Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
You can use the same account on both (with separate characters). Also don't play ironman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Just bought a second robe top instead of a robe bottom for Raiments of the Eye AMA.

Pretty upset but I still don't have the lantern anyway so I was gonna be grinding it out here for a while yet.

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh

MerrMan posted:

Just bought a second robe top instead of a robe bottom for Raiments of the Eye AMA.

Pretty upset but I still don't have the lantern anyway so I was gonna be grinding it out here for a while yet.

You know you can't leave until you get the pet :agesilaus:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Ugh, I'm playing again. In discord as "the business bitch"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I can't believe I'm playing this again, but here I am

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
condolences

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Everyone falls to the resub siren call eventually...

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
welcome back gamers :izwf:

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Heyo! I was active in RS3 Goonscape back in like 2016-2018 as Mcclay1. I just got back into RS3 as Mcclay2 and I'm excited to rejoin Goonscape as well!

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

https://on.soundcloud.com/ivStV

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

if you have any information about this dog please report it to the official goonscape discord. we miss him so much

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bring back our dog
:dogstare:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so uhh, anyone been keeping up with the community happenings in OSRS lately?

About a year ago someone started doing 100 laps a day at the penguin agility course, and posting penguin facts on the reddit, to give them motivation to keep going. Lots of jokes were posted every day about how it'll be next time for sure, etc. etc. This goes on for weeks, months. People start acting a little funny.

Of course, as soon as someone says something like that, it has to happen right? After 25k laps, the moment someone vows to destroy their own rear end if it happens, it happened.
The absolute freak delivered too lol

(it's a video if you want to watch a man get coffee poured onto his rear end but I figured you didn't)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
:coffee::goatsecx:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

so uhh, anyone been keeping up with the community happenings in OSRS lately?

About a year ago someone started doing 100 laps a day at the penguin agility course, and posting penguin facts on the reddit, to give them motivation to keep going. Lots of jokes were posted every day about how it'll be next time for sure, etc. etc. This goes on for weeks, months. People start acting a little funny.

Of course, as soon as someone says something like that, it has to happen right? After 25k laps, the moment someone vows to destroy their own rear end if it happens, it happened.
The absolute freak delivered too lol

(it's a video if you want to watch a man get coffee poured onto his rear end but I figured you didn't)

What on earth would possess a man to do this

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

runescape: not even once

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thinking about the guy who tried to like break the 24 hour smithing xp gained world record and shat his pants so that he wouldn't have to get up to go to the bathroom, except that he was so far ahead of 3rd place and so far behind 1st place that his 2nd place would not have changed even if he did go.

He's now banned for being a pedo ingame so yeah, Runescape, not even once.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

let it never be said that he doesn't keep his word

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

i love hangin out in sparc mac's friends chat the people in there say crazy stuff me included sometimes (i am not in this photo)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
let it be known that it is taking pizza lady an entire month to beat the easiest B-Side in Celeste

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Putty posted:

let it be known that it is taking pizza lady an entire month to beat the easiest B-Side in Celeste

Let it be known Pizza Lady dies on Fight Cave kills

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Sailing is probably gonna be good

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
spin up the AWOLNATION and let the good times roll

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Very funny that they killed the new prayer book in OSRS and someone on reddit came up with a better idea like within the day

Also please look forward to forestry and please be careful playing around release date because historic precedent probably means rollback for an update like this!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Reoxygenation posted:

Also please look forward to forestry and please be careful playing around release date because historic precedent probably means rollback for an update like this!!

They gently caress up the tree respawn timer and every tree respawns instantly, leading to everyone getting 99 WC and prompting a rollback.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I gotta be honest, Necromancy in RS3 doesn't seem great. It seems like they're doing way too much.

Looking at OSRS... But fresh start has me worried there, too. Less worried, but still.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Agoat posted:

I gotta be honest, Necromancy in RS3 doesn't seem great. It seems like they're doing way too much.

Looking at OSRS... But fresh start has me worried there, too. Less worried, but still.

You should be terrified of OSRS.

We all should.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Agoat posted:

Necromancy is pretty good cause the design philosophy seems to be "completely re-designed combat, ignoring the previous baggage" with the intent of pushing those changes onto the other combat skills if successful

I'm all for it since EoC has pretty much been a garbage fire for 10 years

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Hyedum posted:

You should be terrified of OSRS.

We all should.

i'm terrified and i play that game

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Forestry is cute

youngweeed
Jun 22, 2022
i’ve been playing a fresh ironman the last week after 15 years or so (first time buying membership and living my childhood dreams)

Forestry was the biggest hit of nostalgia yet when i just stumbled on it yesterday, while questing through Draynor, where i spotted shenanigans.

a mysterious pk clan lurked the bank. people were chatting poo poo like it was 2006. drop parties and world hopping chat channel root hunting. it was kinda magic. i chopped roots and banked at leprechauns for a few hours and went from like 25 to 50 woodcutting.

ltree_treezy in game and similar discord name joining goonscape.

current goal is to do all the quests. 65 quest points so far :frogc00l:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I played for the first time in a decade+ back in November, but quit because I was playing an unhealthy amount. And now I'm back again :)

If I'm just grinding Smithing, should I be striving to make full Burial Sets or like just spam Chestplates because of convenience? Or something else entirely?

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I did full burial sets for smithing cause it's a bit extra xp over each bit of burial gear individually, which can be improved with the one artisans guild upgrade.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Burial smithing for me too. I did it on two accounts, mining and stocking the resources and burial smithing is really afk. And gets favor which can be used to unlock some updates.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
new quest is out

raptor is a woman now for some reason

edit: this isn't political commentary, it's just not very well handled

Agoat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 17, 2023

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

lol. lmao, even.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

1: Owned.

2: Jesus christ Vorkath bones are have crashed since they scrapped the new prayers huh

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Well I remembered that this game exists when I remembered I had a bond left over and decided to show off 3 tick fishing to my friends as a joke about how tedious the grind is in OSRS. Then to show them something slightly more exciting I did a barrows run on a whim and actually got a great drop. So yeah now I think I'll sell all the junk in my bank I don't need and get back on my questing streak. Gonna hop in that there Discord.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nobody Interesting posted:

lol. lmao, even.

:stare:
Four minute Vorkaths sound like hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Studio posted:

:stare:
Four minute Vorkaths sound like hell

I get extremely unlucky with hits on some runs and it takes way longer than it should as a result. On the other hand I also get VERY lucky sometimes (2:20 best time right now).

Also the game got taken down becuase the rainbow: chat command was CTDing people.