Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

Depends on the team I have. If it's an aging team in a SB window, then my list is probably

Tyrod, Fitzpatrick.... Jones, in that I care about the floor more then the ceiling, and am just praying I got a '02 Buccs / '00 Ravens / '15 Broncos situation on my hands.

Any other situation I'm probably going for, based purely on maybe you get a franchise QB for free:

Darnold
Daniel Jones
... then after that, I don't care, I don't think any of them are potentially salvageable.

I think Darnold's the most interesting of them, in that he's got the most Steve Young type look. Utterly ruined on an awful team, maybe you can save him, sit him for a few years and unfuck him and get a good QB.

Jones I see less in, but at least he's shown *something*. Maybe surround him with a better oline and a decent playcaller and he can turn into something.

Trubisky & Haskins, when their own teams throw them away, you know it's unsalvageable.

Tyrod and Fitz are just high quality backups. Maybe you can ride a good half season out of them, but unless you're praying for a SB run, you're probably better off just crashing, then getting the 6-7 wins they'll probably take you to.

Jameis - Basically the worst of all 4 of the above guys. Passed over for a WR by his own team, a history of boneheaded play, a shitstain of a person, and can't read a field.

100% agreed on this. Tyrod or Fitz are good enough to not drag a team down and the teams success comes down to how good the defense plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU