Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeesh, cdpr definitely captured some dark and depressing tones in their sidequests:

-recovering the stolen medication i had a high enough body stat to talk down the soldier from going psycho and open up about his service, then as soon as I leave the room I hear a shot, walk back in, and he ate his gun. Johnny appears and is just like "yep :geno:"

-the preachers son actually got me kinda yucked out when i stopped to listen to the dialogue of the snuff film father/son going into detail about what it was like to kill kids. they both got promptly katana'd as soon as the disk was recovered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is there a quick save? I can't for the life of me find one in the key bindings and for a game this buggy it would be great to have one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Frankston posted:

Is there a quick save? I can't for the life of me find one in the key bindings and for a game this buggy it would be great to have one.

f5

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Not gonna lie, I think it's kinda dumb that I have like 200 HP and every single low level mook tanks 20 rounds of LMG ammo with 300 dmg each without flinching. Also, chainchugging inhalers isn't fun.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Avynte posted:

yeesh, cdpr definitely captured some dark and depressing tones in their sidequests:

-recovering the stolen medication i had a high enough body stat to talk down the soldier from going psycho and open up about his service, then as soon as I leave the room I hear a shot, walk back in, and he ate his gun. Johnny appears and is just like "yep :geno:"

I thought I heard a gunshot and thought it was a glitch and kept walking away....

So what's the deal with equipment leveling? I have some rare/epic gear that i like, but they lose out stats wise very quickly. Upgrading with the crafting options costs way too much to keep them level appropriate. I also noticed that I have some rare equipment recipes Wich means that some items give you back recipes if you dismantle them?

The need for rare crafting mats made me scrounge around areas and I found that some vending machines can be jacked into with the minigame and give out equipment and mats, but those seem to only be in some combat areas. Lots of strange mechanics that really aren't clearly stated.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

By the way, for performance I've found that turning down some of the lighting, reflection and shadow quality settings offers a pretty marked improvement in frame rate on my end. I've got a pretty newish PC, RTX 2070 card, and when I first started it auto-detected everything to max settings basically as far as I could tell, ran pretty well, until I got to the scenes where you talk with Jackie at the ramen stand and Dex in his car. After tweaking those settings it's been running significantly better, like the game still appears to be a bit janky and have optimization issues, but that really did it for me as regards not making performance an issue.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/shadowmar/status/1337129593887543296

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'm getting a full crash every 1-2 hours on PS5 I need to stop. If anyone is curious though the Cyberdeck/quickhack stuff is basically magic and you can go full mage for the most part if you want. I very rarely have to shoot my gun to win combat encounters.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

it dont matter posted:

There's a perk called I Spy which shows who's attacking you with a hack.

Thanks for this. I'm sure this was somewhere in a datapad that I ignored but the netrunners hacking you with no explanation felt like such loving bullshit. It felt like an invisible archvile. Thank god the game is not hard on normal.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

socialsecurity posted:

I'm getting a full crash every 1-2 hours on PS5 I need to stop. If anyone is curious though the Cyberdeck/quickhack stuff is basically magic and you can go full mage for the most part if you want. I very rarely have to shoot my gun to win combat encounters.

Hacking is so unfair. I just stand down the block from a building, hack into the security camera then bounce through their security feeds killing every single person that gets caught on camera. Then it is just the chore of walking in and completing whatever mission objective I'm there for and looting the bodies.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
hate to ask this again but it sorta got buried under all the posts, but is anyone else on steam having trouble unlocking the preorder items ie the katana and jackets? every time I click the rewards button in the main menu it says error log into red launcher with your gog account, but I am logged into the redlauncher with my gog account, and it shows those items in the launcher and says "these items will be in v's stash" and they are not, haven't been able to find anything yet about it on google.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Delizin posted:

Hacking is so unfair. I just stand down the block from a building, hack into the security camera then bounce through their security feeds killing every single person that gets caught on camera. Then it is just the chore of walking in and completing whatever mission objective I'm there for and looting the bodies.

At this point I'm using hacks to call enemies to one location and then hitting them with contagion. I feel like a real rear end in a top hat most of the time. It'll get even more nuts with the perks in stealth that buff poison, I think.

cooshee
Feb 26, 2015

punk rebel ecks posted:

During the loading screen there is an interviewer speaking with the chief of the police. She stated that Night City had a record number of homicides later year at 7038. Seeing that Night City has 6 million inhabitants, this turns out of a homicide rate of 101 per capita (per 100,000 people).

This would put Night City number 3 in the modern world, only behind Tijuana and Juarez.

There is a news segment that talks about settlement in Antarctica and boasts about a "low" 70 per capita (per 100,000 people) murder rate heh

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tech precision rifles are incredibly OP, too. Just ping 1 enemy and then headshot everyone from the street through walls/floors/cover etc.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Is there a quick holster button? Using the weapon wheel every time I accidentally draw the gun.

edit. Also yay for walking next to a cop, him getting angry at me and telling me to back off, I back off and walk away and then he fully aggros 20 seconds after anyway. So lifelike!

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 11, 2020

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Is there a quick holster button? Using the weapon wheel every time I accidentally draw the gun.

Double tap Y if you are using a xbox controller. Basically double tap the unholster command to holster your weapon.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

ughhhh posted:

Double tap Y if you are using a xbox controller. Basically double tap the unholster command to holster your weapon.

Yep on the PC is Alt X2.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

On a decent PC I dunno if I am lucky or what but in over 20hrs the only bugs I have had is 1 T pose pedestrian NPC that reset itself soon as I looked at it. My car was floating a foot off the ground when I came back after a mission, once. Got stuck in hack mode once during a fight but reloading the autosave fixed it.

TBH that is not buggier than ANY open world game I have ever played.

In the mean time the game is easily the best of the year with the most impressive city a game has ever had, impressive graphics and a story that is keeping me well entertained so far.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Please do not compare this insulting trash fire to the Deus Ex games which have consistently delivered actual cyberpunk rpg gameplay from the inception of their series.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Secretly paid to help promote GeForce now. :v:

Honestly Nvidia’s should’ve made a deal with them to give them a free month of service if you bought the game. It’s only five bucks anyway, but this would’ve been a great way to get people on the service. Basically insurance if your PC isn’t working out.

I wish I could say the same. I've spent the whole morning trying to log in to their horrible browser-based login system without success and their customer service is of course also horrendous so it seems that I just threw 5 bucks out of the window...

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Please do not compare this insulting trash fire to the Deus Ex games which have consistently delivered actual cyberpunk rpg gameplay from the inception of their series.

Show us where the bad naughty video game touched you.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i've had two bugs in main quests forcing reloads - one where I couldn't get a plot item from a dead NPC's body, one where a NPC stopped speaking mid-conversation. also a bunch of minor glitches, funniest one was when i was on a bike and my PC suddenly switched to a t-pose stance on top of the bike

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

ughhhh posted:

Thanks!

It's funny how they ignored so many major command rebinds for keyboard and quality of life things on PC just to deliver a 15fps experience on the consoles they originally targeted.

CDPR's priorities are so hosed and I'm not seeing here anything that necessitated death marching their employees for this bullshit. Sheer loving incompetence on their managements part.

All the art, assets and work is just so top notch but the game itself is such a loving mess. There was no reason for the crunch and it was obviously just massive incompetence in time management.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Thanks!

It's funny how they ignored so many major command rebinds for keyboard and quality of life things on PC just to deliver a 15fps experience on the consoles they originally targeted.

CDPR's priorities are so hosed and I'm not seeing here anything that necessitated death marching their employees for this bullshit. Sheer loving incompetence on their managements part.

All the art, assets and work is just so top notch but the game itself is such a loving mess. There was no reason for the crunch and it was obviously just massive incompetence in time management.

Jim Sterling alt spotted

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

The shooter portion of the game feels like straight out of DEHR if you ask me.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ngl I wish the lead was as strong as Geralt or Adam Jensen. Don't really care for the whiny punk leads, yes I get the irony

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Qmass posted:

On a decent PC I dunno if I am lucky or what but in over 20hrs the only bugs I have had is 1 T pose pedestrian NPC that reset itself soon as I looked at it. My car was floating a foot off the ground when I came back after a mission, once. Got stuck in hack mode once during a fight but reloading the autosave fixed it.

TBH that is not buggier than ANY open world game I have ever played.

In the mean time the game is easily the best of the year with the most impressive city a game has ever had, impressive graphics and a story that is keeping me well entertained so far.

If you have a good machine there aren't any issues. Now, if you're on a console or only just clearing the PC requirements...

Between that and the hypenado people had whipped themselves into, the reception of 2077 has been... Something

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I like to try to take a guy or two silently. Then tag 3rd with my revolver, hopefully down him. Then go wait behind a corner with my KATANA and sword them when they come for me.

Here have some 1440p screenshots, full res at https://hakkarainen.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Games/cp2077/

I think it is very impressive that all this is rendered at 60+ FPS...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Thanks!

Yeah what I'm getting so far is that the game is really great, and in many ways an achievement, but it has to be one of the most mismanaged projects of the decade and it really shows. This should have released three years ago at least.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I think it is very impressive that all this is rendered at 60+ FPS...

Well, it will only render at 60+ FPS if you have an equally impressive computer...

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 11, 2020

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Donovan Trip posted:

Jim Sterling alt spotted

Thanks! I'm not sure if you're saying this like it's a bad thing though.

Also love having no confirm purchase button when you accidentally buy the most expensive rifle nuking your bank account after you hocked off all your junk. No undo either as far as I can tell. Time to reload another save. GOTY

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, it will only render at 609 FPS if you have an equally impressive computer...

It's currently CPU limited. 8700K at stock 4,7GHz, dual rank 3600CL15 and a rtx 3080. I'm not very motivated to find out if CPU cores, memory speed or what would improve the GPU utilization in this game. The game runs well enough even in combat that I should probably just consider playing the game, and let some other nerd to do the benchmarking :v:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It is incredibly pretty

I just finished Act 1, so I've been driving around just exploring. The city is loving massive with so many cool little unique spots. I especially loved the little neighborhood in the lower East side. It was spot on like so many neighborhoods I've driven through in L.A. but with more tech behind it. Also loving that they put so many dark spaces in: parking lots, dark office buildings without much more than a single street lamp, etc. I love that poo poo, and it really feels like an actual city.

Hoping to find some good stuff for the Photo Mode Contest. I'm sure competition will ramp up pretty close to the deadline, and I could still use some interesting portrait and action stuff.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 11, 2020

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

*V enters a bar*
Barmaid: My, what a sweet little face you have :biglips:
*V walk over to talk*
Barmaid: KISS MY TITS PUNK :argh:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Is Broseph what I think it is? A cheeky nod towards EYE Divine Cybermancy?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

give it to me straight: how bad is it?

its really good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Thanks! I'm not sure if you're saying this like it's a bad thing though.

Also love having no confirm purchase button when you accidentally buy the most expensive rifle nuking your bank account after you hocked off all your junk. No undo either as far as I can tell. Time to reload another save. GOTY

Lol sounds like a you problem.

I’m just kinda confused how you can’t edit your appearance at all or even get a haircut after you make your character. Seems like an obvious oversight, probably cut for time and to be added later but still drat.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

i like dxhr but this shits all over it in every way. its better than mankind divided too because theres more of it

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I like to imagine that in a grand comedy of errors they completely forgot to add changing your hair until they read someone say it on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Re mouse smoothing, I fiddled with that input-smoothing setting when I first got the game. It's definitely better now, but that might also be because I whacked the graphics settings down to boost the framerate. If it's integrating input between frames then the more frames per second you have the less you will notice it.

It still doesn't feel as snappy as Quake 3 or whatever (and I'm playing without aim assist because I'm not a wuss :colbert:) but it's definitely better than it was.