Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

RareAcumen posted:

As if making her exclusive weren't enough (a decision made to piss off the playerbase, no I will not read any further information as I assume all developers are hostile to me just like wasps) they made Aloy an archer instead of giving her the iconic HZD weapon of the gatling gun.

That's just her elemental burst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The pyro cube is rear end

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

gandlethorpe posted:

Bring Barbara

She explodes, pointless

EDIT: man that was unpleasant, legit making me reconsider rolling for Yoimiya

Traveller fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 22, 2021

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I hope you have a sacrificial sword on XQ because it requires a lot of elemental use, that's why they were recommending Barbara but I'm not bringing up someone from 20 for a single boss. Ganyu should be useful to make the most of the very limited vulnerability windows the cube presents.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I remembered I had Mona around decently leveled, slapped some artifacts and Dodoco Tales (don't know what's best for her, I have little in the way of catalysts) on her. Pyro cube is more manageable but still rear end to do repeatedly, you get very little time to do the "stop the cube from setting itself on fire" phase and that bullrush move it does is a pain to dodge. I think I'll hold strong for Yoimiya though.

Anyway, Kaeya did a huge favor to Diluc by returning his Vision to him, huh

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ytlaya posted:

The Traveler is a kind of weird and interesting character in that they're a protagonist who is keeping a lot of information close to their chest. They presumably know a ton about the broader setting, but it rarely comes out in their interactions with others.

I am expecting the Traveler to hit Baal with "you know I'm older than you, right" when the time comes. But I'm chalking all those references to them being a teenager/under drinking age to the game being marketed to minors and not wanting people to even get the slightest hint that they're promoting booze to the kids - this seems to happen a lot in games with mostly silent self-insert characters, like in FGO.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Hazdoc posted:

Well due to the events from "We Will Be Reunited", the Traveler's a lot less gung-ho about running around solving everyone's problems, and instead wants to chase their sibling ASAP. Before, they didn't really know where to look and were just going with the flow, but now they have the clear goal to "finish their journey" of visiting all the Archons, and some silly civil war isn't going to get in their way.

Well, until they remember that they have a conscience and it gets in the way, that is.

And before that there was the Liyue clusterfuck that started with the Traveler getting in trouble with the law, getting help from a shady pretty boy and then doing weird errands to serve just as shady purposes. Thoma and Ayaka were taking for granted that the Traveler would jump in to help them, but after getting jerked around by Childe, Ningguang and especially Zhongli being reluctant to get used like that makes sense. Even after agreeing to help the Traveler makes a point of specifying a reward.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

HerraS posted:

hello I would just like to say Xavier can go gently caress himself and take Electro Chernobyl with him

Is this the first time we find out just how advanced Fontaine is? There were hints to it before (Xinyan's rock and roll, the cameras) but "let's make a technomagic nuclear reactor for this samurai contract" is on another level.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I dunno I feel like it'd be a big loss to not experience the terror of seeing "The Vision Hunt Decree is in force."

I had a moment of being like "ah poo poo, should've brought Lumine" and then kept bashing the Shogun with Razor. No decree against big honking swords :black101:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Harrow posted:

So, how the hell do you fight Azhdaha? Is the answer just "have Zhongli" or what?

I guess I had a bad draw this week since he's resistant to both elements I actually have decent teams for (pyro and cryo) but still, the sheer amount of damage and huge AoE attacks going out just seems insurmountable without either frame-perfect dodging or 100% shield uptime. I tried using Noelle but she just can't keep the shield up nearly enough.

I probably shouldn't even try again this week given that I can barely even damage him but I'd like to some day be able to level Ayaka's talents.

Physical damage? My team for this week was Sucrose/Diona/Razor/Kaeya with Razor dealing most of the damage. He actually died once to melt from the pyro/cryo double whammy but aside from that it wasn't too awful. Sucrose can also deal good damage and I think someone here used her to just shred the big guy, that probably takes a shitload of EM though.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The screams when someone inevitably blows a metric ton of primos just to get C8 Amber could be harvested for power, I'm sure.

Also building up Xinyan and she's fun to use :rock:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

AG3 posted:

I was upset that I couldn't take Ayaka up on her offer of getting some new clothes in the Inazuma style. Let my character have a Kimono you cowards!

The isekai hero code precludes dressing like other people. :colbert:

But yeah more cosmetics please.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Fontaine has movies???

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

mikemil828 posted:

Thing is at least for Tartara Tales quite a bit of the delay isn’t in fixing the problem but the quest giver covering his rear end when it is about to be blown sky high.

IIRC the Fontaine archon is a rules freak that throws you into jail for the tiniest things, so it makes sense that "covering your rear end" is a high priority for someone from that nation.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

So what's the trick to fighting Mirror Maidens? Their attacks are hard to dodge and once the mark is on the character it just never goes away.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This event challenge is just mean. At least it's unrelated to the event shop.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Yeah, can't really do co-op at all with my ping. I tried, it times out on loading.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I was actually talking about the timed fight with the two samurai, the tile puzzle was easy. :v:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Selane posted:

I do think its funny how that one dev guy said they were gonna get rid of elemental pillars since they make you change your party all the time, then they put in a local specialty that you can't even gather without having a certain element.

It's the same as dandelion seeds, isn't it?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

No Wave posted:

Yes, but anemo is great and we've been taught for nine months never to use electro.

Maybe you have, Razor taught me Electro is my only friend in this world. :colbert:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm rolling Yoimiya because she's cute and I want a 5* Pyro, that's about it. If it turns out she's garbage then whatever, I'm already missing out on all the meta Abyss characters anyway.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Just roll Yoimiya and Baal, ez

Also how come Yoimiya is just Yoimiya and not Naganohara Yoimiya? Samurai oppression is what it is :argh:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Having to MGS my way into Tenshukaku just to deliver iron to a dude :ninja:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The worst thing about Qiqi is that she wants violetgrass and violetgrass sucks.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I don't know anything about Abyss but doing many pyro cube runs with Mona taught me that you can use her dash to douse the flame things, just run into them, step out of the water, run to the next one.

And now I find out Yoimiya wants purple flowers, too :negative:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I was getting Xinyan every other roll or so, it was nuts. Easy C6 and spares.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Counterpoint: :rock:

She's fun and I hope Mihoyo remembers she exists.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Oh hey, that last event challenge was doable for me without a time limit. Got the cicin mage stuck in terrain and whacked the mirror maiden (slowly)

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Tower defense is what actually put me off Genshin the first time so I guess it's a skip.

Also what's the deal with the lightning balls in the Inazuma talent domain? Sometimes they just go right past my character or don't deal damage.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Roll for all Electros imo, Mihoyo will either provide actual Electro-friendly content or tune it up so that anyone wearing a shade of purple in their outfit will explode and delete their gear and weapon.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I wonder why Mihoyo decided that every mook introduced in Inazuma had to be mostly/fully immune to knockback and get many dodge moves. Having random ronin perform uninterruptable lunge attacks that end up resetting them or easily dancing away from any AOE (Diona's Q :argh:) is just not fun. Unless they just really want you to roll and grind for preposterous burst damage.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I heard Ayato was supposed to be a Hydro claymore.

Signora will be the Cryo catalyst, hopefully

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Started bringing Yoimiya to fights and she's fun to use. Her Q seems to want another DPS to make the most of it though, but that's fine by me. I guess they can't be all Zhongli/Ganyu levels of "you no longer have to interact with game mechanics" though :v: I only have a cheap Shimenawa set on her with a passable pyro goblet, are people using Crimson Witch artifacts with her?

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I just use Xingqiu's ult immediately as the fight starts to douse then whack it when it's vulnerable. If it tries to reignite, I don't even need to hit with XQ, just running up to the flame things with his swords up do it. Gotta love how rain swords auto aim.

The autoaim actually kinda hosed me a bit with Mona because she 1/3 of the time decided she really needed to cast spells on the invincible cube rather than the flame thing right in front of her. Eventually I learned her dash deletes them.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You don't need another character on the field to trigger Yoimiya's Q. You just need another character doing damage. Off-field sub-dps characters like Beidou/Xingqiu/Xiangling can blow it up while Yoimiya is still pew-pewing. Though if you use 4 piece shimenawa that gets a lot worse because doing instant Q E means you lose the shimenawa bonus. 2 Shim + Crimson Witch works better with less maintenance..

Oh, neat, will give that a shot.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Naku weeds and all the Fatui goons you'll roll over while farming said naku weeds.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ganyu+Xinyan/Barbara/Noelle banner. You heard it here first

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Those Yoimiya gifs mean nothing to me after whiffing far too many melee attacks to nobushi and Fatui that decide to skip away from them, or render a Diona field irrelevant.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

brainwrinkle posted:

Yoimiya is so bad that there's a huge effortpost on Reddit of all places pointing out how bad she is https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/p5sdus/why_yoimiya_needs_fixing_an_indepth_summary_and/

As a Yoimiya haver, I've been using her for dailies since Day 1 of the banner. She really feels bad to play. I haven't leveled her past 60 because I can't justify it. I enjoy Keqing much more and used Keqing in floor 12 of the Abyss last cycle.

At this point I hope they nerf her more, I get use out of Xinyan so I'll use her still :unsmigghh:

Ho hum, another timed attack event?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I wish the limit on condensed resin would go. It's not like it gives you actually better rolls, plus I'm pretty convinced EM artifacts don't exist, and I'd rather do something with all the resin items I'm accumulating (that isn't actually using them because holy poo poo domains are boring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Azhdaha is just a slog but it's not really hard, Stormterror on the other hand keeps throwing me off the dragon's neck because I attacked and stepped on the wrong polygon :argh:

And yeah on the artifact grind being unrewarding, I started buying artifact XP off the Tubby shop because I dread using more resin at this point.