Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Space Opera posted:

Oh god damnit. At least I can listen to a podcast while I button mash.

You have to pay attention so you know which actor to pick otherwise it restarts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Toraen posted:

Unless something changed silently his burst only protects him from electro-charged damage, not all electro damage.

Yeah Raiden gets the same effect. It's just there to stop them from killing themselves with environmental damage when they use their bursts in ankle-deep water.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Space Opera posted:

That's an hour of my life I'm not getting back. Still, the reward is cute, AND I hit AR 60 so it's a win. It's kind of odd though that there has been no word on increasing the AR cap in 3.0 given that anyone who played even casually since roughly launch is going to be 58-60. I wonder if they're planning to do something closer to the anniversary?

i hope they never add any meaningful increases to the top end of AR/world level, there's already way too much of a barrier for new players
although i guess an infinite grind that just makes some rank number go up without changing anything else about the game would be fine

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

Wasn't that what they were building Childe/Tartagia as? Or did he just never show up again after the Geo Archon story?

no he was Just Following Orders(tm) and immediately became the MC's best buddy as soon as his story arc & boss fight were over
he showed up in the Mystic Onmyou Chamber event in Inazuma, and in that one Traveler and Paimon were basically like "shh we better not mention any of our buddy Tartaglia's murders and warcrimes around Xinyan cus she would probably get mad about them, unlike us two who are totally cool with it" and covering for him became a minor subplot
his story quest is also set after his boss fight and he's friendly with MC there too

Eimi posted:

Only if Itto never loses because he always gets miracle topdecks. (It's Kuki passing him the cards)

itto canonically loses basically every game he plays, especially to 12 year old kids
he always tries his best though :kimchi:

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 17, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

also on the cn server apparently literally every single launch weapon (since the game doesnt really have 'gacha characters') is already useless in the meta, which, feels like a much worse situation to be in than the launch 4*s being too good like genshin is.

like even if genshin had straight-up pvp national comps feel like theyd be the meta.

Hey, not every launch weapon. Tsubasa's ice bow still has a use (as the weaker poverty alternative to the better meta damage buffers like Frigg or Marc).
Also it has a Honkai3 style stigmata gacha. Imagine if instead of one 5-star gacha weapon you equipped a set of 4, and they had set bonuses (and yes they still need dupes to power up).

The combat is fun though and the movement gadgets are neat, I keep trying to airdash during my daily bounties in Genshin now.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

padijun posted:

Have the theorycrafters figured out what collei and tighnari’s best weapons will be? I’ve got the elegy and harp for 5*s; rust, the sac bow, fav bow, stringless, and the bp bow for 4*s. Who gets what?

I wouldn't trust much theorycrafting about dendro characters until after people actually get their hands on them and play with them ingame, since the way they play and do damage is pretty different from what TCs are used to working with. I'm guessing either the new craftable bow or the 3.0 event bow will probably be designed to be good for him? But you never know, look at Kazuha's story sword, or Hamayumi with Yoimiya.
That said Collei seems like mostly a reaction support so I'd probably prioritize ER / burst uptime over personal damage and give her Fav or Sac.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 19, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
also and most importantly: it has an airdash button

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Wake me up when one of these BotW style games has grindrails

hello kind gamer may i interest you in one(1) preorder of Sonic Frontiers?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah ToF's story is not really related at all to cybernetics vs humanity so far. It's actually about how humanity destroyed civilization by building the Tower of Fantasy(tm) to harness the zombie radiation from the moon, then literally destroyed the world by making a failed time machine powered by zombie radiation to try and go back before the cataclysm and unfuck everything, which shattered the spacetime continuum or some poo poo. And the megacorp which made the tower & time machine runs what's left of the world. Now a few decades years later (or is it a few hundred years?) a terrorist group is loving with everyone and stealing all their poo poo in an attempt to recreate the time machine and re-attempt the hail mary time machine strat. The robot thing is just a minor subplot when Shirli's zombie radation inhibitor breaks and her brother Zeke defects to the terrorists so they'll make her a nonzombified cyborg body before she dies.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the dodge still feels way better than genshins
i sure am glad to be a zhongli haver so I don't have to think about that stamina bar ever again

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zenostein posted:

Not having any sort of indicator as to whether you can dodge (unless I've just not seen it) doesn't help.

I do like that you can pick off dudes in a camp without alerting the whole camp, that's pretty nice. Even if the ping thing makes it so sometimes headshots are basically instant and sometimes it takes a while for someone to realize they've been shot in the head.

You get a motorbike pretty early into the story, does that help? Seems those mounts are what the 'get off vehicle' shortcut is for, as opposed to vehicles that exist in the world. Still haven't found a way to get off those besides turning off mouselook to click a button, which is annoying. Same goes for the shop/login campaign buttons, which they decided don't belong in the system menu for some reason. Probably fine on mobile, annoying on pc.

You can melee the dandelions, actually. But for the top one you have to double jump and it's a pain to get the lockon for say, the spear, to actually target it (and positioning yourself to hit it and not be in the drat thing's hitbox is difficult). The laser staff thing works well, so long as you shoot precisely at the top of your double-jump. Not that it matters, you basically have to always have that crap bow equipped for all the fire stuff anyway.

There's a dodge meter but it's a little hard to see blue bar that's kinda out of the way along the right edge of the screen. Should be much more prominent.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Xun posted:

Guys gimme thread titles or I'm gona let a markov bot do the next one too!!!!

Genshin Impact 3.0: Remember to water your archon
Genshin Impact 3.0: Walk Like A Sumerian
Genshin Impact 3.0: Anime amongst the pages of Purana

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

I just started playing recently and only got access to the summer event today. Given that it ends in a few days and seems to involve an extremely long quest chain, will I have time to get anything worthwhile out of it, or should I just give it a miss at this point?

I wouldn't bother running around to collect all the chests (at least not unless you have free time afterwards and feel like tooling around for a few handfuls of primogems) but you should definitely try and blast through the event story and follow a guide to collect 16 conches so you can get the free Fischl and her skin.

You can see the locations of all the overworld conches on the official interactive map.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 20, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Helical Nightmares posted:

This would be very cool.

Tower of Fantasy chat

Huh. This I did not know!

Also I detest that crap fire bow. Feels like Amber all over again but without the charm of the character.

This is a good synopsis. It made the infodump by Hykros when I finished that chapter in the main quest yesterday a bit more understandable.

I have some questions from the more veteran ToF players. Genshin fans, if this gets irritating let me know and I'll take it to a new thread. If I have to do an OP though it will be initially pretty brief so don't expect much.

Alright. So I'm looking for advice on what SSR to get for my SSR choice box. I have Shiro (Chakram), Crow (Thunderblades), Cocoritter (Absolute Zero), and Huma (Molten Shield V2). I was thinking of Zero for his pyro ability or Meryl which I hear is good for PVP. I'm toying with the idea of getting the next limited character who has a pyro ranged weapon however so please factor that into your analysis.

My SRs are Echo (Halberd) 6 stars, Pepper (Staff) 2 stars, Ene (Pummeler) 6 stars, Bai Ling (bow) 6 stars, and Hilda (gun) no stars.

Also I have enough Black Gold (120) to pick a SSR that I already have to increase it by one star. What should I pick?

Your choice with the SSR box is basically just down to which playstyle you want to focus on.
Meryl will let you run double tank weapons with her+Huma if you want to play as a tank in party content, and Zero will enable double-support without having to use the SR healing staff so you can be a healer. Zero is not especially good outside of his niche as "the only other standard-banner support" (or if you get tons of dupes) so I would just avoid him unless you really want to play as healer while also wanting to skip the Nemesis banner. Plus Huma already covers the pyro niche and she's great, especially if you pick up her 1* dupe passive which is one of the best in the game and gives a huge damage boost to her active skill.

And yeah Meryl is one of the best weapons in pvp, probably top 3. I got to top 100 on my server using her + huma. But it is just painful going against all the Nemesis 3x healer keepaway teams. If you don't plan to use her for PvE stuff I wouldn't pick her up purely for PvP because the high level pvp meta is just super unpleasant at the moment and gets old fast (until they release a new powercreepy limited to counter nemesis :p ).

King is another option if you do plan to roll for Cobalt the fire shotgun lady later since unlike Huma he will enable double-dps resonance with her so you can bring a support weapon like Coco. If you run Huma + Cobalt as your fire team then you will need some kinda filler DPS to stick in your third slot for that +40% damage passive, so no chance to use Coco. But IDK how big of a deal that is, Huma+Cobalt+Shiro is probably a fine team.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Shiro is also a shield breaker who is tagged DPS though

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MoonCrab posted:

The good ending :)

:confused:

finally i can yoink hilichurl snipers off their little towers as Kazuha without having to climb/jump up after them

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Here's the link to the actual preview notes since nobody linked it and it took way too long to find (why is the front page of hoyolab just random community posts??)

https://www.hoyolab.com/article/7112977

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I'm going to have to fish for Diona in 2 days :negative:

Tighnari is cool though so I won't be too mad about getting spooked early. Would rather have a Kusanali though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
they finally fixed that thing where you can kill your weekly bosses before the battle pass starts up and it'll count retroactively, right?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Fischl is so much cooler in Honkai Impact, wtf
she got added as a collab character a while back, alongside the Andrius boss fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVjUsHoFJDY

Look at all the flair she has in that basic attack string!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mix. posted:

That is Celestia, "the residence of the gods", supposedly where Vision-bearers who perform great heroic feats will ascend to and achieve godhood

Also important detail: those vision-bearers who perform great heroic feats and ascend to godhood are called "genshin" in the CN and JP versions. (Venti explains it in his end-of-Act-1 loredump.) So Celestia & Genshin will proooobably be be pretty relevant to the long-term plot.

But the English TL dropped the ball hard and called them "Allogenes" instead of realizing that it was literally the name of the game.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

原神 or Yuanshen as they call it in China translates more or less to "Original God" in English. Google Translate will tell you it means Genshin Impact now which is also kind of true, but that's it favoring a regional commercial branding over the literal translation if anything.

The English TL has been overall pretty decent, but sometimes they screw things up in consistency like the term "Heavenly Principles" sometimes being revered to by other labels as "the divine" or "destiny", when it refers to some very specific philosophical tenant of Gnosticism which is what a large chunk of Teyvats conventions are based around and pretty important to get across that it's all referring to the same core concept. They also originally had Kuki Shinobu's name translated as Kuki Ninja in some characters voice lines until it became apparent that it was a name Kanji and "忍" was meant to be Shinobu as a given name and not referring to a Ninja. Again both are technically correct but the added context changes how it ought to be translated.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gensin-impact/images/5/5f/Manga_C0_Celestia%27s_Central_Spire.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20210730105408

There is a brief glimpse inside of Celestia in Manga Chapter 0 btw.

"Genshin" is literally just the Japanese reading/pronunciation of 原神, same as e.g. "Nana" is the Japanese reading of "七七" aka Qiqi. (Side note: this is why if you enable Japanese voiceover a lot of the Liyue characters' names change -- their names are still the same characters but they're pronounced totally differently. English uses the Chinese reading for Liyue names like Qiqi but the Japanese reading for Inazuman characters like Ayaka)

In Japan the game is still called 原神 but they use the Japanese reading, and for English/Global they just named the game based off the Japanese pronunciation instead of the Chinese one because they know their customer base is mostly weebs.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
fischl and yae are the same person in two different hats

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

God drat, there are a lot of extra chests and quests after the event story. Some of them are pretty convoluted, no way am I finishing them. I guess I'm gonna miss some significant rewards for the first time ever. Best focus on the unique rewards like furniture I'll never use.

Edit: do I really need to watch a 5 act play?

well technically you could ignore the play and just use the wiki to pick the right actors
but you can't speed it up

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Tighnari/Collei/Fischl/Venti is gonna be the first real 4x bow team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
is it even possible to get the Xinyan domain's chests without coming back later? There were entire huge areas that you didn't visit for the story.