Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Grittybeard posted:

Wait so there was no instruction for staff/players to not have guests for Thanksgiving?

I mean I get that would make some players mad and all, but it's not like what they expect will happen wasn't predictable. Or are they just not calling them out and saying we know you all did it anyway.

The NFL has tried every single time they can to stress that this is an individual thing and it's up to individual teams and individual players to control this pandemic.

It's had predictable results and I wish the players would be more united in asking for systemic solutions to this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Gatts posted:

<Insert US Covid death toll by February joke here>

We're well past that now going by excess mortality.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Very dumb person question: Why is the covid protocol based on 1 test per day limits (or seemingly so)?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a player who is presumed positive submit 4 or 5 rapid tests to be processed in one batch? This would make a false-positive or false-negative much easier to spot much more quickly, which you could then confirm with a parallel PCR test.

I just don't understand why they do this thing of "Player is positive today, but tomorrow they test negative -- whoops, false positive".

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Wonder how much of the Broncos being strong armed into playing was them having no owner right now.

I don’t think Biscotti is in the top echelon of owner hierarchy but he’s certainly not as weak as the ghost of Pat Bowlen.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

sirtommygunn posted:

The best thing to do is obvious but politically unacceptable, so scientists have to make half-assed compromises to avoid being ignored entirely.

this, and if you put enough zeroes on a check you can find at least one or two experts in any field who will sign off on anything.