Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Xun posted:

You know what, path of exile did tower defense and it turned out pretty fun so gently caress it I'm looking forward to see how they do it here lol

Yeah blight maps are a really neat departure from regular stuff, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

dogsicle posted:

as someone with two WG who wants Homa, that is just depressing

oh right, i forgot to highlight the most important news, that Kaeya is getting a new idle animation

wow you spelled "Adjusts combat logic for Dendro Slimes: When a Dendro Slime is hiding relatively far from your location, you will not enter combat mode." really weirdly.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Well that sure is a Mona.

Ummmm so if I've got Albedo, Jean, and a host of 4*'s at various constellation levels (notably Sucrose and Fischl pretty high)...what does Mona even fit with? Xingqiu -> Sucrose swirl -> Mona burst? Mona + Xiangling or Bennet? Doesn't really belong in any configuration at all?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Crimson and ultramarine are the ones I've gotten the most :haw:

Same

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

In my experience video game dreams are usually a sign that you've been playing too much.

I remember there was this one period back in college what I got ridiculously into the Neo Geo puzzle game "Magical Drop." I somehow developed the ability for my mind to constantly depict randomized rows of balloons falling during both my waking and sleeping hours. I was probably close to reaching enlightenment.

Yeah, the upcoming banner is pretty much ideally designed to make me not want to roll on it at all.

The music in that game was hilariously mind wormy. I think I still know the main tune, almost two decades since the last time I've played it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Okay can someone explain Mona's bubbles, like I'm a 6 year old

Where does the ult hit, what order do I do things with Bennett, how many bubbles happen, I don't even know what else to ask.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

As someone who only recently figured out how to do this, I believe it goes like this (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this):
- Apply pyro to enemy
- Use Mona's ult, which removes the pyro aura
- After waiting a couple seconds (because of the internal cooldown on reactions), use a pyro attack on the enemy
- Bursting Mona's bubble causes hydro damage, so through bursting it with pyro you allow her bubble burst to Vaporize

Step 1 is probably the least intuitive and is necessary in order to avoid the fire attack causing the vaporize instead of the bubble bursting (since if you don't do it, the enemy will be affected with hydro before the pyro attacks it, and the Burst will hit an enemy without causing a reaction)

Appreciate it. Xiangling or Bennett, do you think? Or amberahaha

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

For real, loving how the domains advertise that they drop 5* artifacts when it's like 2/10 droprate from any other than the max level one.

It's...listing the possible drops?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Well finally hit that 5*pity on standard.

Skyward sword.

Okay so this is basically Chongyun? My great sword users are Chongyun c1, noelle c2, beidou ç0.

I was going to use my recently pitied Mona with Bennett, ningguang dps, albedo...I could probably just toss Chongyun in instead of Mona, yeah?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

dogsicle posted:

Skyward Pride is BIS for Noelle but yeah, as a 5* you can just treat it like a stat stick and slap it on whoever you're using most

She's not great without c6 though, right?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I liked the spiders.

...once I was done, goddamn

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

My 6yo sure is stealing my laptop and chortling while using everyone's skills and Mona dashing and poo poo

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

silvergoose posted:

My 6yo sure is stealing my laptop and chortling while using everyone's skills and Mona dashing and poo poo

Oh goddammit he "crafted for me" there goes 40 resin

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Give him your cc and show him how wishes work

Yeah he'd better not waste wishes on xiao, I need more ning and Bennett constellations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Bussamove posted:

I really want to like these longbow towers for a quick long range tower option but the amount of times they decide to lock on to something and try to shoot through a wall at it while poo poo just walks under them is... not great.

In coop, I've been starting with a bunch of those and then we slowly replace them with reactive towers but they're amazing for the first wave or two.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

I saw the next weapon banner has Wolf's Gravestone, which is what I have been saving wishes for. However, every other weapon on the banner looks like garbage. I have no idea what the stats on the 5* spear are, but my only spear user is Xiangling. Now I am not sure if I should just burn ~100 wishes YOLOing it or end up waiting 5 more months for a different Wolf's Gravestone banner. The lithic weapons do not look bad, but the parties I tend to run are either 3 or 4 Mondstadt people.

Where are you seeing that?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Y'all are cantankerous, the little slice of life quests were nice and showed some little pieces of the world that you don't really get doing giant quests.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

No Wave posted:

...what giant quests?

Like, the main story.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Tsyni posted:

The quest for perfect artifacts, obvs.

That too; nice to talk to someone that isn't a giant tree.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Walk. Collect some lamp grass and wolfhook along the way.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Who cares about how good Hu Tao is damage wise

Ghosties!

"Hu as in 'Who put me in this coffin' and Tao as in 'I need to geT OUt'"

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Idgi

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Spreadsheet says skyward spine is useless for hu tao? Really? :smith:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

well I guess that amazing six pulls since my last 5* on the standard banner skyward spine is just gonna rot, huh

or, I suppose, build xiangling finally

HMPH

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Wait are you complaining about the English voice acting? Just switch to Mandarin, it's way better.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

So on the first day of the restaurant event, you get one free cooking attempt and 2 more for the daily rewards? Meaning you'll have to wait until the second day to finish the platter?

Seems it. And you get to complete three trays, according to the rules, so choose...mora or exp or middle of the road I guess.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Holy gently caress I think you're right.

Would hang out with Venti instead 10/10 times

YOOHOO!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Is there any usefulness from getting the balloon or lyre from the event beside trying to get everything from the shop?

The lyre is the most important item from the shop, come on!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

tyrelhill posted:

sad loving world where people are counting the triangles in an anime models rear end in order to rate them

People did that sort of thing for snes sprite models in jrpgs, so uh

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

"decent artifacts"

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

No Wave posted:

No, I think they're great. I think the complaining in this thread is weird and this is very clearly the best event outside of Dragonspine.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

He's on his fourth AR55+ account now and I still haven't finished Liyue's main quests so what do I know, I guess :v:

This...does not sound like an average player.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Toraen posted:

Same, but Shimmering Steps. It wouldn't be so bad if it'd actually pop up (I know archers/mona will trivialize it), but I've already wasted more than enough time just resetting.

I'm kinda feeling like refusing to reset at all. Four books and a bit of mora and a head start on the overall battle pass which I'll complete eventually anyway in exchange for a ton of annoyance? Nah I'll just keep playing the way I like, farming, using resin to build up teams, etc. The rewards I'm missing are like, one condensed resin all told.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Hey PSA the lyre you get from the event shop lets you play music freehand with 3 octaves, it's totally baller.

There's a disclaimer to not play any copyrighted stuff on stream or in co-op because what you play can be heard by players around you.

First thing I did was play all the ocarina of time songs.

I am in love with this item, despite the fact that I can essentially only play in c major or a minor. Good poo poo, my 6yo loves it, it's great.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

PC supremacy, of course, all three octaves show at once, the leftmost 7 letters on the keybord for all three rows.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Anyone who does not complain about Barbara's voice line changes is a Barbara traitor.

Or just has voices set to Chinese.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The Ning Albedo combo is pretty solid for the arena event.

Yeah that's how I'm doing it. Kinda doesn't matter who else you bring, really.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. gently caress.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mystery (that no one could possibly have cared about) solved

Male traveler is the older twin.

Chinese voices, female traveler, Paimon refers to her gege (哥哥), and male traveler, Paimon refers to his meimei (妹妹)

yes, two accounts in my house, and we're playing different travelers, and both have the Chinese voice track enabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’d be interested in your translation of the storyline mentioned in this post in case something subtle was lost in translation.

Cause I’m a bit confused by the timeline of events this lays out. Like, the twins arrived on Teyvat (which oddly is described as a continent and not a “world” which I’m still not sure if it means like other planets or dimensions or something) and they fall asleep after arriving? Or does “but as you awoke among the falling stars” have more meaning in the original Chinese?

lmao you're assuming way too much about my Mandarin