Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jenny Agutter posted:

Got a frozen za for dinner tonight only to find my hotel room doesn't have an oven (it's a suite with a kitchenette so it was a reasonable assumption okay) fml

Microwave that fucker until it's hot and melty. Then fold it over and eat it like a giant soft taco.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, a new challenger has appeared. I picked this up sometime during the early part of the year as a free Customer Appreciation bonus and promptly forgot about it. This weekend, I will make amends.

I'm not expecting much, but it should be...

Well, hopefully it's not freezer burned.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There's a limit to how bad a stuffed crust pizza can be.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I dunno nearly every time I've gotten sick after pizza consumption it's been stuffed crust. This is all mostly from Pizza Hut but hey

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

aniviron posted:

There's a limit to how bad a stuffed crust pizza can be.

They're all bad, the crust cheese cheese is always mediocre at best on a fresh pizza, and frozen is always worse in that aspect

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
incredibly wrong opinion. Stuffed crust pizzas are uniformly ftw

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Aardvark! posted:

The cheese they use in the stuffed crust is universally garbage.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Aardvark! posted:

then why does only garbage franchises like papa johns or pizza hut do stuffed crust but not my [insert local pizzeria here]

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Virigoth posted:

never said it wasn't :grin:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
if they used good cheese it wouldn't taste like a stuffed crust any more, would it? Checkmate, atheists.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

halokiller posted:

then why does only garbage franchises like papa johns or pizza hut do stuffed crust but not my [insert local pizzeria here]

too time and resource intensive unless its at scale

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Im gonna start a Kickstarter for a device that makes stuffed crust pizzas a SNAP.

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LfpHHFO644

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Aardvark! posted:

never said it wasn't :grin:

You sicko :sickos:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I have nothing to add to this thread except my realisation that it’s one of the few in this subforum that people regularly include pictures in their posts, which pleases me.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Virigoth posted:

I can't speak to frozen pizzas but at most places you order from, stuffed crust cheese is just full sticks of regular string cheese around the edge with the dough folded over the top.

It's not actually getting "stringed" though if that matters to anyone.

I guess it's probably not high quality string cheese at most places but just straight eating a piece of it, it's not bad unless you just don't like string cheese I suppose.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I have made stuffed crust at home from my own dough, and that was exactly what we did, stuffed sticks of string cheese into the perimeter and rolled it up. Tasted about right, honestly.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I unwrap the crust and string the cheese. :wink:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

Im gonna start a Kickstarter for a device that makes stuffed crust pizzas a SNAP.

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LfpHHFO644

i loving love science

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Stuffed Crust pizza is responsible for Donald Trump, HTH

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Not s'bad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I'd try it.

I made some hot pockets in an air fryer a few weeks ago and it was almost too good, like a hot pocket shouldn't be that crispy.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
air fryers are essential tech for slovenly frozen food consumers. ++upgrade to anything you want crisped.

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You know, I hadn't even considered one until now. I have two questions, though: is it worth getting if I can only get the very cheapest models, and how much of a pain are they to clean.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

aniviron posted:

You know, I hadn't even considered one until now. I have two questions, though: is it worth getting if I can only get the very cheapest models, and how much of a pain are they to clean.

I bought this for $35.99 last week, unfortunately it looks like the price has spiked since. I will get it by this Friday and will probably do some sort of Kebab as the inaugural run. Sorry, I know that's not pizza, my penance will be Saturday when it isn't 108 outside.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FTLBL29/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I got an expensive toaster oven with a built in air fryer just so I can fit and air fry some Totino's Party Pizzas.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Digiorno needs to make their pizzas thinner. I'll take the pizza out to find the toppings burnt but the crust still undercooked.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hard agree

----------------

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

All frozen pizza should be cracker thin. You need a real pizza oven to bake anything doughy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

All frozen pizza should be cracker thin. You need a real pizza oven to bake anything doughy

:agreed:

I bought a Meijer store brand Hawaiian pizza the other day, it was rising curst because that was the only option they had for Hawaiian, and man did the crust suck, somehow it absorbed all the cheese too, I like I cut it up and the cheese disappeared

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There's definitely an art to it, but you can have good frozen pies that are not cracker crust. Digornio always ends up soggy no matter what, but Home Run and a few other brands manage to have thicker crusts that wind up crispy or firm in all the right places.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I actually love soft pizza, like you get from the big thick ones at gas stations spinning around. Id love to find a frozen pizza that was soft and fluffy

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If I could just find a decent to good Detroit style frozen I’d be in heaven. That motor city one ain’t doing it so the search continues.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

There's the Goldbelly route if you like to pay over a hundred dollars for frozen pizza :lol:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The Wegmans thin crust Buffalo chicken pizza used to be one of my fav frozen pizzas, because it had gorgonzola crumbles. Gorgonzola is a mild, less intense blue cheese and it paired perfectly with their mild buffalo sauce. I prefer really spicy stuff but that pizza had the perfect ratio of mild buffalo wing sauce, chicken, and tangy funky but not overpowering blue cheese. They still make it but now the gorgonzola is gone. It's just not as good. They took away a key player from their Flavor Zone!!!

The Wegmans thin crust veggie pizza with white sauce is my new cheap go-to. Spinach, onions, mushrooms, and a few specs of broccoli. Onions and mushrooms are some of the best toppings you could put on any pizza, and veg pizzas that exclude them always make me sad. The spinach goes perfectly with the alfredo type sauce they use instead of tomato pizza sauce. Broccoli fits here as well but there's so little of it you kind of forget it's a thing until you hit a piece.

I doctor it up out-the-oven with garlic powder/red pepper flakes/shaky cheese but I'm still surprised this is my favorite frozen veg pizza. They got the ratio of ingredients right, and the sauce complements the toppings. I've had more expensive frozen veg pizzas that were just not as good.

And a whole pizza is under 800 calories, so if you are doing any kind of physical labor you can skip/go light on breakfast and then house an entire one of them there pizzas for lunch and come out even at the end of the day.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Polished off a $5 Safeway thin crust sausage. 6.5/10. Exactly what I expected and worked as a vessel for various hot sauces.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like Casa di Mama's crust better than 97% of actual pizzerias

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Shamefully, I come to you with a tale of a pizza that wasn't frozen but was sold uncooked and refrigerated; my first ever visit to an Aldi was tonight and they had a 16" za that looked pretty good, the chilled take and bakes that are not fully frozen. But I mention this because it was such a remarkable pizza.

I think this might be the most mediocre pizza I have ever eaten. It was absolutely not good, the sauce was very weak and clearly had almost no spice in it, there wasn't much cheese, the pepperoni was bland, crust was doughy but fine. But that's the thing, it wasn't actively bad either. No weird flavors, wasn't a grease soup, nothing like that. It's remarkable that someone managed to make a pizza so bland that it's almost a unique experience in my life, and I wanted to share it.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
i just get a lil caesars

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wtf is going on with the shape of this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aardvark! posted:

wtf is going on with the shape of this thing

It's extruded