Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

A friend of mine just no poo poo bought this thing.

Madman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Sweet EF300

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Elviscat posted:

Madman.

This guy parties.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Elviscat posted:

Madman.

goddddfuckingdaamnnnn I want one so bad to throw on F450 4wd wide track axles then (6.7)psd the fucker.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
Update - 3 out of 4 tweakers evicted somewhat peacefully, no skulls cracked, one hauled off for trespassing/warrant. Landlord is temporarily staying at the house - we're drawing up plans for a fence and they are installing cameras. Crisis... postponed? we shall see.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'm just glad everyone is staying totally sane and safe in this whole ...

pandemic ...

thing.

:sigh:

Meanwhile there are (333? unclear data, but "not a lot") ICU beds available in Los Angeles County, which has a population of 10.04 million people.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Krakkles posted:

pandemic ...

thing.

Meanwhile there are (333? unclear data, but "not a lot") ICU beds available in Los Angeles County, which has a population of 10.04 million people.

Isn't this the same chud who blew up his hollywood location because he didn't want to pay unemployment claims or something?

https://la.eater.com/2017/12/21/16807178/explosion-tinhorn-flats-hollywood-news

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Just a minute to come up for air. Got a meeting in six hours. Awesome.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Isn't this the same chud who blew up his hollywood location because he didn't want to pay unemployment claims or something?

https://la.eater.com/2017/12/21/16807178/explosion-tinhorn-flats-hollywood-news
Yep. Got me thinking ... I wonder what his insurance company would think of this.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I don't know which is worse, being sick or being paranoid that I have covid-19. But I'm sitting here obviously coming down with something, unable to sleep, frantically trying to remember what I did 5 days ago. All I do out of the house is go shopping, and I sanitize each time I get in the car. I visited a friend once, over a week ago, outdoors.

Also, if I get sick during a pandemic and it's NOT the pandemic disease I'm gonna be annoyed. Feels like a waste.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I've been getting the sniffles and a light cough, which is due to how loving dry the air is and happens to me every year, but it's got me feeling pretty paranoid too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
For anybody interested in games or gaming or whatever the Games forum is doing its yearly Game of the Year thread where people can submit their favourite games they played throughout the year and on Jan 1st we have a big countdown to see which games won. It's the third year running doing this and it's a lot of fun. If that sounds interesting to you then head on over, read the op, read the rules, and submit your list!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950329&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Submissions aren't limited to just games released this year, anything goes so long as you played it this year

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I've literally played 1 game from the OPs list, and I didn't care for it. I'll leave the voting to people that actually play current games I guess! :haw:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of my wife's best friends was in an accident last night. She was pinned in the car, both legs broken, pelvis broken, bones sticking out of skin jesus gently caress.

She'll live but her recovery is going to be terrible.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Krakkles posted:

pandemic ...

thing.

There's a bunch of places in PA doing this, it's pretty lovely. Even some of the more populated areas too. :(

LloydDobler posted:

I don't know which is worse, being sick or being paranoid that I have covid-19. But I'm sitting here obviously coming down with something, unable to sleep, frantically trying to remember what I did 5 days ago. All I do out of the house is go shopping, and I sanitize each time I get in the car. I visited a friend once, over a week ago, outdoors.

Also, if I get sick during a pandemic and it's NOT the pandemic disease I'm gonna be annoyed. Feels like a waste.

I've still gotten a couple colds in the last few months, largely because I have a toddler. Somewhat terrifying, but key things like temp, taste, and smell are unaffected. The extra anxiety is obnoxious.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

One of my wife's best friends was in an accident last night. She was pinned in the car, both legs broken, pelvis broken, bones sticking out of skin jesus gently caress.

She'll live but her recovery is going to be terrible.

You're playing some tragedy Mad Libs here lately, dude. I hope this is offset by an equally long run of good luck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It used to be a joke that being my friend was very hazardous. I have a picture from just after high school of myself and 4 other guys and I'm the only one still alive.

Keep your distance is what I am saying.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno needs to do the world a solid and become buddies with the GOP leadership. Maybe have some bbqs or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will make this sacrifice.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

slidebite posted:

I've literally played 1 game from the OPs list, and I didn't care for it. I'll leave the voting to people that actually play current games I guess! :haw:

Oh it's not limited to games released this year, it's just whatever games you played this year. I've only played two games I think released in 2020.

It's all about your best personal moments in gaming for the year

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I will make this sacrifice.

Do you think you could really eat while looking at Ted Cruz?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Do you think you could really eat while looking at Ted Cruz?

I could always gouge out my own eyes

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Welp, volun-told I'm being scheduled for one of the two covid vaccines by jan 25th. Family some time in april. Should be interesting...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My friend's wife told me method of grieving is hosed up and I'm like.......yes.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

the spyder posted:

Welp, volun-told I'm being scheduled for one of the two covid vaccines by jan 25th. Family some time in april. Should be interesting...
I can't wait to get it, but despite being high-enough risk that I could probably qualify somewhere ahead of GenPop, I'm also privileged enough to be able to work from and stay home, and therefore am waiting longer than I have to.

I just can't wait to be able to be safe-ish again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krakkles posted:

I can't wait to get it, but despite being high-enough risk that I could probably qualify somewhere ahead of GenPop, I'm also privileged enough to be able to work from and stay home, and therefore am waiting longer than I have to.

I just can't wait to be able to be safe-ish again.

We got an email today that since we work in medical manufacturing we are elligible for round 2.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Why can't they make a hacksaw sized sawzall? I feel like a loving idiot with this thing, but it's all I have clearance for

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'm not sure this would fit either, but it is smaller than a lot of sawzalls.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/SAWZALL-Reciprocating-Saws/HACKZALLS/2719-20

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Krakkles posted:

I'm not sure this would fit either, but it is smaller than a lot of sawzalls.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/SAWZALL-Reciprocating-Saws/HACKZALLS/2719-20

I have one, and I love it, but I'm more talking about balde clearance. No way I was getting a full size sawzall blade in that bracket

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

I have one, and I love it, but I'm more talking about balde clearance. No way I was getting a full size sawzall blade in that bracket
If you've got a blade you're not in love with, trim it with an angle grinder?

I don't know that this is going to work well but I'd try it. You know, wear eye protection, gloves, maybe, though.

edit: The more I look at it the more that clearance sucks and the less I think it might work

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Oscillating tool with one of these?

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/starlock-multi-tool-cutting-accessories-osl038f-142597-p/

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Metal always exists in a configuration that's impossible to cut easily.

You can't fit your cutting wheel into the corner.

The cut needs to be clean, so the torch is out.

The cut is too small for the grinder with a wheel.

There's something in front of it that the tool won't fit square.

I had to use the Dremel with a cutting wheel on my dashboard, because the windshield was in the way, but then a crease in the metal nearly destroyed my wheel working at the wring angle.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

This is part of why I'm excited about having a welder. gently caress it, cut the whole thing out, weld it all back.

(Not saying this is the right solution here, but it is sometimes!)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fire is never the wrong answer.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Krakkles posted:

This is part of why I'm excited about having a welder. gently caress it, cut the whole thing out, weld it all back.

(Not saying this is the right solution here, but it is sometimes!)

It’s never that easy!

The driveshaft tunnel/suspension mount rust repairs I just did on my Saab.. I didn’t want to cut everything out there (because once you start fully removing suspension mounts poo poo gets harder as you gotta line it all back up) so had to work round one section and use my dremel to cut out some bits of rust., along with a sawzall, an angle grinder a hacksaw and the BFH...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

the spyder posted:

They looking to hire a sr electrical engineer?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
man that would be a brutal commute

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Someone parked a new 3LT Stingray outside my house tonight, it's the Elkhart Lake Blue and I'd like to report that the color is insanely good. Considering I live in the heart of LA's car culture, I have seen very few of any of the new 'Vettes in the wild yet. Alas it is dark out now, and pics of it aren't doing anything useful.

Have this instead, this is from Saturday at a friend's house when about 50 supercars - mostly Lamborghinis - rolled past.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

the spyder posted:

My wife's a nurse and she's getting it Saturday.
Not thrilled about her being a guinea pig but she seems pretty happy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Don't be worried. :)