Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

got some chores tonight posted:

there is no ethical consumption of mma

And most of us have internalized this, wrestled with the implications, and if they're like me, decided, "gently caress it, the sport continues whether I get mad and cut up my Xbox copy of UFC Undisputed on Twitter or not."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

leftist heap posted:

Lmao Leon Edwards is so loving cursed, it's really unbelievable.

:emptyquote:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

CommonShore posted:

Karim Zidan thread on Sherdog/TUG being fascist/q hellholes:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/12/2/21805671/regulating-mma-forums-era-disinformation-far-right-propaganda-feature

Even when I hate you all I like you all :glomp:

That definitely tracks based on my time on a rural MMA team in 2009-2012. The guys I was training with were just getting into Info Wars and Loose Change and FEMA plastic coffins poo poo. They’d talk about it like, “woah, did you see the latest whatever video on Google?” in awed tones while we lifted weights. That was proto Reddit/YouTube. I haven’t kept up with many of them since, but I did notice a couple of my old BJJ coaches posting questionably Q things a few years ago before I stopped checking Facebook.

I wonder what Bullshido is like these days...

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

So much the same.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

CommonShore posted:

ok I have an idea for something we can post about for the next three weeks that doesn't involve getting in big fights and hating on each other -

I know the year isn't technically over yet, but why don't we jazz up the year-end awards a bit this time around? Would anybody be interested in doing effortposts/reviews advocating for such and such to win a particular award (or not to win it?) As in "here's why this event should be event of the year."

E.g. I'd have to review the whole list, but I believe Garbrandt's KO of Assuncao should win over Buckley's flippy kick, and I've already gushed about Hermansson's heel hook of Gastelum. I'd be willing to make posts about why they're good and worth voting for.

I'd write one. I might need to take a suggestion on what to argue over, because my brain has been mush this year, but if there's a list of, like, the top 20-30 potential events or fights, I'd definitely grab one out of the pool and go off on it.