Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

https://youtu.be/cCGjNmhg2HU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Still trying to figure out if this was on purpose.

Quoting for new page context

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In some ways it’s cool that they just didn’t give a poo poo what you could end up doing with the double jump but it’s lame that they didn’t put anything anywhere out of reach of normie legs.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wormskull posted:

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

There are so many of these kinds of mistakes in the subtitles too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In some ways it’s cool that they just didn’t give a poo poo what you could end up doing with the double jump but it’s lame that they didn’t put anything anywhere out of reach of normie legs.

Yeah they should Of added Ubisoft Orbs to collect on various high rise structures. gently caress outta here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah they should Of added Ubisoft Orbs to collect on various high rise structures. gently caress outta here.

What’s different about reaching a roof you normally wouldn’t and finding a green shoe the same way you’d find one in a hallway you don’t have to go down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your being kind of an rear end, bro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Got a sexy glitch where I looked over at Rogue during the John Wick cutscene and her clothes were hovering around her body rather than on her.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i spent forever trying to do the Beat on the Brat in arroyo tonight, not because the dude was hard but because the gps is super glitched for it and the area it mistakenly brings you to disables jumping for some reason so I thought my save was broken and had to go back like an hour of gameplay

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

finished the Panam plot though and I have the "cleared all quests" trophy for three areas.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The malorian and a bunch of handgun perks kicks so much loving rear end lol im just cyber arthur morgan now basically

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Some hosed up blend of robocop and terminator

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

i spent forever trying to do the Beat on the Brat in arroyo tonight, not because the dude was hard but because the gps is super glitched for it and the area it mistakenly brings you to disables jumping for some reason so I thought my save was broken and had to go back like an hour of gameplay

One of those for me says moderate difficulty and dude ends me in one punch lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

I feel like there’s something wonky about the difficulty of those fights, the first one I did I beat the twins pretty easily, then my game crashed without saving that I finished the fight and they whooped my rear end like 5 times in a row when I tried again lol. The first time I knocked off a good chunk of their life bar with each hit and afterwards every fight would need me to hit the other guy a couple times to knock off 1%

I maxed out body and picked all the perks that help with fistfighting, in-combat health regen, etc and fights were still weirdly difficult even when they were marked as “very low” challenge, one missed dodge could kill me. I wouldn’t be surprised if something wasn’t working correctly

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

The final fight I was a fully beefed out melee dude level 40+ and the dude was beating me down in two punches. I had to Stunlock his rear end with all the perks the made me heal every time I punched him. If feel sorry for people trying this with like a hacker build.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I feel like there’s something wonky about the difficulty of those fights, the first one I did I beat the twins pretty easily, then my game crashed without saving that I finished the fight and they whooped my rear end like 5 times in a row when I tried again lol. The first time I knocked off a good chunk of their life bar with each hit and afterwards every fight would need me to hit the other guy a couple times to knock off 1%

I maxed out body and picked all the perks that help with fistfighting, in-combat health regen, etc and fights were still weirdly difficult even when they were marked as “very low” challenge, one missed dodge could kill me. I wouldn’t be surprised if something wasn’t working correctly

This p much.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Clearing out the side stuff before the final missions and I just discovered Races. :gonk:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Clearing out the side stuff before the final missions and I just discovered Races. :gonk:

i was thinking of doing those because bartender babe kept calling me but i cant imagine theyre any fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There’s a lot of mods that Fix driving but I haven’t tried any.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

There’s a lot of mods that Fix driving but I haven’t tried any.

modding already seems ill advised with the early access state of the game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

i was thinking of doing those because bartender babe kept calling me but i cant imagine theyre any fun

claire is cool and the races are easy, at least with a gamepad

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my guess is that they overcorrected a little from the witcher. if you're not aware, they had fistfight missions in witcher 3, but they were all hilariously easy even WAY above your level, because any single opponent falls to block if you're even halfway decent at the timing.

also the MODERATE or whatever is clearly based only on your level. i'm a wimp with just enough body to move the dumpster in front of that one vending machine, but i whooped the twins easily, and after that, i knew there was going to be trouble, so i bought some gorilla arms that i take with me to the Beat on the Brat missions. i also have that cyberware that does a ton of shock damage if your HP fall low, which helps. the animal lady i took out easily because a side mission makes her hostile, so you can just use quickhacks or weapons or w/e. i did have a little trouble with the arroyo guy but a combination of gorilla arms, the double jump (still OP!) instead of the stupid double-tap dodge, and the shock damage wasted him p. easily.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

are the car racing quests miserable. i finally went to the garage and found out i have to do at least three of them and i hate driving. :(

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the only fistfight mission i liked was when Ozob shows up again

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The one I did was really easy but the ai cars rubber band so badly you can actually watch them teleport behind you if you look at the minimap or behind you.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The races aren’t bad, it seems like they were aware of the driving’s shortcomings but had to make racing missions anyway so it’s a lot of long straightaways with plenty of advance warning before turns and a special warning for sharp turns.

The only one I didn’t like was the one in the badlands, I went out and bought a nomad car before it but it turns out they force you to use Claire’s car for that one so you’re just fishtailing wildly over sand for most of it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wish it wasn’t so easy to disassemble iconic weapons because if you’re doing crafting you end up mindlessly dismantling everything you find and then realising that you destroyed some special weapon that was in a pile of 40 pieces of visually identical garbage three days ago. I wanted to decorate the appartment I haven’t visited since the heist :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

e/n: just accidentally disassembled aiden pearces iconic hat

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wish it wasn’t so easy to disassemble iconic weapons because if you’re doing crafting you end up mindlessly dismantling everything you find and then realising that you destroyed some special weapon that was in a pile of 40 pieces of visually identical garbage three days ago. I wanted to decorate the appartment I haven’t visited since the heist :(

Yeah it’s weird that they’ll make you confirm that you want to sell them but not dismantle them. I guess I accidentally did that to some of the early iconic gear and there was a bunch of empty spaces in my armory all game

trying to jack off posted:

e/n: just accidentally disassembled aiden pearces iconic hat

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The fact that unique items are called “Iconic” means that I spent the whole game prodromally muttering “River Ward’s Iconic Revolver,” “Johnny Silverhand’s Iconic Pants,” etc under my breath

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

you can't decorate it anyway, lmao. everyone online says if you leave stuff around, it disappears, so all you can do is just drop it into that wall that's basically just a big box.

i'd make fun of you for wanting to keep the meaningless "iconic" things but i literally put two perks into crafting and then built and disassembled over 100 grenades so that i could make the "epic" version of johnny silverhand's shoes.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The fact that unique items are called “Iconic” means that I spent the whole game prodromally muttering “River Ward’s Iconic Revolver,” “Johnny Silverhand’s Iconic Pants,” etc under my breath

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

where can i respec? i don't think i'm gonna hit max level before the end and i wanna do some epic crafting

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

where can i respec? i don't think i'm gonna hit max level before the end and i wanna do some epic crafting

100k consumable from any ripperdoc

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm like level 35 but I still have a lot of areas left to clear and one last branch of the main quest, plus whatever happens after you do all 3 branches. in mostly just hoping I can get 2-3 skills to 20 by the end.

I didn't notice that they unequip you for the sex scenes so I spent a few combats just walking around hacking brains with my dick swinging

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

according to the grey thread armor is messed up and doesn't do anything on hard difficulty, as much fun as sneaking around with quickhacks is i think my next playthrough will be on normal so i can try out mantis blades, monowire etc. without getting instantly owned

Wow that explains why I keep getting killed in 1 hit despite having 1000 armor.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You cant respec attributes, and the legendary crafting tier requires like 18-20 in Tech.
I basically just gave up on it for this char lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Purps will have to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The best thing you can craft is the clothes and weapon mods though, their quality rolls random so you can be like stacking guns with four epic mods