Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

inthesto posted:

Has anyone else noticed that you get slightly different rewards for using original resin compared to condensed resin?

At least in the weapon materials domain, I didn't get a purple drop both times I used condensed resin, and I'm doing the AR40 domain so it should be guaranteed.

I've definitely had runs of the AR40 weapon domains that didn't drop any purples using normal resin.

Distributions I remember seeing:

4 green, 2 blue (or was it 2 green, 4 blue?)
3 green, 3 blue
2 green, 2 blue, 1 purple
2 green, 1 blue, 2 purple
1 green, 1 blue, 1 purple, 1 gold (only seen this once, and it was the very first AR40 run I did lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tsyni posted:

I posted this in the last thread, but there is a data gathering discord where people are collecting information on runs so that they can narrow down the probabilities to get ascension mats and artifacts etc. Some domain levels don't have a big sample size yet, but you can draw some conclusions. Here is the google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ogaEsOEzGdnh-EccL6Y5FSOcEGKFdTFpEW9w5Vo-HCY/edit#gid=538920321

And here is their discord if you want to submit info from a run:

https://discord.com/invite/ydwdYmr

I'm the 100% prototype drop rate for the single reported WL2 wolf run

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mailer posted:

In a decision that was made easier by booze, I decided to level up Diona

She would be so disappointed in you

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oceanid despawned on me the other day.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBH the magic ore mostly feels like extreme future proofing for when you have literally all your current characters and weapons maxed out, at which point your only options for spending resin are ley lines, the artifact lottery, or blindly hoping that the ascension item you're stockpiling is actually relevant for the next thing you pull off the gacha. Also making condensed resin I guess. At that point, som extra refinement ore doesn't seem as useless in comparison.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I saw an update downloading in the background last night that I'm guessing had all the event assets and stuff in it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It's cool how paying attention to the loading screen tooltips clues you in to the whole "no more Mora" thing at the end of the story being an even bigger deal than you might otherwise think. All the character progression stuff that you have to spend Mora on? Yeah, that actually physically consumes the Mora in lore. Basically, we're going to singlehandedly bankrupt the world.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just got around to playing through the quest for the event. Someone please get poor Oz a perch or something, his wings must be exhausted.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just use big sword element instead

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Haha, it sure is cool when a meteorite spawns electro and geo Fatui, you're not running any ice characters, and the caster refuses to actually come inside the circle so you can hit him with your claymore. :shepface:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

YES bread posted:

yeah Genshin is like 1/3rd dudes currently but that is still an incredibly dude-favored ratio compared to a lot of gacha that aren't specifically targeting a female audience. and sometimes, well, it throws people off

https://twitter.com/4Ab1t/status/1328247742364221440

That reminds me, one of the scenes from the first part of the event subjected us to several seconds of Paimon rear end, and I really don't know how to feel about that.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Fischl may have delusions, but she (probably) doesn't have a Delusion.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just hit C5 on Ningguang. Meanwhile I've pulled Beidou once, Diona not at all, and I'm on track to hit Childe before too long. That's fine, because I already have a Rust for him, but please game, just give me the catgirl, I want a cryo that isn't Kaeya.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Kequing, this seems more like a gift for you than one for me.

Look, she's already going on a date with you, what more do you want?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Something I just noticed while rooting around in my inventory: the leftover mora from the haggling in Childe's story quest doesn't automatically get added to your coffers at the end. You have to go back to Northland Bank afterwards and get it exchanged, because rich kid Teucer was carrying around coins in denominations too high for general use.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Pain of Mind posted:

Fly by - iframe dodge

You don't even need to do that, just stick to either side of the platform. The attack doesn't track you at all, he always goes straight down the middle.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mailer posted:

I pity you all for not feeling a bit better about the day every time you get the optimistic "Go, Barbara, Go!"

I'm still waiting to try her new spicy energy drink!!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I feel like the most surprising part of this to me is that the NPC pathfinding is good enough that he can just walk back to his, uh, "post" on foot after the shenanigans are over.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

How much are you all doing co-op that the "can't shield other co-op players" thing becomes relevant at all
Like it's a bit frustrating how supporty "give a buff that persists through character swap" characters can't benefit others in multiplayer but... multiplayer seems barely relevant in this game. There's not really any co-op content that matters except the occasional event.

Co-op makes the artifact domains much more manageable imo.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

My last few trips to do geocube I've taken to just swimming directly to its arena from the waypoint, and it's way less obnoxious than having to mess around with the 3-ish packs of hilichurls along the overland route.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Is there enough stamina for that? I usually do an ice bridge with Chongyboi to reduce the swim distance a little.

There's a small outcrop a little ways into the water that I start from. After gliding down from it, I've got enough stamina left to use about half on fast swimming before paddling the rest of the way. This is with no stamina reduction effects, and I'm pretty sure I've been having Diluc do the swimming, so there's room for improvement here.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo I just noticed the thread tag. :five:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

What? No. Literally all of her damage is geo. You want to prioritize geo damage over any other goblet options you have.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I imagine we might eventually see batches of 4* story quests to help fill out version updates once they're not rolling out whole new systems or areas in every single one.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Pro-tip for those who do artifact runs or check for the Wei on top of Stone Gate:

https://i.imgur.com/N7O25wW.mp4
Getting the one to the east is still kind of annoying (less so you have Venti and Zhongli :smug:), but if you don't mind a little climbing then it can free up your portable waypoint for other spots like crab island.

My thoughts watching this: "Hey, you should really go open that chest that just showed up on your- Oh, it's a leyline that you're deliberately leaving untapped."

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That offkey rendition of the Liyue battle theme. :allears:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBH the whole leadup to that sequence felt so rushed that I'm not really sure what the takeaway is supposed to be. Like, the Adepti talk about using their abilities to modify the Guizhong Ballista, and then five seconds later the modifications are already done, and also the ballista is attached to the Jade Chamber now for some reason? Are we just supposed to chalk all that up to Adepti magic bullshit?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

It's a whole day of not being able to see some numbers go up. Literal torture

TBF I've been not seeing numbers go up for like a week and a half already.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

lol, the devs must have seen that video of Godwin being reunited with his girlfriend:

Patch Notes posted:

Fixes an issue whereby Geo constructs may move NPCs from their positions.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nakar posted:

EDIT: Also, people noted that characters Vision icons on their character screens now match their region. Not only does the Traveler have a unique icon, Tartaglia's icon is also different from everyone else's and is presumably the design for Snezhnayan Visions.

I'm mildly annoyed that Mona doesn't get a different one, too. She's not a Mondstadt native, dammit!

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 24, 2020

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Diluc can just about manage a one cycle of the pillars with good use of animation cancelling, but the timing is very tight.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Lucked into an Albedo at 45 rolls after Tart. Neat, but I was really hoping to hit pity for Ganyu's banner. At least I can tell myself that I wasn't on a guaranteed banner 5*, so there was always a chance I didn't get her.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh, and happy birthday Zhongli, you old himbo :shobon:

I'm curious if the message is different if you haven't finished the plot in Liyue, because some of that stuff is uh, pretty specific. Guessing not, since even if it did change there's no way for it to make sense if you haven't met Zhongli yet.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I slotted Albedo into my Ning team, but also I haven't had a chance to play around with him much yet, because *points at Dragonspine, then Diluc*

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bloody Emissary posted:

How does plunge damage work, anyway? The normal attack talent screen lists a plunge damage stat and a low/high plunge damage stat, so it can't be as simple as slotting the former value into a normal damage equation.

I think the way it works is that the value that just says plunge damage is what you deal to anything you hit during your descent, and then the low/high values are for the AOE when you land.

E: The weirdest thing I've noticed about plunge attacks is that Ningguang's doesn't share any of the rock breaking properties of her normals, even though I'm pretty sure it still does geo damage. It's just as useless for mining purposes as all the other catalyst and bow attacks. Guessing this probably applies to Klee, too.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 3, 2021

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Having Oz floating there doubling the amount of numbers you're sending out makes bow spam feel way more satisfying just by itself.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Also if you have both, Albedo gives better returns. It's a small enough difference that you won't lose out too badly if Mona's higher consistency feels better to you, though.

Mona's also nice for the short term if you still have stuff you want to spend lower level mats on and don't feel like nickel and diming with Albedo to make sure you don't end up with more upgraded mats than you need.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

If it helps, 1.2 implemented a catchup system for people who've taken long breaks.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

For whatever reason I have much better luck getting prototype drops from Childe than the other bosses. Pretty sure he's given me more since his release than the other two put together since launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Check the other side of the tree!