Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
If you build both furniture sets that someone likes, can you get their gift a second time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Found some primo codes that I somehow hadn't redeemed yet.

code:
GenshinGift
SBNBUK67M37Z
GS6ACJ775KNV
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

/edit - nevermind, the site acted like I hadn't used them yet, but then the game itself told me that I did already.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 9, 2021

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RareAcumen posted:

I mean Zhongli's obviously good now but I wouldn't know any advantages of say, Mona for example.

Mona is great to have early on just because of her crafting talent. She has a chance of crafting extra items while refining weapon upgrade materials. She's also great as a low investment support. Just slap on Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers and a 4-piece set of Tenacity of Milelith and she can provide a huge attack buff while taunting and covering enemies in water.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Kale posted:

There's also the mobility thing.

The mobility thing makes me want to not pull her. It looks like she movies like Mona, and Mona's mobility is the worst.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Boba Pearl posted:

So I finally have the spear girl with the bear, and I'm trying to make an overworld / boss rush team. Here's what I have.

Any suggestions? I'm having a serious issue with the electro boss where I can't deal enough damage to get more then one or two anemo gems per cycle, but I also want to slot in a Geo Traveler, someone with a big sword, and some fire.

You can do some stuff with the characters you've got right now. First, up, I would put that Prototype Rancour in Kaeya's hand, then pair him up with Fischl. Electro and Cryo cause the Superconduct effect, which reduces physical defense. The main stat on the Rancour is physical damage, which works out real nice. It would mean less damage for Kaeya's abilities, because they don't do physical damage, but your regular attacks would hit quite a bit harder against superconducted enemies. It would also help you deal damage to the Electro boss, because he always has electro on him, and throwing cryo at him always causes superconduct.

You could make a fun team with Geo Traveller, Fischl, Xiangling, and Sucrose. Summon a rock and stand on it. Then switch to your pokemon masters, deploy bird, deploy hot dog. Then switch to Sucrose and just laugh as everything explodes.

You could make a team that uses resonance buffs. Two geo characters on a team mean bonus damage when a shield is up, so put in Noelle and Geo Traveller. Two Pyro characters mean more damage all the time, so put in Xinyan and Xiangling. Noelle and Xinyan can take turns putting up the shield while you go around setting everything on fire. This would be the 'just hit things so hard that they die' team.

Them team I would make would be Kaeya, Fischl, Barbara, and Sucrose. Start out by splashing water around with Barbara. Use Sucrose to spread that around.
Summon a bird on those wet enemies to chain some electro damage. Switch to Kaeya and start picking off enemies. Use Kaeya + Barbara to freeze any annoying enemies.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Is it worth going for Kazuha if I already have Jean and a C3 Sucrose?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

quote:

● System

Adds some prompts for loading screens

What is this? Is it just new loading screen tips? I hope it's actually an option added for dark loading screens. On every survey, my essay at the end is just 'dark loading screens'.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's worth keeping in mind that if you're judging her from her story quest, they did her absolutely dirty and gave her a Noblesse artifact set with 0% Pyro Damage bonus. Her crit stats were obscene to be fair but even still her setup was real terrible.

I didn't even check, she was just annihilating everything for me. I had Beidou in my party, and mixing her burst with Yomiya's infused shots was as hilarious as it was destructive.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
This new craftable sword looks so good on Jean.

Also the stats are good or whatever.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

No Wave posted:

In terms of numbers it is a really, really good sword for her, very close to Festering Desire.

Oh no, Jean can't use that sword, it's hideous. That sword goes to Bennet so it can be fully engulfed in flame whenever it's on screen.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I hate ice fog because its hard to notice sometimes. Like, poo poo why is my character suddenly dying.

It's really bad if you're hitting the ice mage with electro. All those electro hits will cause superconduct, which makes an icy fog effect, which is cosmetic and does nothing. But then there's this other icy fog that just obliterates your HP.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Scoss posted:

AFAIK a lot of these supposed "gacha laws" are also not laws at all, but in fact self-imposed guidelines created by a consortium. Because they don't want actual gacha laws.

There are some actual laws, depending on the country. In Japan it's illegal to nerf a character after release, legal precedent was set in court. Japan is one of Mihoyo's big markets, so they won't be nerfing any characters ever.

/edit nope nevermind I'm wrong

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 9, 2021

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

BoldFace posted:

Calling bullshit on this. Do you have a source?

My source is that I read it on the internet somewhere. Apparently it's just a rumor that keeps on popping up.

I'm sure I read a pretty elaborate story of some gacha game in Japan that had new characters that were super strong on release, then nerfed later to make people whale for the new ones. It had a lot of truthiness to it.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Alright, got a Sayu right off the bat, and then THREE XINYANS ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Oh well, I've got every 4* character, and now I'm lined up for my guaranteed Baal.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Selane posted:

Lisa has niche uses; I can't think of any reason I'd ever use Xinyan.

Xinyan can cleanse slowing water or condensed ice with her ability, so that's alright. Except Bennet does that while also making you an immortal killing machine.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Alright, now I see why Xinyan and Sayu are on the same banner. You can do some goofy stuff with these two.

https://i.imgur.com/7I1uN9f.mp4

I guess with Diona you could roll around with cryo, which would be good for... something.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Noelle is good and strong and she is your friend.

That team needs a healer after you've put in Eula, Zhongli, and an electro character. Noelle is the only geo healer, and you get geo resonance when you slot her in. Diona is also a good choice, she does a good job of generating energy for Eula. I guess Bennet would work out just fine, but I usually put him on a team that will get pryo resonance.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Ardlen posted:

Apparently it is possible to squeeze through that hole you found, but an easier way is to log out right above the grate switch. When you log back in, it should let you activate the switch and you can get in and wander around. That's how I got in.

Yep, that works. Looks like the spot is meant for a future questline or something.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Well. This probably didn't happen.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
What is going on with Kokomi? The leaks said her crit rate scales up with HP, but on the stream they said she has -100% crit rate and just doesn't crit ever.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I never saw any leaks that said that. Her burst (the blue water ribbon that hovers around her) adds big %hp scaling to her attacks and skill, but it's just normal damage scaling not some kinda crit thing.

I remember seeing some early leaks that described a much different character. She was built to DPS while her burst was up. Also, her burst would refresh the duration of her jellyfish.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
It seems weird that they haven't announced any new skins. Are they disappointed that people didn't want to pay ~$20 for that one skin they put out?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

It's 4-piece LW with EM/EM/C.DMG

EM gives more returns due to XQ already having natural Hydro DMG, Kazuha giving him more, and Festering Desire also adding to his E on top of LW.

Amber's burst also applies Pyro so quickly that he can double vape, which is like the one uniquely awesome thing she can do in the game.

Oh, and the most ridiculous part: XQ's A4 applies after all other multipliers.

Well I'm learning all kinds of things today. First of all, I thought reactions had a 2.5 second cooldown. Also, I always assumed the robot would hurt you while dying if it fell on you, so I've dodged it every single time.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

The team on this banner looks like it would be pretty fun. Just explosions all the time. Yanfei would probably work better than Ziangling, though.

If you're setting up Baal as the overload queen, you should give her Crimson Witch, right? It's not like she needs the cooldown bonus from TF, and overload reactions do pryo damage.

Speaking of Baal, her trailer just dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvrW4aKwAXw

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 31, 2021

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Oh, both of my new characters need levelup nuggets from the new electroceanid. Okay.

Hope that boss fight doesn't suck.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Baal's talent page is pretty great.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Question for Albedo havers - if you attack something that doesn't take damage, like a mage shield or a blocking samurai, does his ability activate?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The world design has been pretty great in this update. Way back at the beginning of the game, you get thrown into some domains that feel a lot like BotW shrines. The game goes out of it's way to show you how your abilities interact with the dungeon traps. It gives you the idea that puzzle dungeons are going to be a regular things, but then they almost never go back to that.

But now I'm wandering around the new islands and I keep bumbling into these cool little puzzle dungeons. They aren't in a separate domain, they're just a part of the open world.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
So I just bought my new fish pond and dropped some ornamental fish in there. Does anything happen with this? It seems like it just sits here, but when you drop in some fish it says the fish are being 'raised', which seems to imply that the fish grow up or something.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

frajaq posted:

I assume everyone did the story quests so far but I'm gonna ask in spoilers to be safe: what the hell was going on with the Traveller when walking down the stairs after the Signora fight?

This whole time the Traveler has been resonating with statues of the seven. Maybe they can resonate with archons directly, as long as that archon is nearby. Back at the statue confrontation, the traveler did some kind of lightning dash. Right after the headache scene, they manifested a huge lightning claymore.

I think the traveler got woozy from absorbing too much archon juice after Raiden Shogun used the sword at full power.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

What's the concensus on Raiden now that she's been out for a bit?

Pretty good, but resource intensive. I'm building her up like a main DPS just to make her a good support. I'm getting real good results with her + Eula, and it seems like you can make all kinds of teams where she works well. Just not with Beidou, which I'm hoping they patch.

(of course they'll patch it, just before the banner ends, just like Zhongli)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
So I've been playing around Raiden/Xiangling/Jean/Xinqiu and YEAH THIS TEAM'S PRETTY GOOD

https://i.imgur.com/zWYOKRb.mp4

And this is with a bunch of jank artifacts at +12, proper weapon choices on hold until I get The Catch, and a weird EM build on Raiden that may or may not be working out. Also, Azdhaha is pryo/electro, so he's resisting those elements. I was still able to fight him more aggressively than ever and get a quick victory.

Didn't get the achievement for not shielding though. I guess the rainswords count as a shield.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Raiden is a great 4th for a national team: XQ, Xiangling, Bennet.

Yeah, I'm sure Bennet would be great here instead of Jean. My weird idea for this team was to have Jean swirl water everywhere to help reactions along while Xiangling's firewheel devastates everything with overvapes. That may be happening to some degree, I dunno, it's hard to tell what is even going on once all the abilities are happening at the same time. It does plenty of damage though. If nothing else, this team can work with Jean and free up Bennet for the other abyss team.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

When he phase tranitions Azhdaha drops a half-dozen geo crystals which you can pick up for a dinky shield.

Yeah, I checked my footage and saw that I picked up a water crystal at one point.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Endorph posted:

I know Keqing and Mona go well together, but what're two good 4 star partners for them? The only 5 stars I have are them and Raiden. I've been using Keqing/Mona/Fischl/Kaeya and it works fine, but I have every four star except Sayu and Yanfei, so I was wondering if anyone else'd work.

You could put Diona in there and get some big numbers if you want to try to make Morgana work. With Morgana you apply cryo to an enemy, use Mona's burst, then apply more cryo. That keeps the enemy frozen so they keep taking extra damage from Mona's Omen effect. You would use Diona's E -> Mona Q -> Diona Q, then start beating on them with Keqing.

If you really want to get weird with it, throw Chongyun in there as well, and give Keqing a Blizzard Strayer set.

Xingui has great energy generation, he can help you use Mona's burst more often.

Bennet, Sucrose, and Beidou would all work fine.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'd be happy with an artifact set that has a bonus comparable to VV. Maybe a a timer cooldown reduction or something neat-o.

Make it easier than that, just change it so superconduct reduces electro resistance as well as physical resistance.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvtJJfuRSlo

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

Her team heal isn't very potent. Only the initial activation the burst heals the group, and its scaling is pretty bad. Level 13 is worse than Jean's at level 1. Her passive group healing requires her to be active, which is probably not great for DPS. Finally, a lot of people probably don't have many of her constellations.

She can probably manage though.

Also she requires different builds to focus on one type of healing or the other. ATK if you want her burst to do a big heal, or EM if you want to heal the team while rolling around at the speed of sound.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Oh, did you hear about that trick you can do with Kujou Sara that makes her a really nice support?

yeah me neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Radical posted:

sorry, your sibling is in another dimension! now the player must traverse the 8 regions in an alternate timeline.

To learn more about your sibling's journey, you must begin your adventure anew in the genderswap dimension.