Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

... y'know, I've only just realised that weapons have specific substats lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDRUNFAcyo

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I haven't really notice what Fischl is even saying in jp other than how verbose the the text makes it appear but shes not even being chuuni by saying words in other languages. She's talking in a haughty way with some anachronistic words, the localization is taking huge efforts to convey how much of a dork she is.

Yeah the localization owns.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've been finding that my current team of Xiangling/Qiqi/Fischl/Noelle have been an absolute blast in the meteorite fights, just making GBS threads out massive amounts of physical dps and sustain along with aoe burst when I need it. I've cleared out the event shop of the xp and have gotten Qiqi and Noelle to 70 and Bennett to 50 with it all. It's nice to be at a point where I'm gated by ascension materials again.

Also, I burnt through my entire collection of 3* and lower artifacts leveling up a bunch of 4/5* artifacts. What's a good way to get more until I hit AR45 and start farming artifacts in earnest?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bland posted:

Just run a few artifact dungeons anyway. I've never understood why the community consensus seems to be "DON'T EVEN THINK OF ENTERING ARTIFACT DUNGEONS UNTIL AR45!" when A. Levelling artifacts is the single best way to power up your characters and B. Artifact exp is really hard to come by. I ran around 15 artifact dungeons between 40-45 and I don't regret that use of resin at all.

Oh I already run a few. It's just that with all these ascension mats that I need right now, artifact domains are pretty low priority for me at the moment.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am greatly enjoying the attack animations whenever they kick their weapons to do more attacks.

Now implement one of those for a catalyst user.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Squiddycat posted:

Speaking of...

I know the soundtracks are on Spotify, but are they available for purchase anywhere yet?

Not that I know of, but all the OSTs for patch 1.0 are on the official GI youtube channel for free.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Those definitely don't and are usually treated differently from the other four in most mechanics. For one, anemo and geo can't persist as a status effect. What's weird is there aren't any hydro meteorites.

Rain is the Hydro meteorite.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think my new Genshin team building philosophy is "if I build everyone on my team as a main DPS it's not going to matter who I swap to when I fat-finger my swaps, so it's all good".

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

UltraRed posted:

Until it comes to artifacts, I think this isn't a horrible strategy. I wasn't sure who I wanted as my permanent carry so I built out the MC and Xiangling. Now I've decided on Childe and More lady as my main DPSes. I lose out on the exp books and Ascension materials, but the weapons and artifacts can be repurposed. Most of them were just beginner or mid level sets I leveled up. I also broke the rule of "only focus on your carries" when I was stuck on one of the stupid trial quests and leveled up a ton of people I ended up nevere touching again.

I don't particularly enjoy weapon or artifact management so I don't even have that going for me. I just like being able to dish out numbers with anyone.

Also I tend to forget to actually swap so support might as well be a non-existent role for me :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mailer posted:

Building eight carries, ignoring that most group members are excellent supports and awful carries, is gonna require a lot of whaling or a huge amount of waiting.

TheFluff posted:

team synergy >>>>> character levels

You're talking to the person who only learnt that weapons have substats a week or so ago :v: I just throw stuff on people that look cool and make number go up. I have no plans on going particularly deep into Abyss so it all works anyway.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

All Geoculi get :toot: Took me long enough.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I guess more Geo is good if you can't be hosed to do reactions and just want to purely powerhouse your DPS.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

20 rolls, got Xinyan, Chongyun c1 and Mona c1. Good enough for me.

How should I build Xinyan? For now I just gave her Noelle's hand-me-downs because her shield scales off DEF.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Got the rocker waifu in my first tenpull, sweet but-

Oh goddammit she needs the same ascension material Qiqi does, which suuuuucks to farm :negative:

Welcome to my hell, where both Qiqi and Xinyan are on my main team.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So, turns out that if your internet decides to go a bit wonky when you're picking up rewards in a domain, you just get kicked out without getting the stuff you didn't pick up. Used up a condensed and didn't even get to see what trash 5*s I managed to get :argh: I worked real hard catching that crystalfly!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bussamove posted:

The playerbase is already fast becoming impossible to please so even a free 5* would get screamed about because it has the audacity to be Geo instead of Diluc 2: Dilucer.

I'm not satisfied until the 5* gives me a handy whilst it's DPSing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure those were both jokes

Not entirely, if a stat is the main stat you can't also get it as a substat.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I definitely did notice Xinyan's drums and I'm sad that she doesn't have a cool attack chain. I'm just using her as a support though so it'll only annoy me when I go mining.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ruffian Price posted:

I just unlocked the cold cut platter and, uh

as far as I can tell this is a direct damage bonus that stacks

what stops me from running everything with like ten at a time? surely it has to be counterbalanced somehow

It's a mega pain in the rear end to make and you need a billion raw meats.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TheFluff posted:

This isn't some small 3-man startup in a garage. This is a company with 1500 employees that has had a previous game with tens of millions of accounts out for years at this point. They have their own bespoke forums software and some kind of central accounts API as far as I can tell. There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of clownshoes approach to account security. Like, if you go to the OWASP password reset security cheat sheet, literally the first bullet point is "return a consistent message for both existent and non-existent accounts". That is, the password reset function should not reveal if the account you attempted to reset the password for exists or not. Here they not only reveal the existence of the account, they just give you the email address and/or phone number for free! It's just zero fucks given about any sort of infosec.

Even if they don't have 2FA there's plenty of other things they could do, like at the very least send out email alerts if your account gets logged into from some weird IP. Or they could integrate with haveibeenpwned's API to prevent use of compromised passwords.

Like, everyone should definitely be using a password manager in this day and age (sign up for 1password or start using Keepass or w/e today, don't use lastpass tho) but this is just a gigantic fuckup on Mihoyo's part.

Look, infosec isn't 5*s nor does it have a great rear end

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ashenai posted:

Klee But Jean Confiscated Her Bombs

They took away her bombs, so now she only has her fists.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It should be something like Albedo > Ganyu > Xiao if leaks are to be trusted.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mang Tomas posted:

Really? 2 geo users in a row? And now it will be 3 dudes. I was promised waifus.

Are the leaks always on point for the character banners?

It was a husbando game all along.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just want a buff dude.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Ganyu banner with Amber/Lisa/Kaeya rateup would be pretty funny, ngl

I honestly wouldn't mind too much because all of their constellations help them a lot, especially Lisa.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Amuys posted:

I pray this leak is true at least for all Chong and especially Kaeya fans

I wonder if this will go well with the leaked Ganyu kit or if she'll want another set.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

How good is xinyan? I was going to skip this banner, but I can probably afford to do a few pulls if she's really good at C0/C1.

She's handy if you wanted the specific combination of support, pyro and claymore like I did. Her skill effects are also kicking rad and her shield is pretty strong. Can also pivot into being a DPS, especially if you get a bunch of Cs. She's fine at c0, but gets good support breakpoints at c2 and c4 which also help her own DPS.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

man you think the Zhongli backlash was bad

I can already imagine the redditors screaming at the moon about censorship

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If we ever get a Diona story quest (which I hope that we do, they can't just keep giving them to new 5*s only!), we'll probably get to go to the Cat's Tail.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tae posted:

We had 4 star story quests though. Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Xinqiu, Razor, (Fishl's event), Xingling all had personal quests.

I meant new ones after launch :v: I don't really count the falling stars event, it was as much Mona's event as it was Fischl's quest.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

UltraRed posted:

Some daily quests for milk, but those're few and far between. Just add the stores to your dailies.

Can anyone who's 100%'ed the gliding challenges tell me if there;s any reward for fully completing them all. I got silver on the last challenge, and want to know if it's worth going back and getting the last badge. You pretty much have to get everything almost perfect.

Nothing outside of 3 tier 3 xp cards and E-Peen.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Xythar/status/1337272048968552448?s=20

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I have guaranteed banner pity saved for Ganyu so I should be able to get her which is nice. I'm going to grab the Prototype Crescent for her aimed shots and start farming the cryo artifact set for her ASAP.

My planned team comp with Ganyu as main DPS is probably Ganyu/Mona/Kaeya/Noelle and go for freeze + crit build. Mona to set up freeze, Kaeya for cryo resonance + a DPS build in case of fights that need melee, and Noelle for healing + shields + breaking stuff with claymores.

Before you ask, I don't have Xingqiu :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Does anyone have some sort of map that shows the splits for the regions for map completion etc? I'm stuck at 96% for Windwail Highlands and would like to go chest hunting without wasting time finding chests in adjoining regions.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hexel posted:

what city is this?

Mondstadt

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That one was pretty easy if you have the pay to win option of having Mona and two anemo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnqSKptayI

All these new 5* boys are big himbos.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

XQ probably isn't a bad shout considering you can use him to set up Freeze for Ganyu as an alternative damage source, especially if you get the cryo artifact set for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I find that domains with randos is pretty fun, and having to work out weirdo strategies on the fly with whatever pubbies bring is interesting.

I've mostly just been farming stuff to get Ganyu to 80 immediately lately. Getting a bit tired of cryovine but I'm nearly done with it anyway.