Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I do not like him but it there are people on the internet who think he's going to take the league by storm in ASU land.

I edited but if you're a 6'0" score first guard you have to be a truly elite shooter to make it anymore and he's not that. I don't think he's a prospect at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

I edited but if you're a 6'0" score first guard you have to be a truly elite shooter to make it anymore and he's not that. I don't think he's a prospect at all.

he’s in the marshall henderson sphere of guards that are fun and very good in college but are never sniffing an nba roster

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Really Villanova is a good litmus test. If you're getting shut down by them and you're over the age of 20 you probably aren't going to be able to do much in the NBA.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

2.5 days of basketball down, 51 pages up for PD on the 2021/22 classes, respect the grind

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HtjHmnzwcwb9BRWNog2bl0aWWCfVfWB7xOaS3qFnhZA/edit

Katana_Warrior fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 28, 2020

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Makur maker’s team lost to a bad d2 school by double digits. Hit all his free throws though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Makur is really raw and he's on a team that won 4 games last year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Watched a little bit of Duke/Coppin State because the football was all bad, though sadly turned it off before Coppin (ranked in the 300s on KenPom) made a late run and always came all the way back. Jalen Johnson had some turnover issues but otherwise looked really good, his shot looks a lot better than it did in the EYBL games I watched. Finished with 19 points, 19 rebounds, and 5 assists.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

MourningView posted:

Makur is really raw and he's on a team that won 4 games last year.

He’s now not going to play for a while, due to a groin injury https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30405783/howard-bison-shutting-makur-maker-indefinitely-groin-injury so I feel bad for making light. I legitimately liked that he made all his free throws, and also he only played 19 minutes due 2 foul trouble, I guess I didn’t realize how bad howard is

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

We need him to be good.
https://twitter.com/arouxBTN/status/1332829528171929600?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Cade was good again but I'm already really bummed that he's on a bad team. He's so fun as a passer but everyone else is so lovely that he has to just put his head down and drive to the basket as much as possible or they're hosed.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Excuse me, what. This dude looks like he should be showering in a YMCA

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

A new dimension to hair theory?!?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Cade scary

https://twitter.com/cosmis/status/1333284782902448129?s=21

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

he’s The Real Deal and my heart always skips a beat when guys manage to live up to their pedigree

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If they were the same draft year, I feel teams would have a really hard time picking between him and Luka

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Luka has most of the same strengths and weaknesses and was doing it against grown men in the second best league in the world, I still think it's him pretty comfortably but Cade is about the next best thing. Cade will get some of the same concern trolling about his athleticism because he's not exactly Russ in terms of his explosiveness but probably not quite as loudly as Luka did for obvious reasons.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Katana_Warrior posted:

A new dimension to hair theory?!?
https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1333593602992328705?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We of the Ziaire Williams delegation are having a good night so far.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That type of dude is born to be on a spoiler NCAA tournament team. I love the way his look made me think he was wearing jean shorts for a second.

Cade is really good. I'm thinking he might be some kind of aztec sun priest reincarnated because of his spiky halo look

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

this guy rules, probably not an nba player but i will stan for him in whatever baltic league he dominates

MourningView posted:

Luka has most of the same strengths and weaknesses and was doing it against grown men in the second best league in the world, I still think it's him pretty comfortably but Cade is about the next best thing. Cade will get some of the same concern trolling about his athleticism because he's not exactly Russ in terms of his explosiveness but probably not quite as loudly as Luka did for obvious reasons.

yeah i really don’t get people worrying about cade’s athleticism; it’s not like he’s kyle anderson out there

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

yeah i really don’t get people worrying about cade’s athleticism; it’s not like he’s kyle anderson out there

I would guess Kyle Anderson actually does wind up being the go to troll comparison but yeah agreed. He's not a run and jump athlete the way that Anthony Edwards is but he's not a bad one and he's like Harden or Luka is his ability to vary his pace and use his strength to make up for a lack of elite burst. He's never had any trouble getting to where he wants to go.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Athanatos posted:

Is there a website or something that has a "This draft prospect will be on National TV Today!"

I only watch one college ball team and they don't play anyone worth a poo poo. I could just turn on every ESPN game, but be great if there was a daily "Watch this game to see these 3 guys who will be picks" type deal.

Today is the best day for this so far this year (all times central)

12:30 Texas (Greg Brown) vs Indiana (Trayce Jackson-Davis, son of Dale Davis)

1:30 USC (Evan Mobley) vs BYU (no prospects but a very good college team)

3:30 UNC (Caleb Love, RJ Davis, Day'ron Sharpe) vs Stanford (Ziaire Williams, Spencer Jones)

5:00 Louisville (David Johnson, Dre Davis, Carlik Jones, Jay'len Withers) vs WKU (Charles Bassey)

6:00 Okie State (Cade) vs Marquette (Dawson Garcia, DJ Carton)

6:30 MSU (Aaron Henry is the only serious prospect but a lot of good, veteran college players) vs Duke (Jalen Johnson, DJ Stewart, Matthew Hurt, Jeremy Roach)

8:30 Kentucky (BJ Boston, Terrance Clarke, Isaiah Jackson, Devin Askew) vs Kansas (no huge prospects right now, but Bryce Thompson and Christian Braun could be something, and a good college team)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 2, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MourningView posted:

Bless you for this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
As good as cade i still wouldn't watch okst lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

12:30 Texas (Greg Brown) vs Indiana (Trayce Jackson-Davis, son of Dale Davis)

1:30 USC (Evan Mobley) vs BYU (no prospects but a very good college team)

3:30 UNC (Caleb Love, RJ Davis, Day'ron Sharpe) vs Stanford (Ziaire Williams, Spencer Jones)

5:00 Louisville (David Johnson, Dre Davis, Carlik Jones, Jay'len Withers) vs WKU (Charles Bassey)

6:00 Okie State (Cade) vs Marquette (Dawson Garcia)

6:30 MSU (Aaron Henry is the only serious prospect but a lot of good, veteran college players) vs Duke (Jalen Johnson, DJ Stewart, Matthew Hurt, Jeremy Roach)

8:30 Kentucky (BJ Boston, Terrance Clarke, Isaiah Jackson, Devin Askew) vs Kansas (no huge prospects right now, but Bryce Thompson and Christian Braun could be something, and a good college team)

I don't normally like to see guys until late December, more like January, but I guess to avoid what happened last year I might as well start collecting games when I can get them. So thanks!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

As good as cade i still wouldn't watch okst lol

Didn't you use to watch the Smart-era okst?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

Didn't you use to watch the Smart-era okst?

That team had more than 1 player lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Declan MacManus posted:

he’s in the marshall henderson sphere of guards that are fun and very good in college but are never sniffing an nba roster

Martin's got a guaranteed gig with Ginebra San Miguel or our old favorites Talk n Text Tropang Texters, because his mom's Filipino and thus he can play both for them and also the national team as a local.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

That team had more than 1 player lol

Fair enough!

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I was really underselling Evan Mobley lol, I chalked too much up to being 7 foot against high schoolers. He's very good at basketball

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kinda worried about how he'll score if the jumper isn't real but the passing and defense are special.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 2, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Can't tell if I was wrong about BJ Boston or if he's just going to be That Kentucky Guy this year but I have concerns

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Big prospect game for today is Gonzaga (Jalen Suggs, Corey Kispert, maybe Drew Timme and Joel Ayayi) vs West Virginia (Miles McBride, Oscar Tshiebwe). Particularly interested to see how Suggs does against WVU's, should be a nice test for his handle which is his biggest weakness. Game is at 6 pm central on ESPN

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Wow WVU has actual nba prospects this year ? Tell me more

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jevon Carter was a real prospect :colbert:

Tshiebwe was a fairly big high school prospect (who notably whooped James Wiseman's rear end a couple times) but is probably more of a second rounder, he's a fairly mobile hustle big who rebounds really well and plays good defense but doesn't have much offensive value.

McBride I think has legit first round potential, he's the best defensive guard in the college and a pretty good slasher but needs to improve his jumper and passing. Offense may not be good enough to make it as a shorter guard but he's absolutely a NBA level defender and if Suggs lights it up again against him then Suggs should probably be top 3.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 2, 2020

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I love Jevon and I'm glad he has worked his way into an NBA career but there's absolutely a reason he had to

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Barnes gonna be fun to watch.

https://twitter.com/accnetwork/status/1334328479815495682?s=19

8 points, 6 assists, 6 boards tonight.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
His shot is incredibly broken but he's very cool. He and Cade on the same high school team was hilarious to watch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Warms my heart seeing guys like Mobley in case the rigging fails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Early but so far I think he's pretty firmly the number 2 guy behind Cade, and Suggs would probably be a fairly solid 3rd.