Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

fabiopenz posted:

Anyone else having pyro slimes despawn in the talent dungeon?
I had to run twice as many domains today because that kept locking me out.

I had this happen to me once a few weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Does anyone have Chongyun's C2 and Bennett at level 60+? I'm very curious how the 15% cooldown reduction combos with Bennett's ult reducing his ability cooldown too.

I've been pulling on the banner, but I haven't gotten Chongyun C2 yet.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I have C1 Zhongli because I like the character. I had a pity lined up and got lucky on the banner for C1.

However, he does feel pretty bad to play right now. Even with Ningguang in the party, his pillars are fiddly and regen energy very poorly. They also do poor damage. If they gave particles more consistently there would be a good reason to build a Geo party around him, but I’m pretty sure Geo traveler is a far better option mechanically right now.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Zhongli has some decent synergy with Fischl with his pillar. I believe the crystallize reaction counts for her ascension 4 attack.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Genshin Simp Pact - Roll for Ganyu

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
You can one-round the Geo pillars with judicious use of Razor’s hold skill too. No ult required.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Xingqiu is the only 4* I don't have. I want him so much for both my Diluc and freeze comps!! Mona is an okay substitute, but Xingqiu seems like a much better water applier.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

No Wave posted:

Thoughts on Fischl C6 + DPS Barbara? I think it could actually be good backup for Tartaglia.

I used Fischl C6 + Mona for quite a while in my Razor team. It works shockingly well. Not every auto attack will apply the reaction since there’s an internal cool down, but Oz just shits out damage numbers too fast to read.

I used it mostly for phys resistant targets like the robots and whenever Razor died. If you can include another off field reaction member it should get even better.

I doubt it is top tier damage compared to Klee/Diluc, but I found it fairly competitive with Razor.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm much more selective about substats on the flower and feather since you don't have to worry about the main stat. I want at least 3 good substats on feather& flower with most of the level up rolls going into them. Everything else, I take the first correct main stat gear I get to +12 no matter how bad the substats are, then decide if I want to run the domain more or move on to other things.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’m a few rolls from soft Ganyu guaranteed pity and trying to decide on which bow to build for her. On the one hand, I have 3 bow prototypes to build a sick R3 Crescent. On the other hand, Blackcliff matches her horns really well.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Has anyone tried Xinyan as a melt Ganyu support? It seems like it could kinda work with a Sac Greatsword. I'm not sure if the L3 shield pyro pulses would be useful or not.

My Xinyan is only level 20 and I'm pretty tapped out on resources after getting Ganyu up to speed.

Also, holy poo poo Ganyu is so good.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Weird that Mihoyo gave Xiao L8 skills, +18 artifacts, and a 5* weapon in the test run. Ganyu was +16, Favionius bow, and level 6 skills I believe. I think all the past test runs have had that standard as well.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Zhongli seems quite a bit better now. The resistance shred on his shield is small but noticeable. It should be a ~15% damage multiplier on the average enermy. I'm thinking of trying to build him with a 4 piece Petra set (HP% Timepiece, Geo% Goblet, Atk% Headpiece) as a full support. I've also seen people recommend 2 Petra 2 Noblesse.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Colorspray posted:

I didn't try it, but does shooting a ruin guard in the eye temporarily stun them? Or does the no-damage screw with that?

It does stun them! It’s pretty useful.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Jean is far superior to Mona. Put a Venerer’s set on her and she works great in every team except Geo. The resistance shred damage boost is very comparable to Bennett’s attack boost, and her E hits like a truck without physics. She’s just extremely fun to play as too with all of the mob tossing you can do.

Mona was my first 5* and I don’t use her for anything anymore. She’s been completely outclassed as a support/sub-DPS by Zhongli now.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Nah you’re allowed to go over 1000, but then you can’t claim anything that would give you more artifacts (bosses, domains, etc) until you’re under cap again.

I’ve been hovering near the limit for a while now. I really wish they would increase it a bit.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
There doesn't seem to be much mechanical reason to pull for Hu Tao if you already have Diluc built. I do like her personality quite a bit! But that's not enough to justify a 5* pity anymore imo.

In my appraisal Genshin isn't very good as a "waifu/husbando collector" game compared to other gachas. I rolled for Zhongli based on his personality and story appearances. However, he felt so meh to play pre-buff that I pretty much ignored him until 1.3. I rolled for Ganyu mostly for her unique mechanics and bonkers DPS and have been very satisfied. Every character's idle animations, voice lines, running voice lines, etc get annoying after a few weeks.

I'm going try to save for Venti.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Pulled my first Qiqi from the character banner. It's really unfortunate that she doesn't generate any energy. It seems like Diona is usually a better pick despite the massively weaker healing.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I think VV is a great set for Jean. I'm perplexed by people saying it's not enough healing. To be fair, I've invested quite a bit of resources in her - she's 80/90 and skill level 8 for her ult. For me her ult heals for about ~12k health and is nearly up on cooldown with Festering Desire. It's not Qiqi or Bennett level healing, but it's really plenty to keep up with most DPS health pools ignoring the field's heal over time.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Jean's Charge attack + floor slam + high altitude yeet against abyss mages/fatui agents is by far the most satisfying combo in the game

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Boris Galerkin posted:

E: decided to pull for the new 4* because why not, and I just got a Barbara. Does this mean my next 4* is guaranteed to be the new character?

No. If you roll an off-banner 4*, your next 4* is guaranteed to be on-banner. Barbara, Fischl, and Rosaria are all on the banner. You could roll 100+ times and never pull a Rosaria.

Each time you pull a 4* from the banner it has a 50% chance of being on-banner (assuming your last pull was on-banner).

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I spent some time farming a Retracing Bolide set for Hu Tao instead of her leftover Witches pieces. RB is not much worse than Witches, much more fun to farm, transferable to other characters, and pretty great with Zhongli.

My crit stats went from 66/118 to 74/150. :wow:

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 16, 2021

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Ouch, Amber showing up in Floor 12 teams more than Xinyan in that survey. It definitely feels like both could use a buff to be more useful.

Also, poor Lisa.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
A team without Xingqiu hits like a dry noodle

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
When does the traveling salesman show up? I checked this morning but didn’t see them.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Rolled Eula ~15 rolls before pity accidentally. Oh well! She seems fun.

Timing her ult to fit around boss invulnerability windows might be annoying.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I always found it vaguely creepy that the world freezes yet Paimon animates when you open the menu.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Today I had a Pyro Damage % goblet with Energy Recharge, Crit Rate, and Crit Damage roll Defense % x3 and CD x1 while leveling up to 16.

Top 10 anime betrayals

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Wouldn’t Kazuha need 1000 EM to give a 40% elemental damage bonus? Sounds kinda difficult to get that much considering my Sucrose is only around 600.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Anyone with Kazuha want to test a stupid idea of mine? It seems like with 4 piece Thundering Fury electrocharged swirl you could theoretically reduce his E skill cool down by 2 seconds (skill use + plunge). The same idea as Bennet Thundering Fury spam but possibly more damaging and more annoying to set up.

I’m just not sure if swirling electrocharged would count for the TF condition.

E: on second thought, Chongyun cryo infusion superconduct might be slightly better with Chongyun's C2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C00AbR9gDA

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 5, 2021

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I've been using Kazuha in the overworld with Keqing to do my dailies since I pulled him. He makes Keqing so much more fun!

Use Keqing's E to hit a target with electro, swirl it with Kazuha, then back to Keqing for the second E while everyone is gathered + VV debuff + 30%+ elemental damage boost. Small mobs will still get hit out of the suction with charge attacks, but if you have ult up they will probably get deleted anyway.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I gambled on the weapon banner and won. Keqing absolutely rules with Mistsplitter + Kazuha.

My Hu Tao and Ganyu are still generally mechanically better, but Keqing E -> Kazuha E -> Keqing Q + E is endlessly fun. I'm a Keqing main on the overworld now.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Kazuha makes Keqing fun to use, so that’s a completely new comp for me. Kazuha / Beidou or Flex / Keqing / Flex

Can you really make Venti work against large mobs? I’d be very curious to see an explainer video on how. I’ve given up on using him on anything that resists his vacuum.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Rolled Yoimiya ~30 pulls since my last pity in my second 10 roll on the banner. I then got C1 a few rolls later. Incredibly lucky, except I didn’t really want her. She does have an appealing design and personality at least!

I’ve ascended her to 60 and her kit just feels fairly bad to play. I’ve never liked bow auto attacks. As soon as you’re fighting 2+ enemies I wish I was using anyone else. Her elemental reactions are also weak compared to the other big pyros.

She might have some potential as a burst support I guess? But Xiangling would almost always be better. I’d like to make her work somehow since I do like her character.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Hazdoc posted:

for everyone holding their breath that maybe kokomi will get buffed before 2.1

did you not see yoimiya?

She has exactly the same 2s proc problem (vs 2.5s ICD) on her burst. I really hope she eventually gets a buff of some sort because I just can't see using her right now. Keqing is stronger imo.

Maybe Dendro will help somehow.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I got all of the primos from the new Theater Mechanicus after only Stage 4 so I'm pretty happy with the event.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Yoimiya is so bad that there's a huge effortpost on Reddit of all places pointing out how bad she is https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/p5sdus/why_yoimiya_needs_fixing_an_indepth_summary_and/

As a Yoimiya haver, I've been using her for dailies since Day 1 of the banner. She really feels bad to play. I haven't leveled her past 60 because I can't justify it. I enjoy Keqing much more and used Keqing in floor 12 of the Abyss last cycle.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
How are you supposed to use Sara? She seems clunky in the trial.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Kale posted:

My argument is make your complaints then don't go on about it endlessly and defend it to the death and be all paranoid if/when other people disagree cause it's kind of annoying after a while and I tire of ultra defensive people's endless crusades against their perceived detractors on the internet after years of listening to people go on about this sort of stuff. Complaining endlessly to a forum isn't going to make a huge difference.

Much like your posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The Jean double slam is definitely worth doing to most Fatui and Abyss mages. https://youtu.be/iie_9KNAm80