Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zeta Acosta posted:

The fact we can't change our character appereance mid game is legit undefensible

Ah, gently caress seriously? Not even your hair/beard and piercings, tattoos and (cosmetic) cyberware? That's really stupid.

Maybe there's a simple mod for it? Interaction with the mirror, anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So wait? The braindance headset is the offending device in regards to epilepsy? I thought it was a specific in-game sequence featuring red light flashes?

If it's the BD device, I guess I don't have epilepsy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CP2077: In the grim dystopian future, people can change their entire appearance, anatomy and personality at will!

"Okay, but can I get a new haircut?"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i'm still looking for a ripperdoc that will sell me a quick disconnect cyber butthole

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ok ok, I might have developed an unhealthy obsession with diner lady, but the graphic fidelity and the photo mode are loving insane.

Here's an uncropped version in 3440x1440.

Preview:

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 11, 2020

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
There lots of things that drag this game down specially ui and the RPG parts of the game
I don't know if it's a glich but i have to select English and spanish subtitles every time i start the game and the ds4 button are totally broken on steam
Story is cool so far. I want to get keanu out of my loving brain
Any news on patches and QoL improvements?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Combat Pretzel posted:

So wait? The braindance headset is the offending device in regards to epilepsy? I thought it was a specific in-game sequence featuring red light flashes?

If it's the BD device, I guess I don't have epilepsy.

It's the flashes that the braindance set does when it is turned on.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Just picked up a pair of hotpants with the highest armour rating I've seen.

This game needs a transmog system so bad. Oh well, off to fight the evils of the world in hotpants.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
I read that it was a legit test pattern to produce epilepsy reactions. Really stupid there cdpr

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
For anyone having difficulty with recoil there’s a weapon mod that eliminates vertical recoil, it’s called countermass

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

We named all the quests after the "prologue" after song titles, mostly stuff we imagined that Johnny might have liked or been influenced by (and era appropriate to the alt-history). We made a few exceptions because of reasons (usually quest designer REALLY wanted a specific song, or the title was perfect and we were too exausted to keep looking).

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0bV7n0QshCtpLXfQlGEl4K
Tidal (for jerks): https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/98e6ca98-dd4c-4726-9fc8-e46c4528e50a

Not quite everything is on there, cause some songs aren't on streaming services, so we've also included a few covers and substitutions. Obviously minor spoilers for quest names.

Cool.

also indirect confirmation there are 102 named quests in the game!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s a The Office reference in a side mission out of absolutely loving nowhere

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
also i really dont want to die in this game, hopefully the story doesnt go there :(

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Chalks posted:

Just picked up a pair of hotpants with the highest armour rating I've seen.

This game needs a transmog system so bad. Oh well, off to fight the evils of the world in hotpants.

You can upgrade your existing items with crafting. So in theory you can stick with the whatever look you find most suitable for your character, then just upgrade the stats to the new level with crafting. I've been doing that with my weapons at least.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ColdIronsBound posted:

For anyone having difficulty with recoil there’s a weapon mod that eliminates vertical recoil, it’s called countermass
In the sea of "But wouldn't they have-"

Is there a cyber mod for a passive bonus to regular gunplay? Because it would be pretty loving wild if there isn't and it is limited to mods and perk skills only, and all the gunplay cybernetics are to unlock bouncy bullet visualization and smart link homing.

Because at a glance the first impressions are "Buying those gorilla hands will let you punch robots to death and even pry open armored doors!... What, handgun recoil? Why would they help with that?"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

he's got shaky 'ganic hands
The dude should maybe replace them for copies from his own merchandise :blastu:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also if any game needed a robust "before you play" guide it's this one holy poo poo. Goons need to start assembling one asap.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Palpek posted:

Also if any game needed a robust "before you play" guide it's this one holy poo poo. Goons need to start assembling one asap.
I appreciate the brave sacrifice of people who lost their cool knives, because that was going to be me later. Because on paper it sounds like an amazing thing to take on the side if you are not going full stealth, and yet...

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Yeah like, we could do that in Skyrim almost a decade ago.

No you couldn't, this was patched in later.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Palpek posted:

There is some element of fun to having to slowly decipher how the gently caress anything works.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Has anyone gotten the double jump cyberware yet ? I wanna know if it will let me jump down from any height and hit the second jump just before the ground to prevent fall damage.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

in saints row 2 then

please tell the dude/girl who made outsider no more thank you, its a beatifull track

edit just read my loving songs folder, tell p.t thank you for this track

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Dec 11, 2020

clubDeuce
Dec 1, 2010
the only merit this game has is being an outstanding example of how good DLSS 2 is

otherwise it is a budget bin looter shooter pretending to be an rpg with high-poly diner seat upholstery models, a mediocre celebrity-as-voice-actor cameo and a narrative that feels obligated to be as hamfistedly shocking as possible by inserting rape, murder and more rape at any given opportunity

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

We named all the quests after the "prologue" after song titles, mostly stuff we imagined that Johnny might have liked or been influenced by (and era appropriate to the alt-history). We made a few exceptions because of reasons (usually quest designer REALLY wanted a specific song, or the title was perfect and we were too exausted to keep looking).

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0bV7n0QshCtpLXfQlGEl4K
Tidal (for jerks): https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/98e6ca98-dd4c-4726-9fc8-e46c4528e50a

Not quite everything is on there, cause some songs aren't on streaming services, so we've also included a few covers and substitutions. Obviously minor spoilers for quest names.

That is pretty neat. It is easier for me to play music in my place with a youtube playlist so I copied your Spotify list over to there. If that is better for anyone else here's an unlisted link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7yoj6OwkUOfizaj2_RvAwDRkY5ufvSyd

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm remembering TW3 where it was introduced in a free DLC. I imagine the same will happen here?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Congrats on shipping the game btw. Whatever the faults, the game's quite the achievement.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Rinkles posted:

Congrats on shipping the game btw. Whatever the faults, the game's quite the achievement.

Thank you

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm remembering TW3 where it was introduced in a free DLC. I imagine the same will happen here?

This game will have long and bountiful post game support, no doubt.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Rinkles posted:

There is some element of fun to having to slowly decipher how the gently caress anything works.
I agree but I don't have hundreds of hours to replay games these days, especially ones with no attribute respec and it would be a waste to go all-in into throwing knives only to discover that your life revolves around buying knives now and stacking up on knives before every mission because they get destroyed after one throw and you should have maybe invested into crafting 40 gameplay hours ago (if that even helps, no idea, that's why I need that guide).

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Section Z posted:

I appreciate the brave sacrifice of people who lost their cool knives, because that was going to be me later. Because on paper it sounds like an amazing thing to take on the side if you are not going full stealth, and yet...

What's this? I've obviously not got this far yet but what cool knives?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ebola Dog posted:

What's this? I've obviously not got this far yet but what cool knives?
I've seen a couple knives for sale in weapons shops alongside the katanas, but the Cool thing/Problem as outlined in some kind effort posters is this.

1: The stealth tree has skills that unlock the ability to throw knives at people, and a few buffs to that specifically. The good news is apparently it hits surprisingly hard even in a land of wallhax railguns.

2: It isn't a videogame mechanic 'you unlocked X'. You have to equip a knife in a weapon slot to throw it. So that is kind of awkward.

3: Apparently the knife just kind of self destructs, so not only are you fighting the UI to use it, you are going to spend a literal fortune if you want to use it.

I expect it was made that way on the bloodstained altar of "But it is realistic" and "Well it's really strong so you can't complain if it's awkward."

EDIT: Beaten by a throwing knife ninja.

Palpek posted:

I agree but I don't have hundreds of hours to replay games these days, especially ones with no attribute respec and it would be a waste to go all-in into throwing knives only to discover that your life revolves around buying knives now and stacking up on knives before every mission because they get destroyed after one throw and you should have maybe invested into crafting 40 gameplay hours ago (if that even helps, no idea, that's why I need that guide).

Hey now, it has an incredibly expensive to the point people are bragging it means you can't afford nice things if you use it Respec.... Or does the $100k respec only reset perks and hot stats?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 11, 2020

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Speaking of losing stuff, I picked up the LMG that guy had (in the ends with the Trauma Team quest they showed in the previews) then I mousewheeled and it was gone.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
what's up with the lack of key binding options?

I can't rebind map or inventory to tab?

e: also no option for ADS toggle?

fuf fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 11, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I think I'll have to put this game on hold after like the...I think seventh?...hard crash on PS4 Pro, waiting for a PS5 and patches. I really wanted to play this game on the couch, and even thought about moving my old VR PC into the living room (1080TI, 16 gigs, somekinda i7...should have worked) but I was stupid enough to believe that it can't be that bad on a PS4 Pro.

Some mild spoilers from prologue

Did the hero mission in regard to Jackie and his mother. Got the key, walked to the garage, talked to Jackie's girlfriend and during the conversation....crash back to home.

Restarted, this time able to finish the talk and got the thing from the garage. Back to the bar...

...and during the speech three NPCs there lacked thighs...just didn't stream in.

The other other car chase? I was handed an invisible weapon that never streamed in, and AGAIN I sometimes wasn't able to shoot...controls just didn't work.

Decided to meet up with the guy-I-cant-remember-the-name in the bar, and it took seriously like 30 seconds for the console to process that I am there, check off quest conditions (while I was trying to sit down, but no prompt showed up), saved, and then after another couple seconds I get a "sit down already" or something, so the quest can continue.

Also Johnny Silverhand punched me into geometry at my apartment so I couldn't see what was going on...basically looked into some furniture with Keanu Reeves behind it doing something

I really, really want to like this game, but it's too many bugs for me at the moment...guess I'm no Star Citizen veteran who can easly shrug them off with "it's alpha".

Game should have released on PC first, and then on next-gen later, I assume

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

jarlywarly posted:

Speaking of losing stuff, I picked up the LMG that guy had (in the ends with the Trauma Team quest they showed in the previews) then I mousewheeled and it was gone.

Think it's one of those weapons you can only carry in your hands anyway. You can't put it in your inventory.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't understand how Skip Dialogue and Crouch being bound to the same button ever made it to release. You're playing an immersive sim RPG, uncrouching is probably the first thing you'll do whenever you sneak up to converse with an NPC. Or when bad guys pour in during a cutscene, your instinct is to crouch behind something and now you've cut off the last thing your character said.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

jarlywarly posted:

I think those are counted as "Heavy" machineguns, I found an actual Light Machinegun later, even if I threw it into storage because my little baby man can't use it very good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

tuo posted:

I think I'll have to put this game on hold after like the...I think seventh?...hard crash on PS4 Pro, waiting for a PS5 and patches. I really wanted to play this game on the couch, and even thought about moving my old VR PC into the living room (1080TI, 16 gigs, somekinda i7...should have worked) but I was stupid enough to believe that it can't be that bad on a PS4 Pro.

Some mild spoilers from prologue

Did the hero mission in regard to Jackie and his mother. Got the key, walked to the garage, talked to Jackie's girlfriend and during the conversation....crash back to home.

Restarted, this time able to finish the talk and got the thing from the garage. Back to the bar...

...and during the speech three NPCs there lacked thighs...just didn't stream in.

The other other car chase? I was handed an invisible weapon that never streamed in, and AGAIN I sometimes wasn't able to shoot...controls just didn't work.

Decided to meet up with the guy-I-cant-remember-the-name in the bar, and it took seriously like 30 seconds for the console to process that I am there, check off quest conditions (while I was trying to sit down, but no prompt showed up), saved, and then after another couple seconds I get a "sit down already" or something, so the quest can continue.

Also Johnny Silverhand punched me into geometry at my apartment so I couldn't see what was going on...basically looked into some furniture with Keanu Reeves behind it doing something

I really, really want to like this game, but it's too many bugs for me at the moment...guess I'm no Star Citizen veteran who can easly shrug them off with "it's alpha".

Game should have released on PC first, and then on next-gen later, I assume

I crash every two hours now, sometimes more (PS5). I just try to quick save often. It's bad, bordering on unacceptable, but I've played through worse.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Though I'd probably be much less forgiving if I had to deal with PS4 load times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ice Phisherman posted:

Yeah like, we could do that in Skyrim almost a decade ago.

I feel like CDPR could have hired a couple of people, not even from Bethesda, but people who just play Bethesda games a lot and ask what is missing from this build. Because as lovely as Bethesda can be sometimes, they understand the design of open world RPG's and gamers have certain expectations after playing a lot of these kinds of games.

I want to change the face of my current character because up close, it looked like she had a lot of freckles, but from afar she looks like she's haggard and covered in dirt. I loved the look up close, but the look up close and the look from far away are very different looks. And now I can't change that.

Yeah there's a lot of little oversights just in terms of quality of life features. Stuff that's easy to notice but you also know why it wasn't a big priority.

Will probably be pretty smooth in a few months.