Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

In one 10 pull I got Noelle, Xiang and XQ. The next 10 I got another XQ and a Favonius Sword. Now he's C3 and I wish I had Childe to pair with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kild posted:

Pitied Dilu instead of Big Titty Goat GF :(

I got Keqing. I have a C6 Fischl, I don't need another electro. :argh:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone know if the gladiator 4pc applies to Noelle when she's in burst mode? The game keeps giving me gladiator artifacts with DEF% and other stuff good for her.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

No Wave posted:

Replace it for what? It's her best set.

I'd rather have a good bolide set since gladiator doesn't boost spin damage but this will do me just fine, especially since I'm AR40 and don't wanna waste resin on artifacts before 45.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Tfw everyone just forgets about Amber, even only as pyro enabler...

If you can trigger her C2 Baron Bunny as Ganyu maybe but good luck getting C2 Amber.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Crud, 20 rep points away from getting the portable teleporter and Mondstadt treasure finder. Gotta hope I finally unlock the Equivalent Exchange quest sometime this week or I'm SOL until next week.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ghostwritingduck posted:

How far into the game does the gacha stuff start happening? I’m a slow player and haven’t encountered those things yet.

I think they opened up at AR8, if you check the AR rewards at the guild lady it should tell you.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Clarste posted:

I thought it was tied to quest progression. It's always happened to me right when you meet Jean in Monstadt.

Might be that too and I just happened to hit a new adventure rank when I unlocked the shop.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

padijun posted:

so this is the patch we get one of the six liyue 4*s?

That's later in the month.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh boy, you get to farm two different 40 resin bosses for materials to ascend Xiao. I'll finally have the spare hurricane seeds I need to make a wind catcher at least.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mailer posted:

If that was a 60 resin weekly respawn everyone who pulls Xiao would burn down Mihoyo's office.

The Primo Geovishap? No it's 40 like other ascension material bosses. You're still spending twice as much resin to ascend one character unless you wanna spend stardust to convert all the non-anemo materials you get from the Geo.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ibblebibble posted:

I believe its gimmick is that it will have a different elemental configuration each time you fight it? Mine was water when I fought it with Ganyu.

Also you can counter its big attack with a geo or like-element shield.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Did a single standard roll from leveling Xiao and got a 2nd Amber constellation. Can Ganyu's charged shot trigger C2 Baron Bunny or will only Amber's do it?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

silvergoose posted:

Well that sure is a Mona.

Ummmm so if I've got Albedo, Jean, and a host of 4*'s at various constellation levels (notably Sucrose and Fischl pretty high)...what does Mona even fit with? Xingqiu -> Sucrose swirl -> Mona burst? Mona + Xiangling or Bennet? Doesn't really belong in any configuration at all?

Mona's good in any group since her thing is making enemies take more damage.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Finally got to AR45 and that dang resin pass can't come fast enough.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ytlaya posted:

This tower thing is a lot of fun. I went all in on fire and ice towers to begin with (both are at level 4 now). Haven't managed to prevent all enemies from getting through yet, though; 1 or 2 have slipped through each of the three times I've done it (up to 1.2x).

Jean is kind of cheap against small units with it, since she can basically toss them off the ledge on her skill's cooldown.

Mona has also been very useful. I imagine that some of the Ruin Guards would have been a problem if I wasn't able to freeze them so much (using the ice towers + Mona's skill that pulses water). If I had used both water and ice towers it would have meant fewer fire towers and too low DPS.

Ganyu trivializes it. Haven't had one enemy make it through once even on 1.4x

Also you can apparently outright block them with geo traveler.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 11, 2021

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Framboise posted:

Jean and Sucrose are so OP in the tower defense game. Just yeet those fuckers off the stage.

Geo slimes are absolutely awful though if you have no way to bust their shields.

I usually put pyro/electro towers near the enemy gates to blow up any shields as soon as they show up and if they somehow make it past them they'll never make it past Ganyu and the hydro towers.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

LOL another day another Liyue guy who sucks at love.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ytlaya posted:

In the tower defense what's the best way to deal with the Ruin Hunters (the flying ones, I think those are Hunters), specifically on Level 4?

I tried putting multiple Pyro Towers (at level 6), but that didn't seem fully sufficient. It killed some, but not all (sometimes one would pass through during a gap when none of the towers would shoot at it). Ruin Graders (the really big Ruin Guards I think) were also giving me some trouble. During my second try of Level 4 I set up Pyro Towers along the whole path (with the idea of keeping some firepower on them for the whole lane), and this worked better than my first try (where my towers were almost all near the portals), but 3 or 4 still got through.

Easiest way is a long line of hydro and cryo towers. If you have Ganyu it's even easier.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

AweStriker posted:

They fire real fast for good damage but the aiming on them is... odd. That might be all turrets though.

Having one or two at the top of a long, winding path is worth it since the shots are homing after Lv.5 and they have very long range. Couple this with an electro/cryo combo at an enemy gate to superconduct them on the way in (or just an electro if you have Ganyu) and you have very efficient damage over a large area.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tae posted:

It's noelle probably, not Razor.

Again so soon? She was just on the last one.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bland posted:

Is Mysticus Mechanicus: Desire worth unlocking and levelling? The description doesn't really paint a good picture of its effectiveness.

It's at least an 80% damage bonus to all towers in range so yeah.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hell yeah got Ning on my 4th pull (and a Dragon's Bane on 3rd). Between that and the freebie from the event I'll have her at C2 and I can go back to saving.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It's such a bummer there's zero reason to do the special difficulty tier of the TD other than it's own sake. Just give me an achievement or two for beating it with 0 escapes.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Karia posted:

Well, I now have to ignore the big red exclamation point prompting me to activate Bennett's C6 for all eternity. Thanks, game. Thame.

It would be pretty okay if the "all damage is pyro" only applied to Benny.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Corla Plankun posted:

I am so excited about the Ninnguan fixes coming to 1.4. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people complaining about them. I kinda just assumed it was my comp being too slow or something that was causing the weird lag and homing ultimate issues.

What fixes are these? I haven't heard anything about them. Hopefully they make it a little easier to buffer input for a charge attack after a normal attack.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

aparmenideanmonad posted:

https://m.hoyolab.com/genshin/#/article/168618

- Ningguang's Charged Attack movement may lag. This issue will be fixed in Version 1.4.

- The homing projectiles released by Ningguang's Elemental Burst "Starshatter" may not take effect. This issue will be fixed in Version 1.4.

That's nice, I started playing her more again after getting her to C2 after rolling her on the beginner banner but stopped after the game kept throwing Fischl dupes at me as I progressed though the story.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Saxophone posted:

My wife's car was stolen Monday and save for escaping into Genshin and Valheim I kinda forgot about peripheral stuff like this, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDuVxan5Mo

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

LOL my share of the 1 billion primos was 108.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

lagidnam posted:

188 for my 5 lanterns.

Yeah it seems like some people got 108 others 188 or even 288. Gonna cause some grumbling for sure.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh well, the just gave away 10 rolls as part of a log in event and it looks like they're also mailing 5 days of more stuff including rolls so can't be too upset.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Are base atk from level and weapon the only things that affect Bennett's burst or does flat attack from artifacts do anything?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tarezax posted:

No, she's getting fixed in 1.4. That said, she's still pretty drat good even without the fixes, and if she feels super jank to you I'm not sure that's the problem for you.

Is the spotty projectile tracking a new problem? After not using her for a while I definitely noticed charged attacks and the burst whiffing more than I remembered when I used her a fair bit when I first started playing a couple months ago.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I got Xiao in less than 20 pulls on his banner and Qiqi on the current one while pulling for Ning/Bennet so here's hoping. Also hope Skyward Spine is decent for her because I'm a ways away from bothering with the weapon banner.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

gandlethorpe posted:

Next starglitter 4*s are Ning and XQ

I have Ning at C4 so now I'm tempted to pull one more from the current banner but I've got hard pity for the next banner 5* and I don't wanna risk it. I really want a good pyro main dps.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

LOL I got Hu Tao in 5 pulls.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ytlaya posted:

I decided to roll on the weapon banner since either one would be useful (I don't have any 5* claymores and the spear would be very good for Zhongli's shield/meteor).

:stare: (the two 4*s as well just make it even more nuts)

I dumped the last of my primos/fates in the weapon banner since I got Hu Tao so easy just to roll the bones and I had enough to roll a 5*

A Skyward Spine. :(

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

gandlethorpe posted:

Don't forget about the transmutation dust!

I was annoyed at first that the dust was from the shop but it was relatively cheap, you got a bunch from the lantern festival and you use hardly any of it per transmute.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

kater posted:

If I’ve got a dozen moons and want to invest in Huutie is there a general preference for how to approach? I basically have zero resources besides 800 weapon stones, but no dps pikes leveled. So I need xp books, boss ascension drops, talent books, weapon ascension tokens, and... i unno just feels like I’m forgetting something. Oh artifacts. Hu Tao is glads pref? Or bolide obviously.

I unno I was just wondering if there’s an order people like to take, most the advice I remember is just ‘do everything!’

Crimson Witch 4pc is her best set but 4pc Bolide might be worth using if you have Homa and Zhongli since shields are really good for helping her stay under 50% HP safely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I wonder how people would react if for the next 3 character banners Amber, Lisa and Kaeya were on them. Not all at once of course, but since it's gonna be the Mondstadt patch it would be appropriate I think.