Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I've been playing this for a while now and I just have to ask:

what the actual gently caress is with the love life of Liyue dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Got back to this and man is this second event domain unpleasant. Can't even do the second phase of it, and that's without any of the difficulty modifiers. At least I got Diona, she's cute.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

All I could get of the last event was Diona and the crown (and a single talent book) because that's all I could get from score, plus I couldn't do the second domain at all. Multiplayer events are also iffy for me due to lag. I am super underleveled for my AR though (single 80 character at AR45) but it was still frustrating to hit a wall like that.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Again: lag. It's bad enough that I don't want to play multiplayer at all.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Barbara would be nicer to use if she didn't swirl your camera around like that. Anyway, I ran her, Mona, Keqing and Beidou for the healing trial and :stonklol: that's how the game is supposed to work huh

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

gandlethorpe posted:

Did none of you just use Amber? I completed everything in the first go taking Sucrose/Mona/Amber/Diona.

Almost same party, just taking Barbara instead of Diona because I thought they'd be too squishy. No real need worrying about it though when things were exploding everywhere. Amber just shredded that big ruin guard at the end. I never quite got what I was supposed to keep mobs away from for the extra objective but everything worked out.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I've been grinding the Pale Flame domain and my biggest enemy is the camera. I end up seeing nothing but bursts and damage numbers when the vishaps decide to run me into a corner.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Spanish subs add a "allogenes, or 'Genshin' in an ancient tongue" bit to that line :ssh:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Clarste posted:

Wait, so immediately following a dude who looks oddly similar to the male Traveler, we get a lady who looks oddly similar to the female Traveler?

It's been 500 years, the sibling had to get busy at some point. :tinfoil:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Oh nice, the domain for the Pyro artifacts has a "can't use Electro or you will die" effect and my main damage dealer is Razor. Very cool :argh:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Razor's damage drops out a lot if he can't get his stand out. And Eula... let's say my only DPS are Razor and a half-leveled Xiangling.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Is it even worth investing in Ning at C0?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

dogsicle posted:

Klee's mom has made at least a few questionable parenting decisions

Read up on the Teyvat travel guide, Klee's mom is a terrifying mad scientist and the best thing she did was leaving Klee with responsible people like Jean.

She probably sent the letter, too.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Fatui are like your average superpower's agents when you're not one of them - they're jerks, you know it, they know it, you can't outright touch them because they're not openly doing anything wrong, but they have enough money and influence that putting up with them might be worth it even if you know they're angling to control more of your affairs. They still have their limits (in Eula's quest it's mentioned that the aristocrats' intel isn't all that useful since they'd need to mount a full-scale military assault on Mondstadt to take advantage of it and the rest of the continent is not going to accept that) but they could make life hell for you personally. Many or maybe most Fatui are just doing their job for the homeland instead of being moustache-twirling jerks like Signora, though.

And odds are the Tsaritsa wants to flip off the gods. From what I'm picking up, she was very let down by the glassing of Khaen'riah and other archons like Zhongli and Venti siding with Celestia - regardless of whether they had a choice in the matter, the Dendro archon of the era might have gotten killed for standing against it - and gave up on the concept she was supposed to embody, Love, to take the fight to the dick gods.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

It sorta breaks down when bringing in Beidou or Keqing, but other Electro characters also have dual-sided natures: Razor as both boy and wolf, Lisa as the once-a-generation genius working as a simple librarian, Fischl as the Prinzessin and Amy.

Pyro characters are all bundles of energy: Amber's all-loving heart, Benny's endless optimism, Xinyan's resolve in the face of cultural mores, Xiangling's Iron Chefness, Klee being Klee.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Diluc is definitely the Dark Knight Hero type that burns hot on the inside while keeping the coolest face he can on the outside. The polar opposite of Kaeya, the easygoing party guy that is also the spymaster with a terrible secret.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Klee with a knife :stonklol:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

What are the Fatui even doing messing around with archons, just hire Alice

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I've been rushing Razor to 90 because he's the goodest boy and I've been doing electrocube - daily - electrocube - daily - electrocube - daily - electrocube - daily, it's always there when I get back. His artifacts aren't all that good and he's got a 4* physical damage goblet but I'm now seeing big crits like the cool guys*

*that don't have Ganyu or Eula or whatever

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

There's a BP blueprint, I think.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This fucks me up because I could use more Razor Cs but had no interest in Kazuha after getting Jean, was intending to save for Yoimiya.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Bloody Emissary posted:

In case anyone was wondering, to get all rewards for the Legend of the Vagabond Sword event, you need 4,285 points on average per fight. To get rewards up to and including the namecard, you need 3,000 points on average per fight.

Welp, here's to another unfun event.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I actually started finding Dragonspine more annoying as time went by but mainly because I stopped carrying Amber everywhere. It's definitely a "have a Pyro character" kind of place. That being said the boar king fight is annoying as hell and I ended up resetting it like three times while going back to the heat source to unfreeze.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Mihoyo I know big damage numbers scare you but please stop giving annoying invincibility phases to your bosses, tia

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Hahah, I've no idea how people get more than 1000 points out of the new challenge. That ice field covers like 80% of the arena? Hope that's not something you have to grind in Inazuma.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Maybe just don't roll???

Which is what I'm doing, because Yoimiya looks cool. Hurts that I'm missing out on Razor constellations though.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

How much EM does Sucrose want? Are there diminishing returns after some point?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm making no real attempt at this event because I don't have the reactions it wants and I managed to scrape 1000 points in the latest part.

Also don't use Razor in the Crimson Witch domain because he'll explode and die and cannot put out enough damage without his stand.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

He's also my main DPS (my only DPS really) but artifact luck is bad. I think he's got like 15% crit chance bonus because the stat won't show up.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Anemo cube is annoying. It's not really hard, you just have to stand around a lot because its vulnerability phases are so short. Grinding Geo cube until I can get Noelle and Ningguang to 80 and it's pretty straightforward to do, though I don't have Ganyu to trivialize it.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Oof, not having a leveled Pyro other than Amber hurts in the current challenge. Getting Xinyan's flowers is rear end though :negative:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Violet grass is tied with dandelions for worst ascension material. Cecilias for Albedo also sucked because there are only like 20 of them.

I was wondering who even used cecilias. Gonna check the pharmacy later.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Whatever the score for the primos was, I didn't get it. Oh well, it would be just this and the pyro challenge.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ytlaya posted:

So I managed to try to buy something from someone's teapot, but for both of us it said there was 10 hr cooldown when we visited each others' salesmen.

Any idea what's up with that? I hadn't bought anything from mine and he hadn't from his either.

My character ID thing is 606608407 if anyone wants to try to exchange pot things at some point.

It's Friday, there's a period where the traveling spirit shows up but only allows the teapot's owner to purchase. Wait until tomorrow.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

My boy and main carry remains Razor and I kinda wish he weren't since the game is about melting and vaping, but laying down bursts and then jumping on a bunch of mobs with a wolf boy with a huge sword and a stand is just Fun. Really bummed that he's in this banner since I made up my mind about saving for Yoimiya.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

A Sometimes Food posted:

Ah cool so it's not a lore thing where the Dendro archon is dead or something got it.

Well, the Dendro archon is not dead now, but they've only been the Dendro archon for 500 years. Which means the previous archon bought it at the time of the Khaen'riah clusterfuck, and that's very likely related.

And if we're loreposting:

My idea is that there is no real safe way for humans to handle elemental power in Teyvat without visions. For whatever reason ("Teyvat has its own 'laws'"), this is just a fact. But inevitably humans try to gain wider access to elements without relying on the gods' RNG, which leads them towards alchemy. And for whatever reason, alchemy is inherently bad juju (see: Albedo, Gold, Durin, Dvalin...)

So what's going on is that Teyvat is trapped in a cycle of human civilizations gaining power through alchemy, getting drunk with it and lording it over their neighbors, promptly ruining their entire existence and then starting all over again. I think the Hilichurls were the first human civilization that actually tried to gain power through alchemy, and they managed to make elemental power inherent to them - at the price of wiping out their entire civilization and reducing them to our current adorable sacks of XP and materials. There's still some memory of what they used to be around (the elemental sigils in their masks, their propensity at hanging out near ruins and copying designs that they themselves may have been the originators of) but that's about that for them. Khaen'riah got wiped by the gods, true, but they were also imperialist dickheads with a huge army of still-operating robots deployed all over Teyvat and even now the survivors are plotting against other nations (Kaeya). Celestia may not want anything to threaten their power, but I don't think they were the ones that actually turned the old Khaen'rians into the Abyss Order. And now Snezhnaya is starting the cycle again with their elementally powered Fatui shock troops, and IIRC places where the Fatui actually gain control are ruthlessly exploited to feed their industry. The main difference with the other cycles is the Tsaritsa, an archon, being the one driving it this time - and some alien rear end in a top hat (you) throwing wrenches into everyone's plots.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I don't think Celestia are good people, and it's definitely hinted at that they're not, but I don't think they're entirely uncaring of humanity. They may have a TTGL's Lordgenome thing going on, where arresting humanity's development is preferable to some other hideous fate, which I suppose leads back into the Honkai stuff but I don't know much about that.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

There are some amazing Luminefaces in these quests

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Scoss posted:

A series of quests involving visitor registration, trade guilds, and taxes is a... strange choice for the very first thing you do in Inazuma.

I could only think Clavell's Shogun myself, only the Traveler isn't shipwrecked.

These quests are pretty interesting, too. Inazuma is so hosed even its traditional monsters are becoming angry samurai spirits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm missing the root barrier near the Kamisato estate, I have the key but I can't find the entrance at all. I'll surely feel dumb after finding it, but still.

EDIT: turns out you have to take the boat to the small islands NE of the state.

Traveller fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 22, 2021