Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Happy new year all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

u brexit ukip it posted:

Happy new year all.

Wow, Username / Post combo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Happy New Year, onwards into the abyss!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Comrade Fakename posted:

I just never understood how it’s any solace at all. “Ooh, I hope there’s a cosmic overlord who randomly kills people on a whim (and in our own mythology once literally murdered every human on Earth bar a single family he liked) and constantly watches and judges us under penalty of infinite torment if we don’t please him enough! It makes me feel so warm to think about it!”

Does it matter why? Yeah, look, I don't think there's a god and if there was one and it was the monster of Christianity I'd not worship it because he's petty, vain, cruel and needs constant affirmation (so he's probably Boris's role model). But the fact is that being part of something bigger gives some people a sense of warm fuzzies. Or the idea that this life isn't just it, if you get through then there's an eternity of happiness for enduring.

Yes, it's probably a human construct that came out of fuel purposes of trying to make sense of the world around our ancestors and a need to control the majority. But it does work for a lot of people.

Oh yeah, happy new year.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Happy new year, let's ride this rollercoaster hooting all the way!

looks like a lot of loops ahead, wonder what that's about. eh, i'm sure it'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Happy new year, happy new thread!

Twitter embeds are loving up though, which I'm sure isn't an ill portent.

:toot: