Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
So I literally just started playing this today despite having it installed on ps4 since launch, played a few hours and got hit by maintenance.

I got far enough to spend my first wishes on the novice banner and got Jean on my first "8" pull and then stopped, is there something in this coming patch that I should be blowing all my stuff on? Been trying to read as much as I can in the downtime but there's a ton to learn in a very short time so any tips would be appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I guess i literally no longer understand how to upload images after like 20 years on this site, never mind???

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I got Jean off the newbie banner and it was a very good and lucky thing. Not only did it let me get rid of Anemo traveler asap, chumping mages and other annoying mobs with fall damage and/or a fast-recharging knockback made the early game a breeze~

I also really like the trickle healing effect she gets on her normal attacks, it's just a nice quality of life bonus to keep everyone topped up when I'm just farming random stuff in the overworld. I do agree on her ult's weird range being kind of obnoxious, but you very quickly learn how to position yourself so that your targets are at the edge???

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Xiao's release has also boosted Jean's worth by a fair bit, she is an excellent partner for him not only for resonance, but her e recharges fast as hell and generates a shitton of particles to feed your endless plunge spam

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I'm just playing around for the moment because everything is maxed and cleared, but a phys crossbow with 4 buff turrets on it and the mystical arts that increase damage at long range and the attack speed is very fun.

I'm expecting that the blink of an eye special mode will award bonus peace talismans since there's no challenge awards for it?