Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
if you're struggling with meteors (or anything really), get on discord and ask for help! there's dudes like me idling on there that would absolutely love to interrupt our hilichurl bullying to help you do your meteors

my fischl can basically demolish oceanid by herself, so showing up to somebody else's world to do it for them is perfectly within the cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

RareAcumen posted:

Someone help, how do I break these targets for Ellin? She's reinforced these things out of like, Hillichurl shields, they're way too strong.

you can get them all down to like 1 hp, then kill them all at once. The timer doesn't check until you've destroyed the first target.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

TheFluff posted:

Mona is arguably the worst 5-star (the other contender being Jean, but Jean is a lot more flexible). Her autoattacks are so bad as to be near unusable (second worst in the game after Sucrose IIRC), her skill does poo poo all damage and her burst is way less good than it seems. The water sprint thing looks neat and it's useful in exploration but in combat it's a huge liability and significantly worse than a regular dash for a number of reasons.

Mona only does one thing well and that is make one single really big number pop up for sick YouTube montages, but the setup for it is rather impractical - you need to vaporize it, but doing so is fiddly to say the least. If you use her ult without vaporizing it, it's incredibly underwhelming.

Xingqiu is basically just as good or better as far as hydro supports go.

Mona's main problems are amusing problems that appear for Childe, in a way. Both have serious problems with NOT being the aura element, as they apply hydro very quickly, fast enough that they'd have to slow down attacking to get procs. Mona's DPS is tied mostly to her ult, while Childe's DPS is tied to being in melee stance, and neither has 100% uptime (unless you C6 Childe, lol). And lastly, Hydro's interactions are really obnoxious. Frozen is good, but Qiqi and Kaeya are your main supportive Cryos, and Qiqi's is slow while Kaeya is... Kaeya. Diona can work, but doesn't really offer much in the way of additional damage. Mona has no way to Shatter the Frozen enemies, either, so its just additional CC if your taunt isn't enough. Vaporize is obviously what you want, but the only Pyro applicator that works well in a support role is Xiangling. Not having a good selection of people to set up Vaporize for Mona (or Childe, hence same problems) makes it hard to reach her full potential. Electro-Charged is, then, the best choice. Fortunately, Hydro procs on Electro will now actually cause Electro-Charged, so that's good. Fischl is probably the best setup for this strat, as Beidou's is burst reliant and also kinda short ranged, though she offers more defense with her parry. Beidou CAN take good advantage of the amped damage from Mona, though, since she does a big hit of damage at once with her parry, so that's also a plus towards Beidou/Mona.

As a DPS, mona is lacking is sustained damage, and since she's very burst reliant, she functions better as a burst support than a true DPS. Childe absolutely does a better job of being a Hydro DPS. And as a support, she contends with Xingqui, who doesn't have the same impressive single-hit numbers, but his synergy with other carries is absolutely LUDICROUS. So, Mona occupies a niche where her burst is great, but her inability to set up Hydro procs as well as Xingqui, and not being able to make up with it by her burst having big numbers and % damage bonus makes her difficult to justify.

But this is all very super min-max dumb poo poo, Mona when built properly and in a good team will do just fine, if you want her to. She's just not as easy to get to an acceptable power level as other characters (or rather, one particular character makes her niche irrelevant), hence why she gets downgraded on tier lists.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 24, 2020

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
just fyi if you're looking at chongyun's numbers during meteorite events or the coop event, he's got +60% damage from the event so his numbers are a bit higher than normal right now

fischl with 60% bonus damage is great and cool and I'm seeing giant purple ticks which makes me happy

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Bruceski posted:

Did they re-up the damage burning grass does? I'm back up to 88 per tick and 135 crits at WL... 6? Level 46.

the damage grass does doesn't scale past WL5, but it does depend on the "difficulty" level of the area you're in, from what I've seen. Mondstadt grass fires will do less damage than Liyue ones, and places like the Guyun Stone Forest have higher levels than say, Stone Gate. You're at the final tier of grass fire damage, it doesn't get worse from here.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

TV Zombie posted:

What is the climbing trick?

if you climb up at all when against a flying ruin guard, it'll immediately go into its ranged attack mode, which opens up its weakspot to get hit.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man. Somewhere there's an alternate timeline where I kept rerolling until I got Chongyun and I can't help but long for that alternate self.

Characters with ice powers are like my jam and he's still missing. Plus with all the carries I have I can't really justify investing in him when/if I do pull him.

EDIT: Goddamn I love these character trailers, they do a good drat job making Zhongli look good. Also that music is superb I need a standalone track.

chongyun is one of the rateup 4*s on the zhongli banner, so you may be in luck
or not, depending on your primogem stash and luck

edit: though i must say, if you intend to use chongyun main DPS, you REALLY want his C1, as it adds extra damage to the end of his main combo and is a big damage boost to his autoattacking

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 30, 2020

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Bloody Emissary posted:

:aaaaa:

I was planning on rolling anyway, but now I really hope I hit that 50% pity probability.

Finding chests at AR40+, in places you've traveled a billion times before, is one of the most delightful parts of later phases of the game.

i did all the geo oculi, or so i thought, as apparently there is 1 extra anemo and geo oculi you can find beyond the maximum cap

where was this final geo oculi? On the top of one of the mountains in Guyun Stone Forest.

right along my main mob farming route

i mean, sure, you dont get pinged for the oculi from the ground level, but I SHOULD HAVE CLIMBED THAT ROCK AT SOME POINT IN TIME TO HAVE SEEN IT, and yet there it was, and I, oblivious to it for well over a month.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I mean there's not much harm in doling out more rolls if they started putting out costumes and poo poo, perhaps even some that are genesis crystal only. They'd make another mountain of money, and the extra rolls people had would get them into characters that they'd be tempted to buy costumes for.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
if you use Diona's E on enemies that are immune to cryo, sac bow won't go off, just fyi. Should be the same for all sac weapons.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

gandlethorpe posted:

:eyepop:

Cryo crystallize should be about as good as Diona's then, right? Against Cryo slimes, you'll be making them constantly, and since you need Cryo on your team to deal with Fatui shields, you can make them manually too. Too bad we don't know the exact numbers of how much more effective they are vs the same element. Mihoyo plz

As for shields not stacking, sure you'll waste a lot of shields, but Zhongli should be able to generate more than enough crystals without even being on the field. This is something unique to him at the moment.

Again, the actual numbers on crystallize could be really bad, but there isn't enough information available to truly judge it.

shields should be 250% effective against their own element, IIRC

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
there's a ton of ascend mats down there actually, which is nice

but zhongli's quest is super depressing

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Sarsapariller posted:

This was how I felt about it until I got my team comp right. I'm running C2 Ning/C4 Xingqiu/C4 Sucrose/C0 Qiqi and there is basically never a time when I'm not bursting now. The rotation goes:

Qiqi E and Q to begin applying frost
Xing E to apply freezes, Q to begin applying hydro on every subsequent hit. With artifacts, his Q is also generating energy for the whole party.
Sucrose E E E to swirl the poo poo out of everything as it is continually re-frozen, then Q which should now be fully charged, gathering everything together
Ning E, dash through the screen for dmg boost, Q, immediately E again, all your missiles should hit and AOE the clumped enemies, causing enormous damage and blasting shield crystals in every direction. Congrats, you're invincible.

By this point anything in the open world is probably dead, but if you're facing a boss or something you will have about 10 seconds to do Ning's rotation and then everyone's Q will be off cooldown and ready to rotate through again. The only thing that this build does not decimate in a few seconds is the Stonehide Lavachurl which I gather is just resistant to basically everything.

well stonehides you need to kill their shield with anti-geo stuff (so, claymores, overload reactions, and geo attacks), so you'd need to spam their shield down with ningguang attacks first before going through your rotation.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Nakar posted:

The fact that encounters don't always go as planned or require improvisation is also what I love about Childe and why I think the bow stance is slept on. I will actively switch back to it in fights, because it's super versatile to have that ranged option and melee option in a single carry.

The issue is that Searing Onslaught can cancel that fourth hit recovery, it's true that it can, and it's also true that doing 1-2-3-4-SO is theoretically the highest damage per second. It's just that the reality of things is you will want to weave between one to three autos before Searing Onslaught taps because the window to hit E again without the cooldown starting is quite narrow (and the real DPS loss is loving up your SO combo, because then you're loving up your Flame Witch set bonus proc). If you need to reposition Diluc because an enemy got knocked back, or died, or is out of range, or is attacking you so you can dodge into them for iframes, you have to just kind of feel that out and decide how many attack swings you can get in before the next tap. Unless your Diluc is C6, you just don't have an ideal rotation that is practical (since C6 is incentivized to do 1-2-SO-3-4-SO which is relatively trivial and you can dodge-cancel to go back to 1-2-SO-1-2-SO-etc. if necessary).

None of this is to say Diluc is bad because the theorycrafters are unrealistic. Diluc is actually great because he's so versatile in being able to cancel his combo or dash to reposition whenever he pleases (since he's not dumping stamina into Charged Attacks). I think that flexibility should be seen as a strength to a character, not a weakness. I feel that Jean is similarly underrated on a DPS end; she has a simple, reliable moveset with low cooldowns and tons of CC on top of just healing herself and others for attacking, and her Charged Attack isn't really made for spamming but can be utilized with Gale Blade to do a fall damage combo which DPS tracking can't really measure. Geo Traveler is similar, as that one video of the 3000 IQ plays showed off; the ability to deal damage and AI manipulate with Starfell Sword is extremely difficult to quantify, but I think people would agree that it does have value.

the problem with jean DPS is that she's splitting her damage between two types, physical and anemo. Diluc can build for pyro and be fine doing it, since he infuses his sword with pyro after bursting, but jean has no such luxury. So often she ends up being relegated to healer/nuke support rather than a proper DPS, unless you're explicitly building the team around her with a venti, for instance.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
amos bow is probably gonna be really fuckin good for ganyu

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I finally got a Fire Witch Hourglass.

It's pretty good.

now u have to roll it to 20 so you get that %HP with the last improvement

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
If you stand right up against the pillar when the geo cube does his machine gun attack, he'll hit the cube he's standing on and do a ton of damage to it

ive never had a problem with the geo cube fight though admittedly I dont do it very often

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I had a suspicion but now I am certain that there's an awful lot of people who are actually really bad at this game lol

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
if u have beidou her talent reduces swimming stam cost

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
if bennett is gonna be on albedo's banner i'll be sad (i dont want albedo), but at the same time I doubt he's gonna be on ganyu's banner since we're supposed to have another new 4* pyro alongside ganyu, so it wouldn't make sense to have 2 4* pyros on the same banner. He'll most likely be on Albedo's if we're being honest, and Bennett C1 is super nice to have.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

All the past stuff came from leaks (including heavily datamined ones), which Mihoyo stepped on hard. I have to say I am kinda sympathetic to that, to me that stuff has nothing to do in metagaming and is just rude to developers.

yeah, and the problem with leaks is that you get fake ones that either say something super generous that would never happen, and people get hyped up for something that isn't going to happen and then lash out at the devs when its revealed to be fake, instead of the leaker. Or you get leaks that say something super negative, like a nerf to something, and everyone dogpiles mihoyo until they find out its fake, and there's always the people who never actually hear the debunk and keep thinking its real.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
important to note, you should almost always be using bennett tap E, especially in his ult zone. The higher level versions just take too long to come out that its not worth it over quickly executing the skill and going back to attacking.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
please people

level up your friggin artifacts and stop using 2*s or I'll have an aneurysm

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

brainwrinkle posted:

Zhongli has some decent synergy with Fischl with his pillar. I believe the crystallize reaction counts for her ascension 4 attack.

yes, if ANY reaction that uses electro happens (electroshock, overload, superconduct, or swirl/crystallize on an electro aura), and oz is on the field, they get hit with the A4 talent's damage. Fischl does not have to be involved in making the electro reaction happen, it could be from Beidou or somebody else. Be aware that Oz does have a range he'll attack and trigger A4 from.

Also I noticed somebody earlier mentioned something about stacking atk% of fischl, this is not recommended. All of Fischl's damage can crit, including the follow-up orbs from her C1 (oz not on field) or C6 (anyone attacking with oz on the field), and her A4 talent's proc can crit too. Fischl wants Atk%/Electro%/CritRate or DMG% for her artifacts. Stacking Atk% is OK, but once you can diversify your artifacts you should, since her secondary level up stat is atk%.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 21, 2020

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

Fischl has atk as an ascension stat too which makes going into crit/electro/phys (if you must) even better than usual. She can do well with EM in specific comps but that math is kind of complicated and it's easier to just give her atk sands. (if you have a stringless you'll also have a bunch of EM anyways)

Yeah EM can also work as an Hourglass item if your comp is able to make Oz's attacks the trigger. If you have a really elemental heavy attacker like Klee or Childe, or somebody with a burst that rapidly applies elements (Kaeya/Diona, Xiangling) it'll probably work extremely well! Works best for Electroshock teams!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

My last 53 standard pulls:
3 favonious lance, 2 amber, 1 lisa, 1 favonious warbow. Yes, that would cost you $100.

thats why you dont pull standard except with the free stuff, there's no pity mechanic that stops you from rolling non-rateup stuff

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
yeah, shatter reaction deals physical damage, so its very easy to miss if you shattered with a normal, non-infused attack.

IIRC shatter's damage is calculated on the person breaking the freeze, so preferably you'd want to use whoever has the highest level and most EM on your team that CAN shatter to do it

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

in my imo, having fun smacking the easily defeated monsters is more important than being horny

in my in my opinion, pull gacha for waifu/husbando

albedo's actually not bad, he's neat to have i guess and sometimes i can turn fischl or klee into a flying turret

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
EM goblet though? I'd go for anemo % just to squeeze more damage out of her swirls but I didn't do the math. I know she gives her EM to other people but idk if its actually more damage than getting some juicy elemental %

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
fischl has and always will dumpster oceanid

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
the reason you don't use fischl dps is because that's splitting your damage types

doing all physical with attacks, then electro from E/Q/C6 means part of your damage isn't getting boosted by your goblet. And you'd need superconduct AND a VV user to amplify both types of damage
the best DPSes are the ones that can make most, or all, of their damage one type, like Klee, Diluc, Keqing, etc, so that your damage all gets boosted by your goblet, and you only need 1 support to shred resist (cryo/electro for superconduct, anemo VV for anyone doing elemental primary). Its not like Razor, where he prefers physical damage though he has Electro, as that's mainly there to help him keep triggering superconduct. Fischl's electro damage is very high, making a physical build rather unwieldy for her.

And if you decide to take an Electro goblet instead of a physical one, why not just swap off of Fischl after pushing E and use somebody who's getting their basic attacks boosted by their goblet? Why not use somebody who can trigger more electro-based reactions for Fischl to proc her talent damage on?

Fischl's fine for autoattacking as a backup, but as a primary DPS she's far from optimal.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

By that logic Razor is a bad carry too. You say that doesn't count because Razor's physical damage is very high but Fischl has access to Rust, a weapon with what amounts to +40% physical damage at R1, scaling to +80% at R5. With Rust you can effectively have the equivalent of both an electro and a physical goblet at once.

My point isn't that Fischl is the best carry in the game or some such nonsense, my point is that she is a top tier carry and players without Diluc, Razor, etc shouldn't just dismiss her out of hand especially if they have C1 and Rust.

because you're leaving tons of damage on the table by not swapping off of fischl and using somebody else, who gets the majority of fischl's damage output plus their own damage, reaction damage, fischl talent damage, etc

its nice that rust increases her AA damage, but basically in order to compare how much damage DPS fischl is doing vs having somebody else on the field with fischl, you're comparing -that ENTIRE character's DPS cycle-, vs Fischl standing there, autoattacking, and only her single-target autoattack damage. Fischl's E and other stuff shouldn't be added, as she doesn't need to BE there to cash in on it. You'll find that a lot of other characters have kits that will output more damage than just an autoattacking Fischl. This only compounds when you factor in hitting multiple enemies with autoattacks, as bow user autoattacks can't AoE. Just adding 1 extra enemy hit doubles the DPS vs Fischl.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making GBS threads on the idea that Fischl can be used as a physical attacker. I don't have Razor set up for me, so my Maidens/VV domain team stars Fischl as the DPS, and I've even gotten her a physical damage goblet to bring when its time. If your DPS candidate can't outdo Fischl standing there shooting things with a Rust, you PROBABLY shouldn't be using them as a DPS! But I don't want people to think Fischl DPS is something they should work on when they have better options lying around.

And yes, Razor's a better physical DPS than Fischl because he's a claymore attacker with Physical % on his ascension substat. He might only pull even on single-targets, but against more than 1 enemy Razor is going to be outputting significantly higher physical damage than Fischl.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Boris Galerkin posted:

I need a ton of Sealed Scrolls. Where do I farm them?

either use the ingame tracker for samachurls or pull up a map

I had two spots I usually hit, there's a ton of great enemies to farm in the Guyun Stone Forest, especially 2 samachurls at the little hilichurl island, and 2 more on the shore a short distance from each other, plus an abyss mage at the big hut. There's also a 2 spawn right up the stairs from one of the outer ring teleports in stormterror's place, and a solid smattering around the outer wind wall, but it takes a bit of looking to know the route

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Icicle domain is made for Diona, her shield absorbs cryo super well and having it on also reduces your stamina usage, which partially offsets the domain debuff.

You just gotta remember that failing to do damage with skills will NOT trigger sacrificial weapons to activate, so Diona E into a Cryo Slime or an Abyss Mage shield has no chance to reset the skill.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Solkanar512 posted:

If nothing else, C7+ could just give a solid boost to their leveling stat or split up amongst multiple leveling stats. Nothing crazy but enough to feel it. Who running a C6 Ning would get mad at another 5% geo elemental damage?

no thanks, keep anything beyond c7 cosmetic or dont do it at all, no need to make the f2ps feel even more left out

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It's a combination of having artifacts that have a good crit rate / crit damage balance, and building him out according to howyou want to use him : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview?pru=AAABdprSFQ8*9XyMZ3FSVx2JzKaA272SpA

Combine that with one of his preferred claymores, and then pair him with someone who has a skill or burst that remains on field that he can capitalize on.

oops wrong poster

obviously you put your wolfs gravestone that you definitely have on razor

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 19, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i hope electro + dendro is a physical reaction of some kind, otherwise electro's gonna be the weakest of the attack elements, probably forever

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
EM bonus damage to transformative reactions is about 72% over what it used to provide. I don't have exact numbers, but all transformative reactions also received base damage increases at levels 61+. I did a rudimentary test just now, and a level 89 childe triggering an electro-charged reaction gave me a result of approximately 3311 base damage on electro-charged, considering enemy resists and defense. 1406 (the old base damage) to ~3311 is roughly a 135% increase in base damage. That's pretty incredible. There's certainly something to work with here.

In case you're wondering how I arrived at that number, Level 89 Childe with 0 EM triggers electro-charged on Level 82 Geo Slime, deals 1517 damage.

1517 = x(new electro-charged base damage) * .509 (the geo slime's adjusted defense) * .9 (10% resist to electro)
x = ~3311

its in the ballpark, at least

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 9, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
crystallize shields just got buffed by a lot, so they're pretty viable too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Requiring the Juvenile Jade thingie from the Primo boss is a dick move. You don't get the crystals you need for the ascension materials you require.

fortunately, we can convert the crystals we need from other elements now, though we only ever get those mats from events and from the starglitter shop...