Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

So I just got enough Peace Talismans to buy one of the Lantern Rite characters. I only have the F2P characters, + Noelle and Sucrose from the Newbie banner. Which one should I get?

Have: Traveler / Amber / Lisa / Kaeya / Barbara / Noelle / Sucrose

Also have some extra wishes, should I just spend them on a character banner or is there someone I should be saving them for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ytlaya posted:

I'm curious how the rhythm game works on PC; when I did it on phone there were parts where you have to hit them at the same time that wouldn't be very practical on the PC.

Then again, you could say the same thing about the archery one being much easier on PC.
It uses wasd and ijkl and you sometimes have to hit things simultaneously with both hands.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ytlaya posted:

Is there a way to ensure your teapot decorations are lined up with each other? I had a hard time positioning things exactly where I wanted them while doing it on my phone. I imagine doing it on PC will be easier, but it'd be nice to have the option of seeing a grid layout just for the purposes of lining things. I think other games with things like this often have that option.
I don't know about mobile, but the PC settings lets you see and snap to a grid.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sanctum posted:

The character event banner says the 5-star has to be a character. I hope that means if I get a 5-star spear, the pity timer for a 5-star character persists until I get a 5-star character?
You cannot get a 5* weapon on the character banner, so it is not an issue.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RareAcumen posted:

I put in like 80 rolls on the Eula banner and got Jean and then 30 rolls later got Eula. Is that my guarantee already used or not?
You are back to 50/50 now. Your guarantee got used on Eula.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

TV Zombie posted:

For those who f2p and those who pay. How long was it till you got a c6 character and what was it?
I am completely f2p and started in February. My highest character so far is a C3 Noelle.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Kale posted:

I seem to be able to see any mining points in game now anywhere I go which I couldn't before a couple weeks ago and believe I made a gadget for that but can't entirely remember
Are you using Ningguang? She shows you nearby mining points.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hackan Slash posted:

I am so annoyed that the inventory key is B for bag, instead of I for inventory like the Lord intended
Change your keybinding?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

It tells me there's a new pyro character every other patch, so expect Touma in 2.2.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Starting at AR 36, you get the same amount of Adventure Exp as AR 60 from dailies, so no need to rush.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Space Opera posted:

lol I just noticed they removed the flyer or whatever that was next to the crafting table in Inazuma. When I first saw it, I thought "did they learn NOTHING from Timaeus?" Now if they can just move him as well...
I've had Sucrose there for ages instead; Albedo can stay in Dragonspine waiting for me to do his quest forever.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 31, 2021

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hopper posted:

And also what is a 4* "rate up" character?
On the character banner, there is one "rate up" 5* and three "rate up" 4*s. You are much more likely to get those characters. The odds are in the wish details if you want specific numbers.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Give me a Geo catalyst user who just picks up big rocks from nowhere and throws them at people. Charged attack is a big stomp. Pay me Mihoyo

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I don't even know how they work. I should probably look it up because I still need that split island one.
Hitting one changes that one and any adjacent ones. For the split island, it changes the one next to it and the one across from it on the other island.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Terrible news: Ayaka's special dash makes the treasure-seeking seelie disappear until you pop back out of the ground
The sound still happens though.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

40 wishes to try to get Sayu: 2 Diona (C4), 2 Xinyan (C1), 1 Rainslasher.

Don't want to hit pity, so no Goron rolls for me!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Have you unlocked the Arsenal? I know I waited until the Balethunder was gone to do it.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Zwiebel posted:

So I was wondering whether anyone has any clues as to what exactly this might be or whether any of you found anything. I've been searching to the west of this spot, figuring that it might be a longer underground tunnel, but so far haven't really found anything.
It doesn't really show up on the official map that has all the chests, so it's probably just in development or some leftovers from an unfinished area.
It does seem like an unused or future area.

Apparently it is possible to squeeze through that hole you found, but an easier way is to log out right above the grate switch. When you log back in, it should let you activate the switch and you can get in and wander around. That's how I got in.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

The Lone Badger posted:

Broke: Beat the game without spending money
Woke: Beat the game without ever making a Wish
https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/oc1dj0/no_wish_f2p_account_update_inazuma_here_we_come/

Apparently easier to bring everyone to 90 9/9/9 if you never wish.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sayu can roll out.

Edit: And Ayaka's last attack in her normal attack string gets her out.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 31, 2021

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Zwiebel posted:

At first they tease us with Paimon in a kimono.
And then they deny us Paimon in uniform.
There's no justice in the world.
Also Paimon with a tiny festival mask.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 4, 2021

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

The Traveler tried not to get involved in Inazuma. If the Raiden Shogun had met us in Ritou, had a nice chat about how they're not the unknown god and that she doesn't know anything about our sibling, we would have been on the next ship to Sumaru.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sanctum posted:

Not sure I want to do that. Better weekly wolf rewards would be nice but other than that :shrug: Oh and I can't play in my friends worlds.
You can play in any world your level or lower (including your friends worlds), but they wouldn't be able to play in yours until they're also WL 8.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ayaka's burst sometimes shoots in an unexpected direction too.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

TV Zombie posted:

Was there a work around for this because I'm encountering the same problem in Mondstadt as I've found all the stuff except for treasure chests.
Wait until tomorrow and get more hints? :shrug:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Araganzar posted:

Noelle heals on 100% of swings during her burst.
At C1. At C0, her burst doesn't impact healing chance.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RareAcumen posted:

Are we done with tsurumi island quests for this patch or will there be another one in a few hours? I destroyed the perches and that seems to be the end of them.
There are a bunch (~8) hidden, untracked quests on Tsurumi Island once you finish its main quest.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Jury on how well thoma works is still out. I’ll have at 80 by the end of the weekend. Not 100% sure what artifact set to put on him.
4-piece tenacity? Pretty much constant uptime.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

MoonCrab posted:

Thoma's fire is elemental burst, not skill. ToM actually has really bad uptime, which is a shame, and also, a personal attack directed at me specifically.
That's too bad! I saw that the shield portion of the burst counted as his skill, but misread the rest.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

C6 bennett is about the same or a slight improvement for most teams.
He only really screws with physical damage builds, of which Eula is the only meta one.
Plus "melt carry" bennett (which uses chongyun-infused bennett normals to set up the melts) but if you want to use benny as a gimmicky main DPS thundering fury is funnier anyways.
That brings up a weird point: Whose infusion wins between Chongyun and C6 Bennet?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hazdoc posted:

apparently yae's CA can be cancelled, like klee's, after a certain point in the animation and it will still fire

it can also hit multiple times against large enemies and extended hitboxes

this is almost certainly unintended, seeing as nothing about yae's kit suggests using her charge attacks, but here we are, possible 500%+ scaling CAs against large enemies lmao
Wanderers Troupe secretly best Yae set?!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

From someone who just used trial Kazuha in this event, how do you deal with being unable to see enemies hiding outside his burst?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sanctum posted:

Ning's hangout is surprisingly decent. It adds some depth to her character especially with the ending where she casually implies she sacrificed the jade chamber as a business move calculated to be in her own interest instead of you know, to save the city and the people because it's the right thing to do. "I saved the city to profit from it's people" is a pretty ghastly stance and you are given the option to tell her that nicely, not so nicely, or play it off as no big deal.
She implies that, but she's lying. She did do it because it was the right thing to do, but is pretending otherwise to keep up appearances.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Is there a particular constellation everyone assumes when talking about Beidou or Fischl? Mine are both C0 and I haven't really been impressed, even when using event versions where they're better leveled and equipped.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

kater posted:

there's also the like named samurai around inazuma that you eventually fight the boss of.
Enkanomiya even added one more thing you can do at the end of that questline.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding the Enkanomiya boss, I think my least favorite mechanic is "attacks that drain energy." It's annoying when I switch to Itto and then a thing hits him and drains his energy before he can transform.
Try Alt+Itto's party number to auto burst on character switch? That might help.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RareAcumen posted:

And also that the memories had unique models that aren't the same armor as people now, 500 years in the future from them but eh.
This you can handwave as Raiden attempting to hold Inazuma in stasis for the last 500 years.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

If you lose the 50/50, your next 5* will be the banner 5*. This carries over to future character banners as well.

For example, say you lose to Qiqi on the Yae banner. If you keep wishing, your next 5* will be Yae. If you hold off until the next Childe rerun and wish on that banner instead, you'd be guaranteed to get him as your 5*.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sanctum posted:

How does weapon banner pity work? Am I correct in my understanding that there's only two 5* weapons possible so it's a 50/50 at 80 pity and you have to lose twice in order to get the guaranteed epitomized path thing. Surely some banner will have 2 worthwhile 5* weapons so I can wish on one without breaking the bank.
Not quite. It is a 75% chance to get one of the two weapons on the banner. If you lose that pity, your next 5* is a 50/50 between the two featured weapons. But yes. If you get two 5* weapons that aren't your epitomized path 5*, your next one is guaranteed, so worst case is 240 wishes to get what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I liked using Yae as counter-battery fire against archers and mages while I handled things elsewhere. Doesn't really work anymore.
If they were going to make a change, at least prioritizing the furthest enemy wouldn't have invalidated her C2.