called or what the archons were intended to look like as of 2020.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah, all the regions they have planned are roughly based on real world cultures and locations:

Mondstadt - Germany (or just more generically Eastern European?)
Liyue - China
Inazuma - Japan
Sumeru - Middle East
Fontaine - France
Natlan - South America
Snezhnaya - Russia

Khaenri'ah is a wild card, no telling what that might entail honestly. Maybe something more original and fantasy like.

The characters featured in that trailer aren't archons, just important story characters.

Ah, my bad. I just glanced at it. Although I suppose that should've clicked with the Ayaka and those twins.

People always say Germany for Mond, but it really just feels like "generic western european fantasy land." Might just be with their insistence that the only alcohol they have is dandelion wine that makes it less german-feeling to me. Similarly, despite France being the obvious thing for Fontaine, it feels like it'll be more of a France/Switzerland/England/America sort of mish-mash. Lots of investors and inventors and nonsense. Unless they go nuts and Khaenri'ah is somehow 50's sci-fi americaland, but with swords.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Eimi posted:

Maybe so, but for now she really shreds when I pop Yelan's burst and that's good enough for me right now. Also I do like the sword moveset.

Yelan has also slightly noticeably improved Qiqi's murdering speed

Wish I had a Keqing to throw in there too… one day I'll lose that 50/50 and get something that isn't more Diluc, surely.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

She has the same sword in the portrait as your character is using!

It was a wonderfully lucky quick find on pixiv.

It's kinda hard to decide if it's more annoying to be locked out of events for plot reasons (e.g. you haven't physically gotten to the area yet/haven't finished a world quest) or just be unable to actually do the event, because you're massively underleveled. Feels like most mobile games only require a certain [low] player rank and then they'll let you go and smash your head into the event and do poorly. The only other game I've seen that plot-gates events did eventually add an item you can buy (from other events) that just lets you unlock previous events that you might've missed. It'd be nice if genshin did something like that, but that's exceptionally doubtful. I've heard they'll finally let you delete all the old cutscene videos (that you can't just watch in game anyway), so they probably aren't inclined to let you say, pick up a festering desire a year later, or read though all the event stories or whatever. That's a shame, really.

It would be nice if, along with skipping the character stories, you could tick a box that says you're cool with spoilers and it just spits you out at the new event. Maybe paimon gate you so you can't, for example, leave the drumalong festival island. It feels like most events only really take place in a small section of the actual overworld, and the rest of the event is in a domain or a special map anyway.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Eimi posted:

If I'm at the Chasm is it worth powering through and doing the Yelan event/could I even make progress on it? I have no idea how events work in terms of if it's a one time quest, a bunch of dailies, or whatever. If it's just a story quest I'd consider that worth it, but obviously if it's just a bunch of dailies, doesn't make sense to get one day's worth of progress.

Assuming the story bits just let you through/ ask you to wait in-game days or whatever, you can manage, assuming you're on the us server and have the 10-odd hours.

There's 4 battle stages besides the story, my bad dudes and worse team sense averaged 20–30min per stage. You should be able to manage, just properly read the stage details, they all differ in their restrictions.

man looks absurd tapping away on a toy drum.

Slightly disappointed the gadget version doesn't let you double tap like taiko.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

dogsicle posted:

it was a very nice event where i could seemingly fail catastrophically on my keyboard and still get all rewards first-try. i dunno how to really account for it on the survey, i think the ease and lack of friction when it comes to rewards is my main concern for any rhythm event that isn't WASD IJKL based (fake DDR). the beatmapping i've seen on reddit is frankly insane so it does seem to have captured a portion of fans they should probably cater to in the future.

It actually just struck me that the reason it's ASD on the left hand is because it's ←↓→ on playstation. gg just mapping the left hand side to movement, more or less, for no reason.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I thought Klee's drum session was absolutely insane, but it still gave me 94% for some reason even though I never knew what the hell I was even supposed to be pushing.

I think Azhdaha was the easiest because it comes with a ton of long holds

When fishing for screenshots, I just sorta stopped playing for maybe 1/4 of a song? Still got a 94% lol.

Riftling posted:

My roster is below with constellations in red; any recommendations on overall team? Any characters I have that I could be using as a main DPS an alternative to those? It looks like I could stick it out with Noelle and hope I get Gorou off the next banner, but I don't want to start investing heavily in a main DPS to have them peter out later.

Noelle is always a fine choice, but fwiw I've heard people say Yanfei plays like a less kludgy Klee. No idea how true that is, because I have no Klee, but Yanfei's pretty good if you like the mage life. Raise up Xinqiu or Yelan (or both) and you'll be pretty alright for much of anything. For a fourth probably noelle or jean, just to have a healer. Barbara'd be fine, and you might actually appreciate her auto-revive, depending on how often you find yourself dead.

I'd probably go with Xingqiu, just because it'll probably be easier to get him in decent shape. Guess that sorta depends on how you feel about fighting the snake in the chasm vs. fighting the oceanid, and also if you have a sacrificial sword laying around. Speaking of which, you'll also probably want to work on that fischl, she's useful as hell. Especially for the oceanid, but just in general. She'd also make a nice 4th, if you don't need/want a healer.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Riftling posted:

Is there anything I should be focusing on burning my resin on before 45? Weapon/Talent rank up materials mostly?

and leylines, you'll probably need the cash/level up books.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

dogsicle posted:

very kind banner gave me Shinobu in <20 rolls, but i am stupid and condensed all my resin when i need to farm the snake boss

Well, I'm sure someone needs talent books or something for the day, assuming you already bought the teapot resin. That and a fragile would give you three snakes, which is better than nothing.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Means "eventually enjoy your standard 5* you don't want."

Would be nice if you could conveniently see specialty dishes without having to check a wiki, or hope you have a specialy and one of the regular dishes in your inventory (because it's at least kind enough to put those together)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The real problem with Xinyan is that the game doesn't just ignore whatever sword you give her and have her swing around her lute.

e. For the first part of the mud quest, do you get some sort of bonus if you actually kill all the enemies before time expires? I had a few left before time was up, and I was genuinely surprised to see that the game was cool with that. Well, I assume I had some left, but I didn't actually see the "goals" up on the screen until there was about 10s left, so I'm not entirely sure what it wanted from me.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 23, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Some of this game is a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be lol. Like, the timing on dodging all the missiles on the ruin guard is incredibly tight

Fine opportunity to shoot it in the eye, though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

You dodge around break the light crystal until it tries to absorb the mud blobs and then you break them and wail on it till it gets back up. That's what I did in my preemptive Yelan, Kuki and Heizou farming at least.

Well, that's the intended way. The realistic way is to hutao it half to death, then wait around for entirely too long for it to reappear so you can actually kill it.

What's with mihoyo and bosses that make you wait around doing nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

genshin is a game designed around excessively wasting your time

Sure, but like the PMA wastes plenty of time, but you're still hitting something. It isn't underground or zipping around as some ice ghost or whatever the hell.