Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

You're telling me they couldn't flex Broncos/Chiefs out of SNF

Was just coming to ask who made the poor Broncos play at Kansas City on SNF.

I suppose on the other hand I'm not over wanting to see the Broncos lose and making everyone else watch with me.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I think CBS and Fox get to protect one game each week, so if you assume that takes CLE/TEN and LAR/ARI off the table... A Chiefs exhibition game might be the most watchable one left.

Pats/Chargers is the other one that could be slightly interesting I guess? Saints/Falcons for the real sickos. Philly Green Bay for 'playoffs' and absolutely nothing else, why the hell did they put Nantz and Romo on that one?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just came across this again, never a bad time to post it.

https://twitter.com/TDISportsClips/status/1334308655785775107

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Everyone points to Andy Reid designing an out of this world offense with KC (rightfully), but I don't remember his Philly offenses doing even half the stuff KC is doing at all. By the end of his time in Philly, Reid clearly ran out of ideas to coach with

He hired his OL coach as DC ffs

I mean he's on the record saying he was burnt out because they gave him too much responsibility (which to be fair to the Eagles he wanted, right up until he didn't). I think there's gotta be at least a little something to that since he was doing kind of fancy stuff with Alex damned Smith as his quarterback.

Now he just has a cheat code and sits around happy as a clam eating burnt ends or whatever dreaming up weird ways to style on defenses.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Jalen seems okay, and clearly an upgrade over Wentz.

This is all that matters for now.

I don't think he's going to work out long term either, but by playing him and having him suck you at least know what you have to work with. You already know what you don't or no longer have in Wentz. The team did seem to perk up when Hurts came in too, so it's not like they didn't see what was going on.

Wentz is fascinating to me. We can argue whether he was ever any good and all, but he was never this damned awful. It's crazy, he can't do the simplest things anymore, and he could at least do that before.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

His development is stunted by utter lack of organizational support. His GM can't draft, his strength and conditioning staff is approaching Chargers level of constant injury, his playcaller is acting like the oline is as good as 3 years ago (but is actually a sieve), his defense aged out and/or left in FA giving him little support, the fanbase never stops making GBS threads on him, so consequently he's trying to do way too much. The comment on his WRs is way too understated -- they are flat-out bad.

Of course he regressed

I agree with all of this, but there's regression and being on a bad team. And then there's being in the conversation about whether you're the worst quarterback in the league with Drew Lock.

He sucks, it's understandable why he sucks. A lot went into it, it's not all his fault! But man in the end he just really sucks. He's not normal bad and something you imagine is going to work out if other things improve, he's freaking terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just noticed that the plague ship Ravens who probably shouldn't be allowed to dock are 8.5 point favorites over Dallas.

I'm not sure what that says about anything, but it says something.