Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

kater posted:

I finally got myself Qiqi'd, I've wanted her for so long. I did want Kazuha too cuz he's a very good boy but thinking of a team comp for him is gibberish so hey happy solution.

Was looking for advice concerning my problem with swords though:

For Qiqi, there are 2 actually pretty decent support builds you can use. 4 piece Millelith which works better with Sacrificial Sword, and 4 Piece Noblesse which works better with Favonius Sword. Both are pretty mediocre at low weapon refinement, but both improve a decent amount with every refinement of their weapons (Sac 5 gives her effectively 100% uptime, and Fav 5 lets her fund her own ult comfortably).

If you're, like, a HUGE Qiqi fan I'd refine the Sac Sword and try to find a way to get it off XQ. If you're a moderate Qiqi fan I'd use Favonius instead. If you're a weird Qiqi fan, Flute + Blizzard Strayer DPS Qiqi is a thing people do? Apparently?

Other than that, Flute should 100% be refined as high as possible since you have 2 other decent DPS swords. If you use Kaeya more than Traveler you should pass it to him, too. Skyward and Festering can stay on Jean and Benny, though you might want to swap them since Skyward's high base attack is better for Benny's burst. Or not. The difference is pretty small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Boat Stuck posted:

Is Childe or Hu Tao a good character to get for my first 5*? Or should I keep waiting for Ganyu or Yae?

Childe is decent. His team's power level is really high (Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Flex), but you need to raise both him and Xiangling to make the most of it. He's a good pickup for long term investment or for more established players, but he won't clear everything on his own like some other 5 stars.
Hu Tao is really good. She only needs Xingqiu and the other 2 are really flexible slots. The only problem is that she doesn't have good F2P weapons, but if you have Dragon's Bane/Deathmatch/Blackcliff then you're all set.
If you get both you can easily clear almost all content between their 2 teams.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Note Block posted:

Yeah I'm way less interested in the most powerful characters and team comps and would like to know more about various comps that don't rely on 2/3 or 3/3 national or kazuha and zhongli forever. I have all 4* and Yoimiya, Raiden, Kokomi as my 5* event characters plus various c0-c2 standard banner 5* characters. If every team relies on national members, I'm always going to be frustrated and confused when trying to build out additional teams without them. I've heard Fischl and Beidou are good together so who else can I jam in there that's not a national member or an older event 5* (and not raiden since she's actually on my national team lol)

Honestly the best way to find out stuff like this is just to ask people. I'll go ahead and post a Beidou tldr if you want.

Basically, Beidou is an off field dps that needs 2 things to work: a lot of electro energy, and an onfield auto-attacker. Fischl is the default electro battery since she also does good single target damage, but electro traveler can also work. Then, you want an onfielder with quick auto attacks that doesn't care about using vape, melt, or freeze to amp their own damage (because the electro reactions will mess with consistency). The last character will be a healer/buffer/debuffer/resonance enabler, fitting in as many roles as you can into that single slot. Honestly the teams can be extremely flexible. Examples:

Yoimiya/Beidou/Fischl/Bennet
Kokomi/Beidou/Fischl/Kazuha
Sucrose/Beidou/Fischl/(Xingqiu/Kokomi/Barbara)
Ningguang/Beidou/Fischl/(Zhongli/Noelle)

It doesn't have to be optimal. If Beidou is C2 or higher, she does enough damage on her own, against 2 or more enemies, that the onfield character can be anyone. I've cleared abyss with the onfield character being a physical "DPS" Qiqi.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Hexel posted:

A question on fishing nodes: sometimes i notice a dynamic spawn as i am actively fishing a node. So if i only need pufferfish, is it ok to just cherrypick the pufferfish from all the nodes where they are spawned at?

Or: should i fish out completely every node where they are possible in order to encourage them to spawn more?

The way it works is that each fishing location spawns X amount of fish, but only 5(?) can be displayed at the same time. I forgot the exact numbers when I stopped fishing for the catch, sorry. If you're only looking for 1 or 2 specific types of fish, the strategy was to fish out random fish until new ones stop spawning, then change the time of the day and repeat.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

So do I need to take her talents to level 8 then? It just says which ones to level, but not how far. She's C6 and lvl 70 now. Probably should remember to give her The Catch when I try to use her too.

I'm just trying to get generally as close to every character I use being able to hit at or close to 10k damage like Eula does and so far that's Eula, Razor, Ningguang, Xingqiu's skill, Noelle's burst with geo shred thanks to Zhongli.

Honestly, it looks like you just need more good artifacts. Go grind artifacts for your favorite character for like a month. If you don't have a specific domain in mind, do the Severed Fate domain. Hand off their old artifacts to your other characters. The starting point is a set of level 20 5-star artifacts with Attack/Elemental Damage/Crit main stats, and remember that substats and artifact levels are generally more important than set bonuses. During my first 9-star Abyss 12, my Childe was using 2 HoD/2 Wanderer's, and my Albedo was using 2 Thundering Fury/2 Blizzard Strayer.

Actually, there's another concept that people don't generally talk about it too much. You should figure out roughly which percentage of your team's damage comes from which character/skill. It's WAY too much information to talk about quickly, but here's the TL;DR. In most teams it's a single character, and sometimes a single skill, which does the VAST majority of the team's damage. If you want to clear high level content efficiently, it's better to hyper-invest in a single unit, and prioritize the skills that contribute the most damage. So, in a Eula team, priority 1 is getting to 80/90, talents 9/6/9 (skill does comparatively little damage), 70/140 crit ratio, max level 4 Pale Flame, and max level weapon. THEN you can start to build Fischl/whatever your electro character is. Same for Xiangling. Level 80/90, talents 1/6/9 (actually 1/9/12 at C6, but you know what I mean), 70/140 crit, max level 4 Severed Fate, and max level The Catch. THEN you can start to build Xingqiu and your other support. That thing people used to say about people clearing abyss with a level 70 Diluc and level 1 Xingqiu isn't a myth, it's actually "optimal" if you want to clear as fast as possible.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Boat Stuck posted:

How are you supposed to play Childe?

I did his story mission to try him out, but he seems kind of difficult to use? There's 12 second+ cooldown between switching between melee and ranged? And using his ultimate automatically puts you back into ranged mode even if you were in melee stance?

Also bows tend to have lower base attack, right? So if you're using Childe mostly in melee mode, and you're using a 4* bow, won't his damage be lower than a melee-only character?

He IS pretty complicated to use, compared to someone like Ayaka or Hu Tao, but not really by that much. The most tl;dr summary is: Childe is an onfield enabler for Xiangling and Beidou/Fischl. He applies Hydro very quickly for Xiangling to Vaporize or to activate Beidou/Fischl's abilities. You use Bennet's Q, then your other supports' abilities, then Childe's bow Q, then switch to melee stance and attack for 8 or 9 seconds, then switch to Bennett to spam his skill for energy.

It definitely takes some time to get used to, and with practice you'll figure out more advanced things like when to stay in melee stance longer or when to use your melee Q. If you're interested in the very NOT tl;dr summary, there's a very good updated Google Docs guide to Childe here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1giYCSZYsKEuu6QLuHPtQjMZGhbwD79vEu7SL91oXOXY/

Edit: beaten by half the forum. But the guide is good!

Space Opera posted:

As someone building a tazer team with Childe, I found it helpful! With regards to Rust, I thought his hits in melee counted as "normals" for him and thus benefited from Rust's passive?

Yes, his melee attacks are "Normal Attack Damage." However, the attack he does when he changes to melee is "Elemental Skill Damage." This is important to know if you're interested in his new 5 star bow, since you need to do burst, skill, normal, and charged attack damage to get the full benefit. I have no idea whatsoever if it affects his Riptide stuff. I've been maining him since his first release and still have no idea what any of them are classified as, or even their names.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 11, 2021

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Sanctum posted:

Does stringless do anything for his skill or is it all melee attacks not affected by the stringless modifier?

Stringless and Rust are actually perfectly mutually exclusive. Anything one of them affects, the other will not. Stringless boosts his stance change and burst, Rust boosts his bow and melee normals and lowers his bow and melee charged attacks. Again I have 0 idea about the riptide stuff sorry.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Maybe it's just janky translation, but I'm reading that as "when off-field, you get 1 stack per 3 seconds from the on-field character's geo damage". So for example you could put this set on Xinyan and stack the defense buff on her by hitting stuff with Itto. (Not that def build Xinyan is any good.)

It works perfectly with him, to the point that I'm sure they designed it so that it specifically does. You gain a stack every tine you deal geo onfield, once every 0.3 seconds. Optimal Albedo rotation is:

1. E: 1 stack
2. Hit with sword, proccing E: 2 stacks
3. Cancel sword hit into Q: 3+4 Stacks
4. Use E again, hit with sword again, switch. Stacks maintained forever.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

xK1 posted:

I played heavily for the first couple months, then took a break last December, and came back about a month ago for Aloy. My main goal right now is to clear floors 9-12 of the abyss (not necessarily three stars on everything yet though)

Does anyone have any suggestions for teams for that, or who I should focus on levelling? My main team is usually Bennet and Barbara with either Diluc & Venti or Razor & Fischl, but I haven't settled on a solid secondary team yet.

Diluc/Xingqiu/Zhongli/Bennet on one side, Kokomi/Beidou/Fischl/(Venti/Sucrose) on the other, would be very close to what I've been using recently to 36 star abyss. The second team is surprisingly flexible, since you can give Kokomi the Dragonslayer book and Millileth set, and give the buffs to either Fischl or Beidou depending on if you're fighting 1 or multiple targets.

Danakir posted:

So I've been thinking, is there any reason to keep any artifacts from sets that are exclusively 4* nowadays? At least for a mature account. Obviously, I only keep the best pieces but even so I was going through my artifacts for stuff I could junk earlier and realized that I haven't used any artifacts from any of those sets in months.

Anything I'm missing that might make some of those sets uniquely applicable?

I'd keep a circlet from the hydro and electro resist sets, maybe the other ones too. They're useful in abyss once in a while. Some people keep a 4 set of instructors if you want to hypercharge a certain character. Like, a Diluc team with 4 Noblesse Xingqiu and 4 Instructor Bennet.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

Okay this date with Raiden is cute and all but I still fail to see why anyone other than Yae would want to do anything with her other than give her the revolutionary's handshake after she clearly states she knew exactly what was going on, didn't care and would still be doing it if the traveler didn't kick her rear end

Other people gave different answers but I'm pretty sure the truth is that she's actually just invincible? Like, the traveler had their dramatic last act anime powerup for the climactic final battle for the fate of the nation and at the end Raiden was just standing there completely uninjured like ":geno: oh I lost this duel I guess I'll listen to what you have to say."

Also she's the county's literal deity. Imagine you're a student praying for class to be cancelled because you didn't finish whatever assignment, except the person you're praying to lives down the street and she could actually do it, by cutting the school in half from her living room. That's life in Inazuma.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

BabyRyoga posted:

Ok, I think I am almost at the point where I should be able to 9 star every level of the Spiral Abyss. Something feels a little off, though.

Was using first 4 on team A (National + Raiden), followed by next 4 on team B (Weird Taser team)

I feel like I could come up with two better teams, though. First 11 chars are mostly built (With full artifact sets that are at least somewhat decent, and weapons leveled to 70ish)

Edit: Added c levels

Well, your strongest DPS units are the C4 Xiangling and C6 Beidou, so you should get them both to 80/90, burst level 9(12), with level 90 weapons. Your strongest single team is Raiden National, and then the other one can be Beidou/Ele battery/anemo/Kokomi. Diluc is pretty bad with no Xingqiu, so it's more effecient to focus an buffing Beidou as much as you can. I don't know how good Keqing is as a battery/Beidou driver, so I invite any Keqing chime in. If she's good, Keqing/Beidou/Sucrose/Kokomi would work. If not, you might need to use Kokomi/Beidou/Ele Traveler/(Sucrose/Venti).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Sanctum posted:

e: Is it even possible to get full stars when the flying ruin guard stays up high firing missiles for a full minute (a very long time.) I'll swap raiden for fischl next time but god... what an rear end in a top hat.

I haven't tried the new abyss, but for the one that ended yesterday then no, no chance, sorry. If you want full stars then the hunter (and grader) essentially need to be collateral damage while you hunt down the snakes and flying doritos.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

BabyRyoga posted:

which billet weapons are even worth making, honestly

Swords:
Iron sting is good for Kazuha and TF Bennett, and a few others, but can stay at R1. Amenoma is good on tons of characters that would like a bit of ER, but not enough to run an actual ER weapon (Ayaka, Jean, Kazuha, etc). You can minmax the refinement level for specific characters, but R5 is very comfy.

Spears:
Kitain is good on Xiangling if your Catch is on someone else. Starglitter is an ER statstick you might be forced to use, but you'll never be happy to.

Claymores:

Proto Archaic is a decent stat stick for almost everyone, but not really worth refining. Whiteblind is good for Noelle and Itto if you don't buy battlepass weapons. The Sayu claymore is an ER statstick you might be forced to use etc.

Catalysts:

Mappa Mare is better than nothing. Proto Amber is good if you want to make a more DPS oriented Kokomi. Yoi can also use it to make some characters like Ning and Mona into psuedo healers. Don't make Hakushin if you don't know what you're doing, but you can use it for some catalyst Beidou drivers.

Bows:

Proto Crescent is a decent stat stick and good for Ganyu.

Those are the ones I have positive opinions on.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Amber can optimally double-pyro her way back to my bench, Thoma is here now to provide pyro backup to Hu Tao. But I wish so badly I could make a carry of this dude. Cool model, great animations, very satisfying attack string on a weapon I normally dislike. Oh well, shield and swap out, king.

In the back of my mind I've had an idea for a team for a bit, but since I got nothing but Sayus I can't try it out myself. The team is Thoma/Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu. Thoma is using refinement 5 Kitain, 4 Thundering Fury, EM/EM/EM. Basically, Thoma auto attacks for Beidou, and every time he overloads (every 2 seconds on average?) it does a bit under 20k damage and reduces his skill's CD. Since there is no selfish DPS, you are free to switch parry with Beidou at any time, which also activates Thoma's talent, reducing his CD even more. This should easily allow you to use it every 10 seconds, allowing you ta activate Kitain twice in a rotation, for 30 total energy.

The overall high enery generation of the team and the fact that Thoma is onfield most of the time means you should be able to get away with not building ER except for substats, though you might need constellation 4 to pull it off. The lower HP on Thoma himself doesn't matter as much as it usually does because of Beidou and Xingqiu's damage reduction. Also, this is a great team fot Elegy Fischl if you have one.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if any of this actually works. Maybe someday I'll be able to test it.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Without testing it the biggest problem that springs to mind is that this comp would probably end up with a ton of Overloaded reactions while everyone except Fischl is melee, so you're going to be chasing after poo poo constantly. It is a beautiful dream though.

That's also part of the magic. Since the biggest percentage of damage from the team comes from Beidou, you can just switch from Thoma to Fischl if an enemy bounces out of range. And, even if you want to chase, you will likely have full stamina. That's because with of all the shields, damage reduction, and parries, you usually won't ever need to dodge (maybe, TDB based on testing). Hopefully I pull at least 1 Thoma before the banner ends...

Also I'm just gonna be honest here and admit that I don't even see anything that can be overload bounced as a real enemy anymore lol

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

Actually quite interesting... it implies I can try leveling some of my attack headpieces. You'll certainly find someone who wants the crit dmg piece though, crit dmg strayer is pretty popular!

It's extremely rare that this sort of thing happens, but it's a known quality of Ayaka. Everything about her, from artifacts to team compositions to elemental resonance, are about boosting crit value, to the point it actually starts hitting diminishing returns. Even her BiS 5 star weapon doesn't give an attack boost. This doesn't even happen with Ganyu, since both her BiS 4 and 5 star weapons give tons of attack bonuses.

The only other character I know that this happens to is Albedo, who can use crit rate/damage/defense circlets depending on their substats, and with his new sword and set even this might not be true anymore.

Ardlen posted:

4-piece tenacity? Pretty much constant uptime.

Thoma's fire is elemental burst, not skill. ToM actually has really bad uptime, which is a shame, and also, a personal attack directed at me specifically.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

BabyRyoga posted:

Is there some innovative combo people have been using a Diluc in as a melt-based team?

The prob I have now is I can run Raiden national team, but if I want to use either Diluc or Hutao, that team is prob getting broken up. Using the Spiral Abyss tracker site is no help, every team is some variation of national or has Zhongli, Mona, or Kazuha in it.

The version I know is Diluc/(Cryo)/Kazuha/Diona. It works like this: Diluc hits with pyro > Kazuha E swirls pyro > Diona E clears pyro, then Diona Q establishes cryo and leaves an on-field cryo applicator > Kazuha Q infuses with cryo, leaving another on-field cryo applicator > cryo unit E/Q, leaving another on-field cry applicator > Diluc does Diluc stuff, making sure to never establish a pyro aura. Unfortunately, Kazuha is by far the most consistent anemo infuser for what you have to do. I don't even know if it works without him.

Besides that, one thing you could try is the Raiden pure overload variation: Raiden/Xiangling/(Sucrose/Kazuha)/Bennett. It trades Vaporize damage for the ability to not use Xingqiu (biggest benefit tbh), double element anemo shred, and the usual Sucrose/Kazu buffs (TTDS is passed to Xiangling).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

MotU posted:

Who would a R5 Wavebreaker's Fin serve best on? I got a homa for Hu Tao and Engulfing Lightning for Raiden. Don't have The Catch R5 yet. Have a C6 Xiangling and a C6 Thoma, a C0 Zhongli, and a C2 Rosaria I don't use much

At R5 Wavebreaker is Xiangling's unambiguous BiS, over Homa and Engulfing Lightning, in most teams. You can treat it as basically a refinement 7-ish The Catch most of the time

kater posted:

What would a person do with an Aquila favonia they get the same day they leveled a second skyward blade to 90.

Besides tilt.

Boring answer: Bennett
Good answer: Physical dps Qiqi

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Tae posted:

I genuinely hate sucrose's playing style to the point that I"m juicing Sayu to be my VV bot

(Venti has issues in fights when he can't succ which is getting more common)

I don't know what kind of Sucrose you guys are playing, but the real Sucrose playstyle is that you do some skills and bursts, switch to Sucrose, then mash random buttons until everything dies. A silky smooth playstyle, great for people with silky smooth brains, like myself.

No Wave posted:

After months of people shitposting about his C2 most people just use him in freeze where it literally does nothing. Pretty lol.

What, no way. People use Kazu in every type of team, from good ones like Vape/Melt to bad ones like Overload/Electocharge. C2 is great in those, even if it's pretty marginal for the latter 2.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

AshtonDragon posted:

The concurrent Albedo and Eula banners were confirmed by the stream.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/17072

Ugh. I wanted Eula and my thoughts were 2.3 Albedo/Itto, 2.4 Xiao or Ganyu/New Liyue Character, 2.5 earliest possible Eula appearance. Oh well, at least the 300 primos from the stream codes boosted my total primo count up to... 369 :smith:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

So hitting 90 is about a 7% damage increase for the cost of 172 purple xp books. For reference it takes 146 books to bring a 4* character from level 1 to level 70/80.... So would you rather have 7% increased damage or level a whole new party member?

If you don't care about spiral abyss you can do whatever you want. But, if you do, a 7-9% increase in damage for your hypercarry is absolutely better than getting a new character to 70/80.

Looking at my Hu Tao, I think I did 48k charge attacks at 80/90, 9/9/9, then at level 90 I do 51k. Then if I went to 10/10/9 it would go up to 56k, for a total increase of around 8k. My super ripped Albedo (90, 1/9/8) does about 16K damage every other Hu Tao charge attack, which is almost exactly the amout of team damage.

So yeah, if you have a 80/90, 9/9/9 Hu Tao and you pick up Albedo next week, get your Hu Tao to 90/90, 10/10/9 and take your level 1 Albedo into Spral Abyss 12 lol

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Anno posted:

Hmm I’ll double check tomorrow but I don’t think I even had one of those? I know I have like 10 Black Tassels, and I see she’s a character who seems to scale offense off of HP, but everything else about that weapon seems bad for someone who looks like she should be a hard carry sort of character.

White Tassel is a treasure chest drop in the Liyue region. It's good because you get it for free, but it's also not good because if you use them as weapon EXP you can't get any more ever again.

It has a crit rate main stat and increases normal attack damage by a pretty big amount. Its low base attack matters less for Hu Tao than it would for other characters because the boost she gets from her skill is "flat attack," which doesn't interact with base attack like "attack %" does. When I'm using Hu Tao for exploration I switch to it and 2xWitch/2xTenacity, just for ease of use.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

dogsicle posted:

Sayu is my most invested anemo in levels/talents, lol. don't even use her since F10

90 3/9/9 and she's got three maxed sword options

Strongly considering doing something like this once I'm done with my current projects. At some point there's gonna be some new exploration content and then what am I gonna do? NOT use Sayu?

Might as well have her do some damage, instead of no damage.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Anno posted:

When building Hu Tao is it just HP > Crit > …EM? She doesn’t seem to need much in the way of ER. I know I don’t have a great party to run her with nor an amazing weapon but it’s so fun to play her that I’m gonna do it anyway.

You build her exactly like any other melt/vape DPS, except with %HP replacing %Attack. Crit is usually highest priority, HP is nice when you can get it. You don't need ER, and you only need EM if you're doing Vape/Melt.

If you don't have Xingqiu or don't want to use him for whatever reason, you can try Deathmatch/White Tassel with HP/Pyro/Crit, 4 Shimenawa or 2 Tenacity/2 Crimson Witch. If you do have Xingqiu, EM becomes more important, so you can additionally use Dragon's Bane, try out an EM sands instead of HP, and use 4 Crimson Witch or 2 Crimson Witch/2 Wanderer's Troupe.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

dogsicle posted:

thanks to you both, i dunno if i'll even really decorate with the flowers so i have not felt too precious about them. i kept enough of the stuff i harvested that i like just in case, so we should all be good

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1461159725572268035?s=20

KFC glider is finally here, and the promo is weird ngl. but CN players did have to buy chicken buckets so i suppose it makes some sense that this requires a buy-in. i don't really follow genshin streamers so it'll be interesting to see who's on the list, would be nice to throw Tenten or Code some subs if that works out.

I aint giving twitch :10bux: for glider wings lmao

Get this poo poo out of here mhy. Let us buy chicken like a civilized country

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Twisc posted:

ahh this is it. i somehow forgot about thoma's burst giving sucrose pyro on her normals. thanks

e: r5 thrilling tales or r1 sac fragments for this comp?

Probably doesn't matter honestly. This feels like the sort of thing where you can get a theorycrafter to make you a spreadsheet and after a dozen rows and columns of numbers it turns out that X is 1% better with weapon Y, unless you use artifact set Z...

Sac Frags is probably better if you're using Deatchmatch with Shimenawa, but the difference is smaller if you're using Witch. That sort of thing.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Magus42 posted:

Hm, guess that means I'll probably end up with C6 Bennett then; I'm definitely pulling for Eula at a minimum but possibly both, and I think the red ! would drive me insane if I tried to not unlock the last constellation...

I've thought about this for a while in case this situation happened to me, but does C6 Bennet actually matter anymore? Or is the "Bennet C6 Bad" just anothet case of "common knowledge" from last year that ended up being pointless nowadays?

Ayaka, Ganyu, and Hu Tao don't use Bennet. Xiangling's drivers have infusions that can't be overridden. Xiao and Itto's infusion also can't be overridden. The other pyro carries actively like the boost. Beidou doesn't care what damage her drivers do. Is it literally just Eula? But even Eula usually uses Diona.

Can anyone else think of something that Bennet C6 "ruins"?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

I am not that thorough! There are people w/ pictures of their 282 sigils.

I have 283. According to the stats I'm missing like 4 chests, and quite frankly I'm never going to look for them. Bye bye, ~10 ish primos.

Kale posted:

The first instance I remember hearing of Itto was when they literally uploaded a teaser to him to the official twitter out of nowhere about 5 weeks ago at 6:00am EST and it got something ridiculous like 200K likes in a day or something.

Mhy announces characters right before the beta for that version begins. It's because they know that if they wait, beta leakers are going to beat them to the punch. This way they can reveal characters on their own terms. Expect the 2.4 characters to be revealed very soon, probably before 2.3 launches.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Kokomi was leaked months before her release as "Mimi" with a somewhat different design. Google "Mimi Genshin" if you want to see some old leaks.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Tanreall posted:

An interesting team that hasn't come up here but has been making rounds in other circles for a bit that could be interesting with C6 Bennett is EM Razor.

:(

This was the reason I decided to ask about C6 Bennett to begin with. The team was going to be Razor/Sucrose/Albedo/Bennett. Sucrose provides pyro shred and EM boost. Albedo provides more EM boost and his geo doesn't mess up reactions. Bennett was going to be using instructor to raise everyone's EM even more, and his raw attack boost would be more noticible now that no other team member was using Atk sands. Oh well, it'll still be fun to try it out, even if I didn't "invent" it myself.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

padijun posted:

:corsair: does anyone even use 4pc noblesse any more

Actual strongest unit in the game, Bennett.
Thoma, if you're using him as a madcatz Bennett for abyss team 2 (not worth it for Hu Tao, imo).
Diona, in both superconduct and freeze teams.
Mona, in Dionaless freeze teams.
Jean/Sayu/Sucrose, in Xiao teams
Various burst supports if there's nobody else on the team with noblesse already (e.g. Sara, Xingqiu, Rosaria)

It's still pretty popular.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Anno posted:

Is it at all worth it to put resin towards farming artifacts before I can get 5* versions? Or should I just keep focusing on ascension/talent stuff for now and just hack together what I pick up from around the world?

If you're at the AR 40 domains, I would absolutely pick up a 4 piece Viridescent set if your dps uses non-physical damage. They can be 4 star, %hp, level 0 artifacts if you want, and you can use anemo traveler if you have nobody else. It's a huge boost for relatively little investment.

Besides that, I guess you can run a few domains for the artifact exp if you don't want to do overworld artifact runs. I wouldn't recommend it but you can do it if you want. Getting raw artifact levels on your non-flower artifacts is important, even if you can't get set bonuses or good substats.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The super secret of the artifact grind is that you can gear every damage dealer in the game up to around 90% power using nothing but the shimenawa domain and artifact strongboxes. When you have good pieces you can just pass them around. Most people don't realize this, but getting a BiS 4 piece is just as much of a vanity thing as crowning or leveling to 90.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

There's just too many teams where the gameplay is essentially the same.

I pulled Hu Tao for a change of pace, but when I was practicing her Geo Tao team I realized "Hey wait a minute, this is just Raiden National." Then I thought, wait, in both International and Taser Childe you're also just cycling through skills and bursts, then attacking nearly invincibly within a circle. Both my taser teams with Koko are the same thing (but you can't even see the circle, lol). Well, what about that wacky EM Razor blastwolf team? Same thing. Let's all just cycle through supports and stand in the circle.

This is why the best team is overvape Hu Tao. Nothing stays in any location for any amount of time

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Those teams really do all play the same though. Maybe it's because I was a Bennett-less Klee main for a few months, but I miss the really outrageous mechanical and positional stuff I had to do to scrape up abyss clears without eating absolute poo poo to pretty much everything. Even tried going Zhongl-less for a patch and it's just not the same :(

Mhy why did you make the best buffer also the best healer? I want big number, but also the ever present threat of death, and also the freedom to move around. There are surprisingly few teams that give that nowadays.

My hope is that Shenhe is a snapshotting, burst orbital, off field dps. I could play Tao as an enabler, zooming around the battlefield halfway dead, jumping up and down with kazu when I felt like it...

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The oceanid birds and specters are so annoying that I farmed an EM thundering fury set for Raiden, just for this. Then I use whatever unleveled catalyst user I have on hand to deliver an overload or electrocharge to them.

It's definitely not worth it, but EM thundering fury has other uses so meh.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Detheros posted:

Just play whoever's fun to you, gently caress numbers and the abyss.

What is fun to me, is both playstyle and numbers, and also beating up strong enemies. Everyone that recently mentioned the best character in the game, Kazuha, has absolutely the right idea. Fun to play, easy to use for beginners, a lot of depth for more experienced players, does the big number, makes others do the big number. 10/10, perfect character.

They should add a new banner to the game similar to the Noelle banner: the Kazuha banner, that you can only pull on using Kazuha fates, which you earn for free. The fact that there are people who play this game Kazuless is frankly heartbreaking.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Pretty sure you're reading it wrong. It's definitely made specifically for Geodudes, and I don't think they would make it so that you can't use Itto's skill in your rotations. What it means is that if you deal damage of a different ELEMENTAL type the bonus goes away. So if you deal pyro damage, then deal more pyro damage, it starts to stack. But if you deal pyro damage, then hydro damage, the boost goes away. I wonder if using Kazuha is still worth it, even if his burst breaks the chain by dealing anemo damage. Turbo Raiden might be a great team here, even at C0. PP Klee with Xiangling/Thoma/Bennet is probably good. It's interesting to think about, even if "bulldoze everything with National and Morgana" is probably the right answer, as always.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Redmark posted:

Will we get gameplay details for these two before the next banners end? Do people expect much overlap between Shenhe/Eula and Yunjin/Albedo?

When 2.4 beta drops pretty soon, everything about both kits will be instantly datamined. Then, over the course of 2.3 there will likely be adjustments to numbers or general functionality, but no real big changes.

By the way, I absolutely wouldn't trust anything anybody says about power level during this time. Unless they're just generically good in a predictable way, like if Shenhe really does end up being 5 star Rosaria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

dogsicle posted:

there's a cryo set that has been sitting unused for a while now

Neat. They should change overload to be a 2 aura reaction like electrocharge, so that cryo dps can melt/conduct like pyros can over/vape. Otherwise that superconduct boost is going to be absolutely worthless.